Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
A wee bit if drizzle in the area today. We may even see thunder boomers.
Geez Dave. Not the news any of us wants to hear. I really hope that your son-in-law kicks this thing with no lasting effects. At least now he’s in hospital and being tended to by real medical professionals. What’s the going rate for kids to shovel these days? The run is Friday February 25th.
There is a heated outdoor community pool at the club house Kathie. There are really nice town homes (friends stayed in one a couple of years back) beside the club house and they don’t have pools so I think it’s primarily for them. Not to mention renters who are too cheap to pay for pool heat. Remember Plow Guy who used to “torment” me back in Ayr? I’d do the driveway and he’d come down the road and plow me in. I’d clear it and he’d come back and push the snow back to widen the road. I heard he moved to Michigan. ;)
I think with the forecast today will be a good laundry day. A good day to extra tidy up the rooms we use as well while the laundry is spinning away.
No doubt I’ll check back on everyone later.
Stay safe my friends.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good morning gang!

Dave: Sorry you have to hear about your Son-in-law having to go to he hospital. Hope they can give him the help he needs.
Is your daughter even thinking about getting vaccinated yet? Most likely not.

Now about that WSTER HEATER being in the basement for over 2 years!
Art and I slid the NEW ONE down the stairs in the big cardboard box and and it must have stayed in that box s good 2 years. That was back when they were changing up Water Heaters on the top valves. So we bought one to avoid having to switch out a lot of pipes etc! Long story short when we had the new furnace put in the company installed the new water heater. Art had had BACK SURGERY and since the old one was still working he never changed it out.
That’s the end of your STORY HOUR for today Wrabbits! Ha ha.

I hope Kathi is wearing her mask if she is at the house of many kids place!!

Karen: Hope little Scooter is doing okay after the long Vet visit.

It’s NOT snowing here this morning. Just cold. Glad I took care of the snow at the end of the driveway late last night.

Take care all. We have done running around to do this morning. I’ll be back later.

And YES we WILL HAVE OUR MASKS ON!
We got our free Covid test kits in the mail yesterday.
I saw on TV that all kinds of places are going to be hanging out the N95 or N94, not sure about that number, any day. We’re all suppose to get 3 each. What the heck took so long to do that? Crazy politics.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
My only experience with NASCAR was while I was in the service decades ago and a bunch of us went to watch the Darlington 500. My most prominent memory is having to take mucho showers afterwards to remove all the grit and grime that came off the track and embedded itself in my skin and hair. We do have friends who regularly go to Loudon, NH for the races that are held there, but aside from some familiarity with the names of some of the more well known racers, my knowledge of the whole subject is rudimentary to say the least.
Not as chilly last night and this morning as it was yesterday, but the golfers' outfits don't encourage any thoughts of outside activities today
Sorry to hear about Scooters health problems, KC.
How did Gary and Elaine's passing go, BB?
Glad you agree with my pick of the Bengals, Dave. Not too invested in any of the teams, however, but I am sure we will be watching the games regardless.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. The temp here today is much better and will be for a couple of days then a new cold front comes in.

Yeah there are a lot of different racing cars, besides NASCAR we do watch some of the IMSA (Rolex) races and now more of the INDY races (since Jimmie Johnson is now racing there).

Can't get into Formula 1.

Today we are going out to dinner to celebrate our 47th wedding
anniversary. We are going to Benihana's.

Hope the SIL gets better now that he is in the hospital but it almost sounds
like they waited too long. I just don't understand why all those that won't get the vaccine won't.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

Happy Anniversary to you Nancy and Bruce.
I saw that one of the grocery stores was handing out GOOD masks Kathie. We brought over 60 KN95‘s with us. We swap them out every couple of days unless we have them on for more than 5 hours at once. Then they hit the bin after one use. If we have them on for 30 or 40 minutes in the grocery store we tuck them away and reuse them. Seems that 5 hours is the suggested limit.
Pat, have you ever ventured to Total Wine out near Millenia? We hear it’s quite spot. If I see your post floating in cyber space I’ll try to catch it for you. I hate it when that happens.
One thing for sure Bill. If you hang out at any auto race you’re going to go home smelling like exhaust and rubber.
Back to my previously scheduled chores…

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, glad to hear you in central & south florida are enjoying warmer weather, I'm FREEZING up here in Belleview...even broke down & turned the furnace on!

