Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Had to answer the phone!

Lee: So you did less than a MILE walk. That's a good start. A Kilometre is (approximately 0.62 miles). Just keeping you honest ! Ha Ha

Art saw on TV that Novak Djokovic will not be welcomed at the FRENCH OPEN if he doesn't get vaccinated! Man this guy is digging himself into the grave over a POKE in the arm. Hope he saved all his money he's made all these years if he wants to stick to his guns on this subject.
I got into on Facebook with a PRIEST last night. Ha Ha.... I will be going to H*LL! I told him to stay out of politics and stick to his church work. The guy is a Trumpster big time.

Pat: How are things going with the NEW RENTERS?? Hopefully, they'll be helping out with the cooking, etc. Does the cleaning lady come every week?
Now remember to do your exercises and breathing ones too.

Okay, I need a coffee. Remember the BANKS are CLOSED today in case you need money and you don't use ATM machine!

It's 23F here right now. Brrr But no SNOW ...thank goodness.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning from chilly Florida. It's like 56 here, but very damp. I am so cold!!!!! I bet to Lu-Ann and Lee, it feels like a lovely spring day though. LOL

Kathie - I love those shutters. G&E had put them in too on their house. I'm sure that helped as a selling feature on the house. Much as I like them, we definitely have no place for them in our house, unfortunately.

Dave - That's a pretty pile of snow for the first storm of the season. Take your time and don't overdo it with the snow blower. I hope you don't have any running around to do today.

Lee - Enjoy your trip to Disney Springs. Glad you're going early, as they're restricting the number of visitors to the area. A lot of locals are staying away these days and letting the snowbirds go spend their money there. Makes sense to me.

Our new boarders are off to their old house finishing up the last of the loading of the POD. Final walk thru is this afternoon for the buyer. Closing is tomorrow afternoon.

On the menu for today will be a big pot of beef stew. With the temps they are calling for this week, that will be the perfect meal. And besides, I can direct people on how to make it! How's that for planning? Speaking of which, I better get off here and let Bert know what all he needs to get out for this masterpiece.

Have a super day, gang and stay warm, dry and safe!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Had 3 errands to do this morning and they are done. Right now it is 68 but feels colder because we have a very strong wind.

We had to get a new water heater so Bruce moved it from the utility room to the garage, on other side of wall and now he needs to put down tile where it was. So since the dishwasher won't be here for over a month I guess now would be the time since we have to move a storage rack to the kitchen while the tiles get put down. The rack holds a lot of food stuff etc. so all of that will be on it while in the kitchen. After the tile is done the rack will go back but in a different way and it will be much easier to see what is where.

All have a great day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
I like the option you suggested, Lee, especially since I like TB's chances in the unlikely event that such a matchup occurs. After a weekend of binge watching NFL football, I think I will bypass tonight's game.
Weather is much improved from what we had yesterday though the temps are still not what most would expect in Florida.
Sound on the living room TV, from time to time, changes from English to Spanish.No rhyme or reason as to why or when this happens and it takes a bit of fiddling with the remote to get it back to English mode. No such problem on the bedroom TV.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Negc: We have that issue with some of the sports stations turning to SPANISH at times. I usually just turn the TV OFF and then go to the station again and it seems to take care of the issue. It is WEIRD when that happens.

We'll be watching the Football game tonight. I think there is a game this afternoon too. I'll have to look into that to make sure.

I watched the Cable Weather Channel just now and WOW did PA get hit with the snow. They showed Charolette, NC getting 2.5 " of snow. It's mostly slush, but those folks really don't know how to handle snow. When Jill was doing her internship in Charolette years ago they had a icy storm and she asked what people do in that area when that happens and the place she worked at told her "PEOPLE STAY HOME UNTIL IT MELTS". They don't do salt and barely ever do sand when they get freezing ice or snow. :emoticon 0101 sadsmile:

I wish we had a tad more SUNSHINE here today. It always makes it feel warmer! I just got up from crocheting and JAKED the thermometer up a notch!

PAT: Sound like the G&E gang is just about ready to crash for the next 4 or so months. I think it will all work out just fine. Elaine seems to worry and do things to make your & Berts life easier. And having Gary around to fix any computer issues will be a PLUS! Should be nice to see how it is having 2 teenage boys around will be. I bet they keep to themselves except when it comes to EATING! Ha Ha
Your POT ROAST sounds like the perfect meal. You should throw it into a crock pot and let it cook away until they all come home. Easy Peasy! I took out some Chicken Breasts to do for our dinner. I need to pick up a small pot roast for Art and I. It just feels like a POT ROAST kind of week around here.

