Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good night from Belleview....an exciting & historic day for our country....and hopefully the beginning of the end for the virus, the violence and all the turmoil we have experienced in this country over the last 4 years... probably won't get to check in before I head to the eye dr. so I will see all you good people when I get back....and hopefully that will include you too Mr Silent Sam on the West coast....miss you!!

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two days watching Joe (is it ok if I call you Joe?) and Kamala. I feel like I could sit down and have a beer with both.

I didn’t realize how on edge I was with the moron trump being in power until yesterday when I saw so much class displayed. It was worse than I thought.

In the end, I believe Pence had our backs since January 6.

Anyone else want to go back to Cruise Critic with me and do a Neener, Neener?

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good luck today Karen.
Really nice to see you drop by Tony. Yes, I think that Joe and Kamala ARE real people who just might enjoy that cold one.
Not sure what today may bring. I have to call the vet. My Old Bear had another rough evening. We don’t know if he’s in pain or just getting old. He hasn't been able to settle down the last couple of nights without a couple of doses of his CBD oil. Panting and pacing for hours after his dinner until his “dope” kicks in. I’m concerned and afraid of what the diagnosis may indicate.
You all stay well today.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It sure felt a lot better and safer when waking up this morning. If for no other reason, the Buffoon no longer has the "football".

Yesterday was an emotional day, as it will be for some time, as we get used to the new normal where we aren't always on edge by the rantings of some crazy guy.

I hope that you and all your friends and relatives realize that right now we all are living during an historical time which will go down in history books as a time like no other.

I'd like to thank you Bunnies for all the ideas you gave Kathi for ways to get a refund, and not just another future cruise credit, after 2 canceled cruises.

Since we usually only take one cruise a year, we always go big or stay home adding all sorts of bells and whistles and other extravagances. Starting with just a suite, and building from there. Kathi didn't mentioned how much cash we have on the line for this year's 7 day cruise. 4 thousand bucks. So she's more than a little frustrated every time someone tells her she can't have a refund.

BUT with your ideas, there just may be a way to get that refund. Fingers crossed.

So thanks again you furry little critters. You're GREAT!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits! It's SUNNY.......but BRRRRR 22F degrees outside. Yup, it's definitely WINTER here in PURE MICHIGAN! Good for the folks who go skiing and sledding and snowboarding.....not so good for people like me who are stuck inside the house even more than usual!

Lee: I feel for you and Lu-Ann today. All the best for BEAR at the Vets today. So hard to know just what our dear pets are trying to tell us. Take care.

DAVE: I can see why you and Kathi are so upset over the Cruise Line trying to STIFF you out of your money. They have it ALL and only want to offer you a fraction of it back, if any. I wonder if there is a Class Action Lawsuit going on that you could hook up with.
I did a Google on How to get back your money from a cruise line during this pandemic/
Here is just one reply. ( There were lots more) I DIDN'T READ IT, so I don't know if would help you or not. FYI:
WELL.......I just went back and read the website and it doesn't tell much more that Kathi has already found out. Perhaps there are other posts if you do the Google that might have more to say. Keep looking.

Well, it's been 1 whole week since Art got his Cataract surgery. He's doing really good except for the fact that his current glasses are useless when watching TV. He takes them off and lets the NEW EYE do all the work. Says it's amazing how clear he can see. READING is a issue since the NEW EYE only is set up to do DISTANCE and he can't get new glasses until both eyes are done. Can we say like by APRIL. :dizzy: Oh well, IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING! :confusedvb:

Tony: I totally agree with you that having the Buffoon fly off into the sky yesterday was a relief. I did get online and listened to his pathetic LAST speech. It was the usual ME, ME, ME. He did wish the new administration WELL. Never mentioned Bidens name. And did say he would be back "in some form". Let's hope not.

I doubt very much in years to come that he will show up like Bush, Clinton and Obama did yesterday and have a chat like the 3 of them did on last nights program. The less the PRESS and anybody else has to say about him the better.

