Welcome Everyone! Please all Check-In Here

crazy4disney

Pool Attendant
Hi Gina, Great to see you again. You certainly are located in a great location right near Galveston. The cruise lines are sending some amazing new ships to that port now. I am glad your new husband is also hooked on cruises. What Carnival ship did you book your upcoming cruise on? I am very excited that you and your son will be reunited aboard a cruise again. I think they are just so great for family vacations and get-togethers. We were married aboard a Royal Caribbean ship and many of our guests cruised with us too. It turns out these are some of the best family moments we have in our memories.

You can't forget us! :) I do hope you will return here often, post and comment too much and bring your cruise friends too!

:minion bananas:

Thank you for checking in!

John

Hi John! You are very right about some amazing ships coming our way... Allure of the Seas and NCL Prima will be here in the Fall, and Ruby Princess shortly after that. But the one we're insanely excited about is the brand-spanking-new Carnival Jubilee coming in November 2023. We're booked on the inaugural sailing from Galveston, and I am just beside myself over it, lol. Just unspeakably excited!!

Our next cruise is on the Breeze, one of our faves. In fact if it only had a Havana area and JiJi Asian restaurant like Vista does, it absolutely would be our favorite! It's a great size, great layout, and beautiful decor. She was our honeymoon ship, and we've been on her twice since the restart. Love that ship. <3 But we do love Vista as well -- we were last on her in early March. Can't get enough of that Havana area!! :emoticon 0115 inlove:

Which RCI ship were you married on? That would be amazing! I really want to do an onboard vow renewal for our 10th anniversary maybe. My husband says he is one and done with the whole wedding thing, but I promised him that he wouldn't have to share his cake this time, lol. We'll see what happens. :-D

doublehjr

Greetings all. Just back from a relaxing week on the Symphony of the Seas, our second since cruising resumed (our fifth with Royal, 16th overall). For the most part, things are mostly back!!

NanKen

Hi everyone- We are Nancy & Ken from pompano Beach, Florida. We have been cruising for years on various lines starting with Holland America in 1978, then Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity, Windstar, Regent, Renaissance which became Oceania (our favorite) and lately tried the Scarlet Lady when she arrived in Florida. In addition, we have gone on four river cruises with Uniworld.

We were scheduled to go on the Scenic Eclipse this month to catch some of the Arctic but canceled because of the high rate of Covid in Norway. Note to anyone considering this cruise line- be very sure you are taking the cruise because they hold all of your $ for 180 days which is a lot considering they want full payment very early. Insurance (another $5000) didn’t help, although the plan we got will cover you for one year so we’ll use that for a trip to Africa in November. The ship looks lovely but I will never book with them again unless it’s a last minute and we know we will go for sure.

We are doing a short river cruise in a few weeks in Oregon with American Cruise Lines. That should be interesting on the Columbia River.

bsa250cc

Bob n Dee here from Southern Spain, originally London UK. First cruised end of 90s taken over a dozen now, although nothing booked at present as still have concerns about confined spaces and Covid. Time will change this I'm sure.

mnjmann

Hello - Mike & Jo here from Champaign IL home of the fighting ILLINI! Currently waiting to get back to cruising since COVID. Our next cruise yet to be scheduled will be # 30 for us. Our favorite cruise line is Royal Caribbean with 21 cruises, then NCL 5 cruises and Carnival as out least favorite with 3 cruises.

Eliot Ness

Hello, I'm John from central Kentucky. Our first cruises were on the Premier (Big Red Boat) Majestic (x2) and the original Carnival Mardi Gras in the late 80's/early 90's. Since then we've been on a ton of Carnival cruises and we're booked on the maiden sailing of the new Carnival Celebration November 6 from South Hampton, England to Miami.

TenaRRoss

Hi! My name is Tena (yep, it's still pronounced TINA - just spelled crazy). I have only sailed once and that was May 2nd of this year on Independence of the Seas. Hubby hated it so I have another cruise planned with my handicapped sister-in-law on Nov 26th on Brilliance. We booked an aft balcony and I just figured out how far it is to the elevators. I hope I didn't make a mistake :-(

Lindapat

Deck Crew
Hi there! I'm Linda from Maryland. First cruise was Alaska with Holland America back in 2002. It was on the Statendam. We're mostly Holland America folks now (like the classic cruise feel - not interested in the floating resorts which look amazing btw). We've not done a cruise in a while but have one scheduled in March 2023. Cannot wait!!

