Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: I just missed you! You better ditch that BELL before you get punched in the chest by that CARING NURSE! Her constant HOVERING OVER YOU will slowly wear thin after a few weeks. Ha ha. REST and HEAL! Hope you aren't in too much pain.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! I just knew today was going to be a wonderful day and it is! First off I really really got a good night's sleep, even with getting up twice to use the bathroom. I was actually able to go right back to sleep and didn't wake up until the lawn next door was being mowed at 9! Then when I came out to the kitchen, lo and behold, there were my meds waiting for me. Apparently Bert got up early and made it to the pharmacy as soon as they opened. And then the third wonderful thing that happened was to see that our favorite Canadian had posted - twice!! The earth is turning on it's axis perfectly!!

Karen - I hope the vet is gentle with you on how much it will cost to get Buddy checked. After all, you're a regular customer there.
Are you getting a lot of rain? We had a real downpour around 7, but since then we've had nothing. Looking at the radar, I know that is not going to be the case for very long. We should get our running around done asap so we can beat the return of the rain and t-storms.
How's your bump doing today? I hope you don't get a black eye out of it!

Kathie - Good for you and Art getting that new garage door opener installed and working. We had a outside keypad when we lived in Ocala, but for some reason, it was not offered to us when we designed this house. I know a number of other people do have them though and we miss it a lot now. Oh well, we'll just live with what we have and hope it lasts.

Dave - You're lucky that your car is silver and does hide the dirt. Ours is white! It's embarrassing to ride in such a dirty car. Heck, back when Bert had the Saturn, he would get cobwebs on the sideview mirrors! Back in the day, I was always the one to wash the cars, either in the driveway or at a carwash. Rarely did Bert ever suggest taking it through the carwash and then afterwards he would complain that they didn't do a good job. Well, duh ..When a car is that dirty, it takes a few trips through to get all the dirt off.

In view of the t-storms we're expecting shortly after lunchtime, I guess I should get off here and get ready to do our running around. Have a great day, everyone, and I'll see you later! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
BB: I had to laugh at the fact you "Miss your Keypad opener" on the outside of your garage!
You guys don't put your car into the garage! Don't you go in and out the front door the most?
Any HOW...... anybody can ADD a KeyPad these days. It takes 10 minutes at the most. One screw to hold it up and Gary could program the code for you ASAP! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

Google: Chamberlain Universal Keyless Entry . Ours was $39.95 at Lowes and we got a 10% military discount. They sell them on Amazon too.​

We are taking that one back for a refund since the New Garage door unit came with one!

Glad you got your pills. Bert made it all good again!

Sorry about all the rain you Belles have been having.

Karen: Hope things went well for Buddy! :kitty:

Later.....Bedding needs to get moved over to the dryer.
200.gif

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Once again I am going to be the first one to say good night here. I mad chicken cacciatore for dinner tonight and we are just about ready to eat. see you all tomorrow. Night night ... don't let the bedbugs bite!! :)

Kathie - Your post just showed up before my post. We can use the outside keypad because we have to keep our garbage cans and recyclable container in the garage. Bringing them in after pickup means you either have to go back into the house to open the garage door or use the button in the car. A keypad is more convenient, but at this point I don't thin Bert will get it.

See ya tomorrow!

Last edited:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Hello again fellow hutch mates!!

Lee, it's nice to see the Dr's did not remove your sense of humor while giving you your tune up.. I'm sure being home with LuAnn & the pups is helping to speed your recovery....

Pat, wow...Bert must have really felt bad about the medicine mix up to get up so early...
The bump on the head looks better than I thought it would...it's still sore...and when I touch it I can feel the bump...but so far no black eye or black & blue spot on my forehead...

Dave, we have those car washes here too...$2 for a wash isn't bad...I'm not sure how much time you actually get for that $2 but one of these day's I'm going to try it out & see...our's even take debit & credit cards too...

Kathy...I wish the vet bill would have been in the price range you guessed....today's bill was $126....it would have been even more if I had gone along with the "testing" she was suggesting....Buddy does still have a little bit of infection so he got another antibiotic shot & 4 cans of special cat food at $2.70 a can....and he has to go back again on the 5th of May with Scooter for another re-test...the vet did say his bladder looked much better than last time & the infection count was much lower as well....hopefully next visit he will get a clean bill of health...

Bill/Rita hope you two are finally recovering from your accident...have you decided on a replacement car yet?

It's rained on & off here most of the morning...but cleared up pretty nice this afternoon....tomorrow is floor day at Barb's...sure do hope I can get this job over & done with....nothing much else exciting to gab about so I'm going to say good night from Belleview...will check in tomorrow after I finish at Barb's

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: I really feel bad that you had to pay so much for a REPEAT TEST and then you next visit will be even more. Do they have health insurance for Cats? I know I’ve heard about it for dogs.
I hope those Kitties aren’t PASSING a bug back and forth to each other!