Dave, sending prayers & good thoughts for the Sil for a speedy recovery...that has got to be super scary for all concerned!

kathie, the sock on the swiffer is a good idea...except I don't have an orphan socks...the covers you gave me a couple years ago are still working great...Jane especially liked the one you knitted? crocheted? she is going to try & make a couple for herself.

Negc, I think spellcheck struck again...regarding G&E's "passing"...
Nice that you don't have to venture outside to check the weather conditions, just a quick glance at the golf course...

Pat, nothing worse than losing a long, entertaining post! Have you had any luck finding a lift chair? Leftover thanksgiving meals are the best!!

Lee, today is a good day to do just about anything inside...we've had drizzle rain most of the morning, but so far nothing major.

Not much of anything going on here, I've got leftover food from helping Jane the other day so no cooking dinner for me...and Barb baked a cake the other day & brought several slices over for me so even dessert is covered...I could do laundry but it's to cold in the garage right now so I think I will just go snuggle on the sofa & try to get warm!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen, I might have a Orphan sock or two. I want to see if it really works before mailing socks out! LOL. Ha Ha

Jill appreciated the Blueberry Lemon Loaf. I hope her family doesn't gobble it up too fast. :oops:

Happy Anniversary Nancy & Bruce. Wishing you many many more! :emoticon 0152 heart:

BB: When you get some time come back and POST again. I almost lost a long post this morning.
And I sure hope that Gary & Elaine didn't REALLY PASS! YIKES, that would be horrible. :eek::oops:

Lee: I can't wait to see just how they are controlling who gets the free masks. Somebody could go around to all the listed stores and pick up free masks if they don't have a check list. I bet you they don't have any control system! I wonder if my Kroger is handing them out. I know that when we passed the Rite Aid on the corner of 24 Mile & Hayes there were a lot of cars in the parking lot. That place is ALWAYS EMPTY. Maybe I'll try there later on.

Michigan State Univ (MSU) is playing a important Basketball game tonight at 7pm. Then on the weekend they play a make-up game with Univ of Mich. That should be a real HOOT to watch. Both teams HATE each other. Ha Ha.

Later.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Checking out for the night...CBS is reruns again tonight so I think I'll read for a while & then get to bed early for a change...see you all in the morning

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
No news is good news, and I haven't heard anything new about my Arizona son-in-law's condition. My daughter said she'd let me know if his condition changed. And I know she will. So there will be no need to keep bugging her for updates, as many relatives and friends will be doing. Betcha her phone never stops ringing.

Lee, as for
"What’s the going rate for kids to shovel these days?".... Our drive appears to be similar in size as yours. The 2 kids wanted $15 to shovel the drive, the porch and the walkway up to it. Kathi ended up giving them $20.

I've got to admit K2, I've never known anyone that had a spare water heater just laying around. Now that's a treasure-hunt; Patrolling all the drug stores near you picking up a backseat full of masks.
1f601.png

"My only experience with NASCAR was while I was in the service". Damn Bill, they had NASCAR during the Civil War?
1f61b.png

Happy belated 47th wedding anniversary, Nancy.

I see the computer gremlins have eaten another one of your posts, BB. Sucks, doesn't it?

KC; How do you manage not to have orphan socks pop up from time to time? This is why I try to always buy the same brand and style of sock. But every few years the manufacturers change styles. Close, but different, from the ones I've been buying for years. (Yes, leftover turkey is the best.)

Single digits here this morning, with a high of only 15 for the day. BUT, no new snow forecast for today or tomorrow.

Nothing really planned except mill-around-smartly today.

A’Burg Guy

I think it was the band Supertramp who sang it best. “It’s rainin’ again.” Maybe BJ Thomas with
”Raindrops Keep Fallin‘ On My Head”. Oh well!
Good morning everyone.
Dave, for that same reason I usually buy the same socks. Wear one out? Lots to make a pair. Lose one? Same theory. I continue to hope that you have no news. I think that was awfully good of Kathi to tip the kids. She’s just making sure they will be back the next time. Please post warnings that could cause a guy to spray his drink of water when he reads it. Like that NASCAR comment to Bill. :D
It will be like the free Covid kits at home Kathie. People would line up and get one. Then go to the next place to get one. They should, in both cases, use the postal services to distribute kits and masks to every address. I forgot to mention, yes, I have tried the cooking spray on the shovel. I used ‘no name” stuff but it does do the job.
Our laundry stuff is in the garage here too Karen. I admit to it being a tad chilly when I was out there. It has been tough to keep this house warm. A good furnace but with minimal insulation and high ceilings, ideal for warmer weather, the heat just seems to disappear. And if I believe any number of the weather “guesscasters” it’s gonna be chilly for a tad longer. How is Kitty doing the past couple of days?
Best walk the beasts before I get my coffee. Especially Ava who tells you when she wants / needs to go. That silly pup doesn’t seem to care if it’s raining (or snowing) or not.
Enjoy your day folks and everyone take care.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-Morning Wrabbits. I must say it's VERY COLD here in PURE MICHIGAN this morning. Woke up to 6F. Yup.... I said 6 degrees! It's 12F right now at 10:41 am. Brrr.
Freezing Sesame Street GIF by Willem Dafriend
Brrr.

Lee: I feel like the Florida Belles owe you an explanation on the lack of temps in the 78-80's. After all you guys did let them know you were coming to visit their fair state early enough for them to plan things much better! I know what you mean about keeping those Florida houses warm or cool. I hope the pups have their nice coats on them if it gets too chilly. Hate to see either of them get a chill.

Not much going on over here today. I went out earlier and SPRINKLED some SALT on the side of the driveway that had ice on it. Seems like when the sun hits that one area it actually melts the snow and then of course it freezes overnight. I wanted to make sure nobody slipped if they happened to be coming up the driveway to the walkway. Fat chance, since we don't get many deliveries or company this time of the year.

Art went to his dental appt to get his PERMANANT replacement of his front teeth. Couldn't happen SOON ENOUGH since the glue on the temporary ones gave loose 3 days after his last visit. Poor guy. ALWAYS SOMETHING!

BB: I hope you're staying warm enough down your way. What's on your to do list today. Any news about the LIFT-CHAIR? Hope it doesn't become a long-term issue like replacing the Caddy! We know it would be very helpful for you.

DAVE: We have lived here in this house for 30 some years and NEVER had any kids come by to offer to do remove our snow or cut the grass. Just not enough kids or maybe the kids get EVERYTHING they want and don't need to do manual labor to make some bucks. My grandson, Eric, still cuts grass for a couple of his neighbors and he's in the 2nd yr of college and has a real part time job. Good for Kathi giving the kids a tip. I would have done the same.

Today I'm going to make those Biscotti's that I didn't make the other day. The Blueberry Lemon loaf is all but history. I swear ART inhales that stuff and his jeans still are falling off his "Butt-less" body. I on the other hand can just LOOK at the stuff I bake and gain 5 pounds. Hate it.

You all stay safe. Too many cases of Covid issues popping up all over the USA. Not worth taking a risk.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. It is rainy here today and a bit cool.

Dinner last night was very good. We ate at Benihana's and I ended up gutting so full I brought a bunch home for lunch today. We took the long way home so it took over an hour and I was so tired it was straight to bed.

Bruce has a Dr appt and then off to do a job.

Dinner tonight will be easy as it will be left over roast and mashed potatoes.

All have a great day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
No golfers out on the course today so that should tell you what kind of weather we are experiencing. So dark this morning that it was very tempting to just stay in bed.
Not sure exactly when NASCAR started racing but perhaps you can relate your experiences watching the chariot races in your youth, Dave.
It is almost February and the networks are still showing reruns, KC. We watched Amy Schneider win her 40th consecutive match on Jeopardy last night. Quite an accomplishment though she still would have to go a ways to match Ken Jennings 74 wins.
Going out to dinner tonight with our friends, Rich and Dianne, probably to Carrabas.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Late good afternoon, everyone. It's bee pretty busy around here yesterday and today. Sorry I never made it back sooner.

Lee - Before I forget, yes we have been to Total Wines a number of times.. If they don't have it, nobody is going to have it!

Nancy & Bruce - Happy belated anniversary!

Woo Hoo!! My power chair will be here tomorrow, Bert & Gary will have to finish the assembly.

I made a big pot of chicken tortellini soup yesterday for dinner. Everyone loved it and Elain & her son both took it to school for lunch today. Bet they'll take the rest for lunch tomorrow. No problem though, as we're still working on leftovers from Sunday's turkey dinner.

Not staying on here too long. I am so cold that all I'm doing is snuggling in a blanket to keep warm, in spite of having the heat and electric fireplace on, This is definitely not my favorite type of weather, I want our heat back!!!

Bert just picked up M&J's kids, so time for me to be a nice grandma and find a snack for them. Have a wonderful evening and for goodness sake, stay warm & healthy!!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
I'm with you Pat, it is just to flipping cold to do anything...my furnace has been running almost non-stop all day...I'm gonna need a Go Fund me to pay the light bill...

Lee, Scooter seems to be doing ok, thanks....the vet's office called this morning & she has an appt. for the ultra sound on March 21st...ka-ching Ka-ching!

Kathie, have fun with the biscotti.... I need to bake something to help try & warm this place up a little bit...but don't need the extra calories hanging around either...

Dave, hopefully the Sil is on the mend now that he's getting treated by a qualified Dr.
Any word from Royal on your scheduled cruise yet?

I'm off to fix a cup of coffee & try to warm up my fingers...someone PLEASE shut the door to the frozen north waste land for us

A’Burg Guy

so time for me to be a nice grandma
I can’t imagine you never being a nice grandma Pat. Your soup sounds darned fine to me. Will there be pictures of the new chair? We heard about the wine place and were warned that it is a destination all to itself.
Somebody needs to figure out a way to create hydro when the furnace runs Karen. I know all too well about the “Ka-Ching” when we all visit the vets office.
Kathie, I can’t blame anyone for the cold weather. I think it speaks to a former POTUS saying global warming was all a hoax. The cold will definitely go away when it gets warmer.
Great comeback Bill. Football, motor sport…you sir can smack talk with the best of them.
Benihana is not only entertaining but pretty good food too Nancy.
We had lunch at The Boathouse at The Springs today. It wasn’t too busy and we asked to be tucked in a corner far from the people that were there. We’re still a tad gun shy about indoor eating in places. At home our restaurants are just reopening again with 50% indoor capacity.
Seems like perfect weather for a little pool time. I mean the kind of pool that has a big table, cues and billiard balls. It’s in the garage here.
See you all tomorrow.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
chair GIF
BB:
Well, isn't that SPECIAL! Congrats a day early on getting your chair. I hope the kids can get it to work just fine for you. Let's hope they don't set the TILT UP TOO HIGH and you go flying out of it! Ha Ha. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

We had SOUP and I made homemade Whole Wheat Bread for us. I must say it was a YUMMY DINNER.
It's 14 degrees here right now and falling quick.

We have one of those HUGE TOTAL WINE places that just opened here about a month ago. Just too cold to go from the car to their bldg from the HUGE parking lot. It'll still be there once it warms up in MAY! :oops:

LEE:
That's neat that you have a pool table in the garage. It kind of takes the place of your Ping Pong table at home.
I remember eating at the Boat House. We got to watch the guy in the CAR that went into the water while we waited for our table.

Now you Florida Belles need to put on some SOCKS and SHOES and LONG PANTS and a Sweatshirt or Hoodie and throw a blanket or Afghan around yourselves. I know I have mine on me when I hit that couch.
It was nice to have the
Afghan on my legs while I was knitting the past few weeks. It's all done now and I'm starting another one. I am using the last of my SALE YARN I got a while back at Michaels. It's a light grey color.

DAVE & BILL........ hope you two are doing well.

Out of here for tonight. STAY WARM FOLKS.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
You're preaching to the choir Kathie, I had on my jeans, socks, tennis shoes, jacket AND my knit hat this afternoon while typing...and was still freezing....it seems to have finally warmed up in the house tonite..hopefully tomorrow will be nicer weather!
Good night from Belleview...