DAVE: Did Kathi have fun with her new SNOWBLOWER? You should get some pictures of her running the thing.

Later.... got to get back to my crocheting it keeps my legs warm as it gets bigger! Ha ha

Nancy.... sounds like you have a lot of moving around to do around your kitchen area.
What part of Florida did you say you live in?

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Things have changed at The Springs! You have to park in the garages now and go through detectors to get in. Universal has been that way for years. Sadly, the detectors don’t scan for “stupid” or there’d be less people there. It was getting crowded so we were on our way by 11:30.
No freebies at Ghirardelli’s Kathie. Yep, that walk with the pups was .62 of a mile. After breakfast we took them for another slightly longer walk. We have to be aware of temperature and how far our soon to be 12 year old Katie goes. For little Ava every step is a new adventure.

TB's chances in the unlikely event that such a matchup occurs.
Good point Bill. I wonder who Buffalo will play in The Super Bowl. OOOH! Let the smack talk begin. :p
So Pat, do you have a keyed lock on the door or a coded touch lock? The coded lock would be easier to change between “guests”. Yep, this Canuck was in shorts and a “Burg“ sweat shirt today. Perfect weather for me.
Funny story here. We picked up the pups after The Springs and took them for a walk in Celebration. I popped into the Publix and a couple says “are you from Amherstburg?” I said “yes I am”. They were from LaSalle, the town that is about 20 minutes away at home.
Now Nancy, I thought that you said Bruce was retired. Seems to me he has a full time job doing chores around your home. ;)
Take care everyone.

A’Burg Guy

88C482E2-C05D-4723-8D06-C25D07B3891A.jpegNo, I don’t know why the pic is sideways…
Anyway that‘s Katie and I about 10 minutes before 9:00 this morning.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Negc: We have that issue with some of the sports stations turning to SPANISH at times. I usually just turn the TV OFF and then go to the station again and it seems to take care of the issue. It is WEIRD when that happens.

We'll be watching the Football game tonight. I think there is a game this afternoon too. I'll have to look into that to make sure.

I watched the Cable Weather Channel just now and WOW did PA get hit with the snow. They showed Charolette, NC getting 2.5 " of snow. It's mostly slush, but those folks really don't know how to handle snow. When Jill was doing her internship in Charolette years ago they had a icy storm and she asked what people do in that area when that happens and the place she worked at told her "PEOPLE STAY HOME UNTIL IT MELTS". They don't do salt and barely ever do sand when they get freezing ice or snow. :emoticon 0101 sadsmile:

I wish we had a tad more SUNSHINE here today. It always makes it feel warmer! I just got up from crocheting and JAKED the thermometer up a notch!

PAT: Sound like the G&E gang is just about ready to crash for the next 4 or so months. I think it will all work out just fine. Elaine seems to worry and do things to make your & Berts life easier. And having Gary around to fix any computer issues will be a PLUS! Should be nice to see how it is having 2 teenage boys around will be. I bet they keep to themselves except when it comes to EATING! Ha Ha
Your POT ROAST sounds like the perfect meal. You should throw it into a crock pot and let it cook away until they all come home. Easy Peasy! I took out some Chicken Breasts to do for our dinner. I need to pick up a small pot roast for Art and I. It just feels like a POT ROAST kind of week around here.

DAVE: Did Kathi have fun with her new SNOWBLOWER? You should get some pictures of her running the thing.

Later.... got to get back to my crocheting it keeps my legs warm as it gets bigger! Ha ha

Nancy.... sounds like you have a lot of moving around to do around your kitchen area.
What part of Florida did you say you live in?
We live just outside of Fort Pierce and Port St Lucie, we are in the county, just off US1. When we decided to buy we knew we did not want to live in Port St Lucie or Fort Pierce. We are in a neighborhood of about 2000 homes, people of all ages.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
We have had a problem with one channel switching to Spanish and our daughter found it is in the cable remote that we fix it. We are on Comcast/Xfinity. Use the cable remote, go to menu, then press menu again, then setup, then audio setup and change to English, if you can 't then go to the item just below and click that then back to change to English. Then just exit out of menu.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I was close on my estimate of how much snow was on the ground yesterday morning, 8-10 inches. But the official amount, which came out later in the day, was 12 inches. We just thank our lucky stars that we never lost electrical power during the blizzard.