Good to know you don’t have black and blue marks. Hope he OUCH goes away soon.

Pat: You sure did marry a stubborn old coot! The opener would help HIM out. Maybe you could tell Gary to just buy it ($40) and program it with a 4 digit number you think Bert could remember. It takes 1 screw into the frame of the door. :D 10 minutes tops.
How’s your breathing doing now that you have the meds? You better be doing those exercises girly!

Lee: Hope you have a restful sleep. Tell Lu-Ann I’m sending her a BIG HUG! You get a fist bump for now! :clap002:

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
It sure is dark in the hutch at 1:30 in the morning...I found out that if I shake my fluffy little tail I can hear a bell ring. Uh oh. Now I know where Lu-Ann stuck that bell. :oops:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer

HOW COOL that helicopter flight on Mars was yesterday!

Finally that policeman's trial is over with. If that jury lets the officer off, I dread thinking about the riots that will erupt. But if found guilty or not guilty there's going to be protests and demonstrations in the streets. Many cities began boarding up days ago.

Very pleased to see you post again Lee. It's all baby steps right now for your recovery. So what is your biggest annoyance at this point, .......and also what is giving you your biggest feeling of joy?

K2; Pleased to hear that you and Art didn't kill each other over the installation of the garage door opener. I think Art overthinks things because he wants put things up right, the first time.

Those outside keypads to open the garage doors do come in handy, BB. Many people don't like to hand out house keys to others, including relatives. But will give close relatives and just a few close friends their code for the garage door. Then leave the house door in the garage unlocked when they know they are coming over.

KC, happy to hear that Buddy's check-up went well. (As well as your noggin.) My gosh, $2.70 for a can of cat food. Good choice on picking roads that are more slow moving when it's pouring rain. No matter what the weather is, some people will always run the speed limit on the freeway.

Rita & Bill; I too want to know what your choice is for a replacement car.

Yesterday was the warmest and sunniest day of the week. 65 degrees. Tomorrow snow is forecast. Only a couple of inches, but geesh.

A’Burg Guy

Checking back in quickly. I have a bunch of answers to questions that you have asked. I just don't have the energy to sit at the magic light box too long.
Today I get my first Pfizer shot. The cardiologist said there was no need to wait so I snagged a spot over the weekend. Another big outing! Not being allowed to drive for the next 4 weeks minimum I feel like a teenager again 'cause I have to ask "Mom" if she can take me to the arena for my shot this afternoon. Then to the doc on Thursday to get my staples out.

Tomorrow snow is forecast. Only a couple of inches, but geesh.
I agree 100%

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits!

Lee: Loved the "Bell ringing" comment! I always knew Lu-Ann could handle you! Ha Ha
I'm thrilled to know that you are getting the Vaccine! That has to be a relief for you to know you'll be 1/2 way to being protected in 2 weeks.
My goodness getting those staples out already. Amazing how the HUMAN BODY can heal itself.

DAVE asked you: So what is your biggest annoyance at this point, .......and also what is giving you your biggest feeling of joy?
I'm thinking the first answer would be
1:"Helplessness" to do all you did 2 weeks ago before your doctors appointment!
2: Being ALIVE after that major surgery is right up there for biggest joy!

Yup, that's about as blunt as I can get with how I would be thinking if I was in your situation.
The nice thing is that you are home and got to sit outside for awhile and got your 1st Covid vaccine and are PROGRESSING WITH YOUR HEALING!
Just think of how much work they did inside your chest. It will take a lot of TIME to HEAL.
Let your body do it's job now and just accept this bump in the road and relax! Be glad you had a doctor that sent you to ER right away!

DAVE: Not going to be PRETTY either way when this Policeman's Trial is finally done. Wonder what the world thinks of the USA having to BOARD up all over the HOT SPOTS in this country every time somebody gets killed! SO SAD.
Did you read about the policeman that got hit over the head at the Capital Jan 6th and sprayed with Bear Spray, and then died that the medical director said all of that DID NOT CONTRIBUTE TO HIS DEATH! Now the 2 jerks will most likely not be tried with his death. Hopefully, they can get them on some technicality. If those 2 attackers were Black they'd be in jail right now. SAD
How's the carpet doing these days? Anymore CHRISTENINGS?? :emoticon 0136 giggle:

Art went biking in this rather cold morning. At least NO SNOW so far.

I made Chocolate cupcakes and homemade frosting last night when there was nothing on TV to watch and will be making a drive over to Jill's to drop off some to them. YES, I ate one for BREAKFAST. Dave would be proud of me! Ha Ha
Then I'll take back the KeyPad for the garage since there was one in the BOX with the new opener machine!

