Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good for you, Kathie, getting an appointment for the vaccine. That's the only way you get thru - just keep calling over and over. We're to get our 2nd shot on the 26th, but I don't know if we have to still make an appointment for the 2nd shot line. We shall see. Here in Florida, anyone over 65 can get the shot. Doesn't matter what state or country you come from! Residents of Florida are really pi$$ed that snowbirds and any other out of staters are getting in while Florida residents can't get the vaccine. Some of these out of state people are lining up and sleeping in their cars to make sure they get the vaccine. After that, some of them go home and want to come back when they are eligible for the 2nd shot. Canadians are flying into Florida to get the vaccine and then going home to quarantine for 2 weeks before flying back again for the 2nd shot. Do you think that is really fair?

Bill - You know that I am not and never was a fan of the Patriots and Bill Belichick, but I have changed my opinion of Belichick. He did the right thing, as lil t has totally destroyed the medal's purpose. It used to be an honor to get it. Lil t hands them out to his supporters only. I still will never be a fan of the Patriots though!:p

Lee - Good to see you drop by. Sounds like a fun job -trimming mighty dog toenails! Do you watch grass grow at the same time? LOL

Time to get back to afternoon exercises today. Haven't been doing them for a while, but I need to build up the legs and muscles that operate my knees. Think I'll put on the news, get pi$$ed and pedal like crazy. How's that for a plan? :)

Just realized I never posted this earlier. Sorry about that.

Time now for me to call it quits for tonight. See you in the morning@ Sleep well :)

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Congratulations K2 on getting an appointment for the Covid vaccine. I'm jealous. Every state has a different way of giving them. And in Ohio every county and city does it differently. My biggest problem is when or even where I can get the shot. Still trying to get the answers.

Oh that's all we need now, another round of hoarding.

BB; I too believe that appliances made around 20 years ago were made to last longer than they are now. Question; Is there a floor drain in your laundry room? Hope you spiced up that chili. You have now more than taken over the lead as the Bunny that takes the most pills in one day.

Thanks for just stopping in to just say HI, Madam Vice President. Keeps us from sending out the dogs to find you. And rumor has it that Lee has the fastest pack.

We bunnies seem to have a lot of things breaking down lately. Here's yesterday's breakdown;

We went to the Walley-World pharmacy yesterday to have them bring out to our car a couple of prescriptions. When we got home, Kathi hit her remote button but the garage door wouldn't open. Figuring that it was because of a dead battery in it I grabbed the one for our other car. But it wouldn't work either. So I figure that the little wire antennae on the actual garage door opener must have come loose.

But on the way through the kitchen I grabbed our spare opener in the junk-drawer and gave it a press. BINGO, the garage door opened. And then the other 2 also worked.

I have no idea why everything is fine now.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! Today is off to a not too rousing start. I actually slept until 10:00! That NEVER happens. I think I was just so nice and cozy warm in bed, I just didn't want to get out of bed. Not a problem as there's not much happening around here today.

Dave - Our laundry room does not have a drain in the floor. They cost money and the developer here was very cheap with things like that.
I will be able to drop the use of some of these pills in a few days once the prescriptions run out. That will drop 4 pills a day. The others will just be maintenance drugs for thyroid and mostly high blood pressure. Imagine that ... a Jersey girl with high blood pressure! Who'd have thunk it??? LOL And yes, that is a deliberate misspelling.

That's about all I've got for now. Time to grab some lunch and then sit down to watch that horse & pony show going on in DC. That reminds me, I was reading this morning the while lil t will not be at the inauguration, his daughter & SIL will, as she feels it will help her "political career". Somebody needs to tell that phony that there's not a snowball's chance in hell of her EVER moving up in politics thanks to her deal ole dad. That last name is tainted forever!

Have as good a day as possible. Stay warm & dry. Wash you hands and wear that mask! :)

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
Good morning.
Same routine today for us......stay at home.

Yesterday I cleaned up my truck from it’s trip North. Cleaned the floor mats.

