Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits!
STILL HOPING THE OUR KAREN will stop in and say hello! I miss you girl.

We have a short HEAT WAVE going on this morning! 40F and Sunny. But it won’t last but a few more hours and then we DIP QUICKLY into the 20’s.

Waiting for the Shutter Lady to stop by any minute to install the one side window shutter that needed to get trimmed to fit. This house is so CROOKED I’m surprised that was the only one that needed a little extra adjustment!

Wow…I’m watching all the Spruce trees in the yard BLOWING around when the gusts of wind come through. That’s the same wind that will bring in the dip in the temps.

Gotta go. Shutter Lady just showed up.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Brrrrrr. That’s Canadian for “good morning from Florida”.
Already been to Publix and back.
Believe it or not, I don’t have much today.

Nice guy, he didn't charge us anything
A good guy for sure Dave. I didn’t “pack” long pants. I wore them on the way down.
We questioned that ruling for truck drivers too Kathie. We we’re already seeing some gaps on shelves at home. Here as well. And increased prices in both places.
About your culvert, it’s called bureaucracy Nancy.
Not all the laundry was G&E’s Pat. They did a couple of loads for us. ;) We can se why people generally aren’t pleased with The Springs but at least it helps limit guests I suppose.
We had a call from our friend who works at WDW. They wondered if we would like to go to The Art‘s Festival at EPCOT this evening. They got reservations so we’ll see how comfortable we feel in a crowd.
You all know what you need to do out there. Be safe.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
I agree with you Dave about just filling up when necessary regardless of the price. What really amazed me when the $3.05 price was available at a local gas station, there were several others within a 10 mile radius charging $3.25 and $3.45. I can just imagine the reaction of someone who just paid $3.45 and then passed a station charging $3.25 or $3.05. And frequently the stations posting such disparate prices were offering the same brand of gas. Not that brand loyalty is as much a thing as it was when I was much younger.
Weather person on TV yesterday mentioned that the water temperature in this
area was 70 degrees while the air temperature was in the 60s. Imagine going swimming just to warm up. :)
Forwarded mail is beginning to dribble in but it apparently is taking 10 or more days to get from Massachusetts to us in Florida. Of course the holiday on Monday may explain part of the delay.
Hard to believe that we have been here for almost three weeks and have yet to visit the pool, but the weather hasn't really been warm enough to make that an attractive option.
Finally made it through the Scott Turow book but it was very slow going compared to some of his earlier works.
I see that one of the newer networks is advertising a new Jack Reacher series. Don't know how it will be, but at least the actor in the lead role appears to bear a much better resemblance to the character than does Tom Cruise.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good late morning, everyone! Where has this morning gone????

Kathie - So how did you make out with the shutter lady? Did they get it right this time?

Lee - Are these temps more to your liking? :p LOL

Bill - Sorry it's taking so long for your mail to reach you. I'll be curious as to how long it will take G&E's mail to travel the 7 miles from their old house to here. We're still getting mail ffor M&J so who knows?

Dave - How's that icy snow clearing going? I don't miss and of that in the least.

Time to see about lunch and then I'll be back. Have a good day, gang!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon...I saw this sign on the bathroom stall that said for a good time check out the bunny board on cruise addicts.com....so here I am...;)
I have not read thru the 100+ pages since I was last here so I'll just start fresh & hope all is well with all the hutch mates...

I'm doing better...still have the cough...but then I've had it for 4 years so I'm pretty much used to it...ended up having to switch Medicare advantage plans because the one I signed up with doesn't have much in the way of facilities in my area...plus my eye Dr. who I love is not in the network...new insurance kicks in Feb. 1st so I will be doing some follow up testing after that to see what the heck is going on with the cough...I did find out I have COPD which didn't surprise me much since Larry pretty much smoked like a chimney...but the Dr. said it was very mild & since I don't smoke or hang out around smokers there was no treatment needed & it shouldn't get any worse...so that's about it on what's been happening in my little corner of Belleview....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
WOO HOO!!!! WE'VE GOT OUR KAREN BACK!!!!! Time to break out a bottle of wine!!!

