Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Just got through watching the Baseball playoff game.
The teams were tied 2 -2 in the 9th inning and Houston got 7 home runs and ended up winning 9 to 2 over Boston. It was a comedy of errors for Boston. Unbelievable.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Morning Bunnies.

I'm now trying my third flavor of my stash of ice creams, and so far the best. "Honey Vanilla Bean". Hey a little brightness to breakfast.

I'm glad for you Bill on being a baseball fan. But I've always found it too long and too slow.

So how did your doctor's appointment go yesterday, BB? Mine, to the skin doctor, went well. No cuttings and only about 5 spots frozen. I think that one of the duties of a grandson is to be a smart a$$.

K2; On the back of your biking helmet does it say, "This End Up"? I too hate it when grocery stores change isles around. Thanks for the heads up on why I have more wrinkles on my forehead.

You're pretty careful, so I expect you to get a negative on your Covid test this morning, Lee. I've got an oddball question for you.; Does your Canadian health insurance go with you when you head south, or do you need to buy some form of travel insurance?

I should get on the treadmill this morning. And with a sale going on for 2 liter Diet 7-Ups, a buck apiece, I need to stock up on a bunch.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone. Sorry I never made it back here yesterday. Doctor's appointment went very well and I don't have to see him for 6 months. One less thing to worry about for a while. After we left the doctor, we made a quick stop at Sam's to replenish a few things. Then a trip to Publix for the rest of the things I needed for dinner. By the time we got home, it was time to prep the pork chops and get them started. I felt like the whole day passed in a flash and before I knew it, it was time for bed.

Dave - Glad the dermatologist didn't have to carve his initials in you yesterday. Getting a few spots burned off wasn't bad at all. That ice cream sounds delicious.

Lee - Hope your covid swab was negative, as I'm sure it will be. I bet you're anxious to get this treatment started and over with as soon as possible. Have they said how many treatments and how often you will get them? At least an appointment that early does give you the rest of the day to do as you want.

Kathie - Nice of you to drop those cookies off for your friend. Good idea being cautious too. Last time I went into Sam's 7 BJ's, they had totally changed the stores around and I was so lost trying to find things. I know they do it for a reason, but I still hate it.

While having dinner last night, Jimmy told us that he got a call from his doctor to tell him his cholesterol level is sky high and that he has to immediately change his diet! During the week and often on weekends, he eats a lot of fast food. Now he can't. He has to do a strict KETO diet. That means no red meat, no dairy, nothing fried, no pasta, potatoes or breads, etc. In other words, anything that tastes good, he can't eat.
That now leaves me a problem. I'm very traditional in the foods I make and Jimmy's diet eliminates almost all of them. I am totally at a loss as to what to make for the next month and a half to 2 months. He can have salmon, but not the way I make it. Otherwise, I would have to cut off a piece for him and keep it away from the rest of the fish. Same thing with chicken. He can have spaghetti, but only if it's made with spaghetti squash or zoodles. I really don't cook with either. Heck, I've never even eaten spaghetti squash in my life. This is going to be so much fun ... NOT!!!

Time to see where my sleepy headed husband is. He's taking his dear sweet time getting out here this morning. Besides, it's time for some lunch. Have a wonderful rest of the day, gang. You know the rules. Now just follow them! :smilehn:

