Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Another dreary afternoon here in The Burg. We had rain and thunder around 4:45 this morning. Then off and on showers. This weather, like quarantine, is getting old fast! At least I know today is my last day of house arrest.
Welcome home Karen. Is it Alyse’s birthday you go to celebrate? Really nice of your sisters to take such good care of you. But then you’re always there for them. All the time. How often did they take your temperature at the airports?
Have fun with your BINGO cards gang. They were put together by a friend of ours who is a professor at the University of Western Ontario. She’s quite a character. She is having a Zoom class during the debate tonight and the cards (I only shared one) are for her students.
Come on Dave. Do you really think that you can finish stating your position if confronted by a t supporter?
Funny enough Pat I said to Lu-Ann that I wouldn’t be surprised if t walked to an open mic at some point tonight.
Drive safe with your friend Elaine in the car Kathie. I wish I’d seen the Netflix documentary before I saw the movie. They really do compliment each other. One being fact and the other based on the facts.
Sending hello’s and best wishes out to Tony and Bill.
Ah, Bartles and Jaymes. I remember their commercials from around the late 80’s or early 90’s. Maybe both Bob.
We’re off early to get our COVID tests done tomorrow morning. Leamington is a tad under an hour from here but it’s a nice drive along the river side and the lake. I recall there being a couple of bakeries along that route too.
You albe good. Stay safe. And watch out for the other guys.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Ah, Bartles and Jaymes. I remember their commercials from around the late 80’s or early 90’s. Maybe both Bob.
If nothing else at least I know about how old you are, drank my share of bottles Bartles............ :!O!:

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Was never into Bartles & Jaymes. Used to just drink beer in those days.

Time to say goodnight from Kissimmee. Heading for the Grille for dinner and then back home to watch the debate and to check off my bingo card. See you all in the morning! :)

verosnowbird

Quartermaster (Helmsman) - QM
hI All,

Just popping in to say hello and things are going OK. Its slow, but steady. Still having physical therapy at home and visiting nurse comes once a week, but that should end in a week or so. Still waiting to hear from another doctor with an appointment, and have been waiting for the call for a week. I think I will have to get the primary care doc involved. Bill did drive to the lab today for blood work, and I think he feels a bit more independent, which is what this is all about. Can't get lazy and stay resting all day, have to get up and about.

Looking at different ways to get to Florida. Getting prices for car transport and might look at the auto train, but we would still have to drive to Lorton, VA (just south of DC) and that's the worst part of the drive for us. From VA to FLA is a piece of cake, but from MA to DC is a nightmare with all the traffic and construction. Still think it's better if we fly and ship the car, but we will have to see. Our friends will be there in Dec, so I probably can get them to pick up the car, and then pick us up at the airport. Just have to check the dates with them.

I dragged out the shorts again today, temps were in the mid to high 70's and will be the same tomorrow. Not supposed to get cold until Sunday, and that's the day we turn the clocks back, BOO!

Hopefully the next time you hear from this screen name it will be Bill checking in .

By the way,I saw the message from John about our old screen names, but I don't know how to get in touch with him. I think I was
AnonEMouse, but it was something like that.

Take care all and be well

Rita

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
Checking in from Gilroy

not a lot going on around here. Tomorrow we need to get out of the house and go somewhere..

Levi was rough housing with Anthony the other evening and was getting carried away. Anthony put him in his crate for a time out. Pretty soon they heard a commotion. Levi had piled up his blanket against the door so they couldn’t see him. The next thing they heard was him fast asleep and snoring. Gotta love how he thinks.

Our Governor Gavin Newsom has put together a committee of high powered professors from our major Universities. I think it’s a committee of twelve. There job is to decide when Covid Vaccine is safe for Californians and can be released to the public. No trust at all for lying trump from this part of the country..