Time for me to check out for tonight. Steaks are ready to go on the Grille to celebrate G&E selling their house. This is loving high on the hog on their money!!! LOL

See you all in the morning. Stay safe, fellow bunnies!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!
200.gif
You were more than missed!
LEE that BATHROOM SIGN you left in BUC’es worked!

PAT: The shutter lady was here in time and the shutter fit and looked perfect! I knew she would be back because I still needed to pay her the balance. Ha ha.

Our temps went from 43F to 23 F right now. The weather man told us it was going to happen and it did!

I made 4 Poppyseed rolls today and homemade Cream of Mushroom soup. Both turned out great!

Karen taken care of that cough and again so glad you’re back!
(We all took turns keeping your Cubbie clean)

Off to watch “MIND HUNTER” on Netflix. It a series and should keep us busy for 2 months!

Hope it warmed up in Florida.

A’Burg Guy

charlie brown peanuts GIF by niallycat

Me doing a Happy Dance because Karen is back! So glad you found your way back to us. :emoticon 0152 heart:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Be still my beating heart! So wonderful to see you back KC. I was beginning to worry. We've been friends for years and I was afraid that you didn't love us anymore. So it's a true DElight to see your return. Sure wish the doctors would find a cause and cure for that cough you keep having.

I'm starting off my day at the dentist. The appointment is for 8:20. An old crown in the back came off yesterday, and I'm hoping they can just glue it back on. That crown is so old, it's made out of gold. They don't do those anymore.

BB; So happy to hear that G&E's house sale is fully over with. Never completely over till after the closing. All snow clearing is done here, but the temperatures are getting colder and will be that way for quite a while. So there will be lots of snow on the ground until sometime in February.

Almost all houses are "crooked", K2. No matter how old or new they are. We usually find out where and how bad when we remodel.

So how'd you like The Art's Festival at EPCOT last night, Lee?

Looks like a lot of snow, wind, and cold temperatures is heading to your hometown, Bill. Good time to NOT be there.

Don't go into another room Nancy. You'll only find MORE shelves that need cleaned off.
1f601.png

JUST FOUND OUT; MY ARIZONA DAUGHTER, HER HUSBAND, AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER HAVE ALL HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID. ALL UNVACCINATED.

DAMN IT!!!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Sparkle Kitten GIF
Since I had to look up on the calendar to see if today was
Thursday, I thought I'd post it here!

DAVE: YIKES, you got up really early. Hope they get to save your old GOLD CROWN. You're right about that being REALLY OLD.
So sorry to hear about your daughter and her family having tested for COVID. But like what can you expect of non-vaccinated people. Hope they get better.

There was a famous singer, I can't remember his name right now, on TV yesterday that said his PERSONAL OPINION of what to do because of the hospital OVER CROWDING with COVID Patients was the following:
If they didn't get vaccinated and get the booster send them home to die! Yikes, a little harsh, but it sure would wake up some people about the need to get vaccinated. At lease then the folks who are sick with broken hips, heart attacks, lung issues, and folks that have had their surgeries CANCELLED could get taken care of. My Nephew is one of those people. His HIP REPLACEMENT was cancelled because there were no BEDS and he would have had to be an overnight patient. All because of UNVACCINATED people taking up all the beds here in our area. Sad.

It's 19F degrees here. Might get a SPRINKLE of snow sometime today, but the grass is clear of any right now.

Today I plan on doing nothing but crocheting. No appointments thank goodness. I just have to cook dinner.

That homemade Mushroom soup was REALLY GOOD last night. We have enough
left over for lunch. Never made that before but will do this recipe again. The poppyseed & nut roll turned out good. Only thing I would do different next time would be to leave out the "vanilla sugar" they said to put in. Just didn't like the taste of it.

