Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Animation Illustration GIF by Flat-icons.com
This is the kind of day we will have here. SUNNY, then CLOUDY and later on we should have SHOWERS. Hope it all holds off until today's BRIDE at least gets into the church!! It's REALLY SUNNY now at 11:10 a.m., but only 53F. Still cold for me.

GOOD MORNING WRABBITS! And you BET we are ALL SPECIAL LEE.....that includes Lu-Ann, Kathi, Bert & Rita too! (gotta include the spouses) LOL

DAVE: By now you are home and munching on something after getting your NECK picked on. Hope it all went well and didn't hurt too much.
I heard about he 6th grader shooting at people in her school. Must have a really ROTTEN home life to have those kind of issues at that age. I told Art that when I was in the 6th grade the only thing I worried about was getting picked to stand in front of the class and read something out loud!

Lee: Can't wait to hear about your rehab orientation session. I'm sure you will be able to benefit from going to the sessions and that they will be SAFE! When do you get your 2nd JAB of Vaccine? Hope your "Nurse-Driver" stopped by Starbuck's on the way home.

starbucks shaking GIF by Frappuccino

I'm off to the Dollar Store to run in REAL QUICK and buy a Wedding Card. They wanted $4.50 for a card at our Krogers display the other day and I'm just not into spending that much for a card that I can get for $1.00 at the Dollar Store and it says Hallmark on the back of it!

I picked out a 'church dress' that actually still fits for the Wedding I'm going to attend today. Jill and I are ONLY GOING TO THE CHURCH SERVICE! And we, unlike probably most of the rest of the guests, will be wearing our MASKS. This is Jill's Godmother's Nephew who is getting married and since the Serbian folks are really tight knit we almost have to show up. I know I will get plenty of "&^%$&" when she finds out we're not attending the GRAND RECEPTION at the Country Club! LOL These people are TRUMPSTERS and I know they won't be wearing MASKS at the reception. I just couldn't go there and walk around with a mask on and feel comfortable. So better to just stay home. I've been to this place before and other than the music and flowers it will be the same as the last wedding! Overdone! LOL

Pat: I read about Missy's uninvited Fishing guests at their pond. Hard to believe people would pull up in their car and just start fishing on property that isn't theirs. And then when asked to leave they didn't until Jimmy went out the 2nd time. CRAZY.

Bill: Hope that Rita is getting better and that the CT SCAN didn't show anything unusual. I hope you are starting to pitch your things that YOU know you won't want to drag over to the new house. A good time to DOWNSIZE and save your kids the work later on! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Karen: How's Miss Scooter doing today? Animals seem to recuperate much quicker than humans. Hope Buddy is doing okay. Any results yet on him?

You all have a good day and you know the DRILL by now. Try and stop by and let us know how your day went later on.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
And once again I have time for a quick post before we take off out of here. We nee to return books to the library, stop at the bank and go to Home Depot, so I can pick up a small plant for the girls should they decide to visit us on Mother's Day. Haven't heard from any of them as to whether they're coming over here or not. I hate when that happens as you really can't plan your day. Oh well, time will tell, I guess.

Dave - Definitely the worst one running for governor is the one we have right now. He just signed a voting rights bill that is more restrictive that even Georgia's. He is a lil t wanna be and is planning to run for president following lil t's model and will attract his supporters. God help us all, if he ever gets in. He doesn't care about any type of home rule. He feels that if he says it, it has to be obeyed like he's the supreme commander. Reminds me of how they control people in some foreign countries. That's what he wants to do here. I can't discuss him with anyone without dropping multiple F-bombs, as he makes me so mad!

Kathie - Better you than me having to be so involved with all these weddings within your church community. Someone's Godmother's nephew wouldn't be on our radar. Heck, I wouldn't know my Godmother's nephew or if there even is one.
That crew that decided to fish in M&J's pond really has big ones. They are not on a main road and are at the end of a long dead end street. How they found this and why they showed up there to fish will forever be a mystery to M&J. Just hope they don't come back when no one is home and do anything to retaliate for Jimmy chasing them away.