I love how Michigan Governor Whitmer is dealing with nasty trump.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
By the way,I saw the message from John about our old screen names, but I don't know how to get in touch with him. I think I was
AnonEMouse, but it was something like that.
Thanks for responding, The message was from me, not John. Just clickie on the little envelope next to your user name and click on "start a new conversation" type in bob, (in the old days it was boB) cant spell it backwards, tell me what you remember about your afterlife here on CA. This is mostly a curiosity thing, I go back to the the beginning with John, gruelingly worked my way up to forum administrator (ok just kidding wasn't that grueling) so have an interest in and try to keep track of former members that crawl out of the woodwork and come back to the family, group, whatever, plus es my job mon ..............

besides if you are AnonEMouse how are we going to find you ..........:emoticon 0110 tongueout:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
It’s embarrassment to say I’m a “America” after listening to these 2 men. Trump was worse as usual, and I think, Biden, after prepping for 3 days could have done much better. Total CLUSTER F. Oh well, 12 days from now we’ll see a real DEBATE as to WHO REALLY is PRESIDENT
. You know it will be contested.

RITA: So good t get a update from you. Nice that Bill has gotten in the car and out of the condo. This vacation to Florida sounds more and more like it’s going to cost you a fortune. Lots of things to work out. I don’t envy you right now.

And now we get to listen to the big news channels hack every sentence and word over and over again.

SAN: I’m beginning to really like this LEVI pupster. Such a cute story.

Nite folks. I’ll need a sleeping pill tonight for sure.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
No more Buffoon/Biden debates, PLEASE!

Last night's was less of a rumble-tumble than I expected but STILL annoying. With over 50 million votes already in it doesn't really matter, and those who haven't voted yet, about zip minds have been changed.

"Mozilla/Foxfire"? Sounds to me like a movie of a monster in the middle of a forest fire, K2.

"Come on Dave. Do you really think that you can finish stating your position if confronted by a t supporter?" Actually yes, Lee. Always keeping in mind that neither of us would change the others idea, so why waste any energy on a hopeless mission.

"Cockwandle". I've never heard that word before, BB. And yes, it does remind me of the Buffoon.

Pleased to hear from you Rita and hear that Bill's and your life are somewhat getting back to normal.

San; Many times a state's governor does way better for their citizens than the federal government.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good morning Hutch Mates.
I don’t feel any more enlightened this morning than I did yesterday before the “debate” started. Did not learn a single new thing except that these debates shouldn’t happen to begin with. It’s like school-kids screaming at each other. Enough already. They’re especially pathetic if you’ve already VOTED. What a waste of time.
Only good thing was that I made 2 bags of the wonderful Popcorn! And I even treated us to some Vernors Ginger Ale!

It’s going to be a PURE MICHIGAN day here. 60F and bright and sunny outside. Expected high will be in the 70’s! Bring it on! I see a side trip to the Big Park later today.

Right now the kitchen floor is in need of washing. Art is outside prepping the other side of the garage. I need to get out there and start pitching STUFF that was on shelves that we don’t need to save anymore.

LEE: Hope your test goes well today and that you can get to the waters edge soon.
I’ll be back later Wrabbits.

verosnowbird

Quartermaster (Helmsman) - QM
Thanks for responding, The message was from me, not John. Just clickie on the little envelope next to your user name and click on "start a new conversation" type in bob, (in the old days it was boB) cant spell it backwards, tell me what you remember about your afterlife here on CA. This is mostly a curiosity thing, I go back to the the beginning with John, gruelingly worked my way up to forum administrator (ok just kidding wasn't that grueling) so have an interest in and try to keep track of former members that crawl out of the woodwork and come back to the family, group, whatever, plus es my job mon ..............

besides if you are AnonEMouse how are we going to find you ..........:emoticon 0110 tongueout:
Hi Bob, sorry for the mixup. I can't find an envelope next to my user name, so I tried this method, see if it works. I see you have me as joining Feb. 7 2007, and that is probably right. I was ANONeMouse or something like that, but now that I'm old I can't remember back that far. the thread was this same group of people that are on here today, except for some lovely people that have gone to the forum in the sky, and we miss them. I had the same e mail address then. My husband was also on this thread, he may have been negc, but I'm not sure but he uses that screen name a lot. If you can find us, great, if not, that's OK too, as long as we have a chance to continue chatting as a group. We have all been internet friends for years, we met thru cruising, and we still see some folks more often than others.

Have a happy day and stay safe and well.

Rita

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! I better type fast or I'll have to change that to good afternoon, so here goes ...

