Welcome Everyone! Please all Check-In Here

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi, I’m Helen. I went on my first cruise in 1994 with my daughter as her h.s. graduation gift. There were 4 pairs of mothers and daughter….only a 5 day cruise. Have been on 12 more since then.
Hi Helen, So good to have you here as a member. We are happy to have you here. What is your favorite cruise line so far?

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hello All!
My name is Renee and I am from the Knoxville, TN area. My hubs and I started cruising in 2005 and love it! We are looking forward to starting up again.
Hi Renee, So glad to have you back and checking in! Do you have any cruises currently booked?

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Greetings all. Just back from a relaxing week on the Symphony of the Seas, our second since cruising resumed (our fifth with Royal, 16th overall). For the most part, things are mostly back!!
Hi @doublehjr, We just cruised on Symphony of the Seas in April. She was great! Do you have any current booked? Did you hear the news that the Icon Class ships are supposed to be larger than the Oasis Class!! :hot:

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi, Erik from Sweden here.
Back in the 80’s and 90’s I used to cruise on our ferries here in the Baltic Sea. Cruised on Voyager of the Seas in 2006 which was my first cruise on a ”true” cruise ship.
Lately I have mostly been cruising with Celebrity but this August I’m back on Voyager of the Seas and Royal Caribbean. In 2006 she was huge, now I guess she’s mid size.
Hi Erik, Thank you for checking in! So glad to hear you are getting back on board a cruise ship. Royal Caribbean is such a great cruise experience overall.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi, all, Peggy here. "Gonna" show my age... my first cruise was at age 6 on the Alcoa Clipper around South America. This was an aluminum freighter (Alcoa Aluminum) with about 10 luxury cabins. This ship left from New Orleans. The year? 1953. :)

Now I've been on some 40 cruises total, and am Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean, although I've been on many lines... Holland America, Cunard, various European lines... you get the picture.

My claim to fame is that I am a 75 year old grandmother with MS, and I manage to travel alone (unless I get the timing right and one of my children or grandchildren can join me, which I love.)

All the best, Peggy
Hi Peggy, So glad to have you back and checking-in with us all here. How exciting to be cruising aboard a freighter. Do you have a favorite cruise line now? You obviously enjoy Royal Caribbean but, just wondering. Do you prefer certain lines due to traveling solo? I know I see people seeking deals for singles.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
This is Tom from Fort Lauderdale. First cruise was on the Norway in the Caribbean. 90+ cruises later, my most recent cruise was in the Far East (China, Japan, Korea) in April 2019. Usually, we did 2-3 cruises a year. But, we have not cruised since the pandemic. Booked for an August cruise. Keeping fingers crossed.
Hi Tom, Thank you very much for joining our community of Cruise Addicts. With 90+ cruises, you will fit right in with high regard.

Nice To Meet You Nicolas Cage GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

I am happy to see you have a cruise on the books for August.

What do you have planned for August?

Looking forward to your reply and future posts,
John

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hello, I’m returning to these boards after many years. I’m from Copiague, Long Island, N.Y.. My first cruise was on the Sovereign of the Seas in 1989. Hope to become active once again on here.
Hi Marc, We would love to have you back and more active. It is my goal to have a fun and active environment again. Thank you for your help. Do you have any cruises booked? Any you are hoping to take in the future?

John

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
We have been cruising since 2002. We joined the Viking team in 2007 and have sailed with them six times since including two World Cruises. We have just returned from the 2021-22 trip which became longitudinal rather than a circumnavigation. We loved the revised itinerary. We are booked for two Viking Oceans cruises next summer. We are watching for the perfect Viking Expeditions itinerary for 2024.
Hi @caribe traveller, I just returned from the Viking Octantis in April. I was onboard from Barbados to NYC. Loved the ship, really a nice combination of the river and ocean product with true expedition opportunities. I hope to get our Viking board on this forum more active with a small group who want to talk just Viking on it. When people ask you why Viking, what do you tell them?

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi,
It’s me, Rubysky. Still waiting for cruising to get back to normal or at least an acceptable new normal.
Hi Rubysky, So good to see you here again. I know many ships are starting to sail at full capacity. So we may be at the "new normal" for now. How have you been?