Lee - How did your session go this morning? Did you get that Starbuck's coffee afterwards? Did I tell you that they are planning to open another Starbucks right outside our community? There had been one in Poinciana, but they closed years ago due to lack of support. I guess they figure to chance the area again with the college right across the street. Time will tell if that works for them.

Bill - I too tried to call Rita but go no answer. Your new place looks beautiful and I love that flowering tree in the front yard. How did Rita make out with the CT scan. Any idea when she will get to go home? I'll catch up with her one of these days.

Karen - Isn't today a beautiful day in the neighborhood? Mid 80s with very low humidity. A rare treat for us Floridians for sure.

Just got a message from Laurie that they want to come for a visit tomorrow. Guess that's in place of a Mother's Day visit. This will be only the second time we've seen them since all the COVID crap started! They come to Orlando to ride roller coasters, nut never have time to come see us because we're about a half hour away from the theme parks. Talk about having priorities!! Last I heard, they also have not gotten to get their vaccines. Don't get me started about that!!!

OK, I ended up with more time than I expected. You can thank Bert for deciding to spend a really long time reading in his personal "library" aka the bathroom!!! LOL

Now it is time to run. Enjoy your afternoon, no matter what you have planned. Just remember to follow the rules and stay safe! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Rained all the way to the church. Like a HARD RAIN. Stopped down to a drizzle when I got to the parking lot. Jill was there waiting for me. We went inside and Low & Behold everyone had a MASK on. CHURCH RULES. This was a Presbyterian Church. All that money spent and it was over in a flash. Pretty bride. Loved her dress and flowers. Glad we decided not to go to the reception. I POURED as soon as I got into my car in the church parking lot. Even got HAIL when I was on the Freeway. Now that was scary.
At least it stopped long enough for the guests to get in and out of the church.

Came home and had a absolutely delicious dinner that I made earlier before I went to the church. Smart move...I was hungry.

Only think I miss is not getting a nice piece of WEDDING CAKE.

Okay gang. I'm tired and want to see if there is anything on TV and hitting the bed early tonight. It feels like SATURDAY to me, but it's still only FRIDAY! Going to be a LONG WEEKEND.

Nite all.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Hi Guys!

Hoping your orientation meeting went well yesterday, Lee. And that you are learning new ways to handle and overcome the speed-bumps in your rehab following your surgery.

My minor skin cancer spot went quicker than I expected. They got all of it out on the 1st cut. Stitches come out in a couple of weeks. After each cut they send a sample to their in-house lab to put under the microscope. And in half an hour come back with the result.

My goodness K2, you picked out a "church dress" out of your closet. From what I've seen in the past few years, I didn't know people actually still wore "going to church" clothes. So many go in now wearing T-shirts, shorts, and scuffed up sneakers.

BB; I sure wish they'd hurry up and indict and prosecute the Buffoon soon, for some of the illegalities he's pulled. Maybe then some of the shine will finally come off of the false God some people have made him out to be.

One of you Bunnies asked whether the son who purchased the electric car has to pay more for license plates for it. Yes, they are $200 every year. I guess that since it's an electric car the State figured out that they wouldn't be getting any more highway road tax out of these people since they'll no longer be buying gasoline. (That's about 50 cents a gallon.)

As a matter of fact, Kathi needs to go over to his house this morning to babysit 2 granddaughters while he and his wife go to the DMV to get license plates for their cars. Both of them purchased new cars recently. Hers is still gas powered.

Since my legs have gotten weaker and I can't stand for very long, I decided this year to hire a power washing company to do our siding, gutters and our vinyl white fence. Here's a hoot, They charge the same for doing the whole house as they do just for the fence. The guy who started this business is an interesting fella. He's a Massillon fire fighter who began this sideline so his wife didn't have to have a job and could stay home with their 2 kids. Heck he even gives a big discount to first responders and veterans.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, gang!

