Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Ah Bill, I knew BC was Boston College as one of The Canadian Football Leagues greatest QB’s was a young fella by the name of Doug Flutie. He hailed from your BC and also played for our BC in the CFL.
I don’t know why Kathie but my first thought on your Swiffer thing was “Sock it to me”. We went to Parksdale Farms this morning for strawberries and some nice produce. Shortcake was excellent but berries were $4.99 for a quart and the peppers were from Canada and looked and felt like they’d been on a truck for three days. I guess we were a tick early for less expensive berries and decent local produce.
Anybody else up yet at Casa de Pat? I guess it’s the construction here in FL that makes the houses feel so danged cold. There’s little or no insulation in the walls or ceiling!
Time to settle in for a little football. Go Bucs. Go Bills.

A’Burg Guy

The outcome of your TB’s TB Bucs has left me concerned Bill. The home team HAS to win one of these playoffs.
Another heck of a football game though.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Late Sunday check in for me...I was over at Jane's by 9 this morning to help her clean & re-arrange her bedroom...that was a project...lot's of tossing & sorting...I was proud of her....we also moved her furniture around in the bedroom for the first time in over 10 yrs... and put down the new rug I bought her in Dec. at the community yard sale...looks very nice & cozy in there now...but boy do my muscles let me know they aren't happy...
Scooter has a vet appt. in the morning so I'll check in after I get home from that...stay warm all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: Time to soak in that nice new tub of yours.

I could use a good soaking w/Epsom's Salt in the water!
I pushed the
measly 2 inches of snow off our driveway and sidewalk and walkway and porch area earlier. I have to tell you it was FREEZING out there with the WIND blowing. Thank goodness I could almost push the shovel with one hand most of the time. Brrrr.

Lee & Negc: That was one fantastic entertaining Football game. Sure glad that Stafford pulled it out in the few seconds and the KICKER did his job. What a game. Sorry about TBay.

A’Burg Guy

What a game! Did I mention? What a game!! And it ain’t over yet!
And I gotta walk the pups as we head into OT.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Monday morning, Wabbits!

Single digits here this morning, plus 3 more inches of snow from yesterday. "MOM, is it a snow-day???"

One interesting weekend for outcomes to NFL games. It's got to be driving the bookies nuts.

Now who are you going to root for in the Super Bowl, Bill & LEE?

Hoping the best for Scooter, KC. You never did say what the Vet appointment is for.

Great idea for orphan socks, K2. The real money made by these Swiffer-like companies is in the throw-away refills.

Great line Lee, "Sock it to me".

Where ya be, Nancy?

We do need to go out this morning to pick up a couple of prescriptions at Walley-World. And drop off some medical forms at our doctor's office, to get signed. Forms that will hopefully get us a medical refund from our cruise insurance.

If you can't be good, post pictures.
1f601.png

A’Burg Guy

Good morning from “Frosty Florida”.
34F here right now. It‘s a tad on the cool side. I may need my long legged ”bathing costume” to hit the pool today. Once I cut through the ice. :p

Four NFL playoff games that were what playoff games should be. Close, hard fought and the kind where they didn’t to to sell you the whole seat “’cause you’ll only need the edge”.
I suppose I should root for the team that beat my pick Dave. So I guess I’ll pull for KC. With Karen in the hutch how could I not!
Not sure what we will be up to but I can bet it will be indoors.
You fine folks all stay safe and warm wherever you’re at and whatever mischief you get in to.
Pay extra attention to the stay safe part, OK?

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. It is cold for this Floridian, 52 and only going up to 63.

We live next to a Savanah that the state owns and it has a bunch of wild pigs. While we don't really like the ugly fence the state put up at least it keeps the pigs from digging up the back yard. Right now there are 2 black pigs that come up every afternoon looking for food, which since we have a large oak tree in the back, Bruce will rake the acorns and throw them over the fence and the pigs love them.

