Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Kathie, not sure how you managed it but we did get a little drizzle of rain tonite...Thanks...:emoticon 0100 smile: And no...I'm sure it isn't covid...not feeling sore or achy....just a cough...and super tired....I may do the vicks treatment tonite & see if that helps any....See you all tomorrow!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
VICKS IS THE BEST! A shot of NyQuil and get under the covers and SWEAT IT OUT of your system!
Karen: So glad the rain made it down there so quickly! I sent it Fex-X SAME DAY EXPRESS! :D:emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Watching a football game in San Francisco and you can see it at times if the camera is at the right angle and it looks like a bathroom shower downpour. Wow! Dropping the ball a lot!

Lee: All the BEST on your Zapping Monday - Friday morning’s. Nice part is it shouldn’t hurt! Think positive and let’s pray it shrinks the problem!
Those meatballs sound yummy.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Welcome to a new week, you old farts.
1f61b.png

Covid booster shot accomplished. With Moderna's being only half a shot I'm hoping that there's half the chances of getting the side effects. So far, not even a sore arm.

Not sure why on this booster they wanted 4 things; Insurance card, medicare card, driver's license, and the vaccination card of shots 1 & 2. (This booster was listed as shot #3.) Of course when we got there they only wanted the vaccination card and your medicare card.

One older lady was there for her first shot. Since she showed up not wearing a mask, I'd say she needs it.

So happy to see your post KC. Not happy that your cold is kicking your butt. For the next few days force yourself to take work days off and rest. Catch up on your reading and some TV shows. 3 of those ice cream flavors were not in my gift package, but sound interesting.

Cool video Lee. Neat seeing real and cartoon cars. And I can say with confidence that the rest of us Bunnies want daily updates on how you are feeling while you are doing your cancer treatments.

You do like to feed a crowd, don't you BB? Great costumes. Lots of detail.

Ah yes K2, that Ohio State game was such a nail biter right to the end.
1f60f.png
I've always wondered how fish can taste so good, but stink up the house when it's cooked.

Nothing much on our agenda today. If we weren't out, I'd have shrimp cocktail for breakfast like I did yesterday. I could get used to that.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning Folks!
I was so quick at the horsepiddle this morning that I almost passed my self coming in as I was heading out! One session down, nineteen to go. Lu-Ann and the pups came along for the ride, then to Starbucks, The Navy Yard and home. "Princess" Ava pretty much refused to go in the back yard when it was raining.
How you feeling today Karen? I'm surprised that Dr. Kathie didn't prescribe a hot toddy! Or is that Dr. Pat? I think that they both have excellent credentials from the Publix Liquor Store School of Medicine.
Crazy all the stuff they say you need and what you really need for that booster Dave. I have to contact our Health Unit and see if Lu-Ann and I are considered a high enough risk to get a third poke! With all the money our health care system has put into me the past 6 months or so I would think that they would like to protect their investment! Shrimp Cocktail. Not just for dinner anymore.
Kathie, those meatballs are always yummy. I got the recipe from one of the first Giada DeLaurentiis cook books we bought. They are always a treat. As are the parm fricos.
Today is games day. I guess that's a good idea on a rainy day.
A good game for The Pats yesterday Bill. The GOAT had a pretty good day too!
Back to my regularly scheduled chores! You all have a safe and fantastic Monday!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning and attention WalMart shoppers: CHRISTMAS IS 2 MONTHS FROM TODAY!
Now that I have your attention ...

We too had a bit of rain overnight, but not enough. Today we're supposed to get more, but until I see it, I won't believe it.

Karen - Good idea taking it easy for a couple of days. The old saying is that a cold takes 7 days coming, 7 days active, and 7 days going. Using Vicks and making yourself a hot toddy of tea, lemon, honey and whiskey should help to move this along. Heck, if you drink enough of the hot toddy, you won't feel a thing!! LOL

Lee - How could I not recommend a hot toddy to someone? Speaking of the Publix Liquor store, we are actually getting one right in the shopping plaza by us nest to Publix. We used to have to drive to the one at Celebration, if they had something we wanted. Now it will be so convenient! ;)

Dave - Shrimp cocktail for breakfast really sounds good. Actually, I'd take shrimp cocktail any time of day. It's one of my favorites, but I haven't made it for a while now. Might have to change that very soon!