You all behave and please WEAR YOUR MASKS.
I ordered our Govt issued Covid Test KITS. And can't wait to see how hard it will be to get the "2" free NK95 masks at a local pharmacy in a few weeks. I guess 2 free masks are better than NONE!

Be back later.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Ran 3 errands this morning so am done for the day. When I was at Publix I decided I want to fix cheese steak subs so looked at the steaks and they had a container of thin sliced rib eye for less than actual steaks so I got one and It looks like it will make nice subs. Weather here today is very nice, supposed to get to 78 so front and back doors are open. They say we may get rain late this afternoon, oh well.

"

Don't go into another room Nancy. You'll only find MORE shelves that need cleaned off. "

There are many shelves that I could really clean off and get rid of many things, but am sure that Bruce would get real mad at me if I did.

Daughter, Jennifer, called last night and one good thing was she said Bruce's sister was home from the hospital, even though she had Covid. With as many problems she has it was a very nice surprise that she is home. Am sure because she had the vaccines and booster and was taken in to the hospital so early that she was able to get home so quick.

All have a great day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Welcome back. KC. You have been missed.
Have an appointment this afternoon to go to the local tax collector's office for an interview for my TSA precheck application which I filled out on line yesterday. In the past it has been hit or miss as to whether or not I would get TSA precheck when we flew so it seems time to do something to guarantee I am not in that much longer line at airport security. Rita already has both precheck and global entry so she is always processed much quicker than me when my boarding pass does not have the TSA precheck notation on it.
Watched the latest episode of The Amazing Race last night and am having a difficult time finding one of the teams to root for.
Wrist band on my watch broke this morning so I need to find some place where I can get a replacement. Heard from Macy's that the pants that were ordered are "on their way" so that is good.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon from Bright & Beautiful Belleview!

Pat, What? G&E sold their house? Did they just spend major bucks a couple years ago re-doing the kitchen? You must be feeling like you have a revolving door on your house...one kid moves out & another one moves in...

Lee, welcome to Florida....sounds like your social life is going to be as active here as it is back home..

Kathie, your homemade mushroom soup sounds good...I love just about anything mushroom...glad the shutter lady showed up on time & got the shutters adjusted to your satisfaction...I have a set of those plantation shutters on my bedroom window...they really do a nice job of blocking out the light...

Dave, hope the dental visit goes as planned...but I'm doubtful it will, most dentists don't miss a chance to "upsell" their patients...
Prayers that your daughter & family recover quickly...

I see we have a new poster in the group since I was last here...hi Nancy...I'm Karen...been with this crazy bunch of people since about 2002 I think...have been lucky enough to have met them all & cruised with several of them...

Bill, hope the TSA interview goes well...if travel ever picks back up again for me I've thought about applying for it as well...when I was cruising & flying more I seemed to get pre-check quite often...now it rarely pops up...
I am rooting for Kim & Penn on TAR...I've followed them on FB for a number of years...

Not a whole lot going on around here...going out to lunch with the poolies on Sat. to celebrate Grants birthday....but I'm happy to hear they are finally considering going back to just cake & ice cream at the club house for birthdays...the lunch group for going out has gotten a little larger than just the regular group and with all the covid crap still going on I'd just as soon not go out & be around people outside my bubble..
For now I think I'm going to enjoy the nicer weather & do some reading on the porch...later gang!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Wrabbits. It's still 19F here in PURE MICHIGAN. But I'm not complaining since we don't have ANY SNOW YET!

I spent today BINGE WATCHING "DIRTY JOHN" episodes on Netflix. Other than the fact that the "Lady" character is a real DING BAT it's good so far. Not a deep story line, but they give you a few things to think about. If it stays on the same story line in the 2nd Season series, I'll dump it.