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Eye appointment went well and I don't have to see the doctor again until next October. Unlike some previous appointments, this one went like clockwork and the whole process took less than an hour. Last time it took more like 2 1/2.
Sorry to read of Jimmy's cholesterol issues. Hope he can find some way to reduce it without such a drastic change in diet. I had a similar problem but with medication and a less dramatic change in diet, my numbers are now much better.
Last night was a definite disappointment but tonight might be different. Whatever happens, the series won't be settled until the two teams are back in Houston for games six and/or seven. Winner will go on to the World Series.
Go Sox!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good afternoon folks.
Nose poke went fine this morning. Come Monday I can start my 4 weeks of five treatments each week or twenty treatments. I guess cancer takes Saturdays and Sundays off. :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: Heck, you gotta laugh. I hear that helps too!
I suppose that the good news from yesterday Pat is that your appointment went well. So sorry to hear that Jimmy has to make such huge changes to his diet. Why is it always the stuff well ike the most that is the worst for us?
Another good report from the doctors, this time. for you Bill. I always giggle when people talk about "seeing their eye doctor". I like to think if you can see them you're doing OK!
OHIP, our Ontario health insurance, does cover minimal amounts when we are out of province Dave. We do have some very good coverage through Lu-Ann's benefits that cover us for 60 days outside of Canada. Oddly enough, from the time we cross the border in the winter to the time we get back home it is exactly 60 days. :) Of course we can always purchase more if required. Both in coverage and length of stay. That ice cream sounds GREAT!
Hmmm. Wondering if our Kathie did indeed take her baking to the streets and has been arrested? I do hope that she and Art are enjoying the last really nice day we are scheduled to have for a while.
Better get the pups out.
You all stay safe, sound and out of harm's way.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I’m still a FREE citizen LEE.
We were both busy workers today. Art got the deck awning down and washed and I helped fold it and then he took it down i to the basement to store until next year. SAD DAY.
I got the rug shampoo machine out and did the great room, foyer 5x8 rug, hallway to the bedrooms and both bedrooms done! Yippee! Got that off my list of things to do. The house is in a total disorder now while the carpets dry. Tomorrow I can put things back together again. I didn’t take the mattresses apart. My helper was busy with his job. We’ll do that in the Spring. Vacuuming under the bed will have to do for now.
I did manage to cut my second to the last finger on my right hand. In between the two fingers where the skin is so thin. I knocked over my ceramic Defuser in our bedroom and it hit the rug machine and shattered in chunks. Thank goodness it was empty. I picked up one of the bigger pieces and it nailed my finger. Since I’m on blood thinner meds it bleed like a faucet was turned on. I managed to get to the bathroom sink and missed the white carpeting! Whew. Wrapped it up tight and got back to work.
Needless to say we went to the GREEK restaurant to eat. Only 4 other couples inside and more people eating outside. It was nice to eat out in the middle of the week.

Negc: Art just told me that Houston has 6 home runs and Boston Zero. What’s happening to your team boy? Still plenty of time to come back. Only the 6th inning!

LEE: You have 2 more treatments than I had to have. And I did them everyday too. No weekends. You’ll be surprised at how fast those treatments go by. Unfortunately, you have a much further drive than I did. Mine were 10 mins from our house!!
Did you already get the results of your NOSE POKE? All the BEST Buddy.

So, we start to get RAIN in the middle of the night tonight and then off and on during the day on Thursday. And temps drop fro 68F to 56-58F . Bummer.

Dave: Nice to know you liked the ICE CREAM choices.
Pat….ditto on everything everyone said about Jimmy’s Cholesterol. I see a lot of Veggies in his future. knock off the fried food and the fast food and breads. Does’t Missy have one of those Air Fryer’s? That should help with his fish and chicken and veggies too. All the best to him and the “Cooks”!
Okay, I’m going to watch the Baseball game while I do some things in the kitchen! Thank goodness for my little Counter TV.

LEE: What’s wrong with Queen Elizabeth? Doctors told her to stay home from her trip to Ireland or Scotland (??) and rest up. From what?

I’m still feeling good from all the work we got done today!
Good Night GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Morning Wabbits!

I'm pretty much just checking in since I don't have diddley to gab about.

If I remember right, I believe that KC heads home today.

Ya'll stay safe and do your best to have a fun day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Clearly someone switched the team's uniforms overnight as the guys playing in Boston uniforms don't, in any way, resemble the guys who practically demolished the Astros in games 2 and 3. The series goes back to Houston now and the odds are now in favor of the Astros. Time will tell but don't entirely count the Red Sox out just yet.
Has anyone else had the experience of watching a ball game or other live TV broadcast with the closed captioning on? Any resemblance between what is actually said and what appears on the screen is purely incidental. For example every time reference is made to David Ortiz, known to almost everyone as "Big Papi" or simply "Papi", the closed captioning shows "poppy". Common phrases are almost indecipherable when they appear on the screen.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Day Balloon GIF by MyPostcard

Just checking in. A TAD sore from all the work I did yesterday, but not as bad as I thought it would be! Got the house back together this morning and LIFE GOES ON! Nice to have clean carpets.