Dinner yesterday was Pizza at A and A’s house down the street.

last night I watched Levi do a perfect drift from the living room to the kitchen. Even with his butt sideways in mid turn he never let up on running on the slippery wood flooring and he ended up exactly where he wanted to. Sorry, I get a lot of pleasure watching his antics.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Sorry, I get a lot of pleasure watching his antics.
Why would you be sorry for enjoying Levi’s antics Tony. I think that’s neat too! I headed to the car wash this morning as well. Vacuumed the interior when I got home.
“Vaccine Tourism” is what they’re calling it here Pat. I agree that FL residents should be beyond pi$$ed that anyone from outside the state is jumping the queue for a shot. I would watch the grass grow if it was actually growing this time of year. I was watching CNN (yes, we subscribed to it as an add on) and can’t believe that some of the people who were hunkered down during last weeks attack on democracy are defending that moron and speaking against impeachment.
It‘s funny how sensitive some electronic gizmos can be Dave. Maybe it had to do with the way you were holding your tongue in your mouth. I have no idea when we’ll be eligible for our covid shots.
Missing a couple of folks here today...
Seeing as it was a tad over 40F we headed to the park to have coffee and snacky things with friends and dogs. We looked like Eskimos (can I still say that?) bundled up in the park. Tomorrow we enter another lockdown phase with stay at home orders in place. Again, too many loopholes in this “Mock-down” to be really effective. Only supposed to go out for groceries, medical appointments, exercise and so on. But coffee shops, restaurants, hardware stores are all still open for drive through and curb side service. If ya don’t want people to go out, don’t give ’em places to go!!!
Heading off. Lu-Ann is exercising and I’m going to run the vacuum around.
Wash your hands.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Been a long day around here. Watched the goings on in DC today including the impeachment vote. Now it's time for more chili for dinner and a night of surfing the web.

Getting off the computer for tonight, so I will see you in the morning. :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
:rolleyes:Dave: Look up your local City, Township or County HEALTH DEPT’s website for COVID vaccine information.
I took down the outside Xmas lights today. It was 45F and sunny and no wind. Easy job.
Sure glad we kept it simple this year.
Lee nice pictures of you on FB with the pups and your Bubble group.

We get to get up at the crack of dawn to go get Art’s Cataract surgery. The place is not far, but rush hour traffic in that area can be crazy.

You all be good and I’ll check in later sometime. I have to stay on the property until Art is done. Up to 3 hours. I’m bringing my knitting and staying in the car. :rolleyes:

Night all

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Wishing Art well on his cataract surgery and a quick healing.

Like you Lee, we too don't know when we can get a Covid vaccination. I was going to call our family doctor yesterday to find out when and where we could get the shot. But the doctor's office called me first about something else. So I asked my question. They have no idea. On the news last night, it seems that Ohio under-ordered vaccinations. Here, they are still vaccinating medical workers and people that live in nursing homes because they are so short.

But it looks like in some locations in New York, Arizona, and California they are setting up vaccination places that are open 24 hours a day. Now that would be perfect.

A Jersey Girl with high blood pressure? The thought never entered my mind, BB.
1f644.png

San; Pups and little kids can do the most ordinary things and yet make it look so cute.

After the Buffoon got impeached for the second time yesterday, I saw one more Buffoon-flag come down in this town. But there's still a few still fluttering in the breeze. (Slow learners.)

Another boring day. (It can stay that way as long as I don't get infected.) My big goal today is to do a poop-patrol. And maybe give a distant "Howdy" to a neighbor.

Oh yea, it's also grocery pick-up day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone!

First off I'm sending good thoughts to Art that his cataract surgery goes/went well and that he will have a great recovery from it. I still maintain that that surgery was the best thing I ever did for my eyes.

I've bee up for a couple of hours already after getting a kind of crummy night's sleep. I found out yesterday that the health department had been calling me on the cell phone, but we have terrible service here at the house and I had missed their calls. So I called them this morning, It was like a shooting gallery - one person had my records, but not Bert's. Then someone else called to schedule him, but not me. Then finally I got someone who was able to get us both an appointment for the same time at the same location. What an operation, but the bottom line is that on 1/26 at 11:20 AM we will both be getting shot #2 of the vaccine. I will be ready to breathe a sigh of relief about 3 weeks later when will FINALLY be able to go into stores again, wearing a mask, of course. I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Karen - Are the Publix in Marion County giving out the vaccines? I thought I heard on TV that they are. Here in this area they are not yet

Dave - Sorry Ohio didn't order enough vaccine, but from what I'm seeing, the supply is getting much better and should get to you pretty soon.

The gang is coming over tonight to check up on me and for us to feed them. Don't get all bent out of shape, Kathie. It's only going to be a charcuterie try, veggie tray and some oven baked popcorn chicken with honey mustard dip. Not a lot of work for me at all.

Time to check the Publix sale flyer to see what they might have on sale this week that I can't live without. LOL

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I'll be back later to find out how nurse Kathie is taking care of her patient. Be good, gang! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Got out of Surgery and out the door and into the car in 2 hrs. Nurse said normally they would keep people longer, but because of COVID they want to protect everyone and get patient out! I never got a chance to start knitting.
Art did well and is resting right now. I had to take his phone away from him.
Drops start at 11:30 am.