Pat: Dave is right about giving out the keypad number to family and others. Our neighbor gave us his number and now that we have one he will get our number and of course Jill & family too. You can program temporary number into the Keypad too.
Also, we can open this new garage door from our cell phone if we were AWAY in case somebody needed to get into the house . It tells you how long it was open and what code was used. Not sure I'll ever have to use that feature.
Our neighbor has his own code for our inside alarm for when he use to come and check our house when we WENT TO FLORIDA. Nice to be have a trusting neighbor next door.

BY THE WAY Miss PAT.........did you do your breathing exercises today. Better do them NOW!

Bill: How's it going over your way? You sure are QUIET about posting on here. Come on and let us all know what's going on over your way. I'm thinking you'll get SNOW sometime today!

Karen my dear........how are Buddy & Scooter, the two most expensive cats I know, doing today? Hope your FLOORING JOB goes smoothly this time around. I bet you HATE that darn floor by now! Hope your head is doing better too.

I get the feeling this group has a GREY CLOUD over it and could use some SUNSHINE, DRY WEATHER and just plain old BETTER LUCK. Time to call in a exorcist!

Off to get on the road to Jill's. Later gang.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer

Quick good morning from me today. I had forgotten that I have an appointment with the cardiologist today. This really stinks as it's raining quite hard and one way or another someone is going to get wet!

Kathie - Have no fear. I was just doing a breathing exercise which followed today's dose of prednisone which followed the new breathing meds I have to use twice a day. So I guess you could say that I'm fully loaded for now!!

Time to run. Be back later.:)

flgirl51

2nd Officer
I am one sore tired whipped puppy...but the floor is done & came out pretty nice....it went down pretty well just a LOT of up & down on my knees...have to do the baseboard trim & the trim piece for the carpet but other than that it's all done...Barb is very happy with how it turned out...she even tried her hand at cutting one of the last long boards that we had to cut in half length wise...when she finished she told me it was a lot harder than it looked...now I'm off to take a hot shower & relax....Barb sent me home with pizza for supper...but right now I am to sore & tired to even think about eating....catch you in the morning

Attachments

• P4200218.JPG
    P4200218.JPG
    415.8 KB · Views: 8
  • P4200219.JPG
    P4200219.JPG
    552.1 KB · Views: 8

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: Excellent job on the floor. OUCH on your “knees”!
You should do a Epsom salt soak in your tub! A treat to YOU from YOU!

Pat: Hope all went well with the Cardio Appt .

Lee: No sitting outside for you today!
We have enough SNOW here that it dusted the deck and covered the grass. I put cotton pillow cases over 4 plants that pushed up the last few weeks. Hate to see them freeze. The Lavender is Hardy.
I bet you miss your walks by the Naval Park. You’ll be back there soon. Patience!
Hope the Vaccine didn’t cause your arm too much discomfort. Can’t hurt more than your chest right now. Take care.

It’s LATE. Sleepy finally!
Sleep Reaction GIF

A’Burg Guy

Your floor looks amazing Karen!
My first Pfizer Covid shot is behind me. Which is not to say I GOT it in the behind. Not even a tiny ache from the jab.
You know, it’s as dark and quiet at 2:30 in the morning as it is at 1:30.
See you all later.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. As forecast, the lawn, bushes, and trees are covered with snow. A good day for many kids as some schools are closed.

I wasn't a juror, so I didn't see every piece of evidence, but from what I did see on the news I agree with all 3 guilty verdicts in that policeman's trial. I also think that young teenager who recorded the whole incident is why it was such an easy decision.

So happy for you Lee to get the 1st Phizer Covid vaccination shot. Although I was surprised it was OK'd by your doctor. But the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. After the surgeries, you were at your weakest condition, and most vulnerable. The time when you most needed the protection from Covid. If I remember the stats right, that one shot will give you 60% protection. Not bad.

An iced chocolate cupcake for breakfast, K2? My kind of gal. But NO exorcist in the hutch, young lady. I don't want any heads spinning around spewing green stuff.

That's one fine looking floor, KC. Good job. Your knees and back have got to be killing you today.

Refresh my memory BB. What's this prednisone do for you?

Some times my timing just sucks. I planned on gassing up the car before my next yearly test on Thursday. When yesterday, BOOM the price went up 40 cents a gallon. Nuts!

These electric cars are making more and more sense to me. Although it'll be quite a few years before I drive my car till the wheels fall off.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good “Brrr” Morning Wrabitts!
Lee: Glad the Vaccine didn’t cause you any pain in your arm. I’m sure it eased your concerns on getting that dang Covid.
Wear a Double mask once you walk into the doctors office to get those stitches out. And don’t be SHY about making sure whoever takes them out puts on fresh gloves in front of you. I hate when they open drawers and cupboards and touch the knobs and then come at YOU! Who knows what’s on those knobs and handles!

