Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Kathie - I saw that too the other day on FB. It would be a lot of work. You'd have to stick a tooth pick through each piece and then stick it into a styrofoam Christmas tree form. Very pretty, but too much work. Better to just lay it all out on a board and let them all have a go at it!!

Karen - Glad your head feels a bit better today. Keep taking those meds. Go soak up some vitamin D by sitting outside for a little while in this beautiful weather. You can burn that cold right out of you!

I haven't talked to Joanne in a couple of weeks, so I think that's what I'm going to do now, if she's home. You never know with her on a Friday afternoon. She likes to go out for lunch with her girls on Friday, if they are available. Time to see what's happening in NC.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Where in the "H-E-double hockey sticks" does a day go?
Mine started, as usual, around 5:30 am. Feed the pups, family Dr appointment, flu shot, walk the dogs, cut the grass, 30 minutes on the stationary bike, have lunch, go grocery shopping, walk the dogs and finally home with a nice coffee.
So, what's "UP" with all of you?

carl fredricksen disney GIF

Have a good gab with Joanne Pat! So, will $10 get you a glass of wine at The Grille? I HATE all of the junk emails we get. I usually trash them into the junk folder. I've heard that if you try to unsubscribe they know they have a live email address and continue to bombard you!
The Blacklist. Sadly a couple of seasons back we stopped watching it because it deviated so far from the original premise. I do like James Spader. He had a lot of hair in 1986's "Pretty In Pink" playing opposite Molly Ringwald.
Sorry about the cold you brought home from MD Karen. Was it from MD or flying through the sky in that aluminum tube Dave mentioned? I had to look up The gummy Bear song. I'm laughing too!

Okay, I've rambled on way too long. Enjoy your day folks.
Kathie, normally I'd leave the smart a$$ed reply to Tony... How lucky that Jill has a job that she loves! That is so rare these days. A hard worker like her Mom and Dad. One could say she is a "chip" off the old blocks. She could save time and water if she showered with her scrubs on. We stopped collecting all of the plastic containers that stuff comes in. Like you we had so much of it and it was so old it was getting sticky. We have good Rubbermaid plastic containers that don't contain BPA. They can be washed on the top rack of the washer and reused time and time again. Yes, my nose poke was for naught. I'm negative.
It will be interesting to see what happens to your BoSox tonight Bill. Maybe they got all of the silly errors out of their system the other night. I should ask if we are on for our annual Bills / Patriots one M&M wager vs the Wednesday spread coming up December 6 and 26?
How much "stuff" came home from the market today Dave? I bet you can't match that ice cream that your daughter sent you! Do "Locks of Love" ever send a picture of the wig that they make from your donated hair? I do commend you sir for sticking with it to make life a little better for a little person.
Well now, look at that. My coffee is gone and it's a quarter to wine, I mean five.
As always my friends, all of you PLEASE stay safe and sound. Masks on, hands washed and socially distanced from people who you don't know where they've been or who they hang out with!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Saturday morning, Bunnies!

NUTS! Kathi got an E-mail from RCCL concerning our 7 day April cruise. It's still on, but they have taken Key West off our list of ports of call. (And it was the one we looked forward to the most.) Here's how they explained it;

"The government of Grand Cayman is not accepting cruise ships so, we’ve replaced George Town with Costa Maya, Mexico. Regrettably, this impacts our visit to Key West, Florida because of its distance from Mexico. Instead, we’ll visit Bimini, Bahamas."

Happy that you are feeling a bit better, KC. If your brother really likes ice cream, he'll like Jeni's. I'm starting my next flavor, "Brambleberry Crisp" What the heck is that you may ask, as I did. Here's what it says on the container; "Oven toasted oat streusel with sweet-tart brambleberry jam of blackberries and blackcurrants layered throughout vanilla ice cream." All I know is that it's tasty.

BB; You really have my sympathies on trying to find things that Jimmy can eat. We have one daughter in law who has to eat gluten free. And on the rare occasions that she eats here cooking for her can be a pain.

Jill is so lucky to have a job now that she really really likes, K2. Most people aren't that lucky. They just show up for the money.

Good for you getting that flu shot, Lee. But in the past year you probably often felt like a pin cushion. If I remember correctly, it takes 10 to 20 ponytails to make a single wig.

