Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Saturday morning you hoodlums! Not much to yammer about.

So true about the gazillion flavors of ice cream. It is so similar to the breakfast cereal isle at the grocery store. (Good thing I never eat breakfast cereals, so can zoom past them all.) But Kathi eats cereal. And one of her favorites is fruity flavored Cheerios. But she only has a 50% chance of finding it when she's getting low.

Next time you are at the grocery store count how many flavors of Cheerios there are.

Come to think of it; Count how many different kinds of popcorn there is.

Very toasty here too. And no rain today until 5-6 PM. So the Catholic church festival should do very well until that point.

Hopefully that sliding glass door problem was nothing more than dirt on the track.

Ya'll be good.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE: I'm so happy you finally found your Key Lime Ice Cream. And I'm really glad it tastes good since you PIG'd OUT and bought 2 containers. (Hoarder)

Karen you HAVE been a BUSY BUNNY. All good things. Glad you got to get some pool time in.
And about "more Dr appointments next week".... once you get on board the MEDICAL TRAIN it's hard to jump off! Hope all the appts have good outcomes.

I worked up a sweat helping put the fencing around our little veggie garden today with ART. Lordy the man is so particular. But we managed to work good together. I need to go and buy some more GREEN STAKES so we can finish up the project. Not sure it will be this weekend with all the rain that is predicted.

Sometime either while we were busy cleaning up from our garden job or eating dinner, there must have been a REALLY BIG STRONG WIND that came through this area. Ed the lawn man had just gotten done with cutting our grass and when we went outside there were branches and leaf clusters and pine cones all over the front yard. And the backyard had it's fair share too. Crazy. Those TRIPLE PANE windows sure do keep the noise outside. Ha ha.

We had the best Chefs salad for dinner tonight. These are the kind of meals we will be eating more of as it gets warmer around here. Light and healthy. Well....somewhat healthy.

Nancy & Bill: Thanks for the heads up on the Hearing Aid explanations.

Pat: Hope you're doing okay.

Out of here. Have a good Saturday everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Season 4 Weekend GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
I just realized that I never hit "Post Reply" last night! Too funny.

It's 10:07 am here and the SKY is looking really dark all of a sudden. We're going to get a big storm. Artie and his biker friends are going to be soaking wet since they took the chance to go against the WEATHER PEOPLES rain report. :emoticon 0101 sadsmile:

Okay.... there was the first thunder! Later gang.
Raining Paralympic Games GIF by International Paralympic Committee
This will be Art soon! :eek:

Negc

Chief Security Officer
I can sort of understand Art's refusing to trust the weather forecasters predictions, given their record over the years, but ignoring the chances of a thunderstorm seems too big a risk to take unless he knows where he can quickly shelter. Hope your picture doesn't become reality.
its 11 am and the temperature outside is only 72, so I don't think that we will quite reach the 90 + temperatures they are predicting, but it will still be warmer than what we have experienced the past few weeks. Of course it is still overcast so if the sun breaks through we could still see record temps.
You are so right about the number and variety of different breakfast cereals in the markets, Dave. Honey Nut Cheerios is our favorite although neither of us eat much cereal so a single box can last us a while.
Kevin and Jamie left today to spend a week in the Carolinas, visiting her sister, then spending some time in Myrtle Beach and finally visiting friends who relocated to North Carolina a year or so ago.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Got home from Jupiter about 11 am. It was a good time. We got there late morning and went in the pool, which was warmer than normal. They had some burgers so Bruce and Mike fixed then and the one hotdog for lunch and since it was nice out we ate outside. The rain was coming so we got everything cleared up and inside then about 5 minutes later it started to rain, and it did not stop. We had wanted to have dinner at one of the outside restaurants but since it was raining went to place that had a nice covered outside and that was were we ate. It was pretty good. We came home with some of three dinners and some nachos.

Check out was 10 this morning and Bruce and I were ready and left about 9:30. We had to go to Palm City to pick up 4 more chairs for the patio set we got part of last Wednesday. And were home by 11. Now the plan is to watch NASCAR this afternoon and evening.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I managed to wash the kitchen floor in spite of my sign that said DO NOTHING today. Ha Ha.

Negc: I saw a message Art posted while waiting out the storm at a Senior Living place on their ride. At least they were under cover.

Right now it's muggy and SUNNY and temps are rising fast. All is good. He will be WET! :emoticon 0101 sadsmile: I left a note on the garage door handle to go DIRECTLY into the basement because I washed the kitchen floor. Ha Ha.

My friend Elaine called this morning and needs some clothes washed. She doesn't want the Rehab place doing her laundry. Good thing this place is only a few miles from our house.

ALWAYS SOMETHING! DUH!

By the way: Jif Creamy Peanut Butter has a RECALL going on. Google and look for the product number and check yours if you use Jif creamy. The list is a long one. It's a Nationwide recall.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good thing we got the pups down to The Navy Yard early. Like 7:30 early. It was warm but there was a nice breeze. Right now it’s feeling like 84F!
I didn’t get the video doorbell installed until after lunch. Why? A very NASTY thunderstorm went through.
One of the things we enjoy about US grocery stores is the variety. Way more choice than here.
Not much else for today. You all stay safe and well.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon...

