Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone. No, I hadn't fallen into a blackhole or anything. With everything going on around here these days, I just haven't been much of a talking mood. Myleg continues to hurt big time, but hopefully relief will arrive on Friday when I will be getting stents in most of the veins in my right leg. I'm also going to a wound surgeon to take care of the sores on my leg, but there's nothing he can do until the stents are in place.

Dave - Tell Kathi that I broke her record. I fell out of bed the other night and then fell again in the family room during the afternoon. I am the champion!!!!

Sounds like you've all been behaving yourselves, except for storming supermarkets for certain cereals and candy.

That's about it from me for right now. I may not post everyday, but I do stop buy just to read. Still not sleeping well and I can hardly keep my eyes open. Time to hit my wonderful chair for some zzzz's.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Guess I am in the minority. Love popcorn but not a fan of Snickers so someone else is free to help themselves to my share.
Made it through the
hotshot, hot weekend and now temperatures are more moderate and comfortable.
Sorry to hear of your falls, Pat. Please take care to avoid any more.
Speaking of falls, Lisa had a bad one at home the other day and has tremendous black and blue marks to show for it. She was also a bit stiff and sore for the next few days but is doing better now. When she fell, her husband was in NH and her son in Maine, so only the two girls were home to take care of her. Fortunately nothing was broken.
Rita heard from the Toyota salesman that they have found a hybrid RAV 4 for her. It is currently in NJ and, for reasons unclear to her or me, it won't apparently won't be here for her until the middle of next month.
Good thing that the Red Sox are on a tear with five straight wins because the Celtics are down in their series with the Heat, so we still have a team to root for if the Celts don't turn things around.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Quick LATE morning check in. Chilly again here in PURE MICHIGAN!

BB: I feel for you girlfriend. Be real careful moving around your house and bedroom. Falling is NOT what you need to add to your list of ails right now….or ever for that matter. Try and get some rest. We miss your pists, so even a
quick HELLO is goid for us, :emoticon 0115 inlove::emoticon 0115 inlove:

Negc: I see you popped on. Goid for Rita getting a car she wanted soon.
I read something about how much a REPLACEMENT BATTERY IS in the Hybrid cars. Do you think you should be thinking about trading your car in to avoid paying $9,000 for a new battery? I know your car has a few years and miles on it? Let me know if you have any info on the batteries. I’m thinking of getting a Hybid and maybe even buying instead of leasing. Just depends if there are any deals out there. Which I doubt. Might have to wait until next time around when the economy might be back to normal. Who knows.

Dave: Never hear of that song. And it was actually horrible! How it could be #1 is beyond me. I don’t know how you dream up these things, but keep up the good work.

Later guys…..have a good day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Prius is a 2005 and has 133,000 miles on it, so it Is probably about time to replace it, but I guess we will wait until Rita's car finally arrives and see if it makes sense to add still another car payment. Still operating with the original batteries and getting 52 mpg, so I guess that even if the Prius needed a new one, the cost might still be less of a financial burden than buying or leasing a new car. The biggest problem right now is the lack of availability. Rita's previous RAV4 was a lease and that is how she is planning to finance this one. I think that is probably the best option for both of us at this point, but you should probably look at the costs associated with both options before making your decision.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill: Thanks for the reply. You are so right about AVAILABILITY. Crazy.
My leased car has the fewest miles ever on it for a 2 year lease. I think I'm about to hit 15,000.
Any dealership would love this to be returned.
I should finance and buy it out for myself to sell. The only issue is then finding a replacement.
I'm NOT running all over the city like I once use to. Covid put a nice stop to that and now HIGH GAS prices has me planning out my errands big time.

Today Art and I planned our trips before leaving the house. Something we never use to have to do. If I had a GPS log of how our trip looked I'm sure you would agree we DID VERY WELL!

So Bill, do you think you and Rita could get by with only one car at this point in your lives?? Just think how much you could save on payments and insurance and gas!

If Art didn't bike 3 times a week I think we could actually figure out a plan. But ART is very reluctant to give up his SOLO OWNERSHIP right now.

Kind of a chilly overcast day here up until the NOW as the sun is going down. Still 57F!

PAT: HOPE YOU GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.

I'm almost thinking you might want to look into getting one of those dual separate control beds so you can adjust your sleeping in bed and have your legs supported by lifting the end of the bed up. Time to think about YOURSELF and what will help make life more comfortable for YOU. Take care girl.:emoticon 0100 smile:

Just got done paying my bills on this big computer screen. Balanced the checkbook. Love when it goes smoothly and fast.
Now it's time to see what's on the TV. Most likely nothing.