YUP.....you’re reading this from a Germaphobe person! Ha ha. :D

Dave:
Steady 34F here in PURE MICHIGAN. Snow on grass and trees. Streets and sidewalks clear!
Bummer on the GAS HIKE! I went to Costco and got gas for $2.47. That was high for Costco. Still cheaper than Kroger’s. I have $.30 a gallon rewards ar Kroger right now and will use it on my next fill up. By then it should be up to at least $.40 cents off a gallon.

STORY TIME:
My neighbor, across the street with the same garage door open as ours, has a DOVE NESTING directly ON TOP of his garage door motor up in the ceiling. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it. He said they peeked up there and it has 2 eggs. They leave their door open during the day and the male brings in food for his mate! They do shut the door at night. Crazy place to build a nest. Just glad it’s not in my garage!

Karen hope you give yourself a rest from jobs for a few days! Has the rains stopped down in Florida?
BB: How did it go at the Doc’s yesterday?

Since it’s 34F and Sunny, but too cold to be working in the yard I’m going to try and make a braided bread today. I saved a video on how to braid it. Time will tell if I post a picture or not!!

Later.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! Sorry I never made it back here yesterday. It turned into one of those type days. It rained torrentially both going to and from the doctor's office. Some roads were flooded and we had to find alternate routes home. It was an adventure!!

Doctor visit was very easy. Basically in and out. See him again in 6 months. Easy insurance money he earned yesterday!

Karen - The floor looks great. You did a fantastic job, but, oh, your poor knees! Nothing like having boney knees and crawling around on a hard floor. Same thing happens to me when I sit too long. My butt will hurt. There's nothing boney about my butt, but it will hurt, if I'm sitting on one particular chair for too long.

Lee - Where do you come up with some of your comments from? You can totally crack me up. I think we all missed your comments when you were in the hospital. Good to hear that you got your first Covid shot. How is the spot where you got jabbed feeling today? I found that spot tender for a few days.

Have a great day everyone, no matter what you're doing. I'll try to stop back later ...

Dave - Prednisone is to help strengthen my lungs. It's amazing the difference I can see with only taking it now for 3 days. I have more energy. I sleep better. And best of all, I am not gasping for breath! I will be taking prednisone for a month, with gradually decreasing doses until I am down to 1 pill every day for 7 days. I call it my Wonder Drug!

Kathie - Good luck with your bread making today. Sounds like with the kind of weather you are getting in that area, it's a good day to make bread.

Time for me to head out of here. We, ve some running around to do today. We have to pick up some everyday wine glasses. Someone around here (me) manages to break them too often. Now the 12 glasses we bought about 2 years ago is down to only 3, so off we go to BB&B for some cheap wine glasses and hope they last as long as these did.

A’Burg Guy

So what is your biggest annoyance at this point, .......and also what is giving you your biggest feeling of joy?
Well Dave, the annoyance has to be the burden I have become on Lu-Ann and friends. I have gone, overnight, from doing almost everything outdoors and sharing house keeping duties with Lu-Ann to going for short walks in the house trying to build up my strength and endurance.
My biggest feeling of joy is that I woke up from surgery and I know that given the 3 month time frame I will likely be back better than before. Like an old car that you don't realize needs a repair of some sort until it comes back from the shop and you suddenly wonder where the extra power came from.
Don't worry Kathie, I'll be sure that my doc has clean gloves. I'm even taking my own staple puller just incase she doesn't have one. They gave me a nice sani-sealed one when they booted me out of The Resort at London University Hospital. You had asked for a recap of how I ended up where I did. I think that would likely be better explained during a CNN Special Report. But I'll likely do a note and email you all so you can trash it as you see fit!

Trash Throw Away GIF by MOODMAN

I'm so please to see that you are good for another six months Pat. No aches or pains around the jab site! Either that or the rest of me hurts so much the jab is just a minor annoyance. You know, if you'd stop finishing your glass of wine, yelling "OPA!" and smashing them on the floor those glasses would last longer.
Off to rest up a tad. My big trip to the arena for my shot took more out of me than I was expecting.
All of you stay safe and well.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
PAT: Not sure that bread is going to get made today. I goofed off too long taking a long shower and doing my hair this morning that I've run out of steam to do bread.

Lee: Don't worry about Re-Cap you need to concentrate on resting and getting your strength back. Small walks inside the house off and on is a good idea.
And I really don't think you are a burden to your Sweetie. She's just HAPPY you are HOME!

Out of here. I was in here changing the mailing address on our Car & House insurance on Bill-Pay. The insurance company sent a notice they have a new billing address. Always something.

Snow is still on the grass. Temp is 39F now.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: We went around the HUTCH and installed NIGHT LITES here and there so you can find your way around on those early morning trips to the bathroom.
Hope today was a good day for you! Getting STRONGER and stronger!
bugs bunny win GIF by Looney Tunes

Dave: Hope the carpet measure folks don’t come too early.