Other than picking up a prescription it's another stay at home day. Too cold to be out anyways. 40's and lower 50's.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning!
A little rain to start the day. Yesterday’s recycling finally got picked up a tad before 7:00 this morning!! I hope people were awake as the bin men don’t even try to be quiet. :mad:
That’s not even a fair trade in ports of call Dave. But there’s always that “subject to…” clause on everything these days. According to a news article it seems a lot more Canadians were growing their hair out during the past 18 months and donating their locks to organizations making wigs for kids and adults. An upside to the whole Covid thing.
We're having people for lunch tomorrow. :eek: I’m doing a simple spaghetti and turkey meatball lunch. Normally I’d make the pasta too but for tomorrow I’m just making the meatballs.
Another week or so and it will be much lighter in the mornings as we fall back an hour on November 7. That only means it gets darker that much earlier in the evenings.
Enjoy you Saturday. I’ll do my best to catch up with you all later.
Behave!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
AND NO, LEE, I WASN'T SLEEPING. I WAS WRITING THIS POST!! :p

Good morning, everyone! Thanks, Dave, for reminding us what day it is. ;)

Lee - You never cease to make me laugh with your posts. I like your picture from "UP". Would you believe that was the last movie that Bert & I saw in a theater. After that, nothing excited us enough to go to the movies again. Now I have that movie saved on our TV. Only cartoon movie that ever made me cry!

Dave - So share with us any interesting things you saw or might have bought at the grocery store yesterday. There had to be something. That stinks that your itinerary has changed. Key West is always one of my favorite ports. We could drive there anytime, but it's just so much nicer to arrive on a cruise ship.
It really is a pain trying tot figure out what to make that Jimmy can and will eat. I already told him what's on the menu tomorrow when G&E come over. It's a clean out the refrigerator and freezer night - charcuterie board, veggie tray, pot stickers, pizza rolls. I asked Jimmy if there was anything there he'd want or can eat and he told me he'd just make a piece of fish for himself. Fair enough!! Stuff planned for most of next week are all things Jimmy can eat, as most of it is centered around chicken.

Bill - Sorry for the loss last night. I guess now they really are on vacation.

Had a fun 2 hour conversation with Joanne yesterday afternoon. We end up with so much to chat about when we haven't talked in 3 or 4 weeks. The time just flew by. Our dinner last night of salmon & fettuccini alfredo was delicious. Making it even better was a bottle of white wine from South Africa that we bought at one of the wine tastings. Loved it just as much last night as I did when we tasted it.

Tonight we are all going to Hellalago, our annual Halloween event down at the boat parking lot. They'll have rides and games for the kids, a haunted house, crafts, etc. All things the kids love while the adults socialize. The night will end with a fireworks display at exactly 9:00! Then you get the mad dash to the parking lot and spend half an hour to get home!!

Time to make sure we have everything that we need for tomorrow while Bert is in the mood to go shopping... Hee Hee!! Have a wonderful day, gang. You know the drill!! :bigsmilehn:

Negc

Chief Security Officer
This is the way the series ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Reading a new book,
The Lincoln Highway, and liking it very much so far.
A chill in the air this morning so it appears that Fall has really arrived. Colors of the leaves have changed but rather subdued instead of the vibrant reds and golds that are usually the highlight of this time of year. We have yet to experience a frost which might account for the lack of vibrancy.
It looks like we will be spending January through March next year in Vero Beach Florida but will be shipping the car down and back rather than driving. Expensive but we really don't want to spend those three winter months up here.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Ha Ha, Lee! Yeah he lives permanently at Hellalago. We only put up with it for 1 night a year!!

Bill -Bert's been devouring books written by Harlen Coven. Some of them go back to the 90s. He's a very prolific writer and Bert loves his books. Have you read any of his work?

A’Burg Guy

Should we be concerned that Kathie and Karen haven’t been around today?
Netflix has two or three excellent shows based on Harlan Coben novels Pat.
You all have a fantastic evening!
G’nite from The Burg.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Late check in from Pure Michigan.
Watched a lot of good football today.
Dave: Raining like crazy in Indiana and Ohio Stste wins 54 - 7 n Congrats.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Morning Bunnies!

Good news for Kathi and me today. We have appointments at a nearby pharmacy to get our Moderna booster shots this afternoon.

