Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning Bunnies! (I think I partly enjoy watching "CBS Sunday Morning" at 9 AM each Sunday is just seeing Fuzzbutt jump when they play their theme song....on a trumpet.)

Loved your video KC of "Hot, Hot, Hot". I've never seen that particular video. I don't think I've ever been on a Caribbean cruise where the pool band hasn't played that song. 85 bucks, not bad for a service call, adjustment, and maintenance instructions.

Lee; Pleased to hear that you've got a Friday session for post surgery therapy orientation. It's a tough spot to be in to adjust to a new reality. But in your case, at least there's a way to get back to your previous reality. It just takes a trunk-load of patience.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzve3i18hbY

Happy Easter! Not much sun here today, but there's also not much chance of rain either. And close to 80. Hope you're getting something similar, K2. Maybe the perfect day to put up your awning.

There you go again BB, taunting me with a BLT. I'm way overdue for ordering or making one. Arby's still remains the best place to get one. As long as you ask them to cut back on the mayonnaise.

Here's a show you might want to record; CNN at 9 PM tonight. A documentary on late night TV shows. It should be funny.

Not a lot planned for today. A few small chores and lasagna for lunch.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hristos Voskrese..... HAPPY EASTER TO ME! LOL

So far so good as far as the SUNSHINE and temps rising. Should be a fine day to get stuck in the kitchen until after the Easter Luncheon is over. They're coming over at 1:30'ish. Not sure what you call it when you eat at 2:00 pm!!
Anyways, all I have to do is turn on the ovens and warm stuff up and cook the corn on the cob that I found at the Veggie Mkt. Looks really young and and good! Nothing like having Michigan corn, but it looks pretty close for this time of the year.

DAVE: WOW.... that video of "Counting your blessings" sure took me back about 6 decades. Haven't heard it in a LONG TIME. Yup, we all need to COUNT OUR BLESSINGS. Just being able to get out of bed on our own and walk to the Coffee Pot is a blessing most mornings! :emoticon 0136 giggle:

Lee: You should be able to get to the park and sit and do some people watching. And while you're there.... Count your blessings and meditate. Soon you'll be back to doing way too much. Trust me, we have at least 3 open heart surgery choir members and they are all back doing all the things they shouldn't be doing! One is still sneaking "smokes" when he gets away from his wife. One is eats way too many things he shouldn't and is heavy, heavy, heavy (I mean really heavy) and one is trying his best to enjoy life without stressing! So hang in there and relax and accept the BREAK as a temporary thing. You've got this buddy.

I'm thinking our Big Park will be busy, busy today with this nice weather. I'll be back later.

You all get out and take in the FRESH AIR. Thanks for the Easter greetings! You're all the best extended family a gal like me could ever have.;)

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Happy Easter, Kathie! Have a fun day with the family. I hope you get your awning up too. That would make it a real win/win day for the Anderson family!! Go easy on that dishwasher though. They only last so long. Heck, I don't have to worry about that though. I can't remember the last time I used our dishwasher. It's just too easy to wash a few things by hand. I'd have to save a week's worth of dishes to fill ours these days!!

Those fisherman were not actually ON our dock. They were in their boats just beyond our dock. Hope I didn't confuse you all about that. Oh, and by the way, I did find the outdoor channel that the fishing show is being shown on and already have it marked to record.

Dave - To me there's no place like home for a BLT. I have yet to find anywhere that makes it exactly the way I want it. Bacon has to be really crisp and the toast has to be lightly toasted and still warm. Nothing I dislike more than cold hard toast for my sandwich. Bert's just the opposite. He likes dark toast and it can sit there waiting for him no matter how long it takes to get to. Better him than me is all I can say.

Lee - I hope you get to spend some time outside today with that beautiful spring temps you are getting right now. May as well enjoy it, as you know spring isn't here to stay just yet in your neck of the woods.
Being able to get that therapy on Friday is great. We all need help handling things once in a while. By the way, I think I remember hearing that Bill had bypass surgery years ago, but I might be talking about a different Bill.

