Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
You are correct Kathie. A gallon of regular is 2.859 at our Costco.

I hope the fix up your bleeding nose on Tuesday. That has to be annoying and uncomfortable.

Nice looking chow at that restaurant, BB.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
SAN: It’s not bleeding anymore “Right Now”, but it’s so hard to breathe out of one side. I just want to rip this foam they stuck in the left side big time. Can’t wait until Tuesday morning! I feel like I have the biggest cold ever. That’s from it being irritated I’m sure. :eek:

So we have 3 different paint companies ‘PAINTER WHEELS‘ of colors. Those things you choose paint colors from. I have a funny feeling picking out a COLOR for the garage is going to be harder than it was for any of the rooms inside the house. Don’t want it too tan, too grey, too white! Don’t want it to look like the color that is on the walls now. Need to pick the color tomorrow early so I can run around pricing a 5 gallon pail of paint?? Or whatever amount that is needed! Still need to measure the walls and add in the ceiling size and ask the paint store clerk just how much paint we need. I know they have calculators on line that could do that, but I don’t have patience for that kind of stuff. I’m just the “Price Runner“. Haha.

Okay, remember the photo documentary on MSNBC, “ The Way I See It“ at 10:00 pm EST. It was really worth wathching.

Nite from Macomb!
:sleep2:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Moan-Day morning Bunnies!

I think I'm radicalizing Kathi. Her latest purchase was a pair of earrings that say "VOTE".

You don't get MSNBC Lee? That means that you can't watch Rachel Maddow either. That blows!

Us being antiques too, does that make us valuable K2? Oh....I did pass on your thoughts to my Arizona daughter of your evaluation of now having LED lights in your new frig. (Very nice during the day, but a bit bright at night, but something you think you'll get used to.) Great Halloween yard decoration picture. I wonder if Michelangelo used paint wheels.
1f914.png

Not to be outdone by you bakers, Kathi made a batch of gingersnap cookies yesterday. Nice and chewy. Yummy!

I too look forward to watching "Saturday Night Live", BB. But to be honest I'm mostly watching to see the opening, and the skit where the 2 guys make jokes about things in the news. Only about 50% of the skits really tickle my funny-bone.

Saying that the Buffoon is "getting more bazaar" as time goes on is putting it very mildly, San.

In doggy-talk this morning; Since "Big-Foot" is a miniature weaner-dog, Kathi now puts a grandkid's booster-seat on the passenger seat of her car when she takes him along on a car ride so he can see better out the windows. Only seeing the the tops of buildings is a view which must have sucked to him.

Speaking of dogs: It's a soggy-doggy day here today. A light steady rain at the moment.

YEA, Colbert is back tonight!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits.
Dave: I totally agree with how you watch SNLive! I like the same things you do. The rest is not interesting to me.
Tell your daughter the LED lights are great. We all can get use to anything. And just how many times do you open the REFRIG after 8:00 pm?? Maybe, twice! ;) I love the space in this new refrig. Should have bought this 5 years ago! Ha ha

Love the "HAPPY" video. Oh to be anywhere that is that sunny and warm right now would be fantastic. It's drippy-drizzle like here right now. Suppose to be this way all day. BUT.... by Thursday we might see our last 70F temp. Bring it on Mother Nature....bring it on!

We're off to check out PAINT stores. Joy, joy! Ha Ha.

Be good and enjoy your day. At least you woke up and were able to put your feet on the floor and get to the kitchen for that blessed cup of JAVA! Enjoy it. Later.............

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Drippy Drizzle. For a second there Kathie I thought you had a new name for t. How’s the hunt for garage paint going? I don’t mind the led lighting in the fridge. I do like that the increase in brightness as you hold the door open.
Different “packages” get us different channels Dave. We shaved $50 a month off our phone / internet / tv bill by moving down a package. We lost MSNBC in the mix. It was good to see Jake Tapper shut down Lara Trump so quickly.
Run fast so you don’t get wet Pat!
A litre of gas is 99.9 here Tony. Roughly $4 CDN for a US gallon.
I hung a couple of pictures in the laundry room for Lu-Ann this morning. Lots of contractors buzzing around the final four or five houses waiting to be occupied. Everyone should be in by the end of the year.
This time around quarantine is getting old fast. Still, it was so worth it to get Ava (and Latte) home. I have booked our COVID tests for Friday at 11:00. I made it for that time so I can treat my best gal to lunch.
You all be who you always are. THE BEST!!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Got the paint. Yikes even with a 40% off discount a 5 gallon bucket of paint and 3 rollers cost $208.00 including 6% tax. You can bet this will be the LAST time “we” paint this garage! Just another ‘deduction off the 2021 Vacation budget. That budget is going down fast!

Art is off to change into his painting Clothes. We put the big heater on out in the garage to help take off the chill. He’s not going to start painting today because it’s just so utterly damp and nasty out there. He’s still doing priming on those drywall joints. At least the ugly sanding is done.