Bill: I've never used Closed Caption on a Sporting broadcast, but on the English type movies we watch Closed Captions does a perfect job.

I was wondering just where they found the players for Boston the last 2 games. Crazy how they just didn't have it together. But I told Art things could change! And I won't tell you what he told me! Ha Ha

We're off to Costco Tire Center (which is attached to our Costco of course) to return Art's OLD BATTERY. If you bring it back you get $15 bucks. Works for us.

It's a drizzle gloomy day here. We had lightning and thunder early in the morning, but no rain right now. IT'S NOT DONE YET THOUGH. More to come through the day. No bike ride for Artie. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme: That punishes both of us. Ha Ha.

Have a good day folks and stay safe if you wander out of your area!

200.gif
Welcome Home Karen.... we left the door unlocked for you in the hutch and the Welcome Mat out! Hope you had a great visit in Md.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! I really have to stop going through my emails before I get over here. I lost over an hour reading emails, none of which was a personal one. Makes me late getting here every time!

Kathie - I think you over did it yesterday, if you're hurting today. A few lays around Costco should loosen up those aches and make them go away. I wish Costco was closer to us. It's about an hour away, including having to go on I-4, the nightmare road. Since the one close to us (only 45 minutes away!) closed, Bert doesn't even want to consider a membership there. Bummer, as they do carry some things I like. Happy shopping!!
Missy does not have an air fryer. She has a hot pot, which replaces a real pressure cooker.
We'll be heading back to Sam's today to pick up a few things Jimmy can and will eat. Amongst them is salmon, chicken, pork, and salad. I think I will wait until tomorrow to pick up fresh veggies at the produce stand in our community. The fruits and veggies they carry are all locally grown.

Bill - Sorry your team is taking a vacation during the last few games. Don't they know they aren't supposed to do that until the season is over?

Lee - So when will you get the results from your nose poke? I imagine it would have to be today or tomorrow, if you are to start treatments on Monday.

Dave - Very surprising that you didn't have much to say today. You feeling ok?

Karen - Welcome home! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and how your purple hair was received.

Like I already said, we plan a stop at Sam's, but before that Bert wants to stop at a place that's advertising in the newspaper that they buy Rolex watches. I am so ready to see my Rolex and get something else. I know how much it's worth and know a dealer isn't going to pay that much, but I'm also not going to let them steal it! If their offer isn't high enough, we'll just take it somewhere else.

Tonight is trivia. Gary and at least one of the boys will be coming. Elaine uses tonight as a ME night to pamper herself. I say good for her!

Time now for a cup of coffee and to read the newspaper. Have a terrific day, everyone!:happyhn:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning....got into Orlando at 5:30 pm last night...and was heading home with my sister's by 6...not bad for MCO....had a nice trip as always...and they all thought my purple hair was quite "fetching"....I was happy to wash it out the next morning though as it was getting quite gummy!
Managed to come home with the beginnings of cold it feels like, so I am going to make this short & lay down again for a little bit...we have an HOA board meeting at 2....luckily I only have to walk across the street....
It's good to be HOME!!!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Checking out for tonight. Getting ready to head for the Grille for dinner and then come home to watch a new Blacklist, which is the first for this season. Let's see how it works now that there's no Elizabeth there. Night all! :)

Negc

Chief Security Officer
After a very disappointing season last year, tonight's episode of Blacklist showed promising signs although it may take a while to get used to Reddington and Ressler's new "look". I do think that Elizabeth will be missed although I wasn't a big fan of her character development last year. Time will tell.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Nice to see you back, our "fetching" KC. But sorry to hear that you're back with a cold. The curse of those aluminum-tubes. Now you're going to have to tell us about your adventures while away.

Bill; Sounds like closed-captioning could use a translator.

Hopefully you're not as sore today K2. I just hope your knee wasn't also a part of that soreness. $15 for an old dead battery isn't too shabby.