Then I'm going to give ARTIE a haircut. I hate doing it, but the man doesn't want to go to his barber who didn't have a mask on last time he was there. :oops:

New Year Hair GIF by Bewe Software
Ha Ha.

Karen lunch with the Poolies on Sat sounds like fun. Hope the food is good.

Off to make us some dinner. You all behave on here.

A’Burg Guy

As they say in Hawaii “howz it cousins“.
So good to see so much chat today!
Festival of the Arts was fun. We did our best to distance and except for the odd quick photo kept our N95‘s on. We did a scavenger hunt where you had to find Figment in famous works of art in every country in EPCOT. That took us every country. A fun time.
With today’s weather we headed to The Springs for a wander. Then into the pool. Thank you Belles for a ”Pure Florida” day!
Sorry to hear about your Arizona family Dave. But part of me finds it hard to have a lot of sympathy for the unvaccinated. Maybe you should send them a couple of Kathie’s t-shirts…
Kathie, that singer’s opinion may sound harsh but I’ve put forth that same thought. ‘nuff said. 77F here right now Kathie. And we have no snow either. I hope Art gives the barber a good tip!
As requested here’s a quick look at this year’s house.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhpj6apKlJE

This video is a little older. Most of the carpets have been replaced with tile. The interior has been freshly painted.

Oh ya Karen, lots of changes to our virtual family in the past little bit. I think we should have put together a Reader’s Digest version of the changes. Heck, Dave wanted to lease out your cubby but The rest of us said “NO”! We’re leaning towards Kim and Penn on TAR as well.
How are things going at Pat and Bert’s B&B? With the forecast temperatures that stew sounds like it would be a good addition to the menu again.
Those cheese steak subs sound pretty darned fine Nancy.
You know Bill, I think that with age should come some privilege. Like a simple enrolment in the TSA pre clearance programme. I’ve never had long pants on in FL as long as I have this trip. Not complain’ though.
Time to feed the pups. And us.
Have a fantastic rest of (I had to check back to Kathie’s post) this Thursday.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
TSA appointment was quick and painless, Lee. Had a 3:40 appointment and I was finished and back outside by 3:55. We'll see just how long it takes before I get my approval.
We found a new seafood restaurant in Vero and were
impressed with the quality of the food and especially at the quick service. No forwarded mail today and if we hadn't previously received a couple of pieces, I would be convinced that they have still been delivering our mail to East Bridgewater.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: Thanks for the nice video of your Condo rental. Nice looking place. The pool & hot tub look great. How HOT is the WATER IN the POOL? Anything less than 90F is too cold for Northerners! LOL
Good Day Swimming GIF by sharon-liu.com
ENJOY!

Hair cut is done, and I got a "THANK YOU", but NO TIP. Bummer. :emoticon 0101 sadsmile:

Good Nite gang!

A’Burg Guy

The pool is sitting at 92F and the spa goes up to 102F Kathie. I can only put my feet in the spa because since this heart procedure thing I’m not supposed to spend “too long” in a hot tub.
In and out of a government appointment in 15 minutes Bill? Clearly not the DMV. :p
G’nite from The Burg. Um, I mean G’nite from Kissimmee.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
One of life's pleasures; Bringing up the Bunny Board and seeing you again, KC.

As for my Arizona daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter; So far they all have mild cases of Covid. Tiredness, weakness, and feeling much like having the flu. All 3 of them have been put on about a half dozen medications to reduce its severity. We'll see. And quarantining at home. (I'm tempted to say, "NOW are you ready to get vaccinated???) But I won't.

I too am infuriated by unvaccinated people who clog up the hospitals by their selfishness.

It'll be sunny here today, but the temperature will peak at only 20. When we go grocery shopping it'll only be 10.

My crown was quickly glued back in place yesterday. It was not damaged nor was the tooth underneath it.

Speaking of The Amazing Race, we watch it too. Still haven't watched this week's recorded episode. I too have yet to pick a team to root for.