And I am going to make a big pit of Stuffed Pepper Soup. It’s the same stuff you use for “stuffed Peppers”; but it’s all chopped and made into a soup! it’s a SOUP kind of day.
Later gang.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Told you I'd be back! We did our trip to Sam's and got home about 5 minutes before the rain found us. They had already had at least one shower come thru here while we were out. Everything was wet. Now it's all very wet. Rain continues with some thunder boomers in the backround.

K2 - I thought you said on FB that you are making stuffed cabbage rolls tonight. Are you trying to confuse one of us here?
That's a lot of money to spend just to paint a garage! We could never paint the walls in our garage again as there are cabinets and all kinds of storage bins covering the 3 walls. My organized OCD husband has to have an assigned place for everything!! :emoticon 0138 thinking:

Lee - Hang in there. You're on the downside of your quarantine now! Before you know it, you'll be back walking the dogs bright and early on chilly mornings. Along with that, I bet you can't wait to be able to see your friends again too, right?

Dave - Loved that video! After a while you just start singing along with it.
So glad Stephen Colbert is back tonight. I think he has had enough time off for a while and needs to be on every night until the election.
The cold opening and Weekend Update are our 2 favorite parts of SNL. Once in a while they do throw in a decent skit, but once Weekend Update is over, we head for bed. That's usually well after 12:30 by the time they're done.

I hope Karen is getting better weather in Maryland than we are here.

The food at that restaurant really was awesome. They have a special dinner one night a month all year round. The cheapest of those is $99./pp. Their wine dinners are $179./pp, but that one does include tax & gratuity. Big deal, huh? Some of them are already sold out 8 months from now and they are having to add another night! How crazy are these foodies?

That's about it for me for right now. Seeing as how there will be no time on the lanai today, I think I'll grab my book and curl up on the couch to read. We're getting Chinese for dinner tonight, so I'm off the hook for cooking tonight!!

Have a great rest of the afternoon. Stay dry or keep cool - whichever applies to where you live. :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
BB Posted earlier: K2 - I thought you said on FB that you are making stuffed cabbage rolls tonight. Are you trying to confuse one of us here?

It was a TEST BB! Ha Ha. YOU get a "A+" on the test.
It was Stuffed Cabbage Roll Soup. And it was
DELICIOUS! Glad there is enough to freeze for some more meals.

I'm giving some to my neighbor next door. We'll be asking to use his condenser to blow out our lawn sprinklers towards the end of the week when the temps are going to be in the low 70's. So the SOUP is a BRIBE! LOL

The paint was Sherwin Williams and it was expensive even with the 40% off, but it will go on nice and easy and not give Art too much of a hard time. HOPEFULLY. And we can see why a painting team would charge a arm and a leg to paint the garage after all the PREP work he has put into this project. It will be nice to have a it all cleaned up. Nobody but ART and I would know it needed to be done. Who looks at your garage walls! LOL

BB: Those dinners are like WOW EXPENSIVE! I can see why you look for a deal to go there. At least the food was good.

KC: Hope your flight was a good one and you're enjoying your stay with family in Maryland.

Lee: A few more days and you'll be free again. Hopefully in time to enjoy the Navy Park and the warmer temps if it doesn't rain. 50% chance of that right now for Thursday. Nice of you to take your MAIN SQUEEZE out to lunch on Friday. What a guy! ;)

Out of here for now. Gotta package up the soup and cool it down before putting it in the freezer. Then after it freezes I get to suck out all the air with the famous FoodSaver machine.

Nite gang.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
I'm going to say good night from Kiss-my-aSS, Florida for tonight. Still haven't had dinner, so time to call the Chinese place for dinner. See you all in the morning. :)

A’Burg Guy

Dave, with any luck we’ll all be singing that tune in a little over two weeks from now.
Burrito Beef Bowls were dinner fare here tonight. Pretty tasty if I do say so. And I do.
Kathie, I don’t know any guy that, like Art, doesn’t have “painting clothes”. I agree about the Sherwin Williams paint. It may be pricey but it goes on really nice.
I had to look twice at those dinner prices Pat. Holy Cow! Just how much food and wine does $179 get you?
Still dreary here. The drizzle hasn’t let up all the do dah dah.
The Canada Us border remains closed until November 21 now. That makes it eight months. Who would ever have thought, back in March, that would still be in place.
I may as well say G’nite too.

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
Good evening folks.

Dave, I took your suggestion and watched the Pete Souza special on Obama yesterday evening. Thank you so much. I found it pretty moving and several times I had tears in my eyes. Thank you so much.

the contrast between the buffoon and President Obama is mind boggling.....how did we get to this point? And..... right on cue, the phone just rung and it was the buffoon bad mouthing Senator Harris. We are getting two calls per day from the idiot now.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I think I'm going to grumble a bit this morning.

I am SO tired of hearing that overused word, "unprecedented". It's getting on my last nerve every time I hear it.