Geesh BB, if it takes you an hour to read all your E-mails, you must get an S-load of E-mails. Hope you did better at trivia last night than you expected.

Cute purple gummy-bear, Lee. Yesterday, purple was sure worn by a lot of people. Glad someone on the news explained it. It was to show support against bullying.

Got an E-mail yesterday from Locks-Of-Love informing me that they have received my ponytail. Good, because I don't think I'll ever grow one again.

We got a little nervous yesterday afternoon around 4. There was three tornado warnings in our area. We lucked out with none hitting this berg. Heavy rains and some strong winds was enough.

Today it's grocery shopping. I wonder what kind of goodies we'll come home with that aren't on the grocery list.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good Friday morning! I mentioned the day because us retired people lose track of which day is what. At least around here we do!

Dave - About all those emails ... Most are from companies trying to sell be something. I may have ordered from them once and now I'm on their daily mailing list. Sort of like robo calls on your phone. The good ones, if not from a friend, usually are cooking related ones. Those I pour through looking for new recipes.
The new trivia company was pretty good. We came in 4th, but still won a $10. gift card to the Grille for our group. Don't know when we'll get to use it though. Guess we'll have to win a few more, so everyone will get one. Only problem was that the guy asking the questions had a heavy English accent and a few things we had to ask him to repeat.
Have fun grocery shopping. We never made it to Publix yesterday, so that's on the list for today. I didn't know about wearing purple yesterday. No one said anything about it here.

Bill - I had pretty much the same type of comments about Blacklist last night. I didn't realize they were going to jump the story 2 years. That would probably explain the new look of some of the characters. Time will tell how things will progress with the new format.

Karen - Sorry to hear that you came home with a cold. How was the weather in Maryland, by the way? Too bad you had to rinse the purple out of your hair. Missy's blue is an actual dye and it's holding up very well. She has to go get it refreshed my month, whatever that is.

Not much is happening around here today, except the trip to Publix. I'm making salmon for dinner tonight with fettuccini alfredo. Jimmy will only get veggies on the side or zoodles, if Publix has them already made. I hate doing it with the crappy zoodle maker I have.

Guess I better get off here for now and try to at least make it look like I am being productive before Bert comes out of the bedroom. Have a wonderful day, everyone! :smilehn:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
A BELATED "Wear Purple Day" to all. I never heard a thing about it until the 11 O'Clock News.

Karen: Sorry you brought back a cold from your trip. I blame the AIRPLANE. Hope you feel better today.

Pat: I don't envy you at all having to think about what to make for Jimmy. Hope he takes this all seriously. Did they put him on Cholesterol meds to help lower his numbers?
Good luck at the grocery store. Have you been going inside lately and using the electric cart? I hope so. You need to keep up with the crazy stuff that are on the shelves.

Lee: Gotta love your Purple Gummy. Did you get your Covid results back yet?

Did you read about Alex Baldwin on the set of his latest movie SHOOTING a producer and a up and rising Videographer. She died and the other man is expected to live, but was in critical condition. They said it was a accident. A PROP GUN was used and it must have had live
ammunition in a chamber. UNREAL. I read a long article on how they check and recheck those PROP GUNS and the actors don't even get to use them during practice scenes and they hand them the PROP GUN at the final takes of the scene. Somebody is going to have to answer to this tragic death for sure. I would think that Alex Baldwin is done making movies after something like this happens. How does one recover from something like this.
You Don't. So very sad. The lady left behind a husband and son.

Well, the SKY is BEAUTIFUL this morning. Blue as Blue can be..... but 46F. That's just too cold for October. I told Art we should be up at Boyne City at the Condo driving through the back roads looking at the FALL COLOR changes up there. I miss our dear friends Condo and the days we use to go up there. It was so nice of them to let us use it whenever we wanted to.
On another note: These same dear friends that lost their daughter to Cancer have SOLD her home and close on it Monday. Another chapter of this
tragedy about to close. :( They got a really good price for the house and the money will go into the Trust Fund for Mary's 14 year old daughter, Kristina. We're glad our friends, George & Marie, don't have to worry about that house and the expenses of keeping it open all these months. No more utility bills or taxes or outside upkeep. And no more 1.5 hour trips in heavy traffic and road construction to get down there. Of course, they still have to make trips to see Kristina at her school activities. ALWAYS SOMETHING.