Marc 2421

Water Sports Instructor
Hello, I’m returning to these boards after many years. I’m from Copiague, Long Island, N.Y.. My first cruise was on the Sovereign of the Seas in 1989. Hope to become active once again on here.

Tom153

This is Tom from Fort Lauderdale. First cruise was on the Norway in the Caribbean. 90+ cruises later, my most recent cruise was in the Far East (China, Japan, Korea) in April 2019. Usually, we did 2-3 cruises a year. But, we have not cruised since the pandemic. Booked for an August cruise. Keeping fingers crossed.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
Hi, I’m Astrid from Northern California. My first cruise, if you can call it that, was as an infant on the Maasdam IV emigrating with my parents from the Netherlands to the US in June 1962. (This passage has a rather interesting, if infamous, connection - US history buffs may know this.) And although my first cruise as an adult was on the Nordic Prince in 1989, I’ve hands-down favored Holland America, sailing with them over 10 times and preferring HAL’s smaller ships over the larger ones. Great memories with my then-young child enjoying Kids Club to the Caribbean as well as stateside to scenic Alaska. Our last cruise was years ago so we’re seriously overdue!
Where in Northen California do you hail? We in the San Joaquin Valley.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
Hello! I'm from the east coast and have taken a total of 5 cruises on 3 different lines. I first appeared on this site over... gosh, maybe 20 years ago. My last cruise was to Alaska on the Coral Princess before COVID. Haven't cruised since.
What's the Coral like? We will be sailing on her for the first time next year.

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Hi, Erik from Sweden here.
Back in the 80’s and 90’s I used to cruise on our ferries here in the Baltic Sea. Cruised on Voyager of the Seas in 2006 which was my first cruise on a ”true” cruise ship.
Lately I have mostly been cruising with Celebrity but this August I’m back on Voyager of the Seas and Royal Caribbean. In 2006 she was huge, now I guess she’s mid size.

pegcpa

Hi Everyone, Thank you for joining and being apart of this community of Cruise Addicts. We have a long history of helping those suffering from Cruise Addiction .

Please give introduce yourself and let us know about all of suffering. I'll go first.

Hi Everyone, My name is John and I am a Cruise Addict. It all started with my first cruise in the Summer of 1989 aboard Chandris Line's MV Galileo Galilee. A lot of cruises later, here i am after all these years. My last cruise was aboard the Viking Octantis.

Ok, your next.
Hi, all, Peggy here. "Gonna" show my age... my first cruise was at age 6 on the Alcoa Clipper around South America. This was an aluminum freighter (Alcoa Aluminum) with about 10 luxury cabins. This ship left from New Orleans. The year? 1953. :)

Now I've been on some 40 cruises total, and am Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean, although I've been on many lines... Holland America, Cunard, various European lines... you get the picture.

My claim to fame is that I am a 75 year old grandmother with MS, and I manage to travel alone (unless I get the timing right and one of my children or grandchildren can join me, which I love.)

All the best, Peggy

reipan40

Lecturer
Hello All!
My name is Renee and I am from the Knoxville, TN area. My hubs and I started cruising in 2005 and love it! We are looking forward to starting up again.

Hi Everyone, Thank you for joining and being apart of this community of Cruise Addicts. We have a long history of helping those suffering from Cruise Addiction .

Please give introduce yourself and let us know about all of suffering. I'll go first.

Hi Everyone, My name is John and I am a Cruise Addict. It all started with my first cruise in the Summer of 1989 aboard Chandris Line's MV Galileo Galilee. A lot of cruises later, here i am after all these years. My last cruise was aboard the Viking Octantis.

Ok, your nex
I first cruised in 1988 on the Rotterdam V, with Holland American. Last cruise was to Cuba in 19xx, just before the ban was reinstated.
We have been cruising since 2002. We joined the Viking team in 2007 and have sailed with them six times since including two World Cruises. We have just returned from the 2021-22 trip which became longitudinal rather than a circumnavigation. We loved the revised itinerary. We are booked for two Viking Oceans cruises next summer. We are watching for the perfect Viking Expeditions itinerary for 2024.