Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I just checked some I-75 maps and weather predictions going Southbound and it looks like Lee & Lu-Ann might hit some LIGHT RAIN in Ohio area, but not anything big deal. They look like they’re going to luck out with the weather so far. Out EAST there are snow storm warnings again.
Bill I’m sure you’re thrilled you are outnof there for the next few months!
33F here in our area now. A regular HEST WAVE from those single digit temps the last few days!

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Temperatures are due to plunge here this weekend all the way down to the 60's, K2, but us brave New Englanders will handle it. Scattered showers as we drove over to see our friends in Sebastian about 8 miles away. It started out just misting but enroute we ran into a torrential downpour for about a mile and then it let up and by the time we arrived at our destination it was pretty much rained out. Encountered the same experiences on our way home but the heavy rain had moved about two miles south.
I'm sleeping pretty well at night but in the morning when I wake up it seems very attractive to roll over and spend some more time resting. Must be something to do with age.
Safe travels Lee and LuAnn.
Mailed out checks to 25 of the 34 people in my football pool so another season has ended, Interestingly the fellow who finished first never had the highest score in any week and one fellow who won three weeks didn't end up in the top 6. I finished exactly in the middle and won nothing. Wait til next year.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good evening from Lexington, KY everyone.
A little light rain in OH as Kathie predicted but it didn’t last long nor was it heavy. One car ahead of us at The Ambassador Bridge. Usually we see lots of Ontario tags on the way down. Today we saw two. Pretty smooth sailing all in all.
These folks in KY must not have heard about Amicron! Very few masks. Panera Breads has a sign on the door requesting everyone entering be masked.
I think hearty Canadians can handle cooler temps too Bill.
We’ve heard of some shortages in FL Dave. Like half and half for coffee! Really?? Hope your shopping trip went well.
One step closer to that fancy lift chair Pat. Good for you.
If our bedroom light is on it creates glare on the TV too Nancy. We rarely have either on though.
How did Art make out Kathie? That baklava looked pretty darned good!
Time for a sip of wine. Have a good night and we’ll check in tomorrow.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Checking In How Are You GIF

LEE….Looks like you did good on the road today. Thanks for stopping by.
Art has had his maps and iPhone on the kitchen table looking ahead for any bad weather in your way. LOOKS GOOD FOR Friday’s drive.
Bad weather is mostly hitting here and there and going EAST.
Let’s hope it stays out of your way.
Screw the NON-MASKERS.

OUR choir just sent out a message saying we ARE NOT singing in church the next 2 weeks. Smart move.

Art passed his EKG and is to get a Eco gram in June.

Pat how did you do today?

Safe travels Lee on Friday. At least it’s NOT Friday the 13th! Ha ha.

Nite Wrabbits.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Not to worry, Lee. I was able to purchase Half & Half at Publix yesterday and didn't notice any empty shelves in the entire store.
Looks like the Pats/Bill game on Saturday afternoon may show off Buffalo in all its snowy glory. Go Pats!

Today's mail brought an application for my annual fishing trip in NH. It will be the 50th anniversary of the first trip. I didn't begin participating until the third or fourth year of the trip and have only missed three or four over the years. It is interesting that in recent years the trip has been organized and run by many of the sons of the original group (including my son Kevin).
BB-Is it me or are the recent plot and subplot twists in The Blacklist becoming difficult to follow or understand or follow?
How did you make out with the Lift chair? This place has two recliners in the living room but they are a bit hard to get in and out of.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
And it's Friday ALREADY.

So far so good on your travels, Lee. It's interesting you mentioning a TV in your bedroom. Something many people have. Not this guy. Never have. That's like putting a pool table in your bathroom.......doesn't belong. (In my never to be humble opinion.)

No major shortages at the grocery store yesterday, BB. The toilet papers shelves were a bit low, but not out. On the TV news they often show almost empty breakfast cereal shelves. But if you look real hard you'll ALWAYS still see boxes of Grape-Nuts. GEE, I wonder why??? The only thing Kathi snatched up that wasn't on the grocery list was a box of Lemon Creme Pie Pop Tarts. Oh yea, did you ever get a chance to shop for a lift-chair yesterday?

Yup, I figured it was a gas fired fireplace, K2. Those are so nice. And don't require chopping up logs and ash removal. It's beginning to seem like Art and handlebars don't get along without at least 1 fight a year.

"Temperatures are due to plunge here this weekend all the way down to the 60's". Now that's a phrase you won't be hearing here in Ohio, Bill.

"Robet".......Is that you KC?

Off to the treadmill. Maybe.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good Friday morning, bunnies! I hope that wherever you are that you are keeping warm. And that includes here in Florida.

Lee - Sounds like you are making great progress as you head for warmer climates. As Bill said, there is no real shortage of Half & Half at Publix. Sometimes they only have the low fat variety (blah!) but most times they have full strength. Aside from using it in coffee, I like to use it in mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs.
You ain't seen anything yet, as the saying goes, when you see how many people here in the great state of Florida do not wear masks. Most follow our governor's policies, so need I say more?

Bill - I tend to agree with you about what's going on with Blacklist. I had trouble staying with it last night as it really didn't stay on track. I hope it isn't going to turn into a bummer season. Might have to watch that football game tomorrow, if it snows. Those are my favorite type of games.

Dave - We have a TV in the bedroom, but there are times it isn't used for months and months. These days I put it on for a few minutes as I get ready and into bed. Within 10 minutes I'm asleep, so Bert just shuts it off when he comes to bed.
Never had a chance to go out looking for a chair yesterday. Not sure what's on tap for today either. I don't want to go looking over the weekend when the stores tend to be more crowded.

It would be very nice if "Robet" is KC in disguise. Tell us more ...

Kathie - Good news for Art on the EKG and a good idea of canceling choir for a couple of weeks. Just too much still going around to let your guard down.

Time to try and figure out our day today. G&E will be moving stuff and themselves in this weekend, so I better get anything done I want done today or forget about it for the weekend. Have a wonderful day, everyone. Stay safe and behave!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well for this Southern Gal it is cold, have to wear long pants and full slippers today. It is 64 now here in Fort Pierce and not supposed to get much higher.

I use the tv to help me get to sleep actually ad I do set the timer for shut off.

Yesterday requested full refund for the canceled Royal cruise for next month. Also helped Bruce with filling in a hole in the back yard that some animal had made and Bruce told me that the bike that was in that area could go tot he garbage so in late afternoon I put it and a broken folding lawn chair and a replica ship chandelier, that is about 60 years old and all rusted out to the road for pick up. Well Bruce was not happy that I put the chandelier out so he went to retrieve it and non of the 3 things were there, in the half hour they had been there someone came by and took them. Better them than us.

I don't have any plans for today.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good AFTERNOON Wrabbit!
Well, we're plunging real fast into single digit temps here in PURE "F'ing" Michigan! Ha Ha. How quickly I change my love for my STATE when it gets cold outside! The GAS COMPANY is going to love the fact that I've jacked up the heat today here inside our house.
Might have to just move into the HUTCH and stay in my nice warm Cubbie if things keep getting colder and colder this weekend. :eek:

Freezing Cold Weather GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

PAT: If your ears are ringing today it's only because I've thought of you a few times while making a HUGE POT of "Meat SAUCE". I'll be making us a small Lasagna for our dinner tonight. Then I'll get ready to vacuum seal the rest after it freezes in the Food Save Bags. Gotta love that machine. Hope you have tried yours on something like meat. Sauces require a PRE-FREEZE and then you can vacuum the air out.

Lee: Hope today's travels have been easy on you, Lu-Ann and the pups! Hope the roads are still dry. You're getting closer and closer. Take care. And make sure to DO THE DRILL at those rest stops!

Nancy: I'll be real interested in knowing if you actually get a REFUND for your cruise. Our poor Dave and Kathi have had to re-schedule their cruise a few times and RCCL just wouldn't BUDGE about giving them a refund for their REALLY EXPESIVE cruise. Keep us up to date.

NEGC: So do you think you'll be going on that 50th Anniv fishing trip. Is Kevin going to be going? You and Rita are lucky to missing out on this week ends UGLY WEATHER forecasts for the East coast. Even if it's chilly in Florida it beats snow, ice and single digit temps back at home. Take care.

DAVE: Art said he is feeling so much better in his RIB area. Now if we could only figure out how to WIRE his BRAIN to stay away from frozen ice covered POT HOLES he might be okay.

I'm off to buy some
Ricotta cheese at the Italian Market 1 mile from our house off the same road we are on. Love that it's so convenient.

YOU ALL STAY WARM and SAFE.

We had another church member pass
yesterday. She passed from natural causes ... OLD AGE.
She was a long time church member and always had a smile on her face and was a hard worker for the church. May she RIP. The new priest from Tenn said that he has served at MORE FUNERAL since his short time here at our church than all the time he was at his Tenn church. Ha Ha.... get use to it buddy. This isn't going to be a piece of cake job. You'll be working your tail off with hospital visits, home visits, funerals, weddings, baptisms and a dozen other kind of services.

Later gang!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
LEE: If you have time, I think you really need to stop in Belleview, FL and check on our missing Bunny! Tell her we ALL MISS HER BIG TIME! Thanks!

A’Burg Guy

That's like putting a pool table in your bathroom......
Actually Dave, we did have one in the bathroom. There just wasn’t room for the table and the cues. So we replaced it with a ping pong table.
Hiya from beautiful Smyrna Georgia. Another good day on the roads. Until we were about 20 miles from the north border of Atanta. A five lane parking lot. But we are here.
Thanks to you and Art for keeping an eye on our travels Kathie. We saw that there is a HUGE storm coming into parts of the US. Just not the parts we’re going to be in. Cloudy tomorrow and may a little rain but a beautiful day in Kissimmee. We give every room the “Kathie Treatment“ when we check in. Lysol wipes used every where.
Whenever we toss sort of good stuff to the curb Nancy we sometimes watch to see how long it takes to disappear. The funniest one was our friends who put out a non working microwave. It disappeared. Overnight, it showed back up on their curb!!
I will reserve any comment about your Governor Pat. I am, after all a polite Canadian. Who wears his mask. So far most stops have ranged between 50% and 80% of mask wearers. Lots of masks in Aldi‘s in Cleveland, TN. We stopped for lunch at Panera and I went in to Aldi’s for a couple of bottles of Winking Owl Wine. Hey, I have my priorities…
So Bill, what are the odds for tomorrow’s game? I’ve seen a really wide spread so we’ll use your source.
I’ll reach out to Karen once we’re in Kissimmee Kathie. I have, as most of us have done, in the past. I’ll leave any reply up to her. And dammit, yes, I think we all miss here.
Time to walk the pups. We’ll see you all, Good Lord willin‘, tomorrow from Kissimmee!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Excellent report Lee. Art is thrilled your travels have been so good. He loves to hear the names of the places you’ ve gone through or stopped at. Smyrna is 47F now going to 37 later tonight. Same in the morning. You’ll live through that and be warm once you hit Kissimmee.
Sleep well tonight. How are the pups doing?
Gotta get this yummy Lasagna on the table.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Lee, the latest spread I have seen for the game is that the Pats are getting 4 1/2 points. Considering the weather predictions, I expect it tp be a low scoring game but who knows for sure.
Did you really have to bring that cold Canadian weather with you? As a New Englander we can handle it, but you might have shown a bit more consideration for thin-skinned Floridians like BB and KC. :)
I sent in my deposit for the fishing trip today, K2 so, the good lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will be fishing in New Hampshire in early June. As I mentioned, the sons of many of the first guys who originally organized this trip are now running the organization. Kevin is the group's treasurer so he and I will both be going. When he was just a youngster he, and several of the sons of our friends,spent six weeks at the original camp in Moultonboro, NH.
Haven't been to either of the two pools at this place because, while the weather has been nice, it really hasn't been warm enough to use the pool. If the forecasters are correct, that situation won't change for at least another 7 or 8 days and over the next couple of days we may get rain. Nothing like what is going on back home though.
First pieces of forwarded mail are beginning to appear, but a check of the postmarks indicates that it is taking about ten days to get from home to hear. Kevin mailed the fishing trip application directly to this address. and it only took three days to be delivered.
Dave, this place has a large screen TV in the living room and a smaller TV in each of the bedrooms, none in the bathrooms or the kitchen.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
15F here right now. WIND CHILL = 3F.

Negc: Hang in there and stay warm. Hopefully, the furnace works in the rental!
Good to know you'll be at the 50th Anniv of the Fishing Tourney. Would hate to see
you miss that after all these years.

Time to check out the late night news and throw another blanket on the bed. :eek:

good night sleeping GIF by Chippy the dog

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
A snow storm is heading east toward our area. But luckily it seems to be going to miss our town. Cold though. Upper teens this morning and only lower 20's for a high today.

You really had a ping-pong table in a bathroom, Lee? Bet you kept the toilet lid down. Good to hear that your travels are going smoothly. I worried a bit when they said snow was going as far south as Atlanta.

You are going to have a "fun" weekend, BB. New tenants moving in. Have you collected their security deposit yet?
1f601.png
I'm easy when it come to coffee. Black, no cream, no sugar.

Nancy; Wishing you luck on getting a full refund on your cruise. Some people luck out. In about 2-3 years we've been given one excuse or another, and only say we can do is book another one. They're sitting on about $4,000 of our money.

You are so right K2 that those vacuum food saver machines are so good. We've yet to use ours for any liquids. Yea, I've heard that people are dying to get into your church.
1f644.png

It's been a long time since Buffalo was favored over the Patriots by 4 1/2 points, Bill.

Nothing really planned for today, just winging it.

Stay safe and stay careful.

Still waiting, KC!!!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well when this Floridian woke just before 7 this morning it was 41 out. And yes I do consider myself a Floridian as I moved to Fl when I was 16 and am now 71. The temp is up to 51 now. Tomorrow they are saying rain for us.