Kathie - Glad you didn't get soaked going into and out of church for the wedding. Driving with hail really is scary. Almost as bad as driving through the center of a fierce thunderstorm watching the lightening hitting the ground all around you.

Dave - At this point in our lives, it's better to pay someone to do something rather than try to do it yourself and possibly get hurt. Bert used to do the pressure cleaning of the lanai and the driveway & sidewalk. Now he'd rather have M&J do it and he pays them. We keep it in the family!!

You know what they say about best made plans? Well, my best made plans just went to h*ll in an instant! Laurie just called to tell be that her husband is sooo sick from getting his second vaccine, she's having terrible allergy attacks and her oldest feels like she is going to get sick. Bottom line is that they are not coming today after all!! Mind you this is after I've already parboiled 10 hot sausages and was ready to start cutting up peppers and onions. We also have a huge bag of rolls from Sam's that Bert picked up yesterday. Made a trip to Home Depot and bought beautiful hanging baskets of flowers for each of the girls. Needless to say we spent lots of $$$$ for all of this only to find out they aren't coming.:mad: We have not seen them since Christmas and were looking forward to spending a nice day outside on the lanai catching up, as I don't get to talk to Laurie very often. Only good part is that now I'll keep the one basket of flowers for myself. If someone else doesn't show up, it will be a win/win for me as I have a double shepherd's hook that I can hang 2 plants on in the yard!!

Is it too early to start drinking yet?

Time for me to put all the fixins for peppers, onions and sausage away. Dave - How fast can you get here???

Have a good day, everyone, and try to remember it's a Saturday!! LOL:)

Negc

Chief Security Officer
And once again I have time for a quick post before we take off out of here. We nee to return books to the library, stop at the bank and go to Home Depot, so I can pick up a small plant for the girls should they decide to visit us on Mother's Day. Haven't heard from any of them as to whether they're coming over here or not. I hate when that happens as you really can't plan your day. Oh well, time will tell, I guess.

Dave - Definitely the worst one running for governor is the one we have right now. He just signed a voting rights bill that is more restrictive that even Georgia's. He is a lil t wanna be and is planning to run for president following lil t's model and will attract his supporters. God help us all, if he ever gets in. He doesn't care about any type of home rule. He feels that if he says it, it has to be obeyed like he's the supreme commander. Reminds me of how they control people in some foreign countries. That's what he wants to do here. I can't discuss him with anyone without dropping multiple F-bombs, as he makes me so mad!

Kathie - Better you than me having to be so involved with all these weddings within your church community. Someone's Godmother's nephew wouldn't be on our radar. Heck, I wouldn't know my Godmother's nephew or if there even is one.
That crew that decided to fish in M&J's pond really has big ones. They are not on a main road and are at the end of a long dead end street. How they found this and why they showed up there to fish will forever be a mystery to M&J. Just hope they don't come back when no one is home and do anything to retaliate for Jimmy chasing them away.

Lee - How did your session go this morning? Did you get that Starbuck's coffee afterwards? Did I tell you that they are planning to open another Starbucks right outside our community? There had been one in Poinciana, but they closed years ago due to lack of support. I guess they figure to chance the area again with the college right across the street. Time will tell if that works for them.

Bill - I too tried to call Rita but go no answer. Your new place looks beautiful and I love that flowering tree in the front yard. How did Rita make out with the CT scan. Any idea when she will get to go home? I'll catch up with her one of these days.

Karen - Isn't today a beautiful day in the neighborhood? Mid 80s with very low humidity. A rare treat for us Floridians for sure.