Speaking of Bill and Rita, I sent Rita another email, but still haven't heard from her. I'll give her another few days and if I still hear nothing, I'll give her a call. Trying to avoid doing that as I know she has got to be getting lots of calls booking cruises right now. I did also send her a message on FB this morning, but she hasn't been online yet today.

Karen - Not a bad price for that garage door fix. How's your sister feeling now? Have you managed to get to the pool this week?

Another quiet day around here is planned. I thought we were going to have Nate and Jennifer here bright and early tomorrow while M&J were at the design center picking out their final upgrades on their house, but I just got a message from Missy that the design center isn't here but north of Orlando, so the kids will go to their babysitter instead. I was looking forward to seeing the kids, as we haven't seen then in a couple of weeks, but maybe I can talk them into coming over later in the day. I was hoping to get some eggs from them, but now I guess we'll just get them from Publix. Definitely not as good, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right.

I hear Bert rattling around in the bedroom, so I guess he's about to put in an appearance, so I guess it's time for another cup of coffee. Have a great day, everyone, and have fun whatever you're up to. :bigwave:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good Morning!!

Kathie, a very Happy Easter to you & the family! Hope the weather holds out & you can get the awning up. I remember last year when the family came over & got it up for you and made fast work of it too!

Dave, a good reminder to all of us...we have so much to be thankful for....and when I count my blessings I count all of you! Hard to believe we've been chatting with each other all these years!

Pat, I talked to Jane earlier this morning...she's feeling much better...but still having tummy issues....I told her she needs to call the Dr. if she's not all better by tomorrow...but you know how that goes...siblings never listen!
I have to make myself use my dishwasher at least once a month or so...usually after I've been baking or have company over. I've heard if you don't use them the seals can dry out & they will start leaking...not sure if it's true or not...but not going to take that chance.

Lee, you had a major health scare so I'm not the least bit surprised there is some mental fall out to deal with as well as the
physical. It's good to know your health care system has plans in place to deal with that....when my Dad had Quadruple bypass surgery there was nothing like that available here for him.

Temps are relatively mild so far today...but it is going to get hotter as the week goes on. Haven't made it down to the pool yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to get a call from Barb this afternoon wanting to swim.
I've started looking at getting prices to get the cracks & settling in my concrete driveway fixed...one guy was supposed to come out at 10 this morning....at 9:45 he message me & said he couldn't make it this morning, but could come this afternoon...uh- No...he was the one who set the appt. for today... I had asked him to come Mon. or Tues....then he said it would be approx. $3,000 to fix the end of my drive....I told him that was out of my budget, but thanks anyway!
I have been doing some research & I'm pretty sure I can fix it myself...might not be perfect but it won't cost me 3 grand either...You tube videos are amazing! That will be a project for this fall/ winter though it's getting to be way to hot to be working outside now! This is the area that needs repaired...worst case if it doesn't look good after I patch it I can always paint the drive...but I sure don't want to do that...cause the color we have to use is so light that it looks terrible from tire marks after just a few days... Have a great day all!

Attachments

• P5010219.JPG
    P5010219.JPG
    969.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P5010220.JPG
    P5010220.JPG
    974.7 KB · Views: 6

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Yep...I was right....Barb messaged me on her lunch break wanting to come swimming....I said ok....and met her down there when she got off...I ended up going in wearing shorts & a t-shirt cause that sun was HOT!!! Pool temp is 84 degrees & felt wonderful....Pool season has arrived!!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Bedroom windows OPEN! Comforter exchanged for a medium weight blanket. Hoping the temps drop during the night. Too early to turn on the A/C unit!

Night from Macomb.

FYI: My friend Elaine is home from hospital. Daughter still here from California.

Bill & Rita: Please let us know how you two are doing! Thanks.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It must be Monday. All the 2 wheeled plastic soldiers are standing at attention at the end of everyone's driveway.