Rita - Glad to hear Bill is doing well and actually getting a chance to get out of the house for a bit. Before you know it, he'll be wanting to go out for breakfast at his favorite place. That really is a hard decision to make as to how to get to Florida this year. While it is pricy, I think I'd lean toward shipping the car to Florida and then flying down. Sounds like you're getting a good taste of Indian Summer right now. Enjoy it while you can.

San - So where are you going to go today? I hope it's somewhere nice and isn't centered around a doctor visit. Your governor is so much better than that POS we have here. He just does whatever his leader tells him to do and then plays dumb when things don't work out. He is totally ignoring the fact that some schools have had to shut down due to the virus. Instead he wants everything fully open. Grrrr

Dave - That debate last night did leave much to be desired but it was definitely better than the first one. Of course lil t had to have used every superlative that he knows. I believe that word Cockwandle actually is a Scottish word that has made it's way over here.

K2 - Tell us how you really felt about the debate. You sure were living high on the hog while watching it having popcorn and ginger ale. We forgot to make the popcorn and I had a glass of scotch while watching it. That made it easier to watch!! I guess you too are getting a touch of Indian Summer right now. Enjoy your trip to the park.

Lee - So I hope you passed your test today. I can just bet you are ready to be sprung from quarantine and are ready for those nice long walks again.

We did get to the Grille for dinner last night and ended up eating inside, as there was a cool wind coming off Lake Toho. The patio was full of people and I was laughing as the manager had to help serve. He was back & forth. I finally asked him how many steps he had done and when he checked, he was over 15,000 steps and still going for another 2 hours there. He should have been very tired by the time he got home.

Nothing on tap here today, aside from going to pick up my meds at Publix. It's going to be another yucky kind of day with rain off and on. Definitely a good day to make a pot of gravy for spaghetti. We haven't had that for a while, so I'm looking forward to it.

Well, I did manage to finish this before the noon hour, so I'm going to take off out of here and see what we have for lunch. Have a great day, everyone, and atay safe! :)

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Hi De Ho Good Neighbours!
Free at last, Free at last...I know that Dr. King used it in a different context but today I am free to wander. Now, here's the ongoing silly part about this whole COVID thing. I DIDN'T NEED a test. I could have simply served my 14 days and headed off into the community. When we got to the hospital for the test the techs asked both of us why were getting tested. They seemed puzzled when Lu-Ann said that it was because I had been out of the country and equally puzzled when I said the same thing. "Any symptoms?" We both replied no. Again they seemed to question why we were there! I was tempted to say that it was because I'm old and this test hing is free. They were more interested in seeing pictures of Ava once they knew why I had been in FLL for 25 hours. Our results should be back in about 3 - 4 days. Sooner if either on of us "failed" the test.
Pat, I didn't think that was a very nice thing to call your brother. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: We're expecting a cool breeze here this afternoon and overnight that will see our temps drop from 75F now to barely 50F for the next couple of days. Crazy!
Good to hear that Bill is coming along just fine. Why, he asked aloud, would you want to go to one of the epicentres of the virus? I guess it's a risk / reward situation. FL weather is sure nicer than the stuff further north up the coast.
I do like Governor Newsom Tony, and his efforts to do what's right for those who elected him which includes standing up to t. Michigan's Governor Whitmer as you mentioned also has been doing a great job trying to balance the spread of COVID with getting some people back to work in spite of the numerous threats and intimidation fuelled by the mornon in chief. Dogs may not speak our language but they sure have a way of telling us what they think, don't they?
To be honest Kathie, I thought that last night revealed a great deal. Mostly how well Kristen Welker was able to control the entire session. It wan't until the end that I thought t really started to stray back off topic. How's Art coming with the garage? It's starting to rain here now. But it's so nice I still have my shorts on! And we did make it to Fort Malden for a walk this morning before we headed to Leamington.
Agreed Dave. The "die hards" on both sides of the ticket will never change their minds. I don't think that last night did enough to sway the undecided one way or the other.
Poor Bear is starting to pace. Time for a squirt of his CBD oil. He's a better wether forecaster than the people who are paid to do the job.
Hi to everyone. Stay safe and sanitized!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon....finally caught up on all your chatter...now I have forgotten most of what I read...

Rita, good to hear Bill is able to get out & about under his own power now...that has got to be a real taste of freedom for him!

Lee, hoping you & LuAnn both pass with flying colors....and you are right...never stand in the way of a retired person & something free!:)

BB, the weather here sure has been odd the last few days...hot & sunny most of the day till about 3-4...then rainy & yuck for the rest of the day....and HOT!!

San, Levi sounds like a pretty special dog....

K2, glad to hear you finally got the packing out of your nose...hopefully that will be the end of that problem...just how much stuff actually got tossed from the garage?

Dave, watching the debate AND recording it? Aren't you just a glutton for punishment!! I watched about 5 mins of it online & just could not take anymore...

Bob...I know I was on here many years ago...but have no clue what my screen name was...might have been kasey....but really don't know...I'm just glad to be here now...

Went to Walmart yesterday morning to pick up an online grocery order & then went to vote...I am now staying put for the next 13 days....got the suitcase unpacked & laundry done...today I cleaned the kitchen...mopped all the floors in the house except for the bedrooms...and balanced my checkbook....having meat loaf, baked potatoe & tossed salad for dinner...so since the cook I ordered from Amazon never showed up I guess I should get dinner started...enjoy the evening all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi there gang.
Lee: Good luck with those Covid test results. Glad they gave you the test. Always nice to know if you are carrying it around or have it! ;)
You're giving my EYES a run the money with your
small print! Art is doing good with the garage. He spent a lot of time on trying to get the rubber molding on the lower part of the walls off. Glued on for life. We'll be putting on a WIDE WOOD molding instead of the rubber stuff. We don't splash around too much water when washing the garage floor and the Wood Molding will be much easier to just nail into the drywall.
I was busy scrubbing the WIRE RACKS that hold various boxes on the wall. Art took everything down from the walls and I got the job of getting years of built up dirt and grime off of them. Lots of "ELBOW GREASE" got 2 of them nice and clean. Pain in the .....well you know what. And my fingers are killing me. Thank goodness I had on rubber gloves.
KAREN: I did manage to throw some shoes away and old rags and empty boxes, but there is still a "S*it Load " of stuff to go through.

We got a STORM in around 4:45 pm and it turned dark and poured. That ended our garage work. Tomorrow is another day! Well, after Art's bike ride!!

BB: Glad you got to go to the Grille. Be very careful......the rise in Covid is all over the TV stations.

Hello to SAN, NEGC, RITA, PQ and of course our DAVE.

I need to get some dinner on our table. I know I'll sleep good tonight. Never did get to that kitchen floor. I did throw in a few loads of clothes in between scrubbing those wire racks.

Jill and her gang are in Charlovoix today. It's about a 30 min drive from the Condo. I think they got rain up there too.

We're going to have a MAJOR DROP IN TEMPS starting tomorrow. Like 30 degrees. YIKES. After the lovely day we had today it just doesn't seem right at all.

Later gang............Be SAFE.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It's a weekend, Bunnies! I only know that because that's what they told me on the morning news. It's kind of like my watch; Without it, many times I wouldn't know what the date it is or even what month it is.

"Charlovoix". That sounds like a disease, K2. Now tell me with a straight face that with all this organizing and cleaning in the garage you haven't been doing a lot of bending over. You better watch it young lady or that schnoz of yours may need to be repacked again. Great cartoon of the 2 Serbian boys.

Rita; Once Bill starts posting again, don't you dare stop.

While watching the debate Thursday night, I was happy to hear that you weren't just eating popcorn and doing shots of ginger-ale, BB. ;)

Like you Lee, we've been sunny and warm the last few days but now it's turning cold and cloudy. Yesterday we were up to 78, but today we'll be lucky to hit 50. Getting the actual Covid test will give you piece of mind.

Yes KC, I did watch the debates on one network and record them on another network. The reason for the recorded one is not to watch the debate twice. It's to zoom past the debate and see what their commentators said after it. Thereby getting 2 points of view.

We finally got to see our new neighbors yesterday. Directly across the street and one house to the right. They were moving in. While Kathi was outside planting bulbs she decide to go over and meet them. A nice young couple in their 30's with a couple of small kids. A perfect sunny day for moving their stuff in. The lady confirmed that the previous owners had remodeled the entire interior right before they put it up for sale. This new young couple was the first potential buyer to go inside the house, and immediately made an offer.

Yummy to the tummy, Kathi made a Key Lime Pie. That thing isn't going to last long around here.