I thoroughly enjoyed the INAUGURAL PROGRAM last night instead of the usual BALLs. The only thing I missed about the BALLS were the DRESSES the ladies would have worn.
The fact that so many people who love going to open concerts got to see some of the BIG NAMES singing last night was a treat for everyone. They did a great job with the selection. It was nice when they flashed into the White House and showed Joe and the family just being themselves.
I know Joe did a lot of things in the past that some folks just can't forgive him for, but we must move on and hope that he can CLEAN UP the MESS that the other guy left on the doorstep. At least he spent 8 years in and around the White House and is familiar with what is expected of him. I just hope and pray that he and his VP are SAFE from the HATERS who did our country such hard on January 6th. They might have been kept at bay yesterday, but 4 years is a long time to keep them out of harms way.

Both Art and I are still feeling good after our Covid Shots. Thank goodness. I must say that I did feel like I wanted to take a NAP yesterday, but I was too interested in watching the events of the day and just ignored that feeling. Today I'm more interested in STAYING WARM.

This staying in the house all the time is getting OLD FAST. Time to find another SERIES on Netflix to eat up a few hours of the day. I have a list from friends suggestions that I need to look over.

You all have a good day and PLEASE STAY SAFE if you VENTURE OUT. We've all made it through 1 year of this mess, well almost 1 year, and it's no time to let down your guard.

Later.............

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
DAVE/Kathi: Here's another website (or whatever you call it) that has some comments by people who are in the same situation as you are in. At the bottom are comments from other cruisers. I bet you could find tons of these type of sites, but I'm not sure any of them will get you your money back.
Keep reading and doing your research. Just don't agree to anything until you do some more homework. Good luck.

A’Burg Guy

The initial thought about our Bear from the vet is that it could be from fireworks set off to celebrate, no, CELEBRATE the new President and Vice President. She knows that Bear is afraid of those things. We'll monitor him today and go from there.
I'm picturing a little knob on the side of Art's head so he can adjust the focus of his new eye from distance to up close.
Speaking of little knobs, what will we all talk about now that t is out of office and hiding away in FL.
There's the phone. I called the cabinet place seeking guidance on adjusting the doors. No obvious adjusters like the hinges at our old place.
Later my friends....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, or at least what's left of it, everyone! What a relief waking up this morning and not fearing what might have gone on over night due to the cry baby. After all the binge watching of TV recently, it will go back to being off all day and only turned on in the evening, if there's something we want to watch.

I can totally understand Kathi & Dave's frustration trying to get their money back from the cruiseline. On our last cruise, we got a Next Cruise certificate in anticipation of G&E's originally planned wedding and cruise. Needless to say, that never happened. Luckily, we never actually got to book that cruise and the only money we put up was the price of the Next Cruise ($200) Just got a notification from Royal Caribbean that our Next Cruise will be good until September 2022, on condition that we book something before April 2022. Hopefully, we will get to use it sometime in the not too distant future.

Lee - Poor old Bear. Could you hear fireworks by you? There were none in this area, but considering what a
RED area this is, I was not surprised. Definitely there will be some friendships ended in this neighborhood as a result of the election.

Tony - Nice to see you drop by last night. How's the weather out your way? Any trips to McCloud in the offing?

Kathie - Glad Art is doing so well with his new eye. At least the other eye won't be done until well after the drops have ended. You think keeping those drops on schedule is fun, try to imagine having both eyes done within 3 weeks of each other and then try to keep track of which drops in which eye and how many drops daily. I had to make a chart to visually keep track of it all.

Just found out our community manager is in the hospital with COVID and that she's in rough shape. I hope and pray she recovers, as she's one of my favorites around the community and is usually at all advisory committee meetings, when they were held. Her daughter is our lifestyles director who plans all the fun events in the community and also our favorite. Both are so easy to talk to.

Got the crew coming back again tonight. They asked if they could come back to finish off the stew. Each ate 2 bowls of it and they want more. Then that will be the end of stew for this go round. Plus, of course, there will be a cheese board to help fill them up before the stew.
Next major soup will be seafood gumbo, but that has to wait a while because it's $$$$ to make. It will come though.

Oops, I done missed the noon hour, so now it's time to say good afternoon and I'll see you all later. Time for a trip to the post office to mail out a package, Walgreens for a prescription and Publix for a loaf of Cuban bread to go with the stew tonight.