But Monday didn't start out all that well for me. Threw my back out. Not from shoveling snow, but from lifting Fuzzbutt out the door. She did NOT want to go outside. So I sat on a car bumper leaning on my cane watching Kathi run the new snow-blower. She did a great job, with many thanks from me. The only thing I did was explain to her how to start the thing using the electric starter.

It was the first time that new blower was put to the test of clearing the drive and walkway. It passed the test with flying colors.

Good for you K2 on telling the priest what you really think. If a lot more people did that a lot of religious leaders wouldn't let their job go to their head. As if they are some kind of saint themselves.

Directing people on how to cook sure beats having to do the actual cooking, BB.

Nice picture Lee. No doubt that you ain't in Canada anymore. Look at that white boy's legs!
1f601.png

Back is a bit better today. I'm hoping I can help Kathi remove that pile of snow at the end of the driveway, from the city snow-plow. This will be pure hand shoveling.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well it is cold here, at least for this Floridian girl. 41 at 6:30 and no only 44. will get in the high 60's.

No plans for me today.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

A perfect start to another sunny FL day. I mean, I had to resort to long pants to take the pups for their walk but I don’t have to shovel “cool”.
41F here to Nancy. This co”d has gotta be tough on you Florida Belles.
That’s some whack of snow Dave. Just take care of that back of yours. I know what it’s like when pups don’t want to brave the snow or cold! Pretty good legs for an old guy, eh?
Kathie, we walked 1.89 kilometres this morning. My total for yesterday was 11.8 km‘s. Did you get any of that blizzard?
Mornin’ Momma Bunny. Did G&E get settled in last night?
Good morning to everyone else. See you all later. :minion duck: There’s no ice so it could be a pool day. Just kidding. Ice is for adult beverages.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, y'all! We're having a heatwave here right now - It made it up to 43. Pretty to look out the window, but no fun to go out in. At least for me!

The beef stew was a huge success. I have to admit telling Bert what and how much of each of the seasonings was an adventure, but the bottom line came out great. Either they were all very hungry or it really did taste good. They couldn't stop raving about how good it was. I was getting jealous being I didn't actually do it this time!!

Got home health coming this morning for some therapy. Fun, huh? They all want you to do the same thing, so it does get boring. At least it's a change of people I get to see. Today it will be an Amanda.

Lee - I heard they had changed the rules at Disney Springs and not to everyone's liking. Glad you're getting to take your babies to Celebration for a walk. I'll have to look for you next time we're over that way. Great picture, by the way.

Dave - You be careful getting out there and shoveling snow. You definitely don't want to injury anything. Glad the snowblower worked perfectly.

Nancy - We have DISH Network and thankfully haven't had a problem with language switches. That really would be a pain to have to deal with.

Kathie - So tell us, did you get an snow in your area? I hope not, but if so, take it easy doing anything with or in it.

Our boarders are all moved in and all I can say is that it will be a wonder if my poor washer & dryer survive. They must have done 10 loads of laundry yesterday!! I woke up this morning to the dryer going again. I think they washed every item they own!! Right now they're off taking one of the kids to school and I bet they went out for breakfast to one of our favorite places right near the school. Their closing is at 2:00 and then it will be time to break out a bottle of bubbly to celebrate!

Not much on tap for us, except the therapy, but I should get off here and notify the gate that once again, someone will be coming. You all take care. Keep warm, wherever you are and you all know the routine by now!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I Love You Dogs GIF by Chippy the Dog

LEE, Pat, Karen, Negc, Rita, Christine... YIKES 40s in Florida is just NOT RIGHT. Hope it heats up for you all FAST!

DAVE: Sorry about your BACK! Ouch. I have been nursing a PULL on my left side for 2 weeks now. I use the heating pad and it is finally letting go and the tightness is in the background. I got that from picking up a tissue in the bathroom that missed the trash basket in the corner. I've done that before and should know better.
Hope your pull from lifting up FuzzButt goes away soon.
So happy that the new snowblower did its job. And it's a pain to clear off the end of the driveway where the PLOW comes through. Trick is that if you don't get it right away it freezes and it's really a bear to get cleared.

LEE: We didn't get ANY SNOW here. And I hope it stays that way. Did you put the pool heater on yet? Show us some pictures of the pool and house when you get a chance.
Bummer on NO Chocolates! It was nice while it lasted. Think of how much money they are saving! Did you get to ride the TRAM? Are you planning on having breakfast at your favorite place. Can't remember the name of it right now.