Good for you getting your booster. Bert had asked a pharmacy tech about it the other day and she told him that it hadn't been approved yet. He was going to argue with me this morning that we can get it NOW. That man is so stubborn at times!! I especially want to get it asap as it wasn't until the end of the evening last night that we found out that Jimmy's friend and his family have not been vaccinated! That really upset us, being we are older. They both think they have had Covid already, as he does the same work as Jimmy and is around fire houses all the time. His wife also feels she had it due to her job. Could be, but I wish they had said something. We never got that close to each other and were outside most of the time, so hopefully we will be ok.

Kathie - Don't you just hate when it's time to pull out all the plants? Sure sign winter is on it's way. Sorry about all that rain you're getting right now. It could be worse though - It could be the "S" word!
I didn't see any football, but Gary & the boys were in the house watching the Tampa Bay game while we sat outside.

I don't remember who asked, but Missy did Jennifer's makeup. She'll do it all over again on Sunday. Well, if I want to make this a real morning post, I guess it's time for me to get off here. Might go to WalMart and get that Christmas shopping started. Ha Ha!! Be safe, everyone!:smilehn:

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Went and got our our booster shot and flu shot earlier. Had to wait for an hour and a half before our turn came up. It was worth it though to finally be all done. Missy went this morning for her vaccine and flu shot, so outside of the kids, we're all done! While we were waiting, we roamed around Publix and ended up spending $46. on things I saw that I had been wanting that Bert insisted he couldn't get or he'd get wrong things. While we were in Publix it poured. By the time we came out, the sun was shining again.

I'm so glad we're having leftovers tonight. I don't think any of us is in the mood to cook! I'll probably even go to bed early tonight as I really am tired today. :sleepey smile:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LEE & Lu-Ann! Wishing you many, many more!
Happy Anniversary Cheers GIF
Enjoy!

HI GANG! We're busy finishing up the ARK!
boat GIF

It's now been raining here for 24 hours straight. And not just a drizzle. The CREEK would handle a RCCL ship right about now!

It was a perfectly gloomy day, not to mention WET, and I baked us a BEER BREAD. Used self-rising flour for the 1st time for bread. Also, used a whole bottle of Heineken beer. It actually tastes pretty good. But it crumbles easily. It will go good with dinner tonight.

PAT: How absolutely inconsiderate of "M&J's Guests" to come into YOUR house and not tell you they didn't have the shots and REALLY didn't know if they ever had the Covid. Guessing that they had it just doesn't count in my book. They should have gotten TESTED. But if they aren't even vaccinated then why would I think they would bother to get tested. Amazing how some people JUST DON'T GET IT .... YET! Glad you got your Boosters! Rest up and I hope your arm doesn't hurt. We didn't have any side effects when we got our boosters.

LEE: I give you a TON of CREDIT taking the pups to the Navy Park to do their business on a WET, COLD and gloomy day. You guys are supper parents to these pups.
Glad the 1st treatment was a breeze. Have they said anything about any "side-effects" ? Let's hope there are NONE.
You need to get one of the Cruise Countdown clocks on your Signature line and count-down the days left of treatments. (Just a idea to throw out there) Now just try and rest up a tad after each treatment. You're not SUPERMAN!

FYI: I did mention to Karen to use some Nyquil. So that still counts as Medical advice! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: I don't want you to think I was slacking off on my side job!

KAREN: Hope you are resting and getting better. Just make sure to go see a doctor if it feels like it's in your lungs. Don't want to mess with pneumonia!
Feel Better Get Well Soon GIF by Chippy the Dog

So here's a little story for you all! TRUE STORY!

I ordered a Pkg of "Jockey Ladies Undies" online. (something I don't do very often at all) The sale price was 35% off and free shipping. I can't run up to Kohl's in my car and get that kind of bargain.
So the Pkg came today. (fast service) I opened it and knew as I held up the "undie" it was the wrong size. I'm not a small gal, but these were just WAY TOO BIG.
I call the number on the invoice and this nice lady credited my Visa card and asked if I wanted to get a smaller size. YUP.... I did! She gave me all the same discounts and free shipping and a Confirmation number too. I asked her how I should ship the WRONG size "undies" back and she said: "We don't take them back, but if you want donate them to someone who can use them"! LIKE WOW.....how many times has that ever happened in my lifetime? Absolutely ZERO!
SO BUY JOCKEY underwear and know they are a very customer service
orientated company.

DAVE: When you got the Ice Cream that was packed in Dry ICE was it hard or soft? I might want to check out some of those flavors one day and just wanted to know how good it was when it made it to your porch!

I'm off of here for now. Got dinner all planned and prepped, so now I get to watch a early NEWS show. Hate to hear how long this RAIN is going to keep coming down! I must say the WIND has picked up here too.

Later gang!

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

You're not SUPERMAN!
Actually Kathie, I’m Batman.
bat signal batman GIF by Tech Noir

The ground here is saturated! Lots of localized flooding. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. “Fourtyonederful” years. And that pales to the married years some of you can boast.
What those people did to you Pat is just plain WRONG! You and Bert have taken such care to stay safe. Publix is actually quite clever. There was really no wait but by letting you think there was they knew you would spend money while there.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Lee, Happy Anniversary to you and LuAnn.We are definitely on for our annual wager on the Bills vs the Patriots, although if you watched the Pats dismantle the Jets yesterday you may be reconsidering your participation. Of course that was the Jets and the Bills are certainly a different story. Should be a couple of good games. I can almost taste those M&Ms. LOL
K2- the place in Vero is about a mile or so from where Rita's and my folks had their places. We checked there but didn't find anything available. You are right about the outrageous prices but the ones you quoted make what we are paying seem quite reasonable. Our friends stay at an RV park a few miles away and we will be a bit farther north on 95 than where we were last year. One of the problems of the place where we stayed last year is that to get on or off North Hutchinson Island we had to cross a drawbridge which seemed always to be in, going to, the UP position when we were going or coming.
Those were great costumes and makeup, BB. Loved the broken doll look.
You are correct about the Lincoln Highway, Dave. According to the young boy in the story, it is the highway that crosses the country and begins in Times Square in New York and ends in San Francisco. It is a collection of very interesting characters and their stories and interactions. I haven't finished it yet but I can strongly recommend it based on what I have read so far.
Gray and rainy today and the next few days promise even more of the same.
If our new home had a fireplace, now would be the perfect time to huddle up in front of it.

Last edited:

Negc

Chief Security Officer
BB, meant to tell you that I have read a number of Harlan Coben's books in the Myron Bolitar series. I like him. Speaking of books, the recent shooting situation involving Alec Baldwin reminded me of the plot of one of Stuart Wood's "Teddy Fay" series of books, involving a prop gun in a movie shoot containing live rather than blank ammunition. In that story, however, it turned out not to be accidental. Life imitating art instead of the other way around?

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Just wanted to add my good wishes to Lee & LuAnn....wishing you both many more happy years together!!

Mostly laid around & did nothing today, except for spending 50 minutes on the phone with Amanda....but she did most of the talking so it was ok....now I'm off to fix a cup of decaf coffee with baileys & have a slice of pumpkin roll...it's as close to a hot toddy as I have ingredients for....back in the morning...

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
You may remember my grumblings about all the new extra-cost TV channels. Well now as I understand it one of them is taking one of our favorite TV shows, ("Seal Team."), from CBS and putting it strictly on Paramount Plus. NOOO we are not going to pay extra for just one show. This all starts November 1st.

Happy belated anniversary, Lee. I would hope that the Canadian health care system would put you toward the front of the line for a booster shot. Like you said, they have a large investment in your bod. Happy that your medical session went quickly yesterday. No side effects, I'm guessing.