Bill: I watched Blacklist for the 1st time and it was a rather SCARY type movie to watch. I don't know anything about the story line, but to a first time watcher it was okay. Just too much violence. Is it always like that? The only thing I did notice was that the main character didn't wear a BLACK HAT like he use to when they would show previews last year. The guy is really bald!! I can see why he wore the Black Hat a lot. Ha Ha.

DAVE: Knee never was sore. It was my arms and back that took the beating from doing the carpets. They sure do look nice and clean! Today I feel fine. Ready to abuse my body with another cleaning project. I need to clean-out the Tupperware (or actually) saved cottage cheese and sour cream containers. They're taking over the plastic bowl area and falling down on me when I open that cupboard. Time to get out the small step-ladder and just PITCH some PLASTIC today! Ha Ha

Jill stopped by later yesterday and dropped off 48 bags of Downy's small Potato chips to hand out at Halloween. Her boss told her to just give them to me. I gave Jill $25 bucks for her to give to the boss-lady. I'm hoping that we don't get a lot of Trick or Treater's and we have lots of leftover chips! There was a method for my madness in buying these chips.
Jill also gave us 4 big bags of various flavors of chips. These are Kettle cooked and all products are from Michigan. Small family owned company.

Get this. The Boss-Lady I speak of is only 25 yrs old. She went to the same college, (Michigan State Univ), as Jill. Her Dad is a lawyer and bought the company as a investment years ago. The daughter didn't like the thought of studying to be a lawyer and in her 3rd year changed majors. Her Dad asked if she wanted to run the company and she went for it. Including JILL it has 7 employee's. They have Downey's Potato chips in all the local grocery stores and small party stores. They have branched out to a new big Meijer store in the Riverfront area of Detroit recently. Jill LOVES working there except for one thing...... she smells like a French Fry when she comes home. Ha Ha. She soaks her clothes before she washes them to get the smell out of them. She wears her OLD SCRUB UNIFORM from her former job. Next thing is a soapy shower! She says it's a small price to pay for doing something she actually enjoys for a change after 25 yrs of being a Renal Kidney Dietician.

Okay, I've rambled on way too long. Enjoy your day folks.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon....ended up taking some daytime cold medicine this morning after a crappy night....feel much better now, but also picked up some night time cold medicine to hopefully kick this cold to the curb!

Pat, yikes...that is some restricted diet Jimmy is on...are you starting to feel like a short order cook yet? Congrats on the trivia win!

Dave, good to hear the pony tail arrived safely! I borrowed your daughter's birthday idea & sent my brother 4 pints of the Jeni's ice cream...I hope he likes it...some of those flavors sounded really good!

Kathie, sorry about the cold weather already...at least it's sunny...for now... sounds like quite a change in careers for Jill...but good for her keeping busy & doing something she really enjoys!

Lee, your purple gummy bear was to cute!! Jane has the gummy bear song as a ring tone for when our sister Barb calls her...I think it's hilarious...Barb...not so much...

Well they have supposedly found the remains of Brian Laundries...the jerk who killed his
fiancé...seems a little to convenient though that his parents join the search & all of a sudden they find his back pack & a note book??? Last I read the FBI had confirmed it was him...but who knows...
Trip to Maryland was pretty laid back...didn't really go anywhere or do anything other than take Alyse out to dinner at Chili's on Tues. for her birthday...then came home & sat outside around the fire pit...weather was beautiful! Cool...but bright & sunny...was a nice change from Florida...time to go put my feet up & relax some more...later all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
On my coffee break. Slow project cleaning these cabinets.
200.gif

Karen:
Nice to see you back in the HUTCH. Hope those cold meds help get rid of that cold fast. So much better to be in Florida this time of the year than Up East! Welcome Home!

PAT saw this on Fbook and thought of you and your gang. Might be good for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
1634928948792.png