We are NASCAR fans and yesterday Fox reported that they are putting a retired driver, Tony Stewart in the booth for the Clash and the Daytona 500. It pairs him up with a driver that drove for him so a lot of people are saying how it will be crazy.. Will at least be fun. I will say that I am ready for the racing to start. Will miss the next two races being on the
cruise, but that is okay.

Everyone stay warm and have a great day.

Ah Bill, I knew BC was Boston College as one of The Canadian Football Leagues greatest QB’s was a young fella by the name of Doug Flutie. He hailed from your BC and also played for our BC in the CFL.
I don’t know why Kathie but my first thought on your Swiffer thing was “Sock it to me”. We went to Parksdale Farms this morning for strawberries and some nice produce. Shortcake was excellent but berries were $4.99 for a quart and the peppers were from Canada and looked and felt like they’d been on a truck for three days. I guess we were a tick early for less expensive berries and decent local produce.
Anybody else up yet at Casa de Pat? I guess it’s the construction here in FL that makes the houses feel so danged cold. There’s little or no insulation in the walls or ceiling!
Time to settle in for a little football. Go Bucs. Go Bills.
There is a fruit/veggies stand right off I4 on Branch Forbes road that has very good fruit/veggies and the prices are a lot cheaper than Parksdale and not that far from Praksdale. We stop there when we come home from Tampa.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well it is starting to warm up, now up to 36 it was 34 when I woke at 6. I will be going to Publix for a few things for dinner tonight as I am hoping to fix the roast I have in the Instant Pot, just have to see how to do it. Bruce has a job this morning and I am sure it will be cold for it.

We are not ones to watch or really care for football or any of the ball sports. but we do watch the Super Bowl. IT is racing for us and racing really starts next weekend with the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good SNOWY morning here in PURE MICHIGAN! :smiley23:

We had a NOON appt today and the guy called at 8:15am to ask if we would still be keeping it. SURE.... it's not snowing that bad! Ha Ha.
At about 9:45 am I called and did a re-schedule for Tuesday at Noon! Hopefully, the roads will be cleaned and salted, etc, etc by then.
ALWAYS SOMETHING!

So today will be a BAKING day here in the Anderson Abode! I went through my STACK of recipes and it will either be Blueberry Lemon Loaf or Biscotti. Just not sure yet! :smilie1:

DAVE: Kathi should get some good use out of her new Snowblower today. Hope she's having fun with it.
I was surprised that my knees DID NOT hurt after being out in the freezing cold pushing the snow off the driveway. Whew.... sure glad about that.

BB: So how are things going with the new Moochers? Are the boys settling in okay? What's on the menu for today? Time to make a POT ROAST or POT PIE with the temps being so low. Or a pan of Lasagna.

Lee: I'm not sure if I could bring myself to dip into that pool even if it was 92degrees warm! Just something about it being in the 34's that would keep me inside the house. Find a book and chill out and read. Do some exercises. Are the dogs complaining that they though you guys promised them much warmer weather. Blame it on the Belles.......they did a much better job with the temps in the past years! :smilie6:

Nancy, good for you liking the car races. I can take it or leave it. Going around in circles for 500 laps doesn't do much for me. And the crashes are scary.

Karen: How did Scooter do? Do you have Pet Insurance..... can't remember. I wonder just how much it would save you in the long run.

Christine and her Mom gave up the other day when they were at Disney. 45F was just too cold for them. I wonder how crowded it was and if the lines were shorter. Gotta give that gal credit for loving her DISNEY!

Out of here for now. Time to turn on the ovens and get busy in the kitchen.

Come back later with news of what you did all day.
John Cusack Utopia GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, all you chilly bunnies! Time to fluff up those tails NOW!!!

Bill & Lee - I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed both of your games and have to admit I was very disappointed with the results of both games. They definitely were heart breakers!

Our turkey dinner last night was awesome, especially since I got to sit on the sideline and give orders. There's enough leftovers to do it all over again tonight.