Have a wonderful day, stay warm and stay safe, everyone! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Pat: Good to know your STEW won’t have time to make it to the freezer! Ha ha.
Art asked me if I had any “Cheater Glasses” around the house from when I would use them and I had a 3- pack from where-else but COSTCO!
He tried one pair out and CAN NOW SEE to do HIS CROSSWORD puzzle! This is going to make things much easier for him since he is on a SLOWER schedule than most folks that get Cataract surgery. He still is in awe at how well his distant vision is now!

Here’s a IMPORTANT HEADS UP for all of us to be aware of.
We are slowly reviewing insurance polices and other financial accounts.
Today we called about a Life
Insurance policy that we wanted to verify that Jill was listed as a contingent.
Well, after many transfers and even a scheduled return call from the insurance company the nice lady said she couldn’t see “ME” listed as the 1st Beneficiary! This was a policy from Fords! Art joked that he hoped it didn’t show his ‘girlfriend’ on the policy!
The lady said it might be on a different computer system that she couldn’t get into as she is working from home! Joy,Joy!
She emailed me Beneficiary forms to fill out and is also sending out paper forms in the mail to add MYSELF & JILL to the policy.

LONG STORY SHORT....go over your life insurance policies and make sure they are all in order BEFORE you need to make a claim.

Also called to make our Required Minimum Distributions from various accounts get DIRECT DEPOSITED into the bank acct. can’t trust the Post Office these days!
I did sign up for a heads up on just what MAIL will be delivered into our mailbox each day. It’s amazing they take a picture of the envelope and e-mail it to me everyday!
Don’t ask me how did that.
I think it was when I was trying to track the missing Package from December!
I did get a notice that the missing pkg should be delivered FRIDAY! I’ll believe it when I have it in my hands.
(Me if little faith)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: Sure hope it was just the sounds from the Fireworks on the TV that spooked Bear. Who would have thought that would happen. But a dogs ears are super sensitive. Keep us updated on how he does.

Pat: Fortunately the eye place gives you a chart to keep track of the drops.
I can’t imagine doing this for both eyes done within weeks of each other!

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
Hah, hah, another day has gone by with me not seeing trumps face spreading lies. It feels so good.
I hope that you all with eye problems get the fixes that will help you.

Is Bear better today?

Good night from Gilroy.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Friday morning guys!

Thanks for more tips on getting a cruise refund. Kathi has received claim forms from the people who issued the cruise insurance. Oh goody, more paperwork.

Speaking of the postal system; Yesterday we received a Christmas card that was mailed on December 20th.

K2; Kathi too gets a notification of what mail will be delivered each day. But, and there's always a but, we don't always get all of what's on the list. Happy to hear that your old "cheater-glasses" worked for Art.

That sucks that your Community Manager came down with Covid, BB. And just as vaccinations started being available. But I hope that it reminds residents that the virus is indeed in your community.

Lee; Sad that Old Bear is getting nervous and edgy now. If this keeps up, I know you won't delay in getting him to the Vet. Come to think of it, how's the Vet in your new burg compared to your old place?

As usual not much planned today. For a while now Kathi has occasionally sent each grandkid a postcard. (Kids love getting mail.) Today she wants us to go around town taking pictures of fast food place, and turn the pictures into postcards. Before this lockdown she would individually take each one to the place of their choice for lunch. So she'll write on each picture postcard, "Can't wait to go here again with you."

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Gang! We have been having snow FLURRIES on and off this morning. Looks pretty from INSIDE the house! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Here's something to keep you busy today. Put Bernie Sanders by your house!
https://bernie-sits.herokuapp.com/
All you have to do is click on the above link and add your ADDRESS and a Google Earth picture of YOUR HOUSE with Bernie sitting at it will show up. You can then save it and share it with your family or crazy friends! I've loved seeing all the BERNIE Sanders posts with him at Bakeries, biking, sitting on a bench etc, etc. It all started because he came to the inauguration with mittens and a sensible Winter Coat on and sat off to the side early on. If you don't have Fbook you won't see all the cool pictures, but you might do a google of Bernie Sanders and his mittens and something might show up.
This is one of my favorites: Hope it shows up.
1611326793542.png

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning!! And another beautiful day in the neighborhood....unless you live next door to Mar-a- Largo....:emoticon 0130 devil:

Dave, hopefully you & Kathi will persevere & get your cruise refund....this is for the 2nd cruise that they cancelled right? If I remember correctly you cancelled the first one under their new cancellation policy...then rebooked a new one?