Just got a message from Laurie that they want to come for a visit tomorrow. Guess that's in place of a Mother's Day visit. This will be only the second time we've seen them since all the COVID crap started! They come to Orlando to ride roller coasters, nut never have time to come see us because we're about a half hour away from the theme parks. Talk about having priorities!! Last I heard, they also have not gotten to get their vaccines. Don't get me started about that!!!

OK, I ended up with more time than I expected. You can thank Bert for deciding to spend a really long time reading in his personal "library" aka the bathroom!!! LOL

Now it is time to run. Enjoy your afternoon, no matter what you have planned. Just remember to follow the rules and stay safe! :)
CT Scan was good. When Rita got her new phone, the salesperson failed to transfer her contacts information. If you call me, (617 823 2246) I will be able to put your phone number in her phone and she can call you. I know she would like to talk to you. She had her hair done yesterday and the hairdresser at the rehab facility did a very good job.. We are hoping she will be coming home by the end of next week. We now have signed Purchase and Sales agreements on both properties and hope to close on the new house on or about May 19th and our condo not too long after. The new house is currently unoccupied so we will have time to move in at a reasonable pace.
The kids have been actively involved in helping us sort out all the "stuff" we have accumulated over the years so I guess we haven't really spared them much. Hopefully we will be better in the future about what things we keep

Negc

Chief Security Officer
CT Scan was good. When Rita got her new phone, the salesperson failed to transfer her contacts information. If you call me, (617 823 2246) I will be able to put your phone number in her phone and she can call you. I know she would like to talk to you. She had her hair done yesterday and the hairdresser at the rehab facility did a very good job.. We are hoping she will be coming home by the end of next week. We now have signed Purchase and Sales agreements on both properties and hope to close on the new house on or about May 19th and our condo not too long after. The new house is currently unoccupied so we will have time to move in at a reasonable pace.
The kids have been actively involved in helping us sort out all the "stuff" we have accumulated over the years so I guess we haven't really spared them much. Hopefully we will be better in the future about what things we keep. It may be a while before we buy a replacement for Rita's RAV4 but she has indicated that given how we were able to emerge relatively unscathed from the accident, she is inclined to get another RAV4. Once we settle in to our new home we can deal with that. Have to go now and do a few errands before heading over to see her. Hope all of the mothers here have a very happy Mother's Day.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Busy Bunnies! And isn't that great.
My session went well yesterday and I'm in for six months! I will see nurses, kinesiologists, a dietician, a physiologist and a cardiologist as part of my regimen to get back on track. The cardiologist is the brother of my Kitchener Urologist. It sure is a small world unless you have to paint it! :p Oh ya. Total cost to me for this is $0.00. I'd be foolish to not participate.
This morning was a big step forward for me. I walked my Katie half way around The Navy Yard.
It's always five o'clock somewhere Pat. Buy why wait until five! Wish I lived closer. I'd help you put a dent in those sausages and peppers. Always willing to help a friend in need. The down side is that you miss a chance to see Laurie.
So glad that things went well with the skin cancer place Dave. What a rip off for electric vehicle plates. Here in Ontario e-plates are actually less expensive in an effort to encourage people to "go green". No Kathie, not THAT "Go Green".
I'm curious Kathie. Did the wedding party (bride and groom) have masks on? The say it's good luck to have rain on your wedding day. That being the case hopefully these folks will have a long and happy marriage. Lu-Ann went to Costco while I was in the rehab. The route home didn't pass a Starbucks (I knew it was only a block over) so we didn't get one. Maybe another day. I hope I didn't miss any updates on your friend Nick?
Hey there Bill. I see you popped in while I was pecking away on here. I sympathize with the "stuff" that you and Rita have accumulated over the years. At least you have kids and grandkids who may want some of your memories. No matter how high a premium Lu-Ann and I put on stuff a lot of it would up going to charity and the dump. Both things were hampered here with COVID closing so many donation sites.
Karen, I hope that the shock of the vet bill for the kitty kids hasn't knocked you off the boards for a bit! Our Ava has been having tummy trouble. Unbeknown to me while I was in hospital! The vet bills so far are just a tad over $1400! Scans, X-Rays, blood panels, medications. ARGH!!! She does seem a tad better now though.
OK, I should go put my feet up for a bit.
Please friends, if you're out and about watch out for the other guy. Especially if they don't think masks and distancing should be adhered to!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Just a quick post to let you know that I got to talk with Rita!!! She's about ready to climb a wall, so she's definitely feeling a lot better than when she first got to the hospital. So far all looks good on her recovery and she wants out of rehab by Friday whether through discharge or just signing herself out. That's always a good sign.
I told her you all send your best and she thanked us all for thinking of her.

