Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, gang, from cloudy but warm Florida!

To answer everyone's burning question - YES, we got eggs. 6 dozen to be accurate. Now I have to see about giving some to friends here in the neighborhood or family,

Lee - I know! I know! Chuck Burris wrote the Palisades Park theme song and as an extra note of trivia, he also used to be the host of that god-awful game show The Gong Show! Happy birthday to the girls today. Will there be cake and ice cream?

Kathie - Be careful on your drive to and from your drive to Art's eye appointment. Do you have snow on the ground too? Where did you get the idea that M&J had a goat? Nope! Only chickens, 1 duck and 3 tom turkeys. The turkeys are big enough to be slaughtered, so I see a holiday meal!

Missy and Jimmy have decided this is where they want to be and they want a new build. Biggest stumbling block will be Jimmy getting approved for a VA loan. Then they'll know where they stand. Next biggest problem is when the house would be built. They are months out on production right now and wouldn't have a house ready for them until November. Their lease is actually up in August, so they have to see if the landlord will let them stay month to month or they have to find other living arrangements and you know what that will mean!

Karen - We've got Mojo's here too, but we've never been there. They opened just about the time Covid hit. I don't believe they have an outside patio, as they are in a place that had been occupied by someone else.

Dave -Believe it or not, M&J can sell the chickens. They're worth money at this point as they are egg layers. Some go as high as $25! Now they brought the 6 dozen eggs to us yesterday and told us that when they collected the eggs before leaving to come here, they collected another 36 eggs!!!! A number of their chickens are special ones and the eggs come in all colors.

Our dinner last night at the Grille was unbelievable. Lobster bisque, salad, stuffed mushrooms, filet mignon and chocolate mousse in a martini glass. Plus all the women got a stem of flowers. We got 2!! Where else could you get something like that for $15.? Plus we have lots of leftovers, as I couldn't really eat very much steak after the other courses. I keep checking because they should be announcing the St Patrick's dinner today, so I can jump on those tickets too. Due to the way this community has grown and with limited capacity, tickets sell out within hours.

I had ordered a portable overnight oxygen gizmo and it is due to be delivered before noon today. They better hustle as time is growing short!

Time for a cup of coffee before I decide to do anything around here today. LOL Be good, everyone, and stay safe! :)

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
I spoke too soon before. The oxygen gizmo was delivered right after I posted on here. Then within 15 minutes I got an email from them for me to rate the service. They are really efficient for sure.

Lee - I don't have a picture of all the eggs Missy has been getting, but in the egg cartem\ns we got there are white, 3 shades of brown and shades of blue eggs! Missy does refer to them as her Easter basket that she doesn't have to dye.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Quick good morning....heading over to Jane's in a bit...the shelf I put up in her garage a year ago fell down the other day.... I told her the warranty had run out....but as a professional courtesy I would take a look at it...:emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Dave hope all is well with you..surprised I posted before you this morning.....time to grab my tools & git.....catch up with you all later

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I'm alive KC. Just did NOT want to get out of bed this morning.

For working folk, at least it's not Monday anymore.

I don't know about you Bunnies but I'm getting a kick out of the creativity of this year's "Yardi Gras". Because of Covid, the Mardi Gras parade has been canceled this year. So instead of watching the parade go by, people have decorated their front porches and yards, and people pass by. Home-made decorations and some by professionals. Heck, about 3,000 homes have been decorated so far.

I haven't heard that song, "Palisades Park", in years, Lee. And I'd also forgotten about that, as BB puts it, god-awful Gong Show.

Do they have a stand down there selling eggs, BB? I too would like to see a picture of those "Easter Eggs". Is that nighttime oxygen gizmo pretty much the same as the portable one you have for when you go places?

I'm sorry that you weren't thrilled with that Lincoln special, K2. The thing about some documentaries is that they show the normal humanities and frailties of historical figures. And remove some of the saintly picture we had of them in our minds. He's still my favorite President and the wisest of all of them.

(I couldn't decide as I was writing if you were making a joke about Lincoln the President or Lincoln the car brand.)

Another episode of Lincoln next Sunday night on CNN.

Hi Rita & Bill!

Yes we got a good amount of snow overnight, but even though the air temperature was well below freezing last night, we also got a good amount of freezing rain. That's the booger that brings down trees and electric lines. Plus many car crashes. That had me more worried than the snow.

As K2 said, it's time for yet another "What are we going to do day".
1f601.png

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Quick hello gang.
I'm busy trying to call the COVID HOT LINE to get a appointment for my dear friend Elaine.
They don't know whose on the other end of the line, so I have all her information and hopefully I might get through.
Well, at 8:45 am I got through to the recording. I was #112 in line. Then about 2 mins later the voice comes on and says they're having trouble and to call back at another time. What a DISAPPOINTMENT and LET-DOWN. So I'm back to calling and hitting the RE-DIAL button. I'll try for awhile and see it works.

