Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well it was not a great night of sleeping. For some reason my right knee is hurting real bad, reminds me of how it hurt before having the meniscus taken out because it was torn. Put a gel on and that did not really help so a few hours later put a cream that has Lidocaine on it it has helped a good bit so this morning put some more of that on. Guess I will need to walk as much as possible in this small house.

Have to say that we only watch regular network tv in the morning. Otherwise we watch reruns and some reality tv on cable channels. Also I watch Netflix during the day and the shows I watch are food and real crime shows.

The subs last night were okay but I won't be buying that thin sliced rib eye again. It did not take on any of the flavor of the spice mix I put on it. I will go back to buying a regular steak and slicing it myself as all the ones I have done before took on a nice bit of flavoring.

Bruce is off doing a couple of easy jobs. He did a lot of clearing out yesterday and filled 3 trash cans which have all been picked up. One real good thing that came out of his problem with his blood pressure going sky high and then all the problems with getting his levels with the Coumadin is he has really gotten into clearing things out and getting rid of a lot. And we really need to get rid of a lot as I know Jennifer does not want much. And I don't think either of the grandsons will want either.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning friends.
I’m sitting by the pool enjoying a coffee while Lu-Ann is doing her zoom PD choir. I think we’re headed to Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods in Doctor Phillips later on.
We don’t have kids Nancy. So the stuff we have will be up to my SiL to get rid of. Joke’s on her. We have a product called Muscle Mist that is amazing for aches and pains. All natural too!
Kathie, that is the spray you tried the year you and Art stayed by us in Davenport.
I have to agree Dave. It’s great to see our Karen back. When you said the temp will peak at 20 my mind did the Celsius to Fahrenheit thing. I’m thinking 70’s not bad. Then it dawned on me. That IS 20 Fahrenheit. I am glad that your Arizona family seems to have a mild case of Covid.
Emerald Island is really tightening up their policies Karen. They are even trying to prevent long term (60 plus days) rentals which has rental property owners up in arms. If I were a permanent resident I’d much prefer renters like Lu-Ann and I for 8 weeks vs a weekly turn over.
Do G & E have a longer drive to work from your place Pat? I hope all went well for the closing on their old place.
We have noticed a real increase in food and real estate prices here since 2020. It always makes me feel bad for people because I’m sure pensions, like at home, haven’t increased at the same rate.
I read that Belichick went to the Bill’s locker room after their game to sincerely congratulate Josh Allen on their win. A class move Bill.
I think I’ll check the propane tank and state of the BBQ. That may determine what we seek out at Joe’s and Whole Foods. Other than wine of course. ;)
All of you have a fantastic, safe day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning...a bit grey & gloomy here today...and chilly!

Lee, I agree a long term rental makes much more sense that a weekly turnover...but sadly I think some of the communites in florida are grasping at anything to try & stem the tide of covid...Lord knows our governer isn't concerned about it...

Dave, glad the dentist was able to just reattach the old crown..that's nearly unheard of these days...
Hopefully the Az crew will get vacinnated now, but mostly likely not since they will be "immune"

Need to make a Publix run here in a bit to pick up a gift card for the Birthday boy...and a few other odds & ends....enjoy the day all!

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Preferring short term to longer term rentals seems dumb Lee although somehow I suspect that the reason is that they probably can get more revenue from whatever fees they assess to each rental. If they are fearful of Covid, it would seem to make more sense to limit the number of turnovers rather than have new people coming in every week.
I thought that last night's episode of The Blacklist was a jumbled mess and perhaps the show has "jumped the shark". Just too confusing with the jumps back and forth in time. It seems that the writers are concentrating more on providing back stories for the various characters rather than establishing an interesting story line.
Not much on the agenda for today or the weekend except to probably watch some of the playoff games. Rooting for Josh and Tom to move on to the next level. For all his grumpiness, Lee, I think Belichick is pretty much a classy guy so it
doesn't surprise me that he would do what is reported.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, bunnies. Everyone ready for the weekend? It's going to start out wet here and then turn chilly once again. Sorry, Snowbirds!

Bill - We forgot all about Blacklist last night. Good thing I have it recorded.

Karen - Good idea going back to celebrating birthdays right there in your subdivision and not push things too much.

Dave - Sorry about those in your family that have covid and weren't vaccinated. Well, guess what - Our son in NC and his family all have covid right now too. Plus they also were not vaccinated! The one who has it worst is our DIL who is the pharmacist. She's got flu like symptoms. Where she works has already told her that the first day she doesn't have a fever, she needs to go back work. That's pure crazy!!!

Lee - That look like a really nice place you're staying at again this year. See any gators in the water behind you?

Nancy - had a lousy night's sleep also last night. I think I woke up and needed to go to the bathroom at least4 times. My butt is really dragging today.

Kathie - All I can say is that you and Art sure do watch a lot of TV in your house. Between the sports and Netflix, you're going to burn out the TV sooner or later.

Trivia last night was ok. We won a $20. gift card to the Grille, so all was not lost. It was a bit harder to do with the oxygen and a jacket in a wheelchair. Hopefully it will be better next time.

75 outside right now, so I might just go sit outside for a little bit before the invasion of everyone coming home. Have a great rest of the day and stay safe!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Saturday morning, Bunnies!

Not much to gab about this morning. Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Went grocery shopping and then just stayed home. Kathi made a potful of hot & spicy chili, and that was about it. (And yes, that's my breakfast this morning.) Oddly at the grocery store, there seems to have been a run on Bryer's ice cream. Very few flavors to choose from.

Kathi ordered those free home Covid tests.

It's all of ONE degree here this morning. So we're not going anywhere. My only goals for the day is first getting on the treadmill, then using the remote start to fire up my car that sits outside and letting it run for about 15 minutes.

Life in the fast lane.
1f601.png

Play it safe, have some fun, and eat something that's really good.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Mid-Morning Wrabbits! Very bleak outside and cold.
Here’s the coldest place in the USA yesterday. Wow.
1642866706333.png

Dave I don’t have much going on here either. Glad your dental visit went well for you.
Art can’t wait until Wednesday when hopefully he will get his new permanent front teeth. The ones the dentist RE-glued last week are loose again. It wasn’t a permanent glue, but Art thought it would’ve held tight a little longer.

Okay I’ll be back later. Need some HOT coffee right now.

Karen have a good time at the Birthday lunch.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Well using the cream with the Lidocaine worked and my knee is fine, now to get the left arm better.

We are overcast and I think have reached our high for the day of 67, supposed to rain later.

Dinner tonight will be salad, easy and good.

Don't have any plans for today.

All have a great day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Getting ready to head out for lunch in a bit...it's cold & damp here today & very over cast...I'd much rather snuggle down with the kittys & stay put...but oh well...it will be a nice time with friends I'm sure....catch up with you all later...

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Not much to report this morning. Golfers are out wearing long pants, jackets and hats so I have to conclude that we are experiencing another spell of chilly (not cold) weather. Slept in and didn't get up until about 10:30 perhaps because the gray skies made the dark room feel much earlier than it really was.
Got my TSA pre-check number in my email this morning. It may be taking the USPS 11 or more days to get our mail forwarded from home to here but the TSA is clearly on top of things and took less than 48 hours to process my application and assign me a "known traveler" ID.
If you get a chance to watch The Blacklist episode from the other night, BB, I'd be interested in whether or not your assessment agrees with mine.
Nothing on today's agenda although I may get a needed haircut today or definitely early next week.
To that governor who reversed school boards mask mandates because he believes that parents are the only ones who should decide how to protect their children's health, I'd ask does he not think that they should also be concerned about protecting the other children in school who will be in contact with their unmasked kids?
Okay, off the soap box.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone. Not a lot going on around here today. It's really chilly outside (54 here) and very grim. Good day to just curl up with a good book or a good movie.

Dave - I don't blame you for not going out today with that temperature you've got. Will the car start itself?

Nancy - Salad sounds like an easy fix. Elaine is making pizza for dinner tonight. Tomorrow we're having turkey. M&J are also coming for dinner. The holiday meal I missed out on!!

Karen - Enjoy lunch with your friends.

Bill - I see you just posted. I do agree with you about Blacklist. It will be interesting to see how this season progresses and whether they kill the series this year.

That's about all I have this morning. Hopefully, I'll make it back later. Have a wonderful Saturday, gang!!

A’Burg Guy

Well, add me to the group of people with not much going on.
We went to a Beall’s, HomeSense and JC Penny and my gosh they all looked like stores in a third world nation. LOTS of empty shelves, no staff to be seen. Quite a shock for this pasty legged guy looking for a simple pair of shorts…
I’m gonna go out and look at the pool because at 52F this guy isn’t getting in! Maybe I‘ll gaze out into the retention pond for gators.
You all stay safe, warm, dry. Any or all of the above will do.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi gang!

Karen how was the Birthday lunch! Hope it was yummy.
I’m right there with you about staying home and curling up.

I managed to put in a lot of time crocheting the Afghan I’ve been working on. Almost done! Thank goodness.

Lee: I dn’t think I’d be going into the pool either. It would have t be in the 70’s and higher for sure. Oh and SUNNY! Ha ha.

We finished watching the Netflix series called “HEADHUNTER“. As usual, they left you hanging at the end of the 2nd series. I looked it up and the next Episodes are on hold. Bummer. It was really really good watching it for the last few nights.

Art is watching the San Francisco 49’ers vs Green Bay Packers. Sure looks freezing cold in Green Bay. Fans are all bundles up.

Negc: Nice to see you are staying busy. Good for you getting those TSA Pre-check authorization.
Hope you are wearing your MASKS when you two are in crowds. Hate to see you catching the virus!

We had the Pot Roast w/ veggies and home made gravy from the juices and I must say it was a nice hearty meal. All it could have used was some nice crusty bread. Oh well, can’t do it all.

BB: How nice that you'll finally get to enjoy a Turkey dinner since you missed out.

I’m signing off for the night.
GOTTA DO BILLS NOW!

Lee: Art asked if you and Lu-Ann are going to the Blueberry Wine place any time soon? I told him I wasn’t sure it was open right now. Maybe you can shed some light on that or BB?

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning, Bunnies!

Looks like a quiet day for everyone yesterday.

Oh goody, a "winter weather advisory" is in effect for us this morning till late afternoon. So what's that mean? More snow. How much? 2-5 inches. We'll see. Lower 20's for a high temperature today. (Making you homesick Lee?
1f914.png
)

That dog getting so excited watching the game is SOOO funny, K2.

In answer to your question about my "remote start" for my car, BB
"Will the car start itself?" ; The answer is yes. The start button to fire up my car is on a fob. So I can just stand inside our house, push the button, and the car outside starts running. It'll run for 15 minutes and then automatically shut the car off, unless there is a key put in the ignition.

We finally got around to watching the last episode of "The Amazing Race" yesterday. And yes I have picked a team I am now rooting for. The older Indian Dad and his daughter. Why? Just because he is a nice older fella.

Once again, I'm having Kathi's hot & spicey chili for breakfast. But I made an addition to it yesterday. Added a whole bunch of very small little pieces of beef jerky to it.

Take care my friends. And looking forward to reading all your posts today.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning everyone.
It seems no matter where you are this morning it’s chilly. Not to be confused with Dave’s breakfast of chili.
It may be 45F here but it’s 25F and snowing back in The Burg. I pick here.
No gators yesterday Pat but we did see a family of wild pigs on the other side of the water. The community is beside themselves trying to humanely get rid of them if the can.
True Blue is open Wednesday through Saturday Kathie. Once things warm up a tad we’ll hook up with Pat and have a glass or three of Crazy Good. Great video!
Interesting outcomes in yesterday’s playoff games. Perhaps the swan song for some and the beginning of the road to success for others.
Seems like Ava would like to go for a walk.
I‘ll pop back later.
You all know the drill!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, gang! What is wrong with this picture? - It's 45 degrees here at 9:49 AM and I am the only one up in the entire house. Even with the heat on I am so cold!!!

Haven't got much to say this morning, so I'll come back later when I do have something to talk about. Have a wonderful dat all. Keep warm!!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Late morning.

Best football KICK of the season last night. Congrats to SF for the Big Win!
Bye, Bye Rogers! Karma at it’s best! Ha ha

Light Misty Fine snow earlier. All Gone now! Whew!
Well at least for now! Funny and 22F here!

Lee: Thanks for reminding me the name of the Winery. TRUE BLUE. How could I forget.

BB: Keep that furnace on girl. We don’t want you freezing. I saw that Christine and her Mom were at Disney early this morning. They looked like they were dressed to go SKIING! Ha ha.

Karen how was the Birthday get together? Stay warm!

Out of here for now!

You know the drill: Just do it!

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Watched both football games yesterday and couldn't decide whether I was rooting for Jimmy G or against Aaron Rogers. Definitely glad SF won in less than ideal weather conditions. Did feel sorry that Mike Vrabel's team lost even though we had Burrow for our QB in our fantasy league and had some favorable feelings towards him. Vrabel had a great career when he played for the Pats and I believe his son plays football for BC. (that's Boston College, Lee, not British Columbia. :)
Today's games
should be interesting and will be rooting for #12 and for Josh Allen in their respective contests. A win by both teams would improve the chances for an ultimate contest between Tampa and Buffalo. I suspect that Lee will also be rooting for both unless he has concluded that in a battle between Brady and Allen, the Bucs would easily win.(how's that for Trash Talk?)
Another gray day that made it difficult to get out of bed, though it is supposed to clear by this afternoon. Considering the weather conditions back home, we have no reason to complain.