Pat, such a devoted family to make the sacrifice to come eat up your leftovers....more like moocher's who know a good thing when they see it!
:emoticon 0100 smile: Will keep the activities director in my prayers....so sad that still so many people REFUSE to believe this virus is real...that was some powerful koolaid lil t was passing out!!
Lee, hoping Mr Bear starts to feel more like himself soon....but good to hear the vet did not see anything serious to make him concerned....it's a rough feeling to see out pets in distress...

Kathie, wish me luck...thanks to your comments about the password book I ordered an address book to put my passwords in...going to try & tackle that later today...there is a lot of stuff in my book I don't even use anymore...
Well, well. Tony ...look who slid in here from the west coast...nice to see you again.... I thought about making a goodbye, glad to be gone post over on CC but never did....probably get the whole thread pulled....
Eye dr. visit went well yesterday....I still HATE doing that field vision test...but the tech went over & above to make it comfortable for me...I was having trouble breathing with my mask on & my face stuck in that cone thing....so she gave me one of the disposable masks to wear & turned a little portable fan on me to get me some air...super super nice people...I go back Monday for a pressure check & believe get the results for the test....sure would be nice to finally get this all sorted out...it's been almost a year...and has never been right...
Have to head out in a bit to pick up the community directories & pass them out on my street...we are running a bit behind this year and people are starting to call... talk to you all later...

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Don't forget to give this a try. It's something to do! ha ha

https://bernie-sits.herokuapp.com/

Dave: Neat idea for Kathi's latest "Kids" project. She is quite the Grandma!
Good to know she's filling out forms to hopefully get a refund. KEEP HARD COPIES that are DATED for your files. And take the envelopes to the POST OFFICE and make sure to get a TRACKING NUMBER. I might actually see my lost package delivered TODAY according to the tracking information.
I actually like the fact that I get a e-mail message about what is going to be in my mailbox the day of delivery. If I don't feel like going out in the cold to retrieve the mail I don't have to. LOL. Not sure how I did that sign-up, but it's working.

Lee: How's "BEAR" doing today? Hope it was just the fireworks that got to him. Let us know how he's doing.
How are you and Lu-Ann doing in Quarantine? Time to get in the kitchen and bake something to keep busy. The FLOUR & SUGAR in our grocery store is always low in stock when it gets cold like this.

BB: I think you and Bert should think twice about going to the Grille until you find out if the area offices, etc have been DEEP CLEANED as they say from the latest employee getting the Covid. Like Dave said.........it's in your community and who knows what kind of cleaning they are doing in the offices. The staff and other employee's hopefully are getting tested after that lady ended up in the hospital. Hope she gets better soon. The vaccine you got is still not fully active in your system. Be extra careful. The last thing you and Bert need is a trip to the hospital. Okay, don't yell at me.......I'm just watching out for you! ;)

Tony: So what are you up to in your neck of the woods? Do you get outside for walks. I know it's steep around your area, but you could drive to a park and walk around. Good for your muscles and your mind too!
I'd love to go to our park and do a walk, but I HATE THE COLD. Add WIND CHILL to our already low temps and you won't see this gal walking anytime soon!

Karen......Got that garage all straightened out yet? Art has been SLOWLY cleaning stuff out of the basement. He had these ATTENDANCE AWARD MUGS in this one area that were lined up by year and he never used any of them. They were a PRETTY FORD BLUE, but hey, when would we ever use them. He said he had the pleasure of SMASHING them inside a garbage bag and they got picked up this morning. I asked him "Why did you smash them"? He said to take up less room in the bag. DUH?? Whatever! Anyways every little thing that we can get rid of that we haven't used in decades is a step in the right direction.

Still need to finish filling out some of the forms I printed off yesterday. I really like the forms that allow you to use your computer to fill them in. Much neater than writing information on them by hand.

Okay, I'm out of here. I need a coffee and Art needs his DROPS!

Be safe and stop by and chat.