I can't type and do the phone thing at the same time so I'll come back later to chat.

We got BLASTED with LOTS of snow and WIND all night. The lawnman came 2 times already. The company that does the streets was out at 2:40a.m doing the streets. I was doing my bathroom run! Ha Ha. He was whipping through this place. Amazing.

Okay......have a good day and WISH ME LUCK with Elaine's appointment.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9nB5ZzbSO8

Well,
actually. NO!
We have three foot drifts in places. The only one that's happy is my old Bear. I'm going to fire up the snow thrower so we can try to get out of the driveway. Fortunately the doc's office for our shots is only about 10 minutes away.
You're a good friend Kathie. You deserved that prize. Not the other Kathie Anderson. Good luck getting through! I can only imagine Tony's reaction if he knew there were TWO Kathie Andersons!
We had seen pics of Yardi Gras too Dave. Hats off to NOLA for cancelling the real one and to the residents for preserving the tradition! We got the snow but not the freezing rain! WHEW!
Right you are PAt. And for getting the answer right you win a virtual $516.32. As you may recall that was the amount the winners won each week!
I'd blame. the old drill for the shelf failure Karen. That way Jane can go after the drill manufacturer and not the contractor. :emoticon 0105 wink:

Time to suit up and hit the slopes, I mean put on my hat and mittens and blow the snow off the driveway.
Be safe my friends.
That includes the washing and sanitizing of your hands. Which, of course, you are keeping away from your face.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning from the state that most everyone hates right now! Please don't hate us all that much as we too are about to cool down big time again. Of course, no snow like you all had and not nearly as cold, but windy.

I'll try to get Missy to post a picture of the pile of eggs they got on Sunday and then I'll get it on here, hopefully. Today we will make like the Easter bunny and deliver some eggs to friends.

Kathie - Good luck trying to get through to a warm body without getting cut off or told to call back. I think that's the biggest frustration for most people.

Lee - I had forgotten how much the prize was for the Gong Show. Only thing about that show I got a kick out of was the unknown comic with the paper bag over his head, but even that got old after a while.

Dave - Did you hear how even though the Mardi Gras parades were all canceled and the people decorated the front of their houses, it's all gone into a coffee table book that they are selling right now? No parade, but someone is making a buck out of this. Good for them!
The difference between the new gizmo and the regular Inogen is that the Inogen only delivers O2 when you breathe in and then out and repeats. The new gizmo is a continuous feed of O2. When you sleep, you breathe slowly and more shallow. The Inogen will not respond and supply the needed O2. With the new one, just like the one I use here at the house, you plug it into electric and just turn the machine on and it will deliver a continuous flow of O2. The Inogen runs on batteries which have to be charged after use.

Bert had just bought 20-50 foot plastic tubing lines to use here in the house this past week. We are already on the third one! Cappi keeps chewing holes in them!! I am at my wit's end as to what to do. For years he never did this, so I've been trying to figure out what's making him do it now. I think I may have hit on a possible solution - I think he's bored! Hear me out as to why I think this is the case. We had always had a box with Cappi's toys in it. Things like balls, little stuffed mice and things with feathers all for him to play with. When M&J moved and were gathering up their stuff, I thin they took Cappi's toys too! Aside from chasing after treats, he has nothing to really play with. Heck, since most wine has gone to screw caps, he doesn't even have any corks to bat around the house. He's like a child in that he needs something to amuse him.

It's either something like that or he's going to end up going to a shelter! :(

Karen - Do you make service calls to Kissimmee? LOL I have a few jobs I'd like done, but Bert literally turns a deaf ear on me when I bring them up.

Got the gang coming over tonight for our official Mardi Gras dinner - jambalaya made with smoked sausage and shrimp. Elaine is bringing over the King cake for dessert. We don't make hurricanes and longer, but we will be breaking out some wine, possibly including the bottle of Crazy Good that we got from True Blue Winery.

Wow! I just realized what time it is. Time to see about making something for lunch before delivering eggs and make a quick run to Publix for bread to go with dinner and some garlic that I plan to roast this afternoon to smear on said bread. So until next time, wash & wipe this hands and wear your mask. Stay safe, gang!:)

A’Burg Guy

We got to the doc for our second shingle shots today.
I was wondering if we’d even get out of our street because of the snow. I only did half the driveway. Enough so I could get out. The main roads were all plowed as was the office parking lot.
Sorry Kathie. I don’t know why the font size changed on my other post. For sure not an eye test!
Now Pat, rumour has it that $516.32 was the minimum days pay for a Screen Actor’s Guild member. Well, rumour and Dr. Google. The service from your oxygen place seems really good. Too bad they keep sending hoses with holes in them... :emoticon 0105 wink: Just sayin’
A coffee seems in order. Anyone care to join me?

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
No luck with the Covid appt for Elaine. Good thing she doesn't go out much AT ALL and nobody except the cleaning lady comes in twice a month. Feel bad she can't get the darn appointment.

LEE/ Lu-Ann: How's your ARM feeling? Hope you aren't sore. If you are take a Tylenol. That worked for us.
By the way, THANKS for the SONG/VIDEO. I liked that a lot.
Now about all that SNOW. We haven't seen snow or temps this bad in decades. I told Art tonight that I need to start looking for a place to rent for NEXT YEAR in Florida or Mexico. He said did I really think it would be SAFE to go next year. I told him....."I really don't care". Ha Ha. Thank goodness Ed-the lawn man came by 2 times to do the snow last night and once this morning. The subdivision pays a independent guy to do the streets. He was around at 2:30 A.M. and did a great job. I didn't even go outside to get the mail today. I can see on my cellphone what was delivered and it wasn't anything important enough for me to go down to the mailbox to pick up! Ha Ha.1613523011468.png

Here's the new Coffee make I bought yesterday at Kohl's with my 30% off coupon and it was ON SALE to boot. It does it all. K-cups, our own grounds for 1 cup, and a pot full too. We have had Hamilton Beach coffee makers for many years and like them.

BB: Capi is ONE BAD KITTIE. Does she get locked out from being in your bedroom at night? I could see her chewing a hold in the hose and he drifting off to La La Land. YIKES....that's NOT EVEN FUNNY. Did you try spraying or wiping down the entire tubing with BITTER Apple or Cayenne Pepper spray.
Hope your dinner was good. Would love to see the Colored Eggs.

Karen: So did you get that shelf back up?? Hope you got some FOOD as payment for your work.

Dave: I checked out the AIR FRYERs at Kohl's yesterday. Good Lord, they have so many sizes and styles. Way too big for me. I hate having the coffee maker on the counter, yet alone one of those Air Fryer gizmos. And YES, the coffee maker does stay on the counter in the corner!

You all be very careful when going outside to shovel or snow blow the next few days. We don't need any excitement in the HUTCH.

Later gang.

DENTIST tomorrow afternoon around 2:30 pm. Small cavity to fill.

Nite from Macomb.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
They came. They ate. They headed home. Thank goodness!!! I am really getting tired now. Time to get comfy and chilly watching TV. All the late night TV shows are repeats this week, so there might be a couple of earlier nights coming up.

See you in the morning. Sleep well, bunnies! :)

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
A quick good morning to you sleepy Bunnies.

I need to wake Kathi up in just a few minutes and put her to work. We decided yesterday that we were going to attack the snow in the drive and sidewalk to the front porch, and a path for the mail carrier across the lawn today. So while she plays with the snowblower I'll be working on my igloo. (My car.) At least I have a remote start on it, so when I dig it out it'll be nice and warm inside, and the heat will have loosened up the snow and ice on all the windows.

Chilly, and about 10 degrees right now.

We all probably licked icicles hanging from spouting when we were young. Ya wanna mess with a kid now? Ask them what makes icicles, and they'll probably say it's from melting ice and snow on roofs. THEN ask them if they know how much bird poop is on roofs.
1f61c.png
Betcha they'll think twice before they lick another icicle.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits. 1 Degree when I got up earlier his morning. Then it got to 3 degrees and now we have a HEAT WAVE...10 DEGREES! Brrr

Dave/ Kathi: I give you a lot of credit for getting outside in these temps to snow-blow paths! Bless you. Hope you have some Hot whiskey with lemon and honey to sip on when you get back inside!
I truly looks beautiful with the sun-shining on the snow in our yard.

I’m off to the Dentist this afternoon! Thank goodness for AUTO-START in the car. Like Dave said it will be nice and warm when I get ready to leave!

Lee: If you took those pups down to the waters edge today you should be reported! Just too cold. Ha ha.

Later gang.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bachkyard pics! Looks like Dr Zavago scene! TAP pic to see bigger.

Attachments

• 4832486F-1F6C-48F1-9368-66085C6C9632.jpeg
    4832486F-1F6C-48F1-9368-66085C6C9632.jpeg
    870.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2665AD8C-A313-4622-923C-7A7B9629D44B.jpeg
    2665AD8C-A313-4622-923C-7A7B9629D44B.jpeg
    969.1 KB · Views: 7

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, everyone! Another one of those days where we both slept in. I guess we were making up for the previous 2 early mornings when Cappi chewed through the oxygen line and we had to get up earlier than usual.

Sort of on the chilly side today, but much warmer than where the rest of you are. It's cloudy and there's a good chance of rain somewhere along the line. Now all you freezing folks, if you hop on a plane today and come to Florida, you would get to experience 86 degrees here in central Florida tomorrow. That is so crazy, even for this time of the year.

Kathie - Beautiful snow pictures. Almost made me wish I could experience it to, but I got a chill looking at the picture and changed my mind. Be careful driving in it today going to the dentist.

Dave - Be careful with all that tackling of the snow. I'm sure the snow blower makes it a lot easier, but just remember your ages and you don't want to do something stupid and end up in the hospital.

Lee - I love your one-liner about giving the icicle away. That totally cracked me up!! :D

Granddaughter Emily showed up with the gang last night. Haven't seen her since right after Christmas when she showed up for her gift. So surprise, surprise, she showed up last night, as she just happens to have had a birthday 2 weeks ago! I can't believe she's going to use her birthday money to buy more pins from Sea World! She is totally obsessed with SW and goes there 4 or 5 times each month thinking that someday she wants to work with the sea life there as a trainer. Some goal, huh? I doubt that it will happen as she's not very motivated to do much of anything.

Not a lot going on around here today, so it might be a good day to curl up and read. But for right now it's time for lunch. Time to eat up some of those eggs we got from Missy.

Have a good day, gang. Stay warm and be careful! Stay Safe!!:)

A’Burg Guy

Once again our second shingle shot has knocked the snot out of both of us. The side effects can last for 3 days! I blame myself for the way I feel as I did some snow yesterday afternoon. I think with Lu-Ann’s other meds it’s just a bad mix.
if you hop on a plane today and come to Florida
If we were able Pat we’d be there in a pinch! That pin trading is big business at the House The Mouse built. Lu-Ann is a Lilo and Stitch fan and has a few pins featuring them.
From OH to MI I’m seeing snow! Clear down to Texas if you believe the news!!
We took the pups for a car ride today Kathie. Way too cold for them to walk along the river today. Not to mention all of the salt they throw down around here.
We have a virtual tour on The Orient Express at 17:00. Neither of us really feels like it but we did sign up.
We got a very touching note from Nancy today. I hope that she will drop by now and again.
Be good.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave: Thanks for the PRE-SNOW picture. That's a LOT of snow to remove! We're getting to the stage as to where to PILE it up. But that's Ed's job not ours! Ha Ha His snowblower throws it up and out a lot further than ours.

If I can, sometime tomorrow I will take a picture of our neighbors snow Fort that he made for his kids. He used his snowblower on his entire front lawn to pile up the snow in a HUGE ROUND MOUND in the middle of his front lawn. I drove by on the way home from the dentist and watched him finish the removal of all that snow. WHAT A DAD! I bet tomorrow he will be digging our a doorway if he actually is make a Igloo out of it. I just worry that it will CAVE IN on them and one of the kids might suffocate! I'll try and go and take a picture. He's just 3 doors away from our house.

Lee/ Lu-Ann: Sure hope you two are feeling better by the time you read this. Not sure if it would help or if you can take it, but a Tylenol worked for me! Take care.

I had a nice ZOOM Annual Choir Election meeting tonight. It was poorly attended, but then we have a lot of members who are ..... OUT OF TOWN or .... in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at their Time Shares. UNREAL. I asked one of them that showed up for the ZOOM from Naples, FLorida how the folks were down there about wearing masks and she said where they are staying they pretty much wore masks. In the condo complex they were all wearing them. She did say she and hubby were going to Quarantine when they get back home the 1st of April. He's a doctor, so he knows this is the right thing to do.

Okay, I'm out of here for tonight. 20F right now and dropping. Might get some snow tomorrow, but not much in our area.

OUR JILL got her 1st SHOT today at Rite-Aid. YIPPEE!!

Lee: I'm glad that Nancy reached out to you both. She needs to keep in contact with Tony's friends. I feel so sorry for her and the family. Tony was the ALFA of the family and it will take awhile to not have him doing all the planning and directing anymore. So sad.

On a happier note.... RUSH L is no longer suffering! Which means we aren't either.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
"I just gave my icicle to the kid next door.
:emoticon 0136 giggle:
" Great line, Lee. Hope you and your bride soon get over the reaction to the shingles shots. That vaccination was the one that threw me for a loop too.

You are so right K2 about those remote car starters. It's so nice to start right from home with a warm car. Heck half the places we go are so close that without the remote start we'd be there just as the car's heater was pushing out warm air. (Summer cooling is neat too.) A giant snow fort, how cool!

BB; Sounds like Emily is getting to be a little too full of herself.

At least we're starting off in the low 20's today instead of yesterday's single digits.

Something happened at the Vet's office. I called yesterday to refill the doggies prescription and only got a recorded message that the office has gotten flooded and will be closed for a while. Frozen pipes is my guess.

Kathi bought a recipe book for our Ninja air fryer. 75 recipes. Today we're trying their lemon pork tenderloin. So far we haven't set off any smoke alarms. (Key words....so far.)

Grocery pick-up day, in just a few minutes.