Dave: Hope they open vaccinations up really soon for you Buckeyes.

Lee: I will forever remember that I used the thermos’s you gave us over a decade ago. I had coffee in both of them and Art loaded the red bag on the back seat and it tipped over. When I went to get my coffee I saw was tipped! Leather has a NICE COFFEE STAIN ON THE cream colored leather. Can’t get it off YET. Will do a YouTube for help. Looks like somebody Pee’d back there! Ha ha

Later gang. Almost time for drops.

I have a story for you folks later on what went on with ME at the eye Dr’s this morning!!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
SAN: Nice you're having fun with Levi and don't have to do the walks or clean-up, etc, etc. Best way to enjoy a puppy if you as me! Love them and let the owners take care of the rest!
Are you and Nancy trying to get on any appointment list to get the Covid shots?? Just wondering since you haven't said anything. Not sure if you're for it or against it?
Is it as hard to get the vaccine as it for most folks?

Last question: What about the rest of your family getting the vaccine?

Art is doing well. I set the kitchen stove alarm/timer and know just when to put the drops in.
The nice nurse called to check up on him and ask if he had any questions.
We go back to have the Dr look at his eye tomorrow (Friday) at 8:15 a.m.
So far so good. Should be interesting to see what he can see as far as distance. Not sure how he's going to cope with reading his beloved newspaper. He still has to get the other eye done before he can even think about getting reading glasses. Art has worn glasses almost his life and did not go for the "Mono" vision where one eye does the distance and the other does the near vision reading. He will have some type of progressive lens and still be wearing glasses. Time will tell how this all comes around full circle and is over with.

Hope everyone on here is OKAY since it's been SO QUIET all day. What's up with that? :conf05:

Later..........

Temp at 47F. Really hard to believe for JANUARY in Pure Michigan. But I'm not complaining.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Glad to hear that Art did so well with his eye surgery. Now just keep him going with the drops. Does he have an eye shield for when he goes to bed or lies down? You don't want him rubbing that eye and irritating it or worse.

Got everything done for dinner tonight. Just have to stick the potstickers in a pot of water and put the popcorn chicken on a trap to pop into the oven. We are good to go!

I do have to say that I have felt better today than any day in the past week or so. I definitely am on the mend, but don't worry. I'm not going to overdo it.

May as well say good night now, because by the time the other crew leave, I will be ready to call it a night. Have a good evening and I'll see you all in the morning. :)

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Checkin’ in to see how Art made out today. Happy to read that all went well. Except that spill in your vehicle Kathie. I’m glad we were bundled up. Down by the river the wind made it feel colder than a hookers heart!
Good news on the “who’s on first” file and appointment comedy routine Pat. Bottom line is you’re both gonna be taken care of. Importantly, you’re on the mend as you said.
I can only hope that you didn’t mix up the groceries and the poop patrol bags Dave.
The whole vaccine thing here is bordering on a farce. Essential and front line workers including police, fire and EMS are waiting. Someone we know who “wants” to visit her 90+ year old Mom who doesn’t even recognize her or know she’s there got her shot. She does not feed, bathe or provide any “care“ to her Mom. Her husband who NEVER visits also got the shot. Not to mention she is provided with a shield, N95 mask and gown. Things our real front liners need. :mad: I get it but at the same time I don’t.
Well, that’s about it for now.
Keep washin’ those hands!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Nice to check in & see Art's surgery went well....and then to hear Pat is on the mend made it even better!! Today we had sunshine for I think the first time this week...these damp gray days were getting down right depressing!!

Lee, a question I can't pass up....how would you be knowing the coldness of a hooker's heart??

Dave, sorry that you are having such a hard time getting answer's regarding the vaccine....it showed one of the Fl. sites on the news the other night that had cars lined up for what looked like miles....and the newsperson was commenting that many of the people in line were from out of the area...

Tony, animals are so natural & relaxed with their families that it's hard NOT to be entertained & amused watching them...even my hooligans bring a smile to my face at times just watching them explore....or "hunt"....at times you almost feel like you know just what is going thru their minds...

Pat, I think I did see something about Publix doing the vaccine...I think the 40 east store here is going to be the one doing it...but not 100% sure....

