Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, rabbit-wanna-bes! Getting a late start on here today.

YES! I had a Carvel Ice Cream cake last night. The good news is that there is still half of it left for later tonight. We had homemade pizzas for dinner with an awesome antipasto salad to start. What do you think? Sorry it's so huge.
347628545_777255184075931_598103241147175633_n.jpg

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Tonight's dinner is turkey. We have a 16 pounder ready to go in the oven and will have all the usual goodies to go with it, including sausage stuffings.

Dave - We're way past all those festivals here and won't have any until the fall. Many carnival rides are stored in Florida during the off season. Once the season starts, Florida is first on the list and as the weather warms up elsewhere, they move further north. Then when the weather starts to cool up north, they return south stopping in different places until they arrive at their "winter home" where they will recondition/paint their rides for the coming season.

Lee - So did you get to stop at the wintery? Nice reward for cutting the lawn!

Nancy - If your ankle hurts that much, try Aspercream with lidocane in it. I use it once in a while when my heals hurt and it lasts for a couple of hours. Better than suffering in pain.

Kathie - Glad you have the birds visiting the feeder. There are so many birds we used to see all the time in Ocala that we don't see here - blue jays, cardinals, robins in the early spring. Instead here we see eagles, black birds, swifts and osprey. We mostly see them while they are fishing in our lake.

Time now to get this bird cooking! Have a great rest of the day, gang!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good afternoon.
WOW! Does that ice cream cake ever look like an antipasto salad Pat. How’s Bert doing today?
Nancy, try Marshall’s for sneakers. Really. I find their prices put the “outlets“ to shame. Take it from the Canadian who usually gets really good deals on shoes when he visits FL. I got a really good pair of Saucony‘s that were $149.00 bucks here for $39.00 there. Bealls used to be good but the past couple of years not so much. The Saucony’s were last years style but, oh, who cares. Well made and good support.
We stopped at Starbucks for a coffee and piece of coffee cake to share. That was good for 30 bonus stars. Then on to the winery.
The weather here is nice as well Kathie but they are calling for rain. That’s OK because I got the back grass done after lunch. We saw a family of Blue Jays in the park this morning. We tossed smaller peanuts to them and the swooped down and got them. Squirrels get full sized nuts. Did you see the freighter that got stuck in the mud off Belle Isle the other day?
Oh ya, the oncologist visit. My PSA has dropped from 20.2 in July 2021 to 1.09 post radiation in November of 2023 to, wait for it, 0.59 yesterday. Happy dance anyone?
See you all later.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Pat, that antipasto salad looks amazing! I've never made one before but after seeing yours I just might have to give it a try! Glad the family came thru & got your ice cream cake.

Lee, Sounds like an all round good day for you today, Starbucks coffee, coffee cake & some amazing Psa numbers! Looking forward to seeing some pics of the OGC barn raising too

Kathie, nice you got to spend a little time outside enjoying nature. It's to hot here to spend much time at all outdoors now. Pool temp is up to 84 and I had a nice little swim with Barb the other night.

Dave, I haven't been on a carnival ride in forever. We had a couple we used to go to every year when we lived in Ohio, once we moved down here there were so many other things to do & see we just lost interest. Most of the time when we did go to one it was more for the food than the rides.

Finally got enough rain the other night for me to check the gutter clean out, it seemed to be flowing pretty good so today I put it back together. Of course it didn't go quite as planned and the end of the downspout just barely makes it into the underground pipe. Lowes has a small 12" extension so I will pick one of those up next time I'm out.
Got most of Miss Linda's front flower bed cleaned out, she helped me & we worked on it for about an hour before it just got to humid. She is just going to spray what little bit we didn't get out with weed killer & then spread some more rocks around to make it pretty again. She has 2 small flower beds by the driveway I will work on next week, but they aren't bad at all. She insisted on paying me again, which I hate because she was working as hard as I was.

Tomorrow night is a potluck dinner at church, I'm thinking about going if I can figure out what to make. Tues night is our community potluck too so lot's of eating out this week.