Kathie, good thing Art & the other bikers were able to get under cover & out of the storm...
No pnut butter recall worries for me, I only eat crunchy pnut butter...
Nice of you to take care of Elaines laundry for her...chances are if the home did it she'd be lucky to get half of it back..

Dave, I don't think I ever noticed the fruit flavored cheerios..are those like fruit loops? I like the honey nut...and sometimes I'll buy the plain if fruit is in season...like to add strawberries or peaches to the plain..

Pat, time for a check in...

Lee, smart move waiting till the thunderstorm passed before messing with the doorbell...they say it will only tingle & not kill you..."but"...I'd rather not experience a volt of 110 electricity all the same...

Nancy, sounds like a nice short little get away...

The trip to Gainesville to pick up Barb's shelves got put on hold...Ikea said they would be there today...FedEx said Monday...I'm thinking they will arrive today, but not be processed & ready to pick up till Mon.
The medical merry go round continues...but this time it's Scooter's turn...the vet called this morning to set up her blood pressure drop off appt...so June 2nd she goes back for that...
I have another test scheduled for June 8th as a follow up to my smashing this week....so it looks like June is going to be as busy as April & May have been...
Talked to Wendy this afternoon & she leaves on Thurs for Ky. & Ohio to decorate the graves & go to the family reunion...I don't have to take care of Sparkplug this trip as her grandson is going to go by & check on him....he lives out in the forest close to Wendy, so that works out good...
Now I think I'm going to read on the porch for a little bit if it's not to muggy out there....

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Glad that Art and his biker friends were able to take shelter from the storm. Did I hear something about a tornado setting down somewhere in Michigan? Seems like we are experiencing more and more of them in recent years and the havoc and destruction they cause is horrendous.
Went to Olive Garden for a late lunch and had an adventure just finding it. We haven't been there in years and it moved from the spot where it was previously, not far but in an industrial area well off the main highway and no easily visible
signage. Food was good and so plentiful that we brought enough home to make another meal for the two of us.
Got home in time to see the Red Sox come from a 5-0 deficit to win 6-5 for their 4th win in a row. Quite a turnaround from their miserable start. Now we will see if the Celtics can win Game 3 at home tonight.
I'm with you, KC. Chunky peanut butter, not creamy, is my favorite too.
Kevin and Jamie finally made it to NC late this afternoon. They arrived at the airport in Boston only to learn that Jet Blue had cancelled their flight and wouldn't be able to get them into North Carolina until late tomorrow. So they were able to book a flight on Southwest that took them to NC by way of Baltimore. Not sure of all the reasons that Jet Blue seems to be having lately. It has been my favorite airline for some time, but recent experiences and events may cause us to re-evaluate our preferences.

Last edited:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
There was another news story about "Monkey Pox" this morning. I know it's a serious virus, but the name is just funny. I half expect the CDC to tell us to wear a mask and stay away from Curious George.

Put me on the list too for preferring crunchy peanut butter.

Fruit flavored Cheerios. I think that it would be the same or similar to Fruit Loops, but whenever I mention it to Kathi, she turns down the Fruit Loops.

Now that you have a video-doorbell, remind me Lee to wear a mask and a hoodie when I play porch-pirate at your house.

For most of the day, yesterday was warm, sunny, and beautiful here. I passed a flower market they set up in a big parking lot every year at this time. The place was packed with people. And posies. Now all these people have to do is plant their flowers before they die in the people's garages.

Finally Kathi ordered a Vermont Teddy Bear for the newborn in that family of 9. We've done this for every newborn grandchild. (Those damn things are expensive.)

Once we pick out the size, then we personalize it. Color of fur, to color of eyes. And they always come wearing a blue or pink diaper, and wearing a bib embroidered with their name and birth-date. And yes, they arrive in a box with an air-hole in it so the Teddy Bear can breath.

The reason it's taken this long to order this newborn's bear is because it took this long for the baby's eyes to settled down on a color they were going to stick to.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. We will be going to BJ's soon. They have a thing that if you buy 4 of certain items you get $.75 off a gallon of gas and my SUV needs gas.

This afternoon will watch the ending of qualifying for the Indy 500. A former NASCAR driver is driving Indy series and this is the first he is trying the 500 and yesterday he qualified 6th so this afternoon he tries for the pole. Then this evening will watch the NASCAR All Star race.

Dinner tonight will be steak that I got at Winn Dixie the other day.

All have a great day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Not much happening here today...slept in till 9 for the 2nd day in a row, that rarely happens...course I was awake at 5 am with the cat yowling...
Going to a memorial service this afternoon for one of the ladies who lived in here...the family is holding it at the clubhouse...