Hard to believe Katie is going on 12 yrs old.

Okay, I've got that KNEE INJECTION APPT today. Need to get another cup of coffee and see what the "Mister" is up to today!

PAT: How did dinner turn out for you and the gang?

Football was good last night. LA really laid on the Touchdowns!

Later folks.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Watched a bit of last night's football game but then switched to see the latest episode of NCIS. Wonder when, or if, Mark Harmon will return to the series. I do like Gary Cole in his place so perhaps Mark will decide to retire the Gibbs character permanently.
Drove to Melbourne to Macy's to exchange some pants that were Christmas presents but the wrong size. Naturally they
didn't have any in the desired size so they will order them and ship them to us in Vero Beach. After that we stopped at Cheddars for lunch and then returned to Vero to get gas and do a bit of grocery shopping. New cart worked well in getting the groceries into the condo in one trip instead of the several trips that would have been necessary without it. Gas prices jumped quite a bit since Kevin was here. It was $3.05 then and $3.16 today. That was still a few cents cheaper than the price at most of the other stations we passed on the way.
Nancy, we spent three months last year on North Hutchison Island in Ft. Pierce so we are somewhat familiar with the Ft.Pierce/Port St. Lucie area. Getting off and on the island without having to stop when the draw bridge was open was a bit of a challenge.
We have Xfinity at the condo and used your suggestion to get the English language back so thank you.
Golfers are all bundled up so the chill continues.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
So we tried to go out to eat for dinner and went to 2 places that had signs that said they were permanently closed. :eek: I felt so badly for these places. They really did everything right as far as testing employees and spending way too much money on glass partitions.
We finally went to the Greek restaurant and there were a whole 8 people, including US, in the place. Made us feel like we should have stayed home.

Negc: Gas went DOWN here the last 2 days here. Now $2.99

Those temps in Florida the last couple of days is CRAZY!

All you Florida Belles and visitors should blame LEE for the cold temps. We all know that he just HAD TO PUT HIS SHORTS on as soon as he got to Florida.

We’re watching a Netflix series movie called:
MIND HUNTER. So far so good.

Sleep tight folks and wear your Masks.

By the way I ordered our FREE COVID 19 tests. Should be interesting to see how long it takes them to get here!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wow. I’m listening to the news and the Canadian Govt has a new mandate requiring TRUCKERS to show proof if vaccination. Lordy the Supply Chain is horrible and the store shelves are empty now. Can you imagine what will happen when the truckers who are NOT vax’d and don’t have medical excuses will drive prices of EVERYTHING to go UP.
And the USA is planning on doing the same for truckers coming into the States.
Crazy times everywhere.

Knees are feeling good!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
"And it's a pain to clear off the end of the driveway where the PLOW comes through. Trick is that if you don't get it right away it freezes and it's really a bear to get cleared."

You sure got that right, K2. A second pass of the City snowplow turned that big pile of snow at the end of the drive into a 2 1/2 to 3 foot pile of ICE. Screw that. Kathi called our lawn guy to come out with his plow to clear it so we can get out of the driveway. Nice guy, he didn't charge us anything, since that's all we wanted.

Main roads were open yesterday, but many others still needed to be dug out. So, no school on Tuesday.

Ya know BB, sometimes I have a hard time determining which set of boarders you're talking about at times. Who's going to be the next group?
1f61b.png

CRISIS! Lee had to wear some long pants yesterday. I wasn't sure that you had packed any.

Nothing was planned for you yesterday, Nancy. In my book, that IS a plan.

$3.09 is what gas around here is running for, Bill. We gave up a long time ago on trying to guess what the prices will be in a few days or a week. Sometimes the prices will jump up or down for no obvious reason. So we just gas up whenever the tank gets low, no matter the price.

K2; Now you got me gun-shy about tossing a Kleenex into the trash can, and missing.
1f628.png

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well yesterday I cleaned off two shelves on the bookcase and today will do one more and then see about the shelf over the clothes in the closet. Have to figure what to fix for dinner, maybe leftovers.

Another day of long pants, will be glad when warmer weather comes back to stay.

Say Bruce out front talking to a guy from the county and when he came in said we will be getting a letter to replace the culvert in the driveway. As Bruce said what for as the water does not go anywhere, it just sits. Well at least our drive is dirt so won't have to pay for taking out and then putting in concrete, so that will save some money.

All have a great day.