A’Burg Guy

Well aren’t I as dumb as a stump. That date for my numbers should have been November of 2022.
Good news about your downspout Karen. Whose garden is next in line after Miss Linda’s? Pot Lucks are a neat way to, sometimes, find and try new dishes.
Gentle rain here since late afternoon. But it held until after we took Ava to Fort Malden for a walk along the river.
Have a good evening everyone.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Today I have worn all 3 pairs of sneakers/walking shoes and finally switched to my slides. I have ordered 3 pair of sneakers from Easy Spirit, and got a reduction in price on all three. Now just hope they all fit good when they get here.
Pat that salad looks so good. I will just have to get the things to make one for us, and it will be our meal. I guess it sure would not hurt for me to try the Aspercreme with Lidocaine.
Lee, I will check out that brand. Right now I am not up to going shopping, the ankle hurts to much when I am standing.

All have a good night.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
rainy day love GIF by Chippy the Dog
Like Lee said it's been dripping rain on and off since about 3:00 pm. Now it's POURING outside at 9:00 pm. Can't complain, we actually needed the rain to wash down some of that UGLY POLLEN that is all over the patio deck and table. The cloth was GREEN when I wiped it this afternoon. Horrible stuff. Have to keep the doors and windows closed until the POLLEN ends.

Pat: Salad looks great. Glad you got your ice cream cake! Ha Ha.

I'm tired and off of here to go sit down.

Night all.
Tired Good Night GIF by PlayDappTown

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Another gorgeous sunny and warm day here yesterday. Plus the sound of laughing children coming from the festival last night. Today is our soggy day, at least till mid afternoon.

Question for you K2;
" I remember going to the Lutheran churches when I was little. Got one of those Chinese Finger straw gizmos and cried because I couldn’t figure out how to get it off my fingers." When I read that, I couldn't figure out what that "gizmo" looked like. Neither could Kathi. Any chance you could dig up a picture of one?

Lee, you asked how my tire was holding up. I'll find out on Monday when the new rim comes in. This simple tire fix is now around a hundred bucks.

Happy that you got your ice cream cake, BB. That salad looks mighty tasty.

KC, I'm beginning to think that Miss Linda should hire you on as her full-time landscaper. Yes, kids go to festivals for the rides and adults go for all the festival foods.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Winter Solstice Animation GIF by Carlotta Notaro
Bright,
DRY and COLD outside right now. 50F! Suppose to get warmer!

Dave: Hope this shows up! Let me know if you ever got your fingers stuck in one of these gizmos!
s-l500.jpg

My Niece that passed away is going to have a beautiful memorial service next week. Her daughter is doing an excellent job of organizing the funeral and church service and burial. She wrote a beautiful obituary for her Mom. I'm so proud of her.
My brother, SIL , niece and nephew and grandniece will be going from here. Family from Utah, Las Vegas and Reno will gather to be there also. May she RIP.

I need to do some dusting around here today. When you sit around and have time to look 'around' the dust seems to be calling my name. No bending, so I'll be using the handheld duster to get to some areas. Art said he would vacuum for me after his bike ride. What a guy!

I actually put on a pair of sunglasses and my face mask and drove myself over to the Dollar Store to buy some more sympathy and get well cards that I need to sent out. Funny thing while looking at cards it seems like ALMOST ALL the ENVELOPES were missing. :eek: I managed to find enough sizes for the cards I picked out and forgot to ask the clerk what was going on with that issue! It was nice to drive less than 1 mile to the store after being couped up in the house all week. Even the rain didn't bother me! I must have looked like a bank robber! Ha Ha.

Karen: Good for you getting Linda's garden weeded. Your neighborhood is going to get the
Beautification Award once you're done. Kudo's for caring girl.

I have nothing else for you good people today. Just going to take my time and clean this place up. Have a few bills to pay online and then I can only hope there is some GOLF on TV so I can get lulled to sleep by the voice of the broadcaster.

Enjoy your day and please BE SAFE. :emoticon 0115 inlove:

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. I have just put spare ribs in the slow cooker, the recipe says to cook for 5 hours on low but my shortest time on low is 8 so that is what I set. Will check them at 3 and go from there.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone!

Lee - Great report from the oncologist, even if you are able to see the future!

Karen - An antipasto salad is very easy to make. You start with chopping up a pile of lettuce and put that in the middle of the plate. Then you just add whatever meats, cheeses and any Italian goodies that you want. Bert & I make a big one (18 inch platter) about once a year. Our family loves it and finishes every drop!
Glad you and Barb got to go for a swim the other night. Lucky you to have gotten some rain. We got nothing.