Every damn day. Yesterday the Buffoon in the White House called Doctor Fouci a "disaster", and the other experts and doctors "idiots. I can only imagine what he's going to say or do today to embarrass the people of this country. Maybe in a couple of weeks we'll all be singing that "Happy" song.

You only open your frig about twice after 8 PM, K2? Opening and closing of that door after 8 around here is what's going to wear out its' hinges. That's where the beer and booze is.
1f601.png

Speaking of that; Liquor and cigarette sales have jumped way up in Ohio during this pandemic. So taxes from their sale is adding millions more than normal to the state coffers. Say what you want about vices, but they are helping Ohio's economy.

Kathi wants to know if there is an up or down when planting tulip bulbs. Beats me, do you know?

Good luck to both of you with the Covid test, Lee.

WOW! $99-$179 per person for that dinner, BB? Please tell me they don't ask, "Would you like fries with that?".

Happy that you enjoyed the documentary, San.

Time now for some hot chili with short noodles mixed in.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning!
It may only be 44F but at least the sun is shining.
That post from you this morning Dave was unprecedented! Come on, you know you left the door open for me to do that!
Tony, I find it interesting that we both refer to the previous leader of The United States as President Obama. A sign of respect for the man who WAS what the office was all about.
I bet that the Chinese Food was good Pat but not as good as the swanky dinner the other night!
I wonder how much longer we’ll be able to call it “Chinese Food”?
Still may be a tad cool for Art to paint Katie. No Dave, I don’t mean Art is going to paint Kathie!! See, I know how your mind works. I say take the day and try to catch more of the bird migration.
Ava wants out. And you know what that’s like when a puppy has to pee!
Back in a bit.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! I think today is going to be very much like yesterday with rain off and on. Actually, the whole week is going to be like that thanks to some crap brewing in the Gulf. Plus it's only going to be going into the mid 80s. Fall has definitely arrived in Florida!

Dave - Sounds like another yummy breakfast for you with you lead lined stomach.
Checking out the menus for these special dinners at Bites & Bubbles I found out a number of things - first off I could not eat a 6 course dinner no matter how hungry I might be, second some of the food I didn't have a clue as to what it was, especially the Julia Childs dinner, third all the wines were way off my list price wise and finally, there's not a snowball's chance in he!! we'd ever be having one of those dinners. Way to fancy for fans of the Grille and Outback.

Tony - Glad you got to watch that MSNBC special. I have it recorded as Bert hasn't seen it yet. He will one of these days, if he ever comes into the family room for something other than his "favorite" shows.

Kathie - You getting Art to paint that garage today?

Lee - So what goes into a buritto beef bowl? I kind of steer clear of any dinners that have the word bowls in the description when we go out to eat. Our Chinese takeout from last night was so good and we have enough leftovers for 2 more meals! You get so much food there. We were going to change our minds and just go to the Grille for a light bite, but just as we were leaving, it started to rain again. That's a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the Grille entrance no matter where you park, so we went with plan B.
If you're ever curious or just plain bored, you can always bring up the Bites & Bubbles website and up at the top of the page is a heading called Events. If you scroll down to each month and open it, you will see what you get for that kind of money. I checked the whole list the other day as I was bored.

Not much happening around here today. Bert asked for steak tonight, so looks like that's going to be on the menu. Now I just have to decide what I want to make with it.

Time for a cup of coffee. I haven't had one yet, as I made this my first stop for today. Now it's time to take care of the inner me! Have a wonderful day, everyone. Take care and keep washing those hands. :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good morning gang. Sitting here in the Drs office. They just took out the packing. YIKES! :rolleyes:
Need to sit here for awhile.

SAN: Glad you got to see the ‘special’. It was really a eye opener to what the country had been putting up with these last 4 years.

Lee:
Art is biking this morning. No painting today. He did have the heater on in the garage yesterday and had to turn it off at one point. I think he’s going to try to do one half of the garage Wednesday. He bikes on Thurs if it doesn’t rain. Slow but sure this horrible job will get done. I need to get out there and start throwing STUFF away that we haven’t used in years. There is a shelf with sprays and car cleaners that have more dust on them and need throwing away.

Dave: If your daughter is thinking of getting a new refrig tell her the LED lights are NOT a issue. I feel like I’m out of town every time I open the refrigerator. Love it so far.

Okay, I think someone is coming into the room.

Later gang. Enjoy your day.

A’Burg Guy

I hope everything goes as planned Kathie. I can’t imagine how uncomfortable that nose packing was. On the other hand I bet you couldn’t smell the neighbours wood fires. Let us know how you’re doing.
With apologies to Tony...Pat, I started with getting some rice going. Then I browned off some ground beef, garlic and shallots with a blend of spices. When it was done I set it aside. I cut the ends off sweet peppers cut them in half and scooped out the seeds. Then I sliced them cross ways and tossed them in the pan and stir fried them. I also made a radish salsa while stuff was cooking. When it was all ready I plated the rice, topped it with the beef and put the peppers and salsa on the side. And that is today’s episode of “Cooking With The Canadian”.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member