Yesterday Bruce put different lightbulbs in the fixture of the ceiling fan and again I had to unscrew 3 due to the reflection on the tv. So I guess this afternoon we will go to Lowe's and see about getting a different fixture, that has only 2 bulbs and a cover over them.

I sure hope the refund comes thru from Royal, of course have to wait at least 30 days.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Freezing Cold Weather GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
8 degrees here right now! But.... it's SUNNY!! :clap002:

Dave: Sealing liquids in the Food Saver isn't a issue if you just PRE-FREEZE. I have 3 containers in the basement freezer full of the yummy Tomato Sauce I made yesterday. Later today I'll bring them upstairs and VACUUM SEAL them for future use. Never any crystals of ice if you use the Food Save machine. I love it. It's best for chicken pieces and pork chops. I remember having to throw that kind of stuff out because of freezer burn. Not anymore. And when I find a bargain on meats (not many bargains lately) that machine came in handy BIG TIME!

LEE: Like Dave said...........we sure hope you missed the bad weather that has been all over the TV. By now you should be home-free and approaching your final destination today. Hope you didn't put your SHORTS on just yet. You don't want to "look like a Canadian SnowBird"! LOL

Today we are going to be busy taking down our Vertical Blinds in the kitchen Bay Slider Door area. (known to me as a doorwall area) and the Bay kitchen sink window and laundry room window.
The Plantation Shutters that we ordered months ago have made it to the USA. I just PRAY they fit and look good and work. The vertical blinds have worked for decades, but I've always wanted the shutters. Since we haven't gone on our extended vacations because of Covid, we spent some of the money on these shutters.

Dang it looks like something like Dr Zavago outside. Bright, but totally cold.

Pat: Like Dave said..... hope you got the 1st and last months rental fee and deposit from G&E. The nice part is that they will be bringing their CLEANING LADY with them!

How many dogs do they have? Have they been looking for a new house yet?
Stay warm down your way.

I'm off to get some HOT COFFEE and then get busy on our project. Always Something!!

You all have a fantastic day. Check in and let us know what went on.

Nancy... I just saw that you posted. Did the cruise company actually say they were mailing you a refund or were they just thinking about it.

DAVE: You should try and see if RCCL would refund your $4000. Never hurts to keep trying. Of course, you might just really want to go on the cruise after being in the house all this time. Have you looked into buying a HAZMAT SUIT? Ha ha. Can never be too safe these days.

A’Burg Guy

A quick check in from Buc-ees in Warner Robins, GA. At least 150 fuel pumps and most are busy. This place is like a carnival!
On the road again!
Stay safe my friends.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Happy Saturday, gang! Keeping with the theme of the day around here, it's very chilly (59) here right now. At least to this Floridian.

Lee - Let me be the first Southern Belle to graciously welcome you, Lu-Ann and your babies to Florida! Sorry it's not hotter, but sure beats what you had at home. Sorry tomorrow is going to be a rainy day, but it will be a good chance for you to get settled in.
So you've discovered Buc-ee's? Isn't that place a hoot? I do hope you went into the bathroom while there. According to Travel Channel, they have one of the top ten restrooms in the country! It is really unreal. We need to make a trip to Buc-ee's one of these days. There are a few things we get there that we can't get anywhere else and have to get a new supply of Beaver Nuggets for the whole family. They love them!

Kathie - Bert still hasn't used his food saver. I don't know what he's waiting for. Heck, he hasn't even taken it out of the box!! He wants one of our girls to show him how to use it, I guess. You picked the right time to make a big pot of gravy. Tomorrow I'm supervising the making of a big pot of beef stew. That will see us all through for a few days as we survive this cold front.

Robet - One little posr and poof! you're gone? As Desi used to say to Lucy, "You got some 'splaining to do! Who are you? Where do you live? What made you decide to post on our thread?. Lets of questions and no answers. Get with the program and fess up!!!

Bill - I think that's great that you guys have been doing your annual fishing trips for all those years. I also like that your other half also gets to do a girls' escape time too. I do hope that football game from Buffalo is a good snowy one. It's been a long time since I've seen one of them. We aren't expecting much from the Steelers game beyond letting Ben play one more game.

Dave - It sure is going to be a fun (?) weekend around here with Jimmy picking up stuff and Gary dropping off stuff. Then someone is going to want to eat for sure, but tough luck fpr them. We're going to a beer tasting this evening at our amenity center. This will be my first venture out since before Thanksgiving. It'll be a pretty small group, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Nancy - Have fun picking out a new light fixture. I hate having to do that.

Guess I better get off here and get a few things done before anyone arrives to disrupt the rest of my day. Have a wonderful Saturday, gang. Stay warm and stay safe!