A surprise I liked yesterday. It was suppose to be cloudy all day. Hell, it was sunny all day. And around 80 degrees.

Lucky you KC, getting in the pool. Was it also a wet T-shirt contest?
1f601.png
The guy that wants $3,000 on that small repair is telling you that he doesn't want that job.

Glad you liked the song of Count Your Blessings, K2. Way too easy to spend too much time moaning about our problems.

It's interesting BB that something as simple as a BLT can have favorite ways people like it made. Just on toast, Kathi likes it barely warm, and I like it much darker.

Make it to the park yesterday, Lee? We're all thinking about you our friend. Today will soon be one less day of you feeling lousy in your ever slow recovery. A recovery that is non the less getting here.

Another non scripted day. Who knows what we'll get into.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Big day here! I have a friend popping over for coffee at 9:00! Well, Doug is coming for coffee and a muffin.
This afternoon Kyle, the young guy from the builder, is coming to paint the man door from the garage to the laundry room. It got to cold to do it last fall.
Just sitting here listening to AND counting my blessings.
I will try hard to make it back later.
You guys are all the best. No, THE BEST!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOuxVDgV6CY

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Happy Easter, Kathie! Have a fun day with the family. I hope you get your awning up too. That would make it a real win/win day for the Anderson family!! Go easy on that dishwasher though. They only last so long. Heck, I don't have to worry about that though. I can't remember the last time I used our dishwasher. It's just too easy to wash a few things by hand. I'd have to save a week's worth of dishes to fill ours these days!!

Those fisherman were not actually ON our dock. They were in their boats just beyond our dock. Hope I didn't confuse you all about that. Oh, and by the way, I did find the outdoor channel that the fishing show is being shown on and already have it marked to record.

Dave - To me there's no place like home for a BLT. I have yet to find anywhere that makes it exactly the way I want it. Bacon has to be really crisp and the toast has to be lightly toasted and still warm. Nothing I dislike more than cold hard toast for my sandwich. Bert's just the opposite. He likes dark toast and it can sit there waiting for him no matter how long it takes to get to. Better him than me is all I can say.

Lee - I hope you get to spend some time outside today with that beautiful spring temps you are getting right now. May as well enjoy it, as you know spring isn't here to stay just yet in your neck of the woods.
Being able to get that therapy on Friday is great. We all need help handling things once in a while. By the way, I think I remember hearing that Bill had bypass surgery years ago, but I might be talking about a different Bill.

Speaking of Bill and Rita, I sent Rita another email, but still haven't heard from her. I'll give her another few days and if I still hear nothing, I'll give her a call. Trying to avoid doing that as I know she has got to be getting lots of calls booking cruises right now. I did also send her a message on FB this morning, but she hasn't been online yet today.

Karen - Not a bad price for that garage door fix. How's your sister feeling now? Have you managed to get to the pool this week?

Another quiet day around here is planned. I thought we were going to have Nate and Jennifer here bright and early tomorrow while M&J were at the design center picking out their final upgrades on their house, but I just got a message from Missy that the design center isn't here but north of Orlando, so the kids will go to their babysitter instead. I was looking forward to seeing the kids, as we haven't seen then in a couple of weeks, but maybe I can talk them into coming over later in the day. I was hoping to get some eggs from them, but now I guess we'll just get them from Publix. Definitely not as good, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right.