Kathie - We still have pollen around here. The car windshield was covered with it the other day when we were going out. Those Chinese finger puzzles used to drive me crazy as a kid when I would try to take it off. You can still buy them so that the youngest generation can feel the same frustration that we all did. LOL

Dave - I couldn't agree more with your statement about how kids go to festivals for the rides and adults go for the food. I know in our case it's one particular food - sausage, perrer & onion sandwiches. Plus maybe some cotton candy.

Nancy - I always loved Easy Spirit sandals, but they don't make the kind I liked since Covid. I hope the sneakers help your feet. Enjoy your ribs.

We had our turkey dinner last night and it was so good. They ate just about everything except one breast which I want for sandwiches. What little was left of the other stuff, Wesley took it home for a late night snack, including 1 of the legs!!

Not a lot planned for today. Bert's still hobbling around with the walker, so I guess it will be a slow not doing anything type day. Nate may come over to play Monopoly, if he has nothing else going on.

That turkey sandwich is calling me, so I better answer it! Have a wonderful Saturday, no matter what you are doing.

A’Burg Guy

What a dull, nondescript day here in The Burg. It was sunny around 8:00 this morning but the temperature hasn't really gone up since then and the winds are out of the north.
It would be the perfect day for a nice toasted turkey sandwich. With some antipasto salad. Thanks for puttin' those thoughts in my mind Momma Bunny.
Almost time to check on those ribs Nancy! Marshalls has great prices as long as they have your style and size.
So now people are stealing envelopes from The Dollar Store Kathie? That is the epitome of low. I LOVE to vacuum. It's one of those things that you can see immediate results. I hated those gizmos too. Just not sure what, in today's politically correct world, we would call them.
Hopefully the rim will be the answer Dave. And the shop won't suggest a pair of tires "just to be on the safe side". Back in the day you could get a tire and a rim for way less than $100. The last set of Michelin tires I put on the van were over $1000. And that was MY price from Wendell's when I did the dealer trades. Geez, I miss that gig!
How's tricks in your neck of Massachusetts Bill? I hope I got al the letters in the right places!
The gang is getting together tonight for a BBQ. The food will be cooked outdoors but we've already been told we're movin' indoors to eat it. Hearty Canadians my butt.
Be good everyone.
See you tomorrow.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening.

This weekend the races are at a track that had it last race 27 years ago. This afternoon the trucks ran and it was a good race. Now the Cup cars are running heat races to determine the starting grid for tomorrow's All Star race. And it had rained after the truck race so they are using the "wet weather tires" This first race may dry the track enough that the second race may not have to use the wet tires.

I cooked the spare ribs in the crock pot and they came out great. I will do that again. Lee I did check them at 5 hours and they were not ready, so kept cooking and at 7 hours they were perfect fall off the bone.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning fellow sinners.

I must admit that I've never seen one of those finger gizmos in my life. Oh I've lived such a sheltered life. Parents must have given them to their kids to get back at them for all the frustration the kids have given them.

A turkey sandwich sounds mighty fine to me too.

Yesterday was a new adventure. Again.

The floor around the old frig was wet. Now what? It's turned off and the ice we put inside was in large bowls. All I could think of is that it had something to do with the water line to the ice-maker.

So I gave a quick call to our nephew/contractor. And within an hour he was here. He dragged the old frig out to the garage and found, sure enough, there was a break in the water line to the ice-maker. So he shut that line down.

And get this; He also brought his small freezer/frig that he had in his garage to get us through till a new frig arrives. Talk about the cavalry coming to save the day.

And since this little frig has a freezer door, there is no more buying ice cubes every day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits! Another cool morning here in PURE MICHIGAN! Suppose to get into the mid 70's later in the day! Meanwhile, my hoodie is on! At least it's nice and sunny.

DAVE: That Nephew is amazing. Always willing to help you guys out. Time to find out where he and his family like to go out to eat and get him a surprise gift certificate! Nice of him to drag out the old frig for you guys!

Boiled up some sugar water for the Hummingbird feeder yesterday. It's hanging outside waiting for some cute Hummers to stop by.

I hope you all have a blessed Sunday and enjoy your day. I have nothing to report so far today. Be safe! It's been one heck of a week.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Another sunny HOT day heading this way. They keep calling for rain, but so far, we've gotten nothing. Bert's poor garden is dying with him not able to go out and water it. There are beets ready to be picked, but without water, they will dry up and be no good.

Speaking of Bert, he is still in pain from his fall. I have to keep reminding him to take Tylenol, but it doesn't seem to be working. He's a very bad patient and proof that if men had to endure the pain of child birth, the human race would have disappeared a long time ago!!

Not a lot going on around here today. Might have to get Wesley to take a run to Sam's to pick up a case of wine. Bert told me last night that he had just opened up the last bottle of my NORMAL inexpensive wine. I know Bert will say he can't go get it due to his pain.

Dave - Glad the nephew came through for you once again and then to provide that freezer, wow! He's a keeper for sure.

Kathie - I haven't seen any hummingbirds yet this year. Last summer we had one that visited our one flowering bush all the time. So far, nothing this year.

Nancy - I bake my ribs in the oven for about 3 1/2 hours and they too come out fall off the bone tender. Might just make some this coming week.

Time for a cup of coffee and to read the Sunday paper. Need to see what DeSatin is up to now before he announces he's running for president (God help us!).

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning, for a little while longer any how!

Pat, sorry to hear Bert is still in so much pain from his muscle pull. Hoping he starts to feel better soon or it might be time for a 3rd check up.

Dave, nice to have such a reliable & helpful handyman in the family! And good thing you caught the water leak early, those ice maker leaks can do a lot of damage in a hurry!

Kathie, enjoy your hummingbirds, rarely see any around my house even when I had feeders out. This year I planted some red flowers out front that are supposed to attract them so maybe I will get lucky & see some soon.

Lee, I don't blame the gang for moving the bbq eating indoors, nothing fun about sitting outside in the cold eating cold food that should be hot.

Nancy, your ribs sound good, I usually buy the boneless country ribs & do them in my crock pot. May have to see about picking some up again soon

Had a nice time at the church potluck last night. It was actually a service called an Ultreya, we sang, we ate, we sang some more & then shared stories about our lives & experiences. There were only 11 of us there but it was still very nice, good food & luckily I made a dessert as it was the only one there. The next one won't be until Sept. so hopefully more people will attend
Going with Barb this afternoon to pick up a chair she found on Facebook marketplace, it's not far from my house & she is buying lunch afterwards so win/win. I expect there may be some pool time involved too if it isn't raining
Enjoy your Sunday gang!

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Great numbers Lee. As far as the date for the latest reading, I simply figured that you were using your Time Machine to get ahead of the game. Next time, try to get some football game scores so we can make some successful wagers.
That picture of the antipasti was excellent but somehow I don't
think that the follow up photo taken afterwards would have looked quite as appetizing, assuming that there was even anything to see at that point.
Chinese dinner last night was good and we got a chance to meet up with some of the neighbors and find out what is new. A couple of houses have gone on the market recently and have sold quickly for more than the asking price and some without even making use of a realtor.
Yesterday's rains didn't interfere with our activities and today is sunny with temps back in the 70s.

A’Burg Guy

Well, with the exception of poor Bert it sounds like everyone is doing well.
Today was a dandy day here. I was working on getting the windows all done, inside and out, when we got a text from a gentleman who is involved in brain research. He asked if Lu-Ann would like to pop over to our friends and have a chat about Deep Brain Stimulation. YEP. So my best intentions got shelved. I should get off my duff and finish the windows now. Or not.
Other than that there’s not much from this side of the imaginary dotted line that runs down the middle of the river.
You all stay safe and sound. And out of trouble.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Monday has rolled around, which makes me appreciate not being a part of the workin folk anymore.

Time BB to start handing Bert his pain pills. And standing there till he swallows them. Taking it easy may be the best path to a quicker recovery.

Hope you are getting our weather this week, K2 & Lee & Bill. Sunny and warm all week.

You've got me curious Lee about "Deep Brain Stimulation". Sound promising, or not?

KC; We too have planted some red posies out front every year to attract Hummingbirds. (Vista red Salvia.) But we're still lucky to spot any, except for once or twice a year.

Today the new rim for my car should be in. So it will be nice to have it back in its' spot.

But we are starting off the day cancelling our order for our new frig. It was similar to the size we had, but it had a bit more capacity. To get this extra room they make it a little deeper in depth. To see how much further it would stick out in the room Kathi measured it out and put up a big piece of cardboard so we could get a visual idea. Nope, sticks out too far.

So we're going to get one about the same size as the one we had.