Night all.

Sleepy Good Night GIF by Fuzzballs

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy to see that you aren't in a hospital BB. That seems to be the case quite often when you go quiet. At least in your falls you didn't try and rearrange some furniture using your face. (Most of Kathi's black eye has healed up now.)

Sorry you didn't like yesterday's tune, K2. That group put out the same kind of music as the Archies and the Monkees. There was a name for it, but I can't recall it right now. Bubble gum?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksJ6QP8BYn0

The way the car market is at the moment I'm just glad I'm not looking for one or trying to sell one. It's a hassle, either way.

Got a call from the city yesterday about replacing our little picket fence along the portion of the driveway, by the house, that has a large drop off from the drive to the lawn. It's only an 18 foot section. BUT we need a building permit just for that. And they were going to turn us down because it's in the front yard. But the nice lady was willing to work with us on that since the one there now has been there for 25 years. She said that if it's at least 25 feet from the street she's send it through again. It's more than that so she approved the permit.

Hi to the rest of you Bunnies.

Eat at least a little bit of junk food today. Life is short.
1f603.png

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
A quick good morning. No, I don’t know where yesterday got to.
Hard to believe that Micky is the only Monkee left Dave. He was one of the entertainers on our first cruise on Splendour all those years ago. And he put on a fantastic show!
It was good to see Pat present and accounted for.
Gotta run. I WILL pop back later on.
Everyone, please be safe and careful out there.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
We have been a one car family for over a year now, K2 and while we have saved on insurance, that hasn't been worth it. When Rita was laid up with her medical issues it wasn't a problem, but since then it has been very difficult to manage with only one car, so the additional payments will be the reality we have to put up with. Now, if one of us is off somewhere in the car, the other is basically stranded at home or dependent on friends or family for transportation. As pleasant and comfortable as our home is, cabin fever can quickly set in.
Watching the Celtics/Heat matchup is truly a rollercoaster ride and after the Celtics lost on Sunday, they roared back to trounce the Heat last night and tie the series at two apiece. The team that wins two more games will move on to play the Western Conference champs (most likely Golden State). Stay tuned.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Afternoon. Where did the MORNING go to?? :eek: 60F and Sunny. That's still Chilly!

Dave:
You have to get Kathi to take a few pictures of this FENCE on the side of the driveway and drop-off. I'm having a hard time imagining what it looks like. And how did the City know you were replacing it to give you a call about the permit?? More FACTS buddy. Some of us actually read what you post and need the whole story. Ha Ha.
I always liked the Monkey's tunes.

HELLO LEE.........busy, busy guy. Always on the run. Enjoy your day.

Negc: I'm with you about having 2 cars. When Art is off biking I jump into MY CAR and do errands or just drive to the big park by us and sit by the water on a nice day. Lifes to short to just sit in the house and wait around for a available car. Besides, we can't be leaving ALL our MILLIONS to the kids! Ha Ha. Spend it is what my daughter keeps telling us. We're doing a good job of that just on PAINT lately. Ha Ha.

Out of here for now. You all be good and get outside and soak in some sunshine even if it's chilly up here. I'm sure you Florida Belles are nice and warm lately.

Later..............
enjoy GIF

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. Had a busy morning. Folded laundry , washed a load of laundry and it is now ready to fold.

Dinner last night at Benihana's was good and we were able to use two of the free gift cards. We both brought home some food so they were our lunch.

Bruce had an INR recheck and today his number was too high. It would be nice if he could go back to using the way the last Dr had him using, he never had it go way up or way down. I guess next month or next time he has an INR I will go with him and will mention it.

Tomorrow I get a haircut, it needs it.

We have 3 cars. I drive the Telluride and Bruce has two that he uses, the van for most things and the Impala for easy trips. I would go nuts if we only had one to use.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

Heck, I’d live in that chicken hotel Kathie,
Just before Lu-Ann retired we went to one vehicle. We weighed the insurance and maintenance costs against any perceived inconvenience. That’s not to say that there haven’t been times, far and few between, that we wished for a second set of wheels.
More of the flowers and blossoms are popping out at The Navy Yard. There were a few rhododendrons starting to flower today.
As always, you all take care and we’ll see you tomorrow.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Only in the U.S.A.; Another shameful mass shooting. With 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders the majority of victims.