Time for you to start your ponytail, Lee. Get that beach bum look for when you are in Florida. Can't say I've ever had spaghetti and TURKEY meatballs. Part of your heart-healthy diet?

No interesting things purchased at the grocery store that weren't on the grocery list, BB. Pretty much just things we'd forgotten to put on the list. I just can't imagine me making a 2 hour phone call. Heck, I can't imagine doing a 1 hour call.

Bill; Does that book you are reading, "The Lincoln Highway", have anything to do with that east-west highway? If it does, that road goes right through the middle of Massillon. As a matter of fact it's the main drag. We live 1 block off it. Quite a history of that highway.

I see that you were a woman of few words yesterday, K2. I kinda liked that Ohio State score. :)

Hiya KC.

A’Burg Guy

Look at that. A quarter past 11:00 all ready!
Good to see you dropped in last evening Kathie. Yes, I was worried!
It was a beautiful morning at The Navy Yard. The fog, sun and sound of the seagulls and fog horns was almost like a movie set!
No pony tail for me Dave! Unless they can use the hair that seems to grow unabated from my ears and nose! I've been making turkey meatballs for a long time now. Even before the "watch what you eat" rules. I have to say that I don't usually tell guests what they are until they ask "what's in these meat balls? They're so flavourful!"
And because it's a good day for a toe tapper tieing Dave and Bill's book in to a tune...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tXh_MfrMe0

Anyway, that said, We are expecting Michelle and her cousin Nikki shortly so I'm gonna run. I'll pop back later to check on you all.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Pretty morning here, but later the rains are supposed to move in. We really need the rain, but I don't want it to arrive too early. We'll have 15 people here for dinner and it's better when we can be both inside and on the lanai. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather holds until after they all go home.

Lee - I'm not sure I could do turkey meatballs either. I asked Jimmy if he's ever had turkey sausage and he said that he had but it really didn't taste good. I guess we're traditionalists!

Dave - Good for you sticking to your shopping list. I can always find something I want to try when I go to the supermarket. That's why Bert's happy when I stay home or in the car. Otherwise the bill goes up.

Kathie - Seeing as how the Gators weren't playing yesterday, I can honestly say that we didn't watch any football at all! Aside from the Gators, there's no other team I'd be interested in watching. That goes for not only football, but any other sports. I watched a couple of show on HDTV before getting ready to go to Hellalago.

Speaking of Hellalago, it really was a lot of fun and mobbed. The gal in charge told us that there were over 1,000 people there! I believe it. Seeing so many in costumes was a hoot. some were very creative. I'll try to attach a picture or 2 of Nate and Jennifer.

I pretty much told you already what's on the menu for today, but I have to add bourbon meatballs, as we're getting friends of Jimmy's coming with a wife & 3 kids. As long as they bring their own beer, we're good. They really are nice people and he's from NJ!!!!

I better see about getting started on all I have to do before anyone arrives. It's going to be a busy day around here! Have a super special Sunday, everyone! Take care & stay safe!:happyhn:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
BEST COSTUME "EVER" AWARD from the kids. WOW. Just fantastic.

Dave: Good for you and Kathi getting those Booster shots. Now you're ready for Winter and you'll be safe from all the Covid Germs in your house. Ha Ha. Well, and the grocery store! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Just glad you were able to get them so quickly.
That was some SCORE for Ohio State. Ha Ha It got boring watching them make touchdown after touchdown.

Lee: We used every minute of today to clean up flower beds. I did the front of the house area and Art finished up his BELOVED flower garden down along the Creek. Just in time for the 4:00 pm sprinkles to start. We were suppose to get heavy rains around 2pm, but that hasn't happened yet. Good feeling getting all that work done out there.
I still have some absolutely beautiful Waxed Begonias around our big pine tree that need to come out, but that will be at the end of the week when the rain stops. Want to get them in the "Yard Waste" for Friday pick-up.
LEE: I actually really liked that "Life is a Highway" song you dug up. I tried to play it while I read BB's post, but that wasn't working. I still don't know how you find all these appropriate songs for our conversation. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

BB: So you don't have enough people to cook for ..........you need to have company! Ha Ha. I know you love doing it, so go at it girl. You always do such a good job.