Pleased to read that you and Bert got your booster, BB. What nerve Jimmy's friend and his family has to show up to a large gathering and not be vaccinated. I'd bet that they didn't wear masks either.

Lucky you getting to not have the bother sending back the wrong sized underwear, K2. I'd bet they don't want back the wrong size they sent you because some people would send them back after trying on the undies. That ice cream that was shipped with dry ice was as hard as if you'd just pulled it out of your freezer.

How neat Bill that the "Lincoln Highway" book you're reading is the one running through town. It was one of the east/west roads that were used more before they built the interstates. Tons of little hotels along that route.

Good show KC for standing down on large activities for a while. Nothing wrong with Baileys in coffee. It would be a great way to start the day, too.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Morning Goog GIF
Good Morning Wrabbits!
Karen, Hope you continue to rest and enjoyed that coffee with Baileys in it. Hope it helped you sleep last night! Wouldn't hurt to have one THIS MORNING TOO. That way you might just chill out a little more today!

BILL: When we stayed on Longboat Key they had drawbridges on both ends of the island and then if you went off on the North side there was a extra one that catered to all the fancy big Sailboats! They were on a schedule, so if you had a list of the openings you could avoid some delays. If you went off the South side of LBKey you only had to deal with one drawbridge. They built a huge HIGH beautiful bridge connecting to Sarasota to avoid other delays.
You guys are smart to have found a place away from Hutchinson Island to save you that wait time when venturing out.
By the way Bill.... I had 2 of those little Trick or Treat bags of M&M's last night and thought of the days when we all did Football betting! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
candy omg how can you not like them GIF
Good luck taking the "Canadians" this time around!! Ha Ha

Tell Rita I said hello. Hope she is enjoying her new home..... finally!

Lee: I want you to know that when I got up at about 5:45 A.M. I thought of you already up and getting ready to leave for your ZAPPING! Bless you. I was able to crawl back into bed and fell asleep. Your DAYS are going to be long ones for awhile. Hopefully, you'll think about a "Mid-Morning" nap. :emoticon 0100 smile:

Well, this morning is SUNNY and NOT RAINING.... so far! A welcomed change from ALL that constant rain yesterday. It's only 45 degrees out there now, so the SUNSHINE is
deceiving BIG TIME.
Art went on his bike ride this morning and most likely will come home looking like PART OF THE MUDDY DIRT ROAD his gang rides on. YUK!

DAVE: Thanks for the heads up on the ICE CREAM. Amazing that the dry ice can keep the ice cream so hard. The way our deliveries have been around here lately I think it might be 'soupy' by the time it got here! :eek:

PAT: Hope you have a good day girl. Too bad the Covid is around and delaying cruises. You and Bert could get away from the "gang" for a few days and get some well needed rest by going on one of those 3-4 day cruises. I think you said you have one planned with G&E, but I can't remember when it was. Later next year.

Not sure what I'm doing today AFTER I WASH THE KITCHEN FLOOR. Always a good time to do that when Art is out biking. I should drag out my knitting and finish up a afghan I started last year. It's that time of year to do "keep busy" projects! I'll miss being outside with my flowers. :(

You all behave and keep up with the DRILL: Wash your hands a lot, use sanitizer, wear your MASKS in the stores and crowded areas and hopefully our 'extended family' will be okay!

LATER!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! Our rain from yesterday is now history and we are once again having a beautiful day with temps in the mid 80s. Too bad the humidity is high and making it feel sticky.

Lee - I wished you and Lu-Ann a happy anniversary yesterday on FB, but forgot to say it here too, so a belated happy anniversary here from Bert & I. Did you do anything special on your special day?

Karen - My advice to you is to skip the coffee and just drink the Bailey's straight!! LOL

Kathy - The cruise we have booked with G&E is the end of February. It'll be over our anniversary. We've thought about doing a 3 or 4 day one soon, but things are too complicated right now what with the holidays ready to roll in on us. Speaking of holidays, Bert & I have decided to stay home by ourselves for Thanksgiving! It's our choice as we're invited to Elaine's family Thanksgiving and also to Jimmy's sister's for dinner. We'd rather have a quiet laid back day this year.

