Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I feel like Pat and her friend Joanne! The call was from my friend Kevin. We gabbed for about an hour and a bit. Dave, you may remember Kev from our Hawaiian Cruise.
Aldi’s is sure closer than World Market if they have the same Christmas goodies the family looks forward to! Good on the boys for eating outdoors.
Forgot to mention Kathie, Those are neat sliders Kathie. I’ve had similar done with Hawaiian Rolls. Only in The US because we don’t have those rolls here.
Geez Dave, I remember relatives who had plastic wrapped houses! My gosh, I was afeared to set foot off the runners or to sit on the plastic. Especially in the summer! Then again, with this COVID thing the plastic sure would be easy to wipe down with Lysol wipes! Generally one finds that brown eggs come from the Rhode Island Red breed.
Hi to the rest of the crew! See you all tomorrow.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Night from Belleview...busy day but I can't really say much got accomplished...oh well...one of the joy's of being retired....there is always tomorrow....:p

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Long long wait for Artie at the Eye doctor. They had 2 emergencies. They must have done EYE TRANSPLANTS since Art was there for 2.5 hours. YIKES. And I was in the car waiting. I went and got some necessary Get Well and other cards at the Dollar Store. Took me all of 5 mins in there. Thank goodness it wasn't crowded.
Got a carry out of Humus w/marinated grilled beef on it and those pickled Pink Turnips. Love that stuff. Got back to the Dr's office parking lot and sat there like a fool. I should have gone home. It's like 1.5 miles away as the Crow Fly's. Oh well, when I called into the office to see what was going on they told me about the emergencies. Too late to bother going home and then coming back.

Art was upset that his x-ray or scan didn't show improvement this time around. It was a week later than normal for the shot, but I wouldn't think that would be a big deal. Doctor suggested he MAKE THE CATARACT Surgery appointment and get that over with. Said it would help with his ability to read the newspaper online and books, etc, etc. His distant vision is good. THANK GOODNESS! Anyways, he was a bit down in the dumps. Hopefully, I can call on Friday morning and get the process going for the Cataract surgery. There's all those appointments for measurements, etc, etc. and then finally the cataract surgery day. He has to coordinate all this with those eye injections. Art is not one to be fussed over and this is going to drive him crazy. He put it off all Spring and Summer so he could BIKE. The man is his own worse enemy. Oh well, it will all work out.
ALWAYS SOMETHING!!

I saw Art working on his bike helmet yesterday and asked what was going on? The gear that tightens the helmet band was cracked and he was trying to glue it. I said I'll call TREK company and see if it's still under warranty. Well, it WAS NOT, but the nice young sounding man said he would replace it anyways. Told me to tell ART to pick out a helmet from the Trek Website for $150 or under and he would see if it was in stock and send it off to him. LIKE THAT WAS SHOCKING to actually think it could happen. So Art went online and found the newest Mountain Bike helmet that was $149 and I called the young man back (Art doesn't do well on phones because of his hearing) and the man said DONE DEAL. Today I got a e-mail with the order number and a note that said the helmet was in the MAIL.
YUP, never under-estimate what Kathie can get done when given the opportunity. What would this guy do without me. DON'T EVEN THINK OF ANSWERING THAT! LOL

1605838777791.png

I managed to get a lot done this morning and even after dinner. Tomorrow is another day and I'm done for tonight.

NITE GANG! BE SAFE.......you all know the DRILL........just do it.

Last edited:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
TGIF!

Just a quick post to say good morning to you all.

Grocery shopping went smooth with few customers at the larger grocery store. Don't want to be anywhere near any grocery store next week, unless it's REAL early in the morning.

The only shortage was on paper plates and bowls. Got a sense that has to do with Thanksgiving. Speaking of which more and more people I run into say that they are just staying home that day with just the people they live with.

One oddballer at the grocery store; For the past month or so they've had an employee at the entrance reminding people to wear a mask, and give them one if they don't have one. But I've got a feeling this employee was given a hard time by one of those "I have my rights, I'm not wearing any damn mask" people. Now she is there, alongside a Massillon cop.

Be good and error on the side of safety, Bunnies.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning!

Happy Birthday, Bill & President-Elect Biden!!!

Now returning to the regularly scheduled post! :D

San - Good move on the part of your governor to put a stay at home order into effect. Will you all still be able to get to McCloud? I hope so. I wish the jerk who runs this state would do the same, but I won't hold my breath waiting. He takes the total opposite stance and wants everything open!

Dave - Glad your trip to the big supermarket went well. You've got to shake your head when you see these people who are so full of themselves that they think they are above following orders about wearing masks.
We stopped at BJ's yesterday. It was an absolute zoo. Not a single shopping cart where they are supposed to be, but rather left all over the parking lot. Bert just went in for 1 item, got it, and got out of there. I agree supermarkets are going to be a zoo over the next couple of days for sure. I'd like Bert to go to Publix today to pick up anything else we need for Thanksgiving and a trip to Sedano's the Hispanic supermarket. Rather than ask him to go to Sam's for some wine, It's on sale at Sedano's. Am I nice to him or what?

KC - Everyone is entitled to a down day to recharge the old internal battery. You have to learn to do that more often.

K2 - That was a really long wait for Art at the eye doctor's office, but emergencies come first. Good for you getting Art the new bike helmet. Not so sure about your dinner though - not a big fan of hummus and have never see or heard of pickled pink turnips. Is that a Michigan thing?

Lee - So how did it feel to chat on the phone for that long? Got lots said for sure.
Sorry that you don't have Hawaiian rolls in Canada. I'll trade you -rolls for kinder eggs!!!

Bert was off bright & early (surprise, surprise!) to the auto repair place in Poinciana. He went with a laundry list of things that need to be done that he has been putting off. He had hoped that by getting there so early he could get right in and not have to make an appointment for some future time. I guess it worked for him as he's been gone for over 2 hours.

I almost forgot - Negc - Have you read the new David Baldacci book yet? Bert got it from the library and is about half way thru it. By the time he gets home today, be may well be close to finishing it!

Time to figure out the stuff I need from the store and also to make up my mind as to dinner tonight. We've got turkey, but only enough for sandwiches. Might grab some subs.

Have a terrific day, everyone, and stay safe.:)

A’Burg Guy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL! Are you and Mr. Biden going to party together?
A quiet day around here so far as well. Took the pups to Fort Malden for their walk. Tonight we're taking Katie and Ava to The Navy Yard to meet our other Greyhound friends and enjoy the Christmas lights. Our old Bear just wouldn't enjoy it and would likely want to stay in the van anyway.
Best part about getting to the auto service guys early is that they're not usually behind. That used to tick off the customers at Wendell's who didn't have an appointment and were told they'd have to wait or to make an appointment for another day. Even with an appointment sometimes carry over jobs from the night before would have the techs on their heels first thing off! I think that was very kind of you to find a less busy place to buy sale wine. Always thinking of others. ;)
That's some good customer service from Trek Kathie! But it works in their favour because how many people have you shared that with who may just look at that brand if they are looking for a bike helmet. Sorry Art was in the dumps over his results. But things can fluctuate and maybe it was just a bump in the road. Part of me doesn't blame him for holding off on the cataract surgery until this whole covid thing settles down.
Some nerve with Governor Newsom shutting down CA after HE was caught unmasked with other unmasked guests at a party. That makes it hard for people to respect his decision to keep the state closed down.
I imagine that the gal at the front of the grocery was getting hassled for simply enforcing the rules Dave. But now they have to have a paid duty officer there with her to deal with the morons. As a rule I always prefer to be just about anywhere first thing in the morning. It's usually a lot less crowded. I am starting to think that people need to take a simple aptitude test BEFORE they enter stores. I'm getting tired people who can't follow the big arrows on the floors of some stores and then give a dirty look if I say aloud "I didn't realize arrows could be so confusing". I also will NOT move over so they can pass me if they are going the wrong way.
It's touching on 70F again here right now. This is wonderful!
OK, gonna run. If we get any good pics of the pups and the lights tonight I'll try to remember to share a couple with you all.
Hi to the rest of the gang!

BE SAFE.......you all know the DRILL........just do it.
Be good and error on the side of safety, Bunnies.
Have a terrific day, everyone, and stay safe.
Ditto from me!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Time for me to check out once again. We had some rain so we are going to stay home tonight and have turkey sandwiches. YUM! Have a good evening and I will see you tomorrow! :)

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
Good evening all.

Got to catch up with Mike and Jerry on the phone today. We talked for a long time.

AAB&A left for McCloud on Wednesday and will return to Gilroy a week from Sunday. We will go up this coming Wednesday with Matthew +. We will come back a week from Sunday.

Stayed home today, but got out yesterday.

we had one day of rain, Pat. No fires burning, thank goodness.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Belated Happy Birthday Bill! Hope you had a good day. Maybe you went to your favorite breakfast place. Are your restaurants CLOSED DOWN or OPEN?
We had a long night last night. Art’s eye eas giving him some ugly pain. I called the office and thank goodness they actually have a Dr on call thst called me back within 10 mins. I mentioned Art never had this happen before. The Dr said to make sure to use EYE LUBRICATING drops every hour. It was most likely DRY SOCKET PAIN. Said the eye might have not got WASHED out enough when he was in the office.
Today by 11 A.M. he was pain-free.

I managed to get to our Post Office by 8:00 am and even though they are not open for counter service was able to use the Self Serve machine to get a pkg to our new Great, Great Niece in Indiana area. It was me and the janitor in the place! :emoticon 0100 smile: At least I didn’t have to stand in a long line.

I came home and was able to convince Art that it was our last warm day to put up the outside lights. Yup, I am a slave driver when I get on a roll. Between the two of us we got that job done in record time. Just need to,add a TIMER on the lights that are across the house. We don’t do then PEAKS of the house anymore and that saves all kinds of time.

Lee: You are so right when You said the temps were pushing 70F. We were able to GRILL outside. Nice to have something from the grill for a change.

SAN: Good to hear from you. Is Matthew hauling his Toy Trailer up to McCloud with Patti & Joey? I think they have one of those trailers????
Are you and Nancy driving up on your own? Whatever, just take your time and be safe.

KC: What's going on with you?

Did any of you see Giuliani sweating and dripping his hair dye during a press conference? And then he blew his nose and wiped his entire face with the side he blew his nose in. DOUBLE GROSS.

OKAY, I’m off to bed.I have yet another busy, busy day on Saturday.

Dave: I hope not to go into a grocery store until way after Thanksgiving. we have a lady that just sits in a corner and hands out MASKS, but she told me she’s not allowed to tell people they can’t go into the store if unmasked. It really would never happen because she has a patch over one of her eyes and I’m not sure how good her Unpatched eye is! How do people get these jobs?
Note folks. Stay safe.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
And a weekend arrives. Time seems to be moving so quickly now, except for the date of January 20th.

I'll tell you one thing, it sure makes a difference in your thinking when you know someone who contracts Covid. A while ago a 20-something daughter of our contractor/nephew had it. She and her boyfriend are getting over it. BUT the young man's grandfather also got it, and is now in the hospital on oxygen.

"Fuzzbutt" was scheduled to get a couple of yearly shots next week. But yesterday we got a call from the Vet's office saying that they will be closed for 2 weeks. Seeing as that place lets nobody in the office and only comes out to your car, all masked up, to get your dog, I'm guessing that the person in the office that came down with it, another employee brought it in from their private life.

Happy Belated Birthday Bill! Another ring forms on your bones.
1f601.png

Lee; I'm still trying to figure out why Canada doesn't sell the Hawaiian brand buns. I can only guess that the price got too high from the Buffoon's tariffs.

FINALLY, (fingers crossed), all 3 TVs are working properly after Kathi hooked them up and spent hours talking to a tech at AT&T when they wouldn't work properly. I'll tell you one thing; This upgrade seems more like a downgrade. It's a whole lot less user friendly. What was simple to do before, like deleting a recording, now takes twice as many steps.

Look out northerners. The cold is coming back today.

Find something that makes you smile today. Yesterday I saw a stuffed tiger's tail sticking out from a car's trunk. The Tigers is the name of the high school's football team.

Kathi got a smile when she pointed out that I was wearing my V-neck T-shirt backwards.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good Morning!!

Kathie, yikes...that was scarey with Art's eye causing him problems...glad you were able to get a hold of a Dr. so fast....good job on getting his helmet replaced!!

Dave, I hate upgrades on tech stuff....it's always a pain in the patootie!!

Pat, staying in for turkey sandwiches is never a bad thing in my opinion....I bought a loaf of white bread yesterday in anticipation of my turkey sandwiches next week!!

Lee, No King's Hawaiian rolls in Canada???? That's horrible....good thing you have butter tart's to make up for it...

Tony, glad you got a chance to catch up with your friends....and even better no fires!!

Went to Jane's yesterday to give her backyard 1 last mow for the year....it kept spitting misting rain the whole time...but the sun was shining...only in Florida!!
While I was in the area I checked out her new Aldi's...pretty nice...saw the Panatone you all were talking about....I guess I'm the odd duck...I've bought it a few times...but it always seems dry & crumbly to me...especially toasted...
Going out in a little bit to finish up my Angel Tree shopping....want to get the stuff wrapped & dropped off by the first week in Dec. so I can concentrate on baking & other fun stuff... enjoy the day gang!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-Morning Wrabbits.
KC: Happy Angel Tree shopping and wrapping. Now get going on those COOKIES! LOL

Dave: Bummer on the Grandpa getting the Covid. I actually had to turn off the TV from all the doom and gloom about NOT meeting up with family. I have been cleaning this place and disinfecting door handles, counters and floors almost all week. I'll continue to do the light switches and knobs right up until Thanksgiving. I have my super mask for when I start preparing the food next week. And I even have 2 Big Face Shields. I'll be wearing one of them on Thanksgiving! Let the kids laugh.....I just can't imagine being sick with that nasty Covid and living through it.

Love your remark to Negc about his BONES getting another RING on them. Too funny, but true!

I'm off to do my best in the Laundry room to make room in one of the floor to ceiling cabinets for canned goods, etc. Right now it has a clothes rod that doesn't get much use. Lots can get TOSSED out of that one cabinet. Time will tell how I do! There are also large cabinets over the wash tub, washing machine and dryer are. They can all stand some sorting out.

Art is off biking with his gang on the EAST SIDE of town today, so I can spread things out and not have him in my way! YES, YOU MEN DO GET IN THE WAY AT TIMES! LOL

Enjoy your day folks and be safe if you actually go out to the stores. Not happening here. I saw the line up outside our Costco as I DROVE BY YESTERDAY morning. I wonder if they started counting how many people come in and go out to keep some kind of control. I doubt it.

Fundayforum Urdu Poetry And Mp3 Music Entertainment

A’Burg Guy

Good late morning Bunnies.
A nice wander last night at The Navy Yard to see the lights. Six bi-peds and 4 dogs. We took Ava and Katie. Doug and Brenda brought Peachy and Jan and Dave only brought Simon. Funniest moment was when a family asked if they could pet the dogs. Of course. As people approached I said "Ava, come over here out of the way". The Mom said "Ava, come this way out of the way". We looked at each other and a very confused little girl by the name of Ava wasn't sure which way to go! I wonder how many people two legged Ava told that she met a dog named Ava?
KC, you amaze me. All the time. Always thinking of others and doing your best to take care of everyone. You will indeed make a fantastic Vice President. Ya, butter tarts and Nanaimo bars. And Tony's favourite - Coffee Crisp bars.

Time will tell how I do!
I just had a call from "Time" Kathie. They said that you're doing pretty well with that closet. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: I'm just glad that Art's eye is feeling OK and he can go off biking. I was at The Old Post Office yesterday too! I had all of my paperwork completed and the bar code for the clerk to scan for my customs form. She told me that she wished they had more customers who were as prepared as I was. The way things are going I can't imagine anyone laughing at you for wearing a shield to take care of you and them!
It really does bring it close to home when someone you know comes down with COVID Dave. Our vet office is still in semi lockdown. You call from the parking lot and they allow one person in with the pet. If you're picking up meds they bring it to the door and pop it in the drop box. It used to be that you brought home your TV (nobody had more than 1), attached the bunny ears and played with them until you got the channel you wanted. Now in this day of electronic everything it takes a day on the phone with the provider to make sure that all of the boxes are talking to the server and the TV.
Enjoy your time in McCloud with the family Tony. Another well deserved get away or all of you.
So were last night's turkey sandwiches a warm up for this coming Friday's turkey sandwiches Pat? It would be interesting to see if King's Hawaiian Rolls and Kinder Eggs could cross the border undetected in the postal systems. I'm picturing "The Feds" coming to our perspective doors to take us away for the import and export of dangerous goods! That's why I always put Lu-Ann's name on the return address. I wouldn't do well in prison.
I'll have to look through the pictures we took last night. There weren't too many and even fewer actually came out as I hoped. I will get a couple posted in a bit.
Hope that the rest of you very fine folks are all doing well.
I know, we could all scream if one more person reminds us to wear masks and sanitize our hands. Well, get ready to scream because...
Stay safe and don't forget to sanitize and wear your masks!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning everyone! Weird morning here - Sun shines, then it rains, then the sun shines, and so on. Will get nicer later today.

Lee - So how was your light show last night? From the picture I saw, it looked very Christmasy. Can't wait to see more pictures of your adventure. Did the dogs like getting to see their "friends"?

K2 - Tell me something that Bert asked me about - It's only you and Art in your house with no visitors, right? Knowing how careful you are when you venture out into the big scary world, why do you find it necessary to keep wiping down doorknobs and light switches? No one else is touching them. I think you like to make more work for yourself! Have fun cleaning the laundry room.
Glad you were able to get someone on the phone about the problem with Art's eye and that now it's better. That could have been real scary.

KC - Nice that you got to mow Jane's yard for the last time. Being just this much further south, we have to have our lawns mowed all year round, but we have to pay for it, so I want what I paid for.
That turkey sandwich I was tasting all day was a big disappointment last night. I like very very thin slices of turkey. Bert had gone ahead and sliced the whole thing the night before and made the slices too thick. To me, it lost that special something and I didn't enjoy it like I should have. I told Bert that next time I will do the slicing for sandwiches, as I always did in the past.

San - Glad you stopped by. We really miss you around here keeping us all on our toes, knowing you're going to jump on some of our statements. Now when you don't show up, we can get away with anything!!
Have a safe and fun trip to McCloud with your family. Make lots of special memories.

Dave - Good to hear that Kathi got all the TVs good to go again. It was so much easier back in the "old days", wasn't it. Before we moved to Florida, we didn't even have cable, even though it was very popular with friends and family. We were happy with what we had.

Negc - So what did you do for your birthday? Did you and Rita go out to eat or did she make a special dinner for you?

Question for everyone: They expect to have that vaccine available by the end of December, so my question is - Who's going to get it asap and who's going to hold off for a while?

Having a Thanksgiving dinner tonight at the Grille with our friend & her daughter (same one as at the wine tasting). They are observing strict rules tonight at the Grille and you had to buy a ticket and make reservation. Our reservation is for 6:00 which is a bit early for us, but that's ok for a change. It just depends on how busy they are going to be for this dinner as to whether you have to leave as soon as you're finished or not.

Better get a move on, if I want to post this before noon. Take care, all, and stay safe!

A’Burg Guy

IMG_5667.jpeg
In front of one of the displays in one of the parks in town.
Below is a look at the entrance to Navy Yard
Park. The other is the front of our house.
IMG_4798.jpegIMG_4799.jpeg

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi gang. Been working over here and trying to figure out how to arrange this one cabinet in the laundry room so I can put more canned goods and staple food items on shelves. I need to take out a bar that I could hang jackets from. That space is now too valuable for jackets that can go on the front closet!
I want to get 2 pull-out wire trays do I can pull it out to see what’s in the back area. Think of soup cans. Veggie cans. Tomato sauce, etc. I’m trying to make it so I don’t have to go to the grocery store as often this Winter. It will be worth taking out the jacket rod!
Art has one entire cabinet for his Sweat shirts, T-shirts, jeans. I must say he keeps that cabinet very neat.
I found a lot of STUFF crammed in the back of the shelves. Now to dirt it out and THROW THE STUFF OUT!
No need to buy paper plates for a LONG TIME! Lots stuffed on a shelf way too high. Got a step stool to find the stuff! Haha.
BB: I may be careful when out and about, but I touch everything I put in the shopping cart and then open the car door and Art is around his biking friends 3 times a week. Just better to be safe than sorry. It takes me maybe 5 mins to wipe off all the switches and knobs and handles. Not a biggy.
Have fun at your dinner.
Lee; Grest pics. Nice decorations on your new house!
Sunny and 45F here.
Be back later.
MY BREAK TIME IS OVER!

Attachments

• 0B923599-E041-43C0-A027-8CB11809177A.jpeg
    0B923599-E041-43C0-A027-8CB11809177A.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 7D2D13F5-15FD-4B93-A069-3984F545A08A.jpeg
    7D2D13F5-15FD-4B93-A069-3984F545A08A.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 60122E5D-351E-48D6-9E82-37AC00E66B83.jpeg
    60122E5D-351E-48D6-9E82-37AC00E66B83.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 6953A5D8-FA69-4D12-B94A-C411B06D5A09.jpeg
    6953A5D8-FA69-4D12-B94A-C411B06D5A09.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Kathie you are way to ambitious....slow down girl...you're retired remember??

Lee, awesome looking pictures of the fort & your front porch lights...

Is it just me...or is anyone else starting to worry the lil man is NOT going to leave the White House no matter what??? And his Republican cronies are just standing by letting this temper tantrum roll on....and on....and on....

Got all the shopping done for my Angel Tree kids...my sister's are threatening to stage an intervention....but I promised them I'm done....
for now.....now I just need to get busy & get the stuff wrapped...

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
Pat, you mean like Kathie “staplfood items to shelves”?

Matthew’s Toy Hauler is stored up in McCloud, as is ours. McCloud used to be a lumber town and as such had huge buildings for the mill. Several buildings are now used for RV storage.

Bill, hope your surgery went well.

Another day of trump doing what we all expected him to do. January 20 seems to be so far off giving him time to screw up the country as much as he can.

I am thinking of holding a contest on here to see who can come up with the longest string of adjectives and adverbs to describe the buffoon. You have so many to choose from. The prize would be that your TV will be purged of all things trump for a month.