BILL:
You still with us? Is this place you're staying at in Vero Beach anywhere close to where you Mom had her place? Is it far from where you stayed LAST SEASON? Are your friends going to be close enough by you guys to visit? I've been looking for places on the Gulf side and my GOODNESS they are PRICED right out of our range. $8,000 - 9,000 for a MONTH. One place in March wanted $12,000 bucks. I just want to rent it not BUY the darn place. Crazy. Of course the places were right on the water! So far looks like we'll be staying in PURE MICHIGAN again!
Sad Bummer GIF by Todd Rocheford

KAREN: Calling KAREN!! How's that Cold doing girl?

Are you catching up on your chores from being
Sick Flu Season GIF by Emma Darvick

gone for a few days? How did your Kitties do without you? Did they destroy anything?

Okay, I'm off to run over to Costco for some 30 Gallon Trash bags. I bought another box of KITCHEN SIZED ones by mistake last time I was there. I need to do this drive and UNWIND from all the yard work.

Lee: Hope your lunch was good with your friends. I don't think they would ever know you used Ground Turkey instead of Beef. Hope your Arteries appreciated you watching the fat content! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Later!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon...not feeling very chatty...this cold has knocked me for a loop...don't really feel that bad...just no energy what so ever...

Dave, the bramble berry was one of the flavors I ordered my brother...along with Brandied Banana Brulee, Brown Butter Almond Brittle & Middle West Whiskey & Pecans..

Pat, the kids looked very spooky in their costumes...especially Jennifer...who ever made her up did a great job!

Lee, I've always been a fan of Rascal Flatts...thanks for the song!

Kathie, glad you weren't to sore after all that heavy cleaning the other day....another reason I'm glad I don't have carpet!

Bill, I think shipping the car rather than driving is an excellent idea...neither you or Rita need the stress of driving all the way from Mass.....it will help keep your kid's from worrying about you too!

They keep saying we are going to get rain...but so far nothing...if it doesn't rain today I'm going to have to turn the sprinklers on ...the new sod I had put in this summer is getting a bit crunchy...
Now I think I'm going to lay down for a bit...I'd probably feel better quicker if I didn't try to power thru & keep doing my usual stuff....so I'm taking today & tomorrow off....Later gang...

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen do you think you should get one of those ”free” Covid Nose Tests just to make sure you didn’t get Covid break-through on this trip to Maryland and back? Can’t be too safe these days. Not sure what they would tell you to do if you did test positive except REST.
GLAD YOU’RE TAKING A FEW DAYS OFF! Take care kiddo!

We have Fish tonight and I had to do it inside because of the steady drizzle outside. I have 2 candles burning trying to help with the fish smell. Perch is the worse for “Stinky’s!

I got the trash bags from Costco. Man there sure were a lot of shoppers for 1 hr before closing on a Sunday! But the self-serve line went quick. Hate to use those, but I saw people with FULL carts in the other lines. I’m thinking their bill for some of them must run into the $400-500 range easy.
Checking out for tonight.
More RAIN expected Monday all day.
Karen, I wish I could send it your way.;)

A’Burg Guy

Raining here too Kathie. Looks like it could get really nasty overnight In tomorrow. Good call to get the gardens cleaned out before it gets too cool. Crazy prices for FL! We heard that after the lack of travellers last winter prices went nuts! We’re glad we booked our place when we did and they honoured our rate from 2020. We paid $7200 CDN for eight weeks including pool heat and all taxes.
Good call to put your feet up Karen. ”Dr“ Kathie may be on to something about a test if you’re still feeling poorly. Brown Butter Almond Brittle…I sense an order when we’re in FL.
Jennifer‘s makeup and costume are amazing Pat. She nailed the worn and cracked porcelain look. Nice that Hellalago was well attended.
Now, those turkey meatballs disappeared in no time. Crisp up some pancetta, sweat some videlia onion, bread crumbs, chopped parsley, pepper, a couple of eggs, the turkey and you have meatballs! I bake them in the oven. Hmmm, where else would you bake something? Then toss them in a chaffing pan with “gravy” (just for you Pat) and serve them. Darned tasty if I say so.
Really early start to tomorrow for me. I’ll be “zapped” by the time I get home. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Stay safe, sound and well my friends.
G’nite

Last edited: