Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! Lots for me to read this morning, so I'll start at the top and work down.

Kathie - So glad you were able to drop by and let us know how you're doing. I'm glad the surgery went well. I'm sure that right now your answer would be "He!! NO" if you were asked to post a picture of your black eyes, right? Nice that you're being a good patient and that Art is taking such good care of you.

Nancy - I agree that sometimes a broken bone heals faster than a sprain or pulled muscle. Bert's still using a walker to get around and I'm afraid he's favoring the boo boo too much. He needs to get rid of the walker asap.

Bill - Glad you got a good report from your kidney doctor. I'm sorry to see East New York being canceled. That was a favorite of Bert's. He also liked True Lies, but we both knew that was not going to last. I just hope a couple of my favorites will be back next season. Bert was telling me yesterday that the #1 show on Netflix right now are reruns of Blacklist right from the start! People are just discovering it now while it's in its last season.

Dave - So did you get to satisfy your craving for chicken noodle soup? The pot I made is ok, but I've had better. I think the reason for my feelings about it, is that I used salt free chicken broth. Even with all the herbs and other seasonings I used, it's just not the same without the salt. Bert put salt in his bowl and loved it enough that he ate 3 bowls of the soup! I also made a cucumber salad on the side which was very good.
Time for you to get checked out by the doctor. This bronchitis has lasted too long. I get to see my pulmonologist tomorrow and will get the results of last week's CT Scan.

Karen - I hope you like this new vet. Poor Scooter doesn't seem to be able to catch a break. You're only starting to mow now? We've been getting mowed every week for the past 2 months already and believe me by the time the man gets here to mow, the grass really needs it, even with the lack of rain.

Looks like I'm caught up on everyone who has posted since the last time I posted. Only that Canadian dude is missing, but I'll still say "hi" to him too. HI, Lee!!!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Back again! Vet visit went well, got there at 9:45 and was taken right to a room, vet tech came in & got Scooter & about 15 mins. later the tech & Dr. came back in with Scooter. She has a slight infection in her eyes & also infections in both ears, so she has drops for both. I asked the Vet if she could do Blood Pressure monitoring & she said they could, so I asked if I could change to her practice instead of Town & Country & she said of course. Apparently they only do 1 reading early in the morning or early afternoon, so there is no dropping her off & leaving her all day. The vet's office is also just over 6 miles from my house & took me 10 mins. to get there. Her bill today even with 2 meds was $98, I was shocked! This is the same clinic that has the mobile vet I used for Ginger's rabies shot & charged me $157!! Guess the overhead is higher for the van than for the office.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Last evening I tripped and landed semi on the coffee table, knocking over the roses spilling water all over. I did hurt my hands and arms but that was all. Did not go all the way down so that was good.

Tomorrow I have PT, then a haircut then the Podiatrist. Will be a busy day.

All have a great day.

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Glad to hear that your visit to the new vet went so well and it looks like it will be a good decision to leave the previous vet, KC.
Cribbage last night could have gone better as we only won two of the five games(for 4 points) but we held our opponents to 6 points. Last week they took 9 points from the team that they played. Since there are only 4 teams playing we will face them again for a number of times and maybe do better then.

BB- I have mixed feelings about East New York's cancellation but I was not a fan of True Lies (perhaps because I didn't think it compared to the movie that featured Arnold. I have been happier with The Blacklist this season which I feel came closer to the level that the quality of its first few seasons, so it is good that they are going out on a high note.
Be especially careful if you order
anything on line, folks. I ordered Mother's Day flowers for Rita and apparently when I placed the order I must have clicked on something that enrolled me in something called "free shipping.com" and this morning I got a call from my credit card company advising me of a $19 charge that "free shipping.com" was trying to charge to my account. Fortunately the credit card company declined the charge and called me to ascertain whether or not I intended to make that charge. I have since called freeshipping.com and cancelled the "membership" but it reminded me of a similar situation that my mother experienced years ago when she ordered something that was advertised on TV and didn't know that they had a box on the order form that, if you failed to check it, would generate a monthly charge for some unknown service. It took us a couple of months to realize that her bank account was being debited for something she neither needed or wanted.
Temperatures will be about twenty degrees cooler over the next week but mostly dry even though we could definitely use some rain as the danger of brush fires is high and most of MA is on a Fire Watch.
Celtics will host the Miami Heat tonight as they seek to advance in the playoffs.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good evening folks.
We watch so little network tv these days that frankly they could cancel everything and we wouldn’t know.
Our vet offers a mobile service as well Karen. At a premium of course. I’m glad that they took such good care of you and Scooter.
Hi Pat. Ya, I didn’t leave enough time to pop in this morning. But there’s sure a lot to read and enjoy after a day at the salt mine.
Pleased that your kidneys passed the test Bill. I like to test how mine function by passing wine through them. :emoticon 0140 rofl: Tomorrow I get to see my oncology guy for my PSA results and follow up. Not an appointment I look forward to by cracky.
By gosh Nancy, you have enough problems with your hands without falling on them.
Well Dave, yesterday Doug and I got the double frame put together plumb and levelled. With the heat we knocked off earlier than we figured we would. Today just Doug and I and headed back and got pavers and screenings around the entire perimeter. Then we popped the 1/2” plywood floor on. The Pneumatic framing gun was a blessing! Because Linda wants to drive her little John Deere tractor right in we are going to add an additional layer of flooring. With various commitments it looks like it’ll be next week before we can get the entire gang together.
It was good to hear from you Kathie. Now please don’t overdo things with those eyes of yours.
Busy day tomorrow. Doc in the morning and pickup eyeglasses in the afternoon.
See you tomorrow.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. With the fall yesterday I had a hard time getting to sleep so I will be going to bed early tonight. My ankle has been really hurting so am glad I see the Podiatrist tomorrow.

A neighbor called about helping her set up her new printer and after telling her about my fall se decided to see about doing it over the phone. Well that did not work so I went over and of course they have a two story house and the room the computer is in is upstairs so I took my time getting up and then back down once done. But I got the printer all set up for them.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Wrabbits!
Why is it that when I take some time off from “chatting” you guys have the most things to say and post? Wow, all good stuff. :D

I want to thank you all for the thoughtful concerns about my eyes. So nice of you all!
I can actually say I SEE MUCH BETTER as of today. I guess it’s a good thing I got this done. The weight of the drooping eye lid is gone! Whew!

Dave: Gi get your lungs checked. You would tell all of us to do that, so now it’s our turn to tell YOU GO GET CHECKED OUT. ASAP

Lee: Don’t you be over doing it on that shed project. Hope your Dr’s spot goes well.

Nancy: You are so lucky you didn’t hurt yourself with that fall. We all have to be so careful these days. Nice you could help your neighbor out with the printer hook-up.

Mama Bear: Don’t be so hard on Bert by trying to get him to stop using the walker. He must still be hurting with pulled muscles, etc, etc. healing takes longer as we age! ;)
Good for you staying away from Salt as much as you can. I use No Salt tomato sauces, broth, etc as much as possible. The salt shaker hasn’t been on the kitchen table for a long time.

Keep up the good work.

Karen: Good for you going to a new vet for Scooter. Hope the meds kick in fast.
How’s the water temps at the Club pool these days? Is it getting closer for you to get your “floaty” out and jumping in? :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Bill: Lots of TV shows winding down for the season. Lots of Chicago Med. Chicago PD etc still new, but not for long.

Interesting heads up on buying stuff on line. What’s the name of the credit card you used for the flowers, if I may ask. That’s really neat that they called. I bet they have had a lot of complaints on that company and have it pop up as a ALERT if anybody uses it.
I’d love to have a credit card company call me for something like that.

Okay, my eyes are telling me ENOUGH already. Gotta go to bed.

Frost alert tonight up here. Sure hope all those folks that bought their garden plants cover them or put them in the garage. We have some plants the kids & Art got me for Mother’s Day and they are safe in the garage.

Have a good Thurs all. :crazy01:

A’Burg Guy

Good Frosty Thursday Morning!
Just a tad above freezing here this morning. Fortunately there’s no wind so while cold it’s actually fairly pleasant. I’m glad we set Lu-Ann’s plants in the garage last night though. The frost is very heavy. Both Ava and I had coats on for our early walk.
Your early reports from your eye procedure sound great Kathie. That’s fantastic.
Dave, you asked about instructions for the shed. Yep, there are. We have to have something to set our coffee on. :oops: GIT TO THE DOCTOR! Please.
Hope you got some sleep last night Nancy.
I’m gonna get a nice hot cup of coffee. Then it’s tai chi time with Lu-Ann and a trip to the river before I get all gussied up to go see the doc.
Everyone have a really, really good day.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy Birthday BB!

GREAT news about your vision K2.

There's always something coming up that you hadn't expected.

Yesterday morning when we got back from the grocery store, I glanced at my vehicle. It seemed to be at an odd angle. Dag-gonnit, it had a flat tire.

So I called AAA out to get me going. The driver planned on plugging any hole in it, except in the sidewall, and put it back on. But try as he might, he couldn't find any nail in it or other reason for the tire to go flat. So he aired it up and put it back on.

But by the afternoon we could see that the tire was going flat again. So before it got too low to drive on we dropped it off at our mechanic's, to be fixed today. (Problem with the seal around the rim is most likely.)

Every day is a new adventure. But I don't want any new adventures today.
1f601.png

How nice for you KC finding a Vet nearby that you are happy with.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy
Happy Good Morning GIF by joeyahlbum

Pat WISHING YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Many, Many, More! HOPE THE FAMILY TREATS YOU LIKE A QUEEN
Happy Birthday GIF by Jelene

Lee: It sure was CHILLY earlier. Suppose to get better.
Sun is out and now 51F @ 9:30 am. Good you moved Lu-Ann’s plants inside.