That's it for now. G&E have volunteered to come over tonight to help us eat the peppers, onions and sausage sandwiches. You can always count on them to help consume food!!!

Time to chop up some veggies and get the show on the road. Later, gang!:chef:

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
Thanks for the update on Rita Pat.
I always question whether it’s a good idea to sign yourself out of a hospital or rehab setting. An extra day or so can make a difference. Even though we’d all rather be home.
Any sausage and peppers left? No, I didn’t think so. ;)
Here by the river and lake we sure do get some neat cloud formations. For example, the sky just looks angry this morning and the forecast is for rain in the six o’clock hour. Then more rain throughout the day.
I think I’ll try to doze back off for a bit. These damned pills have me up to wee every three hours or so all night. Not only am I not used to taking any medication I was always able to put my head down and sleep through the night.
To all of the Mom’s with kids, grandkids and pets in the hutch, you all have a great Mother’s Day. Let yourselves be spoiled rotten.
Mothers Day Love GIF by Hello All

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Mommies of 2 and 4 legged kids! It seems that the #1 gift most mothers would like today is just peace & quiet. And people not wanting something from her.

Morning Lee. Good to hear you back to snoring.

Looks like an all day rain around here, with only a high temperature in the low 40's. So as usual nothing much planned for today. This cold spell looks to be hanging around till next weekend.

Yesterday Kathi made another poke-cake. This time lemon. Now who doesn't like lemon? If unfamiliar with a poke cake, it's pretty much a one layer white cake that you bake and let cool down. Eventually ending up in the fridge. Then she pokes holes in the top of the cake with either her finger or some small kitchen tool. Then makes up some lemon Jello, and after it cools down a bit, and pours it over the top of the cake where the liquid Jello goes down in the little poked holes. After that, it goes back in the fridge. And when it's ready to be served she lathers on Cool Whip as the icing. YUMMY!

I hope you got to see that Vax concert last night on ABC. A very large crowd of vaccinated 1st responders with all sorts of recording artists, movie & TV stars, and even the President and First Lady, and Prince Harry. Quite a good show.

Now where are those left-over sausage sandwiches???

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, be ye a mother of 2 legged children or 4 legged children who either bark or meow! It's our day to shine, ladies!!

Kathie - Spending the day in virtual church today? You're being very quiet these days. I hope everything is ok up your way. Not like you to not post anything since Friday. How's your friend Nick doing?

As expected, G&E came over with her boys to volunteer to consume some sausage, peppers & onions. We do still have about 4 of them left, so I see another meal along the way. Missy just called to find out what time they should come over. Silly question, as I told her to come on over whenever they want. We have lots of goodies to consume around here. She said she should have made a bet with Jimmy that I would say that!! G&E may also come back later, so it should be a busy day around here.

Sorry some of you are getting such crappy weather. Lucky Karen & I are having another Chamber of Commerce day here in the Sunshine State.

Dave - I make a similar type poke cake. To make the holes I use the handle of a wooden spoon. I also make it once in a while with instant pudding poked into the holes and once it's chilled, I pour a chocolate ganache over the top. Makes it taste like a Boston cream pie! YUM!!!

Lee - I tend to agree with you about signing yourself out of the hospital, but Rita wants to get to go home from rehab. That's what she may sign herself out of.