And we know damn well, it won't be the last. What is wrong with people's mentality now? It's almost become normalized.

Only in the U.S.A.

----------------------------------------------

Now that is one fan-dandy chicken coop, K2. For the sake of the person who built it, I hope those chickens lay golden eggs.

Lee; We too have a couple of rhododendron bushes. And they too are beginning to flower. Proving that summer is almost here. They are so, so pretty. Ours are pink. What color are yours? I hate that they flower for such a very short time.

As for having just one car or more; I'd go nuts if we only had one. And yes, mine just sits in the drive. Sometimes weeks at a time.

--------------------------------------------------

We Bunnies, no matter what we do today, are doing quiet well. In comparison to all the people and families trying to deal personally with the deaths of the gun violence yesterday.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
I’ll try to take a picture or two of the rhododendrons Dave. As I recall there are a number of different colours.
Sometimes between the situation in The Ukraine, continuing variants of diseases and senseless gun violence you just want to stay in bed with your covers pulled up over your head. At times like that I try to remember what Mr. Roger’s Mom told him. That there ARE good people out there. Just look for the helpers.
The gang is meeting for lunch in Windsor today at a spot called “A Dog’s Breakfast”. Then we’re off for a tour of Windsor’s oldest house. They have free cupcakes today.
You all be good. Stay safe. We’ll see you later in.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Yet another mass shooting. And to think this murderer was being chased by police after killing his grandmother and then slamming into a ditch and he still got into the school. The NRA is meeting for their big conference in TEXAS on Friday. Wondering if they will have a moment if ‘silence’ for the victims. :(

—————————————-

Lee: Sounds like a fun trip to Windsor. Try not to eat too many Cupcakes!

Dave: Get Kathi to post some pics of that FENCE. You didn’t tell us how the township got into the picture with PERMITS needed?

Have the best day you can folks and take the time to pray for those families in Texas.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Got my hair cut and it feels so much better. No real plans for today.

K2, doubt the NRA will have a moment of silence. They will just be proud of how well the guns worked. We need to stop them from giving money to the politicians, maybe then can we get some real gun laws. It is said that this is the 27 school shooting this year, it is just so sad.

All have a great day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Words are not strong enough to describe my outrage at the most recent school shootings in Texas and yet some people are more outraged about the possibility of some reasonable restriction on guns than they are about the deaths of so many innocent victims. I almost expect that some of them will claim that if only those elementary school kids had guns, they could have protected themselves from the maniac who shot his grandmother and then those kids and teachers.
Cribbage last night was not as successful as the previous two nights and we only won two of the five games. Good matches though and no skunks. Got home in time to see the Red Sox completely demolish Chicago. They have been playing so much better of late that one can be grateful that the season is so long that a bad start doesn't necessarily eliminate them from contention.
Landscaping crew started in some other part of the development for a change this morning and we weren't treated to the sounds of the riding mowers and leaf blowers until 10:30 a.m.

A’Burg Guy

A bit of a rain out at Duff Baby House Kathie. We left just before the skies opened up but still got the historical part of the presentation. Just not the cupcakes. :(
We had an interesting discussion with our friends from The USofA about the incident in Texas. They too were horrified by the events. It seemed to bring it closer to home as their Grand Daughter, Keaton, is the same age as many of the victims.
I always feel much “better” after a haircut Nancy. Mind you, I don’t get as much “off the top” as I used to get. But I still pay for a whole haircut.
Not much else from our little corner of the world.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Thursday morning.......Oh what the Hell, good enough day as any to spend a bunch of money. So we're starting off going grocery shopping, then maybe a fill-up at the gas station, and closer to noon it's off to the Vet with Jack for some more puppy vaccinations.

Do we know how to party, or what?

This may be a good day to take your advice Lee, and stay in bed with the covers pulled over our heads.

Hope you didn't miss one of your favorite holidays yesterday, BB. National Wine Day.

Hope you got some more pool time in, KC. It's funny that when you mention that you do, I often think of us past in-ground pool owners. We sure don't miss all that cost and maintenance that went with it.

As for the City being aware of us replacing the picket fence along one side of the drive, thereby knowing we needed a permit, K2; We purchased this short section of fence at Lowe's and decided to let their guys remove the old one and install the new one. Well, they go by the book and filed for a building permit.

A couple of years ago our next door neighbor put on a new roof, and his contractor didn't apply for a permit. One of the City's inspectors spotted it, and there was a pretty good fine that the contractor had to pay for.

Hi to the rest of you Wabbits!