Bill - The Lincoln Highway ran right through Jersey City and we often traveled on it. At the time I didn't know how far it actually went. In a kid's mind it was a local road, period!

Dave - No, Jimmy's friends did not wear masks. That's part of why we didn't question them as to being vaccinated. We all just took it for granted that they had gotten their shots. Should have known though ... They live in St Cloud where all the repubs live and no one wears masks when they go anywhere.

I'm getting a bit of "ME" time right now. Bert just went with Missy to pick up the rest of what we need for the fajitas tonight. G&E will also be coming over. Missy will be making dinner, so once again, I don't have to cook! :bigsmilehn:

I haven't had any reaction from the booster shot yesterday, but Bert did. He was getting severe chills to the extent that he had to put our really heavy afghan on the bed to warm up. Same thing happened last time. I think with all the meds I take helped to keep a reaction away.

I think I'm going to get off here now and relax and enjoy this little bit of "ME" time before they come back. You all behave and keep up with the DRILL: Wash your hands a lot, use sanitizer, wear y. our MASKS in the stores and crowded areas and hopefully our 'extended family' will be okay!.
I stole that from Kathy, as I was too lazy to type the same thing!! :happyhn:

A’Burg Guy

Happy Rainbow GIF

Nope Dave, no side effects at all.
Thanks again folks for all of your good wishes.
Finally stopped raining and that's a good thing. Back grass is still too wet to cut. Maybe tomorrow.
"Me time" is always good Pat.
Bert & I have decided to stay home by ourselves for Thanksgiving!
May I suggest nice turkey sandwich from Panera...
Well Kathie, Little Katie, one of the young kinesiologists at rehab, asked if I had been following The Lions games. I said with a wink "I didn't think they had a team this season." She threw a towel at me. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
Which brings me to our wager Bill. After that stoopid 4th and goal call by The Bills at the end of their last game (they had a bye this past weekend) I was just shaking my head...
How are you feeling today Karen? Hopefully the Bailey's did the trick. If not I prescribe another course of the same but skip the decaf...
I have to swap out the old shower head for one of the hand held ones. The downside of not picking our own fixtures. That master bath has one but the other bath just has a head. I stopped at HD this morning between my two things and picked up an inexpensive one.
I think I'm going to get off here now and relax and enjoy this little bit of "ME" time before they come back. You all behave and keep up with the DRILL: Wash your hands a lot, use sanitizer, wear y. our MASKS in the stores and crowded areas and hopefully our 'extended family' will be okay!. I stole that from Kathy, as I was too lazy to type the same thing!! :happyhn:
And I stole that from Pat and Kathie.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
50 degrees and still dry here in Pure Michigan!

PAT: Good taking that "ME TIME" break. I'm doing the same right now and posting on here to unwind from washing the kitchen floor, and the 3 bathroom floors. Hate that job big time.
I sweep first and that just adds to my grief even more! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:
Good for you having Thanksgiving Dinner by yourselves in your own house. I'd go with the Panera Turkey Sandwich idea that Lee suggested! Will the Grille be having dinners on Thanksgiving. If you don't want to eat inside the Grille you could have Bert get a CARRY-OUT from them.

Funny you mentioned having Fajitas tonight. I was thinking of making a big NACHO w/ground beef on it for us tonight. But by the time I buy all the stuff to put on it we could go over to this Serbian guy that owns a (get this) Mexican Restaurant and just order it there. And I could get a nice Margaretta made w/fresh squeezed lemons and not the syrup stuff some places use. Yup.... that sounds like a reward for cleaning this house today. Ha Ha.

Lee: Nice to know that the young "Katie = Kinesiologists" follows the Detroit Lions. They showed the most hope of ever winning a game this past weekend..... and then blew it at the end. Amazing those players actually get paid MILLIONS to keep losing every week. Cut their pay and they might just shape up and play good football. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:
I bet if you talked to your doctors that sent you for the Radiation treatments they might be able to get you in for that Booster. Ask them to get Lu-Ann in while they're at it. Tell them you want to feel extra safe if you do have to have any surgery in the future. Remember: "The squeaky wheel gets the GREASE"! And in this case it would be the "Booster". If you don't ASK you'll never know what the answer is.

DAVE: You hit the nail on the head about the reason they don't want those UNDIES back. I didn't need to try them on. I just held one up and knew from looking at it that it wasn't going to work! Ha Ha

I have both ovens on "SELF-CLEAN" right now and need to open the window and doorwall to get some of the smell out of the area. It's not a ugly bad smell..... just smells like you're doing a major oven cleaning. Thought if I'm doing one I might as well do both of them at the same time.

breaking news dog meme GIF by Mike Diva

My brother who lives not far from us just called and said: "Hello Neighbor"??? I couldn't figure out what he was talking about.
He and his wife just got back from PURCHASING 'Niches' at the same cemetery that we just bought our plots at. Hence, the "Neighbor" remark! Unlike his sister they will be cremated and thought it would be nice for all our children if we were in the same cemetery! I laughed and said .... "We can only hope they'll stop by every so often"! Anyways, I thought it was nice that he thought enough to be at the same place as we will be.

Now get back to your regular scheduled programs! News Break is over! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Lee, good to hear the treatments are going well....and the staff seems to have a good sense of humour!
And 40 yrs with the same spouse is no small feat these days....nice going to you both!

Pat, I am just amazed at the lack of common sense people have these days....no mask & no vaccine in someone's home you don't know that well is just stupid!
Sounds like a nice quiet Thanksgiving for you & Bert...

Dave. your breakfast choices never fail to have me shaking my head...not a fan of shrimp in any form & for sure not for breakfast!

Kathie, I think dinner out with a nice adult sounds like the perfect reward for all your cleaning today!

Baileys & Decaf seemed to be a good combination...I did not wake up till nearly 9am!! And if it wasn't for the phone waking me up who knows how long I would have slept....not very good at this do nothing routine, but hopefully with practice I will get better...:smilehn:
Tonite we have an HOA meeting to present next years budget to the community...and tell them about the increase in dues...should be a lively meeting...

I think I'm going to get off here now and relax and enjoy this little bit of "ME" time before they come back. You all behave and keep up with the DRILL: Wash your hands a lot, use sanitizer, wear y. our MASKS in the stores and crowded areas and hopefully our 'extended family' will be okay!. I stole that from Kathy, as I was too lazy to type the same thing!!
Stolen from Kathie, Pat & Lee...
:minion duck:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Hello again....back from the HOA meeting....had a very good turn out & the meeting went well...but I found out some information tonite that has me kind of bummed...I thought I had 2 more years on the board but found out tonite that because of a death on the board a couple years ago people got shuffled to different positions...and the former vice president is who should be up for re-election or replacement this year....the president asked me if I would consider running...but I don't really want to do 4 yrs on the board...if it comes down to no one else running I would consider it...but we have some new people in the community so I think someone will step up...and with that I'm off to have my night cap & a piece of carrot cake!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hiya, Hiya, Hiya!

Not much to yak about this morning.

The newest flavor of my ice cream stash is, "Lemon And Blueberries Parfait". Sometime today I'll grab my soup spoon and try it out. After that, only one more flavor to go.

I'm glad that the Bailey's helped you weather your cold KC. I've got a 3 pack of mini bottles in the frig. I always get a kick by what it says on each bottles label, to drink it while you are relaxing on the sofa.

K2 & Lee, after your praises of Panera turkey sandwiches I might just have to try one. What's on them....besides turkey?

BB; With all the visitors and boarders, you and Bert deserve a nice quiet Thanksgiving.

Yesterday it was soggy around here and only in the mid 40's. Today it'll be dry and in the mid 50's.

That's it from me this morning.

Do what K2, BB, Lee, and KC told you to do.
1f601.png