DAVE: You better make a Dr’s appt for yourself. You treat your CAR TIRES BETTER than you treat yourself. Just do it.

You all have a nice day. I have nothing more for you now.
I enjoyed a nice bowl of cream of wheat this morning. Just needed something to warm me up. The silly furnace actually turned on. It’s the middle of MAY! Geez. Enough already.

Later gang. Again, Pat enjoy your day. Tell Bert I hope he’s feeling better each day.

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Celtics lost Game One and with it they also lost whatever home court advantage is supposed to offer. Clearly that supposed advantage didn't help last night.
A Jet Blue Mastercard with Barclay Bank, K2. The person who called me was very helpful.

A number of programs right now are showing new episodes but I believe all that will end when May does. I imagine their seasons would have ended even earlier if they hadn't shown so many repeats over the past few months.
Chilly here this morning and there were even some frost warnings for parts of Mass. (mostly north of us.
Sorry to hear of your latest mishap, Nancy but it was very nice of you to help fix your neighbor's printer problem. There was a time when I could have handled similar problems but nowadays it usually involves making a call to one of our kids or grandkids.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Been to Pt and it was cut short because of my arms for the fall the other day and then got my haircut. Have the Podiatrist at 2:15. Called them because i never got a call yesterday, she said she kept getting busy signal.

Pat HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Dave go to the DR.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I loved them all!!

Got a great report from the pulmonologist today. The CT Scan from last week was much better than the last one. I don't have to see him for another 3 months.

Bert is off with M&J to Publix. I wouldn't let him go alone. I'm afraid of what all they may come home with, but one of the things better be a Carvel Ice Cream cake or I will disown all of them!!!

Bill - Sorry about the Celtics loss last night. We heard that just as we were going to bed. Bert said that the reason they lost was because they were defective. Just remember - I didn't say that.

I'm sitting home all by myself celebrating my birthday with a glass of wine. I've toasted myself 3 times already!!! :emoticon 0136 giggle: :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:;)

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening.

Well I was in and out of the Podiatrist very quick. Actually got there early. The only thing that concerned him was the ankle, after feeling around and poking it some said it is arthritis so he gave me a cortisone shot. He did not put Lidocaine in first but did freeze the area. It is aching so probably will go to bed early. He did tell me that I really need to wear sneakers, the shoes I had on were better than the flips but need the sneakers. So I guess tomorrow I will go to the outlet mall and check the shoe stores. When I was checking out she checked my phone number and boy did they ever have a weird number for me so now the have the correct one. I go back in 4 weeks.

I had to pick a Rx for Bruce at Publix so I checked and they have Boar's Head ultimate Sub on sale so I got two and we had half for dinner tonight.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Friday morning, Bunnies!

Summer must really be here, or almost here. The first church festival began last night. And will last through the weekend.

It was sunny and warm here. And it took place at the nearest Catholic church about 3 blocks away.

Just by opening the back door we could hear the happy screams of little kids on the rides. So summery.

Sooo BB,.......Did you get your Carvel ice cream cake?

A’Burg Guy

Popping by to say good morning. We’re off to the park with Ava. Then I’ll cut the front lawn. Then out to the veggie markets and on it goes. Maybe even a stop at Pelee Island Wineries.
Hope you got that Carvel Ice Cream Cake Pat.
How's the tire holding up Dave? Be honest. You opened the back door and in your best grump old man voice yelled at the kids to keep the racket down. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Oh wait, that was me.
Hi to everyone. Back later on.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Had a hard time getting to sleep last night because the freeze wore off my ankle and it was hurting. Still hurting this morning so that is really hurts standing. I had thought of going to the outlet mall today to look for new sneakers, but with the way it hurts I won't be doing that. Right now I have one of the two pairs of sneakers on and will see how it feels after a bit. Then I will try the other pair.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-Morning Wrabbits.
It was 40F earlier this morning. Sun is drifting away and by late evening we might get some well needed showered! I have an awning up and just waiting for the temps to warm up so I can go out and enjoy the area!

Dave: Nothing better than a neighborhood church festival.
I remember going to the Lutheran churches when I was little. Got one of those Chinese Finger straw gizmos and cried because I couldn’t figure out how to get it off my fingers.

Karen: How did the mowing and other gardening go girl. Hope you have your sunscreen on. Don’t forget the tops of you ears!

BB: Hope you got your Ice Cream Cake snd had a good B-Day.

Lee: Sounds line you’ll have a busy day. Enjoy it. Love Pte Pelee.

Nancy. Time to just put up your feet and REST that ankle.

Hello to Bill & Rita.

I’m out of here to put Ice pack on my Raccoon Eyes!

Lots of birds visiting the feeders this morning. The Blue Jays are HUGE!

Enjoy your day Wrabbits. Be safe. Later gang.

Now 67F! Just since I started posting this. WoW!