Karen - Pool time today or are you going to go see Wendy for Mother's Day? Whatever you are doing, enjoy it. How's Scooter doing with less teeth?

Time for me to run. I do want to get in a bit of ME time before the masses descend on our house. We're all set for Mother's Day type of drinks too ...Mimosas, sunrise mimosas, bellinis, or margaritas, if someone so desires.

Have a fantastic day, everyone! Stay safe!! :loveya:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Mother’s Day to all Mom’s. 2 legged kids and 4 legged too!

I couldn’t get on this sight since Friday. Just kept saying it wan’t working. Go figure it really was okay! Crazy WiFi!

Nick is doing better. He’s in Rehab for 2 weeks. Has to be able to move around on his own to get back to his apartment at the Sr residence!
It’s raining here now. Bummer.
Lee glad you are going to go to the classes. Lucky to have such a good program. Hope Ava is feeling better.

Dave that Lemon cake sounds good.
Karen, Pat you gals have a good day.

I waiting on my family to stop by. I told them we will see each other for Ashley’s B-Day Thursday, but they said they still coming over.
I made the Little sausages in crescent rolls for them and. Chili/cheese dip to scoop with Tostitos scoop chips. It has a bite to it. All simple out of can & jar. Ha ha.

Art & I are having chicken Shis-ka-bobs tonight for dinner tonight. Simple dinner w/ salad.
Les: Glad you were able to walk around Navy Park. That’s progress.
Later. Hope this post shows up.

A’Burg Guy

"Poke is diced raw fish served either as an appetizer or a main course and is one of the main dishes of Native Hawaiian cuisine." I had to look that up Dave because I thought "what the heck is Kathi feeding you?" Now I know that poke cake is a whole different dish! WHEW! I like the sound of Kathi's dish over "Hawaiian poke".
Hope that you have a nice time with family today Pat. It sounds like, as usual, you have all of the food and beverages under control! Your poke cake sounds like something I'd really enjoy too!
I had trouble getting on the other day too Kathie. All I was getting was a white screen. Glad to hear that Nick is doing better. Good for him! I like the sound of those mini sausage rolls. Float a few of them across the river please. Dinner here is fresh French stick and homemade roasted red pepper and crushed tomato soup!
Before the real rain hit we did manage to get Ava and Katie around the Navy Yard. I went part way again with Katie. Lu-Ann took Ava all the way around. We got in the car to come home and it hasn't stopped raining since! I do hope it stops around 7:00 pm like they are suggesting. We have a frost warning for tonight so Lu-Ann will want to bring all her plants in. I cont do jack to help as they're all over 5 pounds. :mad:
I hope the rest of the bunnies are having a great Mother's Day!
See you tomorrow.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Time to put this Mother's Day to bed. It's been fun, busy and very tiring. M&J just left so now it's time for me to get comfy, grab an adult beverage (scotch!) and settle in to watch some TV before I call it a night. Missy & the kids will be back tomorrow after they have their eye doctor appointment, so no sleeping in again around here. They should get here around noontime, but who knows, so we better be ready to feed them again.

Have a good evening, everyone, and sleep well!:sleep002::sleepey smile::)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Had a fun inside Mother’s Day. No rain, but it was cloudy snd threatening.
The family liked the food goodies. Art & I had our chicken around 6:00 and all was good.

Sounds like the rest of the Hutch had a good day too.

Art had a 8:45 am eye appt to get possibly his last eye injection. I get to get up and drive him since they dilate his eyes. Lucky me! Ha ha.
Time to call it a night.

Have a good Monday gang.
Lee: When do you start to go to your therapy sessions? Is it far?

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good thing Kathi has a better memory than I do. Last night as we were watching 60 Minutes she asked if I remembered that I had an ultrasound on my neck this morning. NOPE. But gee, I get to sleep in for this one. I don't have to leave till 8.