I hear Bert rattling around in the bedroom, so I guess he's about to put in an appearance, so I guess it's time for another cup of coffee. Have a great day, everyone, and have fun whatever you're up to. :bigwave:
Sorry that we haven't been posting but there are a lot of reasons, none of them very good. After our return home from Florida which involved a serious accident on I95 in North Carolina where her RAV4 was totaled but we emerged relatively unharmed, Rita saw her primary care doctor who determined that she needed to spend a few days in the hospital to deal with a fluid retention problem. When she was released after a few days, we headed home but as she tried to climb the five stairs to the porch of our condo, she fell back down to the sidewalk and dislocated her shoulder and hit her head. So it was back to the hospital to deal with that and subsequently to a rehabilitation facility where she is now. In the meantime we are in the process of selling our condo and have found a single level home in a nearby community which is where our good friends. Rich and Dianne, live. We had an Open House at the condo this past weekend and have received at least one offer at more than the asking price, so things are looking up. I am sure that she would welcome an opportunity to talk to any and all of you but her new phone does not have your phone numbers (less than competent Verizon sales person failed to transfer her contact information from her old phone to the new one). She is at Harbor House Rehabilitation and Nursing facility and can be reached at 781-741-5183. Unlike the situation at the hospital where only one person was permitted to visit her, this rehab facility allows her several visitors as long as they have been fully vaccinated so, I, Kevin, her sisters and friends have been able to visit. Lisa has not yet received her second shot so she is limited to phone calls.
Thank God for our kids and neighbors or things would be much more difficult. We hope to get more information this week, about how much longer she will need to be at rehab. She is scheduled to have another CT scan on Wednesday which should tell us more.
I tried to post this information last week but some sort of technical glitch wouldn't allow it. Will try to be a more frequent poster from now on.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Lord have mercy Bill, you & Rita have had more than your share of medical mishaps this year!! Prayers for a speedy recovery for Rita!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
OMG! Bill. I just knew something was wrong and was ready to send out a search party, if I didn't hear from you or Rita within a few days. I sent her a couple of emails and a message on FB, but was so worried when there was no response. Now we know why. Thank you for sharing this info with us. We will be keeping both you and Rita in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Definitely a good move getting rid of the condo. Sounds like you're going to get more than you expected. That's always a nice perk. I'm sure Rich and Dianne will like having you living in the same complex. That will make 2 more people to keep an eye on you besides family. Good to know.

Sorry for being so late coming to the party today. I didn't sleep worth a d*mn last night. I was still awake at 4 AM!!! Finally fell asleep, but really only got a couple of hours sleep, so my butt is really dragging today. Don't know what kept me awake last night. It sure wasn't counting my blessings. I don't have that many of them. My mind just refused to shut down, I guess. Now I'm paying for it today.

I did manage to do something constructive a little while ago though. I booked a hotel for a trip up to NC to see J&J for a few days and then spend Father's Day, which is also Brian's birthday with Brian, Sara & the kids. We'll be gone for a week, as I don't think we can do the whole 10 hour drive in one day any longer. My back & legs couldn't take it, so we'll stop around Savannah for the night, I guess and do the same thing coming back.

Not much beyond this going on around here today. I do want to start prepping stuff for tomorrow night & Wednesday evening when we will have the gang over. I had hoped we would see M&J today, but I guess that's not going to happen. They had to meet with the rep at the design center for them to do the final upgrades on the home they are building here. I'm curious as to how much more the developer can get them to spend.

Time for a late lunch around here. I'll try to drop back later for more than a quick good night. Have a great day! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
A Late Hello from me. I've been working on "Paperwork" all morning and now into the afternoon. Nothing earth-shattering, but it all takes time. I don't pay any MEDICAL BILLS sent to the house without verifying them first. That is where the time factor comes in. HATE it, but it seems to be part of one of my compulsive disorders! (If Tony were here he'd have a field day with that last sentence) LEE.....just walk away from it. You're not healed enough to get hit in the chest from me just yet) Ha Ha

BILL/Rita: I just knew you guys were having some type of issues over your way. I could feel it in my bones! So sorry to hear about RITA falling again and the hospital visit and now in rehab. YIKES.....unbelievable. That's a heck of a way to force yourselves to MOVE into a one story condo. Thank goodness you have family and friends that will help with the move. You are doing the RIGHT THING for sure. Keep in touch. I'll give Rita a call soon.