Lee - I'm glad I sleep later than you. It was 47 when I got up. We've been getting some beautiful strawberries from Publix so far this season. They are huge and very flavorful. Also getting green peppers from Sam's. I believe they are organic too.

Dave & Kathie - Sorry you got more snow. Stay safe and be careful if you are outside shoveling or driving in it.

Kathie - Happy baking today. Elaine baked 2 loaves of banana nut bread yesterday and there's only a small piece left! It was that good!!!

Nancy - We're not fans of Nascar or whatever they call it now. Gary's son is though, and will be going to all the races in the coming weeks, including camping on the infield. Better him than me is all I can say!!

Karen - How did you make out with Scooter? I hope all is ok with that furry baby.

Not much going on around here today. Even with the heat on, the house still feels chilly to me. I am definitely a Florida gal now and want our heat back. I apologize to Bill & Lee for this cold weather. I didn't order it!!

Have great day, no matter what you're up to today. Don't work too hard and stay safe.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
"Nancy, good for you liking the car races. I can take it or leave it. Going around in circles for 500 laps doesn't do much for me. And the crashes are scary." I have a hard time at times watching the shorter races but can do it. Some crashes can be scary but most anymore aren't. And with all the safety things in and on the cars the worst looking crashes the drivers are really pretty safe in the car.

"Nancy - We're not fans of Nascar or whatever they call it now. Gary's son is though, and will be going to all the races in the coming weeks, including camping on the infield. Better him than me is all I can say!!" Still NASCAR just the main one is only called the CUP Series since they have multiple sponsors. We used to go every year to Homestead but a few years ago had to give it up as the cost for us with tickets and a hotel was too high for 4 nights and I could no longer walk all those stairs to the seats as we sat one row down from the top. We had camped for most of the years. We have been to Daytona, for the summer race and the Busch Clash, Charlotte for the fall race, Talladega for the spring race for a few years and Bristol for the spring race. We also went to Orlando for the truck races when they had them in the parking lot of Disney.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Apologies accepted, BB. Rita and I don't blame you for the current weather conditions. We know that the someone, who will remain nameless, left the door open when they escaped Canada and let the Montreal Express head this way bears responsibility for this unseasonably chil weather ;-) Indian River County was among several that were under a cold weather advisory last night with temperatures expected to be in the 30's or 40's.
Yesterday's games, especially the second one certainly lived up to their promises and delivered plenty of thrills and chills. The last two minutes of the Bills/Chiefs game will be remembered for years. I must say I was rooting for the Bills and guess that next week I will be rooting for the 49ers and the Bengals, though that might be the "kiss of death" for them given my record in recent playoff games.
There is a local orange grove about a mile away that is excellent, so we will visit there frequently while we are here. Our favorite Honeybell oranges should be available over the next few weeks.
The pants that we ordered when we were at Macy's in Melbourne last week, magically appeared on our doorstep yesterday. Good service.
One disadvantage of being in a condo that is on a golf course is that we are frequently awakened early by the sound of the grounds crew mowing the greens or trimming the shrubbery around the building. Watching the golfers and seeing how they are clothed does provide a good sense of how warm or chilly it is out and the flag on the hole outside our window indicates whether or not there is a brisk wind.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bill: May I suggest EAR PLUGS to avoid being rudely awakened in the morning. Ha Ha.

I'm watching a LIGHT snow fall right now. It light and fluffy. My next door neighbor used his LEAFblower to do his sidewalk and driveway. Art went out and was done with our driveway by using the shovel before the neighbor! :clap002: So far our lawnman's son has only done our snow (1) time and it really didn't need to be done. I haven't gotten a Seasonal Bill from him, so I don't know if he's doing our snow removal or not! Time will tell. So far we have managed since the snow fall has been little to none until today.

