Thoughts that inspire

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
It's paradoxical, that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone. - Andy Roony

bob

Staff member
Married men live longer than single men. But married men are a lot more willing to die. - Johnny Carson

bob

Staff member
Sometimes you can not fill someones shoes, "but" you can put them on and walk forward and hope you are worthy of them. - Me

This came to mind tonight as i am spending the week with my dog, well ok, Sheryl's dog. Couple years ago I lost my best friend, we have separate dogs kindof been a learning experience and realizing that it is how those shoes are filled. I don't need to replace my best girl had a replacement all along.

glo-ree-bee

Staff Captain
Sometimes you can not fill someones shoes, "but" you can put them on and walk forward and hope you are worthy of them. - Me

This came to mind tonight as i am spending the week with my dog, well ok, Sheryl's dog. Couple years ago I lost my best friend, we have separate dogs kindof been a learning experience and realizing that it is how those shoes are filled. I don't need to replace my best girl had a replacement all along.
Touching that this was Bob's last words on this topic. No one can fill Bob's shoes because h e was a unique individual but many of us will try to walk in your shoes in honor of you.

glo-ree-bee

Staff Captain
And this is what I found that speaks of love and loss

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” ― Thomas Campbell

glo-ree-bee

Staff Captain
“More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.”
― Roy T. Bennett,

glo-ree-bee

Staff Captain
I will not let this topic die even if I am the only one finding a quote. I think quotes give meaning to life.
Here is one that made me smile.

“If you're too open-minded; your brains will fall out.”
― Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Flyingfish

Staff Captain
no glo, it means you have a great sense of humor like Rodney had. Here's another..

"I told my wife a man's like wine, he gets better with age. She locked me in the cellar." - Rodney Dangerfield