My Uncle from Ohio is here now for his winter stay...they got in Tues. afternoon late...so yesterday I went out for a little while to visit...they had bought a couple bottles of wine for me from a winery in Indiana I like....while I was there I went next door to say Hi to Wendy....I'm glad she will have my uncle for the next couple months to help keep her company...
Tues. we had our late Christmas with Jane's grandaughter Samantha....hard to believe she is going to be 16 this summer...she's just growing up way to fast...
Not much else going on around here so I'll say goodnite & catch you all later...

Rita, hope you & Bill are settling in nicely in your winter residence....how is Bill feeling these days?

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
LOST MY POST. Bummer.

Not staring all over again.

KC: Glad your Uncle is in town. Does he own a place out where your Dad and Wendy have a place? Or does he just rent a place. I can’t remember what you have told us in the past. How long does he stay?

BB: Good to know you’re feeling better. I think the kids should be cooking for you and Bert for a few nights!

Lee: I give you tons of credit for going to the water area with the cold wind blowing. YOU BE THE MAN!

Out of here for now. Gotta get up early and take Art for his post op check.
BB, YES Art has a shield. Had to wear it all day and night. On Friday he only has to have it on at night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Got your Mega Millions lottery ticket yet for tonight's drawing? Just a mere 750 millions dollars.

Happy to read that Art's cataract surgery went without a hitch, K2. Hope the recovery goes as well.

Good to know that you are feeling better, BB. And good for you snatching up a time and date for your second Covid shot. According to the Massillon newspaper, February 8th will begin our chance of getting the 1st one. I wonder what a mess it'll be to get an appointment.

Sounds like you are having the same problem up in Maple Leaf Land, Lee.

Oh yea BB...Your FAVORITE football coach, Urban Myer, looks like he's returning to Florida as coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
1f61b.png

So pleased to hear that your uncle is in town for more than just a quick visit, KC. Also good news for Wendy.

More good news; Moving trucks were seen outside of the White House.

With all these fences and walls going up around D.C. buildings, I wonder if Mexico is going to pay for these too?

It's Pizza Day in this humble home. One of the Christmas presents my Arizona daughter got us is having a pizza delivered here for the next 3 Fridays. (The best pizza to be found, in our never to be humble opinions.) But this pizza place does not deliver. So she is not only paying for the pizzas, but also paying for Grubhub to deliver it, and also covering the tip. COOL!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits! Just a quick HELLO and we're on the ROAD AGAIN!
Behave and as they say........"I'll be back"! Ha Ha

DAVE: You have the most creative daughters ever. Pizza gift....how fun is that!! Fantastic.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good Friday morning, everyone! Useless fact for the day: Since the shortest day of the year back in December, it now stays light 14 minutes longer and gets longer each day. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Lee - "Cold as a hooker's heart" Question: Is that colder than a witch's t---? Just curious!

K2 - I'm sure the doctor will be thrilled with Art's follow up visit this morning. Just keep those drops coming. How many different ones does he have? 3 or 4?

Karen - Nice that your uncle will be around to keep an eye out for Wendy this winter. With all the cold weather we've been having, I'm sure it gets boring being stuck in the house all the time.

Tony - Aside from cleaning up your toys, what else have you been up to these days? Any sign on you and Nancy being able to get in for the vaccine yet? Are they even giving shots to anyone in your area?

Dave - What a neat Christmas gift from your daughter. They certainly are very creative and come up with great gifts.
Believe me, there are those of us who are not happy to see Urban Liar back in Florida. One less team to root for. Tampa Bay is off the list also, so looks like I'm either stuck with the Fins or no team. I really prefer no team!!!

Our dinner last night was great. I had everything ready to go and after a fill of cheese and veggies, Elaine and one of her sons put the popcorn chicken in the oven and boiled the potstickers, so I wasn't allowed in the kitchen. They ate it all and we could have actually had more, but then they attacked the monkey bread. All in all, a very easy night for me.
They did come with a surprise though ... They had a gift for me of a game that I've been wanting to get. Can't wait to play, as I love trivia games, but I'm sure you knew that already. 1610724069069.png

Been a busy little bee around here this morning. Finally managed to get through to my pulmonologist's office to make a follow up appointment after the hospital. Can't get in until Feb. 5th though, but at least I got through after trying all week.
Then I placed an order for something I've been wanting to get for the kitchen table for when the gang is all here and you can't reach things on the other side of the table. I ordered a customized lazy Susan that is make from the top of a bourbon barrel! How cool is that? Even Bert saw last night that we really need to get one. I'll try to post a picture of this too.
1610724188022.png

Now it's time for me to get out of here and get ready to head for Bert's hearing aid place to have his filters changed and get the units cleaned. After that, who knows where that may lead us ...

Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay safe and keep washing those hands. :)