Blueberry Lemon Loafs were made earlier and are out of the oven cooling. Nice Lemon Glaze on top. Almost looks like the kind you get at Starbucks. Except I didn't put as much glaze on mine.
The nice next door neighbor will get one of the loafs for taking out our OLD WATER HEATER from the basement yesterday. What a nice guy. He knew it was in the basement now for about 2 years and knocked on the door with a friend of his and asked if we wanted it taken to the curb. WELL OF COURSE WE DID! So he gets a reward.
Jill & her gang will get one tomorrow when we are in that area for our appt.
And last but not least, ART & I will have a small one to share.
I still want to make the Biscotti, but need to take a break.

Dave: Those GEL INJECTIONS in my knees are working really nice.... so far. Wonder how many months they will continue to do the trick??

Off to sit down.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Finally getting a chance to check back in...what was supposed to be a routine re-check turned out to be a drop off multi hour appointment...around Christmas time Scooter was having some digestive issues throwing up & soft stools...so right after Christmas I got her into the vet & they did blood work & determined she had pancreatitis ...she's been on med's for the last 2 weeks, thus the re-check..that part went fairly well..she's gained a bit of weight back& not throwing up... so the Vet took her off the daily med's & put them as needed...she then checked her ears & found an ear infection...which I kind of suspected...then while listening to her heart & lungs she was picking up on an irregular heart beat...something she had not heard before...we decided to do an EKG & X-rays so I had to leave her for 2 hrs while they did that...the ekg showed she has the beginnings of heart disease but they will need to do an ultra sound to find out just what all is going on...the Dr. who read the ekg said it could be related to a thyroid problem...but none of her bloodwork has ever shown any evidence of that...
I guess having an old cat is kind of like having an old car...you no sooner get one thing fixed on it & something else breaks down..todays bill...just over $500...and No Kathie...I don't have pet insurance...I've never really looked into it to see how much it would cost.. I'd love to just go relax with a glass of wine, but since I don't have any I guess a coffee with Irish Cream will have to do instead...and since it's still on the chilly side today will most likely hit the spot...
I'll see you all in the morning!

A’Burg Guy

Sorry to hear about Scooter Karen. When I was in getting a valve job in April Ava was diagnosed with pancreatitis. Katie was diagnosed a couple of years back. Good bye Costco food, hello $135.00 a bag dietary food. I should eat so well. Actually, I do. :D
Are you clearing out room for me if I need a couple of days to quarantine Kathie? I could show you how I make biscotti. Did you spray your shovel with cooking spray? That keeps the snow from sticking. I’m happy that the gel injections seem to be doing a good job for you. I HAVE to keep exercising. Today has been 2 walks, 15 minutes on the rower and 15 on the stationary bike. That ends up being 116 minutes of exercise so far today. It was a hoot watching my heart rate during the last couple of minutes of the Bills game. :emoticon 0152 heart:
That’s a dandy barometer of what to wear you have out back Bill. One look at the golfers and you know how to dress for the morning. The down side is the grounds keepers starting so danged early. All of the playoff games were excellent. Just not the outcome in two of the games that you and I hoped for.
Nancy, a couple of things here. First, thanks for the tip on the market. Usually Parksdale is pretty darned good. Never a lost trip for us if there’s strawberry shortcake. Now, about your choice in racing. REAL race cars don’t have fenders and they can turn left AND right. If I want to watch “taxi“ races with lots of wrecks I’ll tune in to the cameras along I4. You know I’m havin’ fun with ya. I am a long time Formula One fan. I‘ve been to Mosport (when they hostedF1), Montreal, Watkins Glen (when they hosted F1) and a week too late in Monaco. I wish that it wasn’t Covid season or I’d love to pop up to Daytona for the 24 hours and even one of the practice days for The 500. I’d also pop over to Detroit for the Indy Cars.
Left over turkey dinner. You just can’t beat that Pat. We’ll have a look at Publix for berries too. Old habits die hard. After a week of sleeping in a tad I’m back to getting up at the crack of dawn. Actually I’m the guy who wakes dawn up.
Dinner last night was salmon from Trader Joe’s with roasted sweet potatoes. Tonight, salad and focaccia. Right after I finish my glass of winking owl cab sav from Aldi’s.
That said, you all enjoy the rest of your day and we’ll see you tomorrow.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen sure hope Scooter can get ALL BETTER soon. You are the BEST Mom to your Kitties!
Now you really need to keep a emergency stash of your favorite wine or booze for times like today. Sorry it had to be such a rough day.