Might be time to send the Mounties after Pat....I haven't seen anything on FB but she may be keeping her info on the DL....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Now all these people have to do is plant their flowers before they die in the people's garages.
Dave, my mind wonders why these people would die in people‘s garages. Why wouldn’t they just push the button to open the door and get out? It’s not easy being in my head sometimes. I would reckon that Fruit Loops and Fruity Cheerios would be pretty much the same.
Yes Bill, they had a heck of a bad storm just across the border and a wee bit to the north. That same front swept north of us but caused a great deal of damage where we used to live in the Kitchener-Waterloo area!
I was glad to see that Art and the guys were able to take shelter too Kathie. If the storm was anything like we had here it was no place to be while riding a bike! Add us to the “crunchy” peanut butter family.
We tried the Snickers Popcorn Karen. A definite two thumbs up! I don’t think it counts a sleeping in when you were up at 5:00 am with “da puddy tat”.
Hopefully Jimmie Johnson will fare well in qualifying and next weekend’s race Nancy.
It’s always bothersome when Pat has a doc’s appointment and then disappears. It seems to take ages before, if that’s where she is, we find out she’s back at Celebration Hospital.
Wow! Temps here have rocketed up to 61F. It was warmer than that at 6:00 am yesterday! Mom Nature is really is being persnickety these days.
I think we’re heading down town in a bit. It’s the first “Open Air Weekend”. A few streets are closed and there is lots of entertainment, things to do and restaurants set up outdoor tables in the road in front of their “brick and mortar” shops. Provided of course, that it doesn’t rain.
Be good everyone.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Lee, good to know the Snickers pop corn was a winner...I saw some yesterday in one of our local stores, but since I didn't find anything else I wanted I didn't buy any...it's definitely on my list now...

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hello Wrabbits! 59F Party Sunny and looks like we might get rain sometime today. Maybe!

Went to church and dropped off the Kolivo (wheat mixture) for the Memorial Service after the regular service.
Our former priest was helping with the service today. NICE to see him.

The Sunday School kids got their diploma's from their Sunday school teachers right after the main church service. Made for a LONGER STAY in my pew seat with my MASK ON. Only a few masks on people. SAD. Jill was in church for the Memorial service for her life-long friend Mary. Jill brought us 4 bags of Downy's Potato Chips! Yippee. We just ran out. And since they are $3.89 a bag in our Kroger's I don't buy them. Too expensive for me. Ha Ha.

PAT: You know how us BUNNIES worry about each other. Stop in and say hello girl! Want to know if all is good after all those Dr's appts. Take care. We miss you.

Where do I look for these Snicker Pop Corn bags? In the CHIP Dept or Candy area??

Lee: Next time you have something in your downtown area give us a heads up and we'll see if we can cross the border. Not sure what we have to do these days to go from Detroit to Windsor?? Seems they change it monthly.

Out of here for now. I want to plant those Marigolds around the garden area before it rains.
Let's hope we don't get a FROST! :eek:

Dave: Did you ever look really hard at how many CANNED SOUP varieties there are on the shelves. As many or more than the ICE Cream coolers. And to think there are people STARVING in this world we live in. SAD.
I actually feel guilty taking LONG HOT SHOWERS these days and go out of my way to making them shorter. (still like the water hot)

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Dave, my mind wonders why these people would die in people‘s garages. Why wouldn’t they just push the button to open the door and get out? It’s not easy being in my head sometimes. I would reckon that Fruit Loops and Fruity Cheerios would be pretty much the same.
Yes Bill, they had a heck of a bad storm just across the border and a wee bit to the north. That same front swept north of us but caused a great deal of damage where we used to live in the Kitchener-Waterloo area!
I was glad to see that Art and the guys were able to take shelter too Kathie. If the storm was anything like we had here it was no place to be while riding a bike! Add us to the “crunchy” peanut butter family.
We tried the Snickers Popcorn Karen. A definite two thumbs up! I don’t think it counts a sleeping in when you were up at 5:00 am with “da puddy tat”.
Hopefully Jimmie Johnson will fare well in qualifying and next weekend’s race Nancy.
It’s always bothersome when Pat has a doc’s appointment and then disappears. It seems to take ages before, if that’s where she is, we find out she’s back at Celebration Hospital.
Wow! Temps here have rocketed up to 61F. It was warmer than that at 6:00 am yesterday! Mom Nature is really is being persnickety these days.
I think we’re heading down town in a bit. It’s the first “Open Air Weekend”. A few streets are closed and there is lots of entertainment, things to do and restaurants set up outdoor tables in the road in front of their “brick and mortar” shops. Provided of course, that it doesn’t rain.
Be good everyone.
the worse starting spot for Jimmie would be 12th as he was in 6th place at the end of the day yesterday.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Monday morning, Bunnies!

For some strange reason.... I see another empty shelf appearing at the grocery stores once the hoarding begins of Snickers Popcorn.

You are so right about the gazillion types of soup there is, K2.

Ah yes, once again BB visits a doctor and then falls into a black-hole. Where no post, text or phone call can get out.

Does this song sound familiar? Dang, you're an old fart. It was #1 in 1967.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aXVxPyPK9A

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. My plan for today is going to Benihana's for dinner. We had bought gift cards for Mother's Day and got free gift cards so will use at least one tonight.

The All Star Race was good until the last lap when NASCAR screwed up.

For the pole qualifying for the Indy 500 Jimmie Johnson tried to hard and he ended up 12th.

All have a great day.