A’Burg Guy

Good early afternoon.
Thank you all for asking about my old Bear. He was OK last night so hopefully it was celebrations from Grosse Ile which is three miles due west right across the river from here. From the time he came home he’s been thunder phobic and afraid of the sound of fireworks, guns and the such.
Funny about that three miles...it would take 61 minutes to drive there - if the border was open!
I changed the lyric to this Jimmy Buffett tune, A Lot to Drink About, by simply switching out Barack’s name. Funny how it applies today about 12 years after it was written...

Let's hope Kamala and Joe won't let the volcano blow
And patch the hole in our sinking ship.
I bet they sure will!
Other than that I kinda got nothin’ today. Which, when we’re not supposed to go out except for groceries, medical appointments or to walk the dog(s) is not surprising.
You all behave and stay safe.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Whew...finally got all that account information & passwords transferred to the new book....all nice & neat...for now...I do write the passwords in pencil because some of the sites make you change them every so often...
Talking about late mail deliveries....the other day I got one of my credit card statements in the mail...I opened it thinking it was for this month...and nearly had a heart attack when I saw the amount...it was about 4 times the amount I had scheduled already to pay online...looked again and the statement was for the month of NOVEMBER!! I noticed when I went to file my paid bills last month that I could not find the statement for that account...but thought I had just misplaced it with the holidays and all...turns out I'd never even gotten it...should be interesting to see when the statement for this month shows up, as it's already passed the closing date as well...good thing I do all my stuff online instead of waiting for a bill to show up...
Ended up not having to hand out directories after all...they had enough volunteers with out me...now I need to find some lunch...later gang...

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, everyone! I had all sorts of good intentions this morning of getting a post done here bright and early. You know what they say about the best made plans? Well my best made plans included having internet. For some unknown reason (aka BERT) we had no internet until Bert disconnected and reconnected the router and the modem.

Last night Bert had Gary look at the computer and the connections. Gary called Brian and between both of my geek sons they think they figured out why our connection is so slow. Time will tell. Gary ordered a network card and something else. If that doesn't do the trick, then we need to get Spectrum in here to check our line. Bert thinks that at one time lightening hit it and that might be the problem. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Dave - Glad Kathi has all the forms to put in an insurance claim. I've had occasion more than once to file a claim regarding a cruise and they were very good about taking care of it, including covering the cost of a trip to the infirmary. Thanks to Rita I learned not to just let it go. Get those forms filled out and make copies of any paperwork you have from the cruiseline. You don't use a travel agent, do you? Too bad, as a travel agent can fight for you with their representative.

Kathie - No problem for us with going to the Grille. Our community manager does not work in our community and when she's here, she's in the office in a different building, not at the Grille. At the Grille, after a table is emptied, someone sanitizes the table and all the chairs, sort of like what that one guy was doing to the podium at the inauguration. They are very thorough about doing this. Heck, one day Bert moved a couple of bar stools away from where we were sitting. The manager told Bert that now he (the manager) had to wipe all those stools down again.

Karen - Glad you had another successful trip to the eye doctor. How come they didn't do the pressure test right away? I get it all done during my one visit a year. Saves an extra trip and more gas, especially now that gas prices are on the rise again.

Lee - Glad to hear that Bear had a better night. At his age you start to worry about every little thing, right?
I thought of you and Lu-Ann this afternoon. I finally got a new planner for this year and as I was copying everyone's birthday in, I came across an entry for February 15th that read
LEE & LU-ANN lunch @ True Blue Winery! Sure missing that this year.

Tony - So glad to see that you dropped by. Just wish you would post earlier while most of us would still be around, or do you deliberately do late posts so that we won't see them until in the morning? Hmmm ...

Bill - How are you and Rita doing at your resort by the ocean? I bet you're keeping real busy having so many of your friends right in the area. You could drop by once in a while, ya know to let us know you still know how to get on here!!

On that note, I will take my leave. I need to fill out the forms for our second shot of the vaccine. I know we still have 4 days to go, but Bert kind of gave me a friendly hint when he put the forms on my keyboard! Once the forms are done, that's one less thing to have to worry about later.

Enjoy the rest of your day and have a good evening. Also someone needs to tidy up the hutch. With everyone staying pretty close to home things are getting messy in here. Kathie, I think you need to get after Art to stop smashing up stuff. :)

I just noticed that both Tony & Dave are now Dance Instructors. Lee - Please loan your tutus to them so they can start dance instructing!!!! LOL