SO we have a fantastic SUNNY and HOT almost record breaking day Sunday. 89F here. WOW.
Today, Monday, we have had RAIN. Not a hard rain, but a pain in the butt rain that finally stopped about Noon. Temp is 63F right now. Pure Michigan weather for ya! LOL

Karen: Nice pictures of your driveway. I see that your neighbor must have had the same issues, since he has a STRIP of new cement across the bottom of his driveway. And he has a filler in the SEAM/SPACER of that last slab too. Maybe you're getting a "under -wash-out" from water going into the SEAM/SPACER (not sure what they call that line between slabs).
I'd hate to see you paint that driveway. Can you even do that in your Condo-Bi-Laws? It will chip after awhile no matter what it says on the Paint Can!! We did the inside garage floor and I'd never paint it again.

I wonder how much redoing the whole slab would cost? One thing I know for sure is that you'll figure it out like you always manage to do.

BB: Do you think that Fishing Program would be on a channel that we could all see on our cable coverage?? I see a lot of outdoor programs on some of the far-out channels.

Okay, I really need to get back to the paperwork.

Did I tell you I had a dispute with a ONLINE company that I actually took a chance on to buy a purse. Never got it. Put in a Bank Fraud claim and the bank credited my account. I have been badgering that Online Company for over a month and they actually sent a CREDIT to my BANK account. I never did feel right having the bank reverse the charge. Now I don't feel so bad. Today in the mail I actually got the "purse" (if you can call it that) in the mail. Over 2 months later. It is a piece of CRAP just like the reviews that I didn't read stated. I'd send it back to them, but I'm too cheap to pay for the postage return. I'm throwing it out in the trash it is so HORRIBLE. I wouldn't carry my garden tools in it. :mad:

You all have a good day. Later gang.

A’Burg Guy

My gosh Bill. What a whirl wind for you and Rita. My sincere best wishes, thoughts and prayers to all of you.
Good night to all from a soggy Amherstburg. :sleepey smile: :sleepey smile: :sleepey smile:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Night from Belleview...got a little "crispy" in the pool today....catch you all sometime tomorrow...I have to meet Barb after she drops her van off to get new brakes put on....she's taking me to breakfast & then of course wants to go swimming ....

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Where did all the soldiers at the curb go?

Yesterday morning at about 6 one of our neighbors started off their day not on a good note. Siren wailing, it stopped on the street behind us. I only know that because I could see the flashing lights reflecting off other people's houses. I never did find out what the problem was, and hope everyone is OK.

Speaking of sirens, on the first Monday of every month at noon they test the tornado sirens for about a minute. They have them all over town on the top of telephone poles, and as they blare their warning they rotate 360 degrees. The one nearest us is half a mile away, but you'd think it was in our back yard. How would you like to have one of those in your front yard?

Since Kathi is a bit of a purse fanatic, I found this line to be the funniest of all you Bunnies yesterday. Thanks K2.
"I'm too cheap to pay for the postage return. I'm throwing it out in the trash it is so HORRIBLE. I wouldn't carry my garden tools in it."

You and Rita have been beat up enough, Bill. Good choice on selling your multi level condo and finding a single level home.

Great video Lee. I don't think I've ever seen that performance before. "Peace and love, peace and love."
1f601.png

I'm with you BB in noticing that my back and legs are getting weaker with each passing year. I disagree with you when you said that you don't have that many blessings to be thankful for. You have way more than you think. But most of us just take them for granted and not appreciated.......until it or they are taken away.

KC; "Crispy"? That's an interesting way to say your entry into the pool gave you goose-bumps on your goose-bumps. I see that your nutso Governor must think the pandemic is all over with now, since he's pulled off all restrictions. Nothing can go wrong now.

I see on the news that Taco Bell has some giveaway for tacos since we now have a "taco" moon. Perfect timing since tomorrow is Sinco de Mayo. Ya know, I could go for a taco right now. Yes, with hot sauce.

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

HAPPY STAR WARS DAY! May the 4th be with you.
Star Wars Dancing GIF