You really had me interested In Hawaiian Poke Fish Lee, until I found out that it was a salad made with raw fish. I like fish, but not raw. I'm happy to hear that you are making slow improvements in your ability to walk with the doggies. Just keep these improvements moving SLOWLY.

Add me to the list of people that couldn't get Cruise Addicts to come up the other night, K2.
"Chili/cheese dip to scoop with Tostitos scoop chips. It has a bite to it." With the way you guys suggest tasty foods, I swear that you're trying to make me fat. KEEP PLUGGING AWAY NICK!

BB, the way you cook meals with so many offerings you should have one of those food trucks.
1f601.png
Good appetites and especially teenagers make it all worthwhile. Nothing worse than 1/2 of what you make becoming leftovers.

So KC, any pool time for you on Mother's Day? Just walking outside here yesterday was enough to get wet. That is if you enjoy being wet when the temperature is only in the 40's.

Time for me to start getting ready for my trip to the hospital. At least now that I'm fully vaccinated I don't fear going there as much as I did just a few months ago.

Another thing that I'm thankful for.

The other night it dawned on me that something I take for granted, seeing colors, I never think about. One of Kathi's sons is color blind. Can you imagine not seeing the bright reds and yellows of flowers? Or the different shades of nature or even clothing.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Quick Good Morning before I drive the Mister to his Eye appt.

Dave: Hope you do well with your early Ultrasound appt.

I wonder if Kathi's son has given any thought to wearing the rather expensive glasses they make for Color-Blind folks? I've seen video's online of people who get them and can finally see COLORS like you and I do and it's heartwarming. I wonder just how much those glasses cost?

It was 33F this morning when I passed by the thermometer on the wall! Yikes....that's just NOT RIGHT for MAY 10th!! The nice thing is that it's SUNNY!
I'll never get back out on my bike or even think about doing walks if it doesn't warm up soon.

Okay, I need to get going. Be back later

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! If your temps up north don't start to warm up soon, I'm going to be too embarrassed to tell you what our weather is like here right now. I'll just say one word about it - BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kathie - Glad your gang liked your snacks yesterday. We always have Scoops on hand to dip in melted cheese and salsa. Sometimes I just take the easy way out and use Rotel and Velveeta as our cheese sauce with sausage added in for an extra kick. Haven't done it that way for a while though.

I have to admit that I goofed on something yesterday. We had leftover chicken cacciatore and I made the mistake of making angel hair pasta as Nathan requested. It was just too thin and sucked up all the sauce. I should have made linguine or some other type of pasta. Oh well. Live and learn.
Tonight is leftover sausage, peppers & onions just for Bert & I alone with no company.

Dave - I'm with you on not eating raw fish. Anytime we go to a sushi place, I always order a spider roll. That's made with friend soft shell crab and is really good. I forget the name of the other roll I will order. It's made with warm cream cheese. I do have one major rule about any of those rolls and that is if it has krab, I don't want it. That's phony crap that they pass off for crab, but is very rubbery. I just don't like it. Bert doesn't mind it, so if we have fried rice and there's some of that phony krab, I just pile it up on his plate. Works for me!

Lee - Nice that you were able to walk part way around the park. Are you still using the walker?
Aside from the poke cakes, a very popular one here with my gang is a peach dump cake. You just take a large can of peaches, juice & all and dump it into a 9x13 pan. Then spread a box of dry yellow cake mix over the peaches and follow that with melted butter poured on the cake mix. And that is that! So easy to make and always a big hit with the boys. I usually dust the top with powdered sugar just before serving.

Enough food talk on here for this morning before Tony comes back to haunt me! Time now for me to take my meds and do a breathing treatment before Missy & the kids get here. I don't think they will stick around too long after the trip to Restaurant Depot, but you never know with that girl.

Have a wonderful day, everyone. You northerners stay warm and my fellow southern belle stay cool. Hopefully, I'll be back late. :)