TxSilver

I am Lisa from Midland Texas and along with my husband we are cruise lovers and if work and finances didn't get in the way, we would easily be addicts! We took our first cruise in the 90's aboard Carnival as part of a convention. I then took my teen-aged daughter on the same Carnival cruise during the summer, when it was cheaper, and of course we hit tropical weather! Have some great videos of us trying to walk down the halls and seeing the water sloshing out of the whirlpools! We then started cruising with Royal Caribbean and have been loyal to them ever since. I need to come up with our timeline as I love looking at others in their signatures. We will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary 2 years late (thanks to COVID of course) on September aboard Explorer of the Seas. Heading to the ABC Islands for an 8 night cruise. Longest one yet!

glo-ree-bee

Staff Captain
Here I am ---- sassy as ever, old as dirt, loving laughter. Don't cruise any more. Lost my husband March 20, 2021 so cruising days are over.
BUT
I love to play the games here on the forum. I feel as though I know many of you but that is just a silly illusion! Talk with me. I can be entertaining I have been told.

PEB

Staff Captain
Hello I am Paul from Northern Minnesota. I started cruising in 1991 on the old American Hawaii cruise line on the Independence for a total eclipse. I have cruised on 8 different cruise lines and I normally due multiple B2B's because I don't do a short cruise. I even worked on cruise ships for a couple years.

sjudi

Sjudi here. Longtime member. Living in the beautiful city of Miami Cruising since 1994. Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Holland America, NCL, Celebrity and MSC. I just love all of them. Happiest on a cruise than anywhere else♥️

seaserpent

Ordinary Seaman
Hello everyone. I'm Shelly from NYC. Born and bred and hope to stay. First cruise in 1976 on a ship and line that no longer exist. Was magnificent. Hooked ever since. Cruise was out of NYC to the Bahamas. I loved every minute of it. Even though I got seasick too. I'm going to try to celebrate my 70th birthday later this year by cruising - anywhere!
bon voyage goodbye GIF by Hallmark Channel

Aliciask

Fitness Director
I'm so jealous that you're going on the Wish!!! I want to get my husband on a Disney cruise sooooo bad, because if for no other reason I know he'd love the level of service they provide and the Star Wars and/or Marvel-Days-at-Sea, but like everything else Disney they have priced themselves smooth out of our budget -- especially from here (Galveston.) We can take 3 Carnival cruises for what one DCL costs, and we're just not willing to go without cruising for as long as we'd have to in that case. :-( But I can't wait to hear about Wish -- I hope you'll post a review!
I am pretty jazzed about the WISH, I totally have to agree with you about the pricing. There is much to love about a Disney cruise but I personally have loved every single cruise we have taken and I am not really loyal to any one cruise line. I guess I swim against the tide as well as my least favorite is Royal although those were great cruises too! I will share my thoughts on the WISH, in March we did the Fantasy and loved it. But frankly, I have had better food on Carnival. Happy to meet a fellow Disney fan! -Alicia

cheezz

Youth Counselor
Hi all!
I’m from California and blown away by how many cruises (and cruise lines) you’ve all experienced!!
Mostly I have cruised Princess to western Caribbean, Alaska, and Mexican Riviera with a short cruise on the California coast. I cruise with my daughter who can’t get extended time off work, so we haven’t been able to squeeze in more than 7 days.
Am not vaccinated, so haven’t been able to cruise….ugh!

London Bridge

Hi Everyone, Thank you for joining and being apart of this community of Cruise Addicts. We have a long history of helping those suffering from Cruise Addiction .

Please give introduce yourself and let us know about all of suffering. I'll go first.

Hi Everyone, My name is John and I am a Cruise Addict. It all started with my first cruise in the Summer of 1989 aboard Chandris Line's MV Galileo Galilee. A lot of cruises later, here i am after all these years. My last cruise was aboard the Viking Octantis.

Ok, your next.
Hi y’all I’m Fran from TN. Looking forward to cruising again sometime soon.

jac14

Deck Crew
My first cruise was on the Carnival Inspiration in 1997. Since then I’ve been around the world on Princess (5 cruises Med, Caribbean, Alaska, Tahiti), HAL (Canada St Lawrence Seaway), Louis Cruise Line (Greece), and Disney (5 cruises Norway and Caribbean). My shortest cruise was 3 nights and longest 12 with most being 7 nights. Cruises are my favorite vacations. I’ve enjoyed most the food on Princess and the top notch service and cabins on Disney, so far.
Bon voyage!