Lee: We’ll leave the light on for you! Just give us a days warning!
Nice to know you can do exercises where you are at. Do they have a nice Club House Rec bldg or is it in the rental unit?

Have you ever sprayed your snow shovel? Might actually work.

Lots of folks renting in Anna Maria Island are complaining the the pools in their rentals do not HEAT THE POOL when temps dip under 60F. Something to do with the HEAT PUMPS! Now that would really suck if they weren’t made aware that that could happen. Just another thing to remember when renting in colder months.

Okay time to make dinner.
It will be simple and easy going. Dessert will be yummy Blueberry Lemon Loaf!

A’Burg Guy

The clubhouse has a number of fitness machines Kathie. Lu-Ann an I only go in if there is nobody else in the room. They provide Lysol wipes which we use to wipe down the equipment before and after we use it. We wear masks in but if nobody else sticks their heads in we wear them on our chins.
I remembered this clip from about 10 years ago Nancy. NASCAR’s Tony Stewart and F1‘s Lewis Hamilton did a “seat swap” at Watkins Glen. There’s a full length version (about 45 minutes) on YouTube too.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Porm5Wl1QMs

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
liam neeson lionsgate GIF by Cold Pursuit
SNOW PLOW just came through 5 times! Amazing. Of course, he plowed in our driveway that I cleared just before dinner!
I debated as to if I wanted to go out and clear all that snow off of the driveway. But if I didn’t do it tonight while it was stif FLUFFY and manageable it would be horrible in the morning.
So OUT I WENT and cleaned it off. It didn’t take too long. (This was at 11:30 pm. ) I must admit the guy sure did a GRAND job on the street! And he went over the cult sac at least 4-5 times so he wouldn’t totally block in those 3 houses.

I’m back on the couch and watching Jimmy Kimmel! LIFE IS GOOD!

Lee: Nice that not too many folks use the exercise area! Is there a inside pool in there? I’m thinking NOT!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Right up front, I'm going to be running tense for a while. My son-in-law in Arizona is now in the hospital. A week ago he, my daughter, and my granddaughter all got Covid. All unvaccinated. Daughter and granddaughter seem to be recovering. But son-in-law needed oxygen at home. Then his levels kept dropping yesterday and their doctor told them to get him to the hospital. And that's the way it is as of now. In my never humble opinion, I think their doctor is a quack. Because of some of the things he's told them and what medicines he's put the son-in-law on. We'll see how it goes.
----------------------------------------------------------
Kathi got out of using the snowblower yesterday. A couple of 10-12 year old neighborhood kids knocked on the door wanting to know if we wanted our walk and drive shoveled. SURE! It's so nice seeing kids getting their faces off their screens and were willing to earn some spending money.

How clever Lee, picking the Kansas City Chiefs because of our KC. How long before that Disney Run?

Before I met Kathi, I never knew how many different kind of car races there are, Nancy.

An old water heater in your basement for 2 years K2??? There's got to be a story here.

BB; Time for a safe, electric space heater is in need at your place.

Good choice in picking an Ohio team, the Bengals, Bill.

WOW KC, a simple routine check-up exploding into a $500+ bill. ALWAYS keep spare bottles of booze and wine around the house.
1f601.png

A real early doctor visit for the mother of 2 of our granddaughters made Kathi go over to their house already to babysit the girls until it's time she takes them to school, this morning.

Oh goody, another 3 inches of snow is forecast for us today.