Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Pat, I'm not 100% sure why they are spreading things out like they are at the eye Dr. I do know it's different people who do the field of vision testing, so that's why that wasn't done Tues....and I guess they don't get the results of the other test immediately so that may be why I'm going back Monday....hopefully I won't need to go back again unless there is a problem...cause yeah...gas prices are going nuts & it's a 30 min trip there & 30 mins back

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Gang..........my friend Marie (up 24 Mile Rd) called and said their daughter is not doing well at all. I feel so badly for them. So much on their minds. And get this.......to add more to their "Plate" they SOLD the Condo we have had the privilege of going to for all these years in Boyne City, MI over looking Lake Charlevoix TODAY. They have been thinking about putting it up for sale since their daughter got so sick. They haven't been up their but once all last year. Marie was talking to the lady that has their key and watches the place ( she lives in the condo next door) and causally mentioned they might be thinking about putting their place up for sale. Well, she jumped on that and said her brother might be interested. She called him earlier this week and he drove up there and since she has the keys and Marie & George gave her permission to show him the place he liked it and said he would BUY IT. Never challenged the price that George wanted for it or anything. He doesn't want any of the REALLY REALLY nice furniture or bedroom sets, etc, etc. He's going to GUT the place and remodel. My stomach did a flip when she told me all this. She wanted to know if we or Jill or even Ashley wanted any of the lovely furniture for free. We have no need for any in either of our homes.
I called Jill and told her about the SALE and she said EXACTLY the same thing I did...."WHAT...THEY DIDN'T OFFER TO SELL IT TO US FIRST!! Ha Ha. Mark said the same thing too.
Art said they're doing the right thing. The place is 2500sq ft 2 levels with the walk out lower level and 4.5 hours away from here. George's eyesight is slowly diminishing and he doesn't drive at night at all. It was a fantastic place for them and their kids and US and our Kids for years, but they just don't need it anymore. And they might have a 13 yr granddaughter to watch if things don't improve with poor Mary. I told her that we would go up there and HELP her pack things that she will be bringing back here and she said she'd let us know as soon as the lawyer goes over the papers.
Like I said, Marie and George have a lot on their plate right now. Getting this place sold will lighten their load a little. I guess. But life sucks sometimes when you can't help solve your best friends worries and heartaches.

Sometimes you just have to type things on here to get them out in the open. Both Art and I have been been quiet since we heard that Mary is not doing well at all. Jill and Mary grew up together. Stood up in each others weddings too. Mary's marriage didn't work out, but she still to this day has the love and support from her ex-mother-in-law. They all go to our church. It's one huge family whether you're still married or not. I'm rambling....sorry.

Thanks for listening. I think I might just get a shot of Cognac to sell me down. Nite all.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Kathie.....such a hard decision for your friends Marie & George....dealing with their daughter's illness is stressful enough...I can't imagine deciding to sell a home in the middle of all that...but sometimes things work out how they are supposed to work out...and I'm sure having some extra cash will not be a bad thing with the possibility of having to raise a teenage grandchild...will keep you all in my prayers...

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Another weekend has arrived.

Where we hope the Bills beat Kansas City. Hint, hint Lee. (Talk to those young lads.) As of last night it seems that the Chiefs are favored to win by 3 points. In the other Sunday game, of course I'm rooting for the Packers.

Although San and I are dance instructors now, there's no need for Lee to loan us a couple of his tutus, BB. That's because we teach pole-dancing.
1f601.png

K2; Sorry to hear that your friend Marie's daughter isn't doing well. No luck on those Facebook links. But I can see the picture in your post of Bernie and Forrest Gump. It's funny that Bernie is so far out of fashion that he's now in fashion. Oh yea...Was it you in Michigan that won the billion dollar Mega Millions lottery last night?

Yes KC, this April's cruise that was canceled is a re-book of the one that got canceled last April. I know that these eye doctor appointments are a pain, but keep at it till both eyes are working properly.

You are so right San that not seeing or hearing from the Buffoon brings calmness to the country. Imagine his rantings now if Twitter and other platforms hadn't banned him from posting.

Although the sun will come out this afternoon and it won't snow, the temperature will never get out of the 20's.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Once again another morning slipped out of my control. This time I lost the morning talking to Brian. which should never go in the direction this conversation went - politics! Man, he is so still sucking up the kool-aid. It's such a shame that his views are so slanted. I should have known that when he asked how I liked the inauguration and I said we enjoyed it, that opened a can of worms. He said he turned it off in disgust and thinks Biden was wrong to sign all those executive orders. I told him that's the same thing the other guy did to reverse Obama policies, but he felt that was OK. He feels that if Biden really wants unity, he should drop the impeachment of him who will not be named by me again. He also claims, according to his sources, that people were already invading Congress while ***'s speech was still going on and that he told them to go peacefully. Needless to say I called B---S--- to that. And now you know why my morning went the way it do!!

Kathie - So sorry to hear that your friends' daughter is in such bad shape and that so much is on your friends' minds right now, including selling their condo. Sometimes things work in most mysterious ways. I will keep their daughter in my prayers.

Dave - I see where Carnival has also dropped all cruises through April. I think it is still going to be months before the cruiselines can start sailing on a regular, though adapted basis. Breaks my heart that this will be the first year in about 7 years that we will not be able to be on a cruise for our wedding anniversary in March. Any suggestions on what to do instead? By then our second shot will have given us a good shot for immunity against COVID, so we could actually do something or go away. Time to start planning something while we are still pretty much sticking close to home.

Karen - Is it as grim up your way as it is here? Just one of those tye days when you'd like to curl up with a good book or take a nap.

Got the crew coming over later. Gary ordered a new router and network card for Bert's computer and they were delivered this morning. The resident gook will go ahead and hook it all up and hope it solves all the problems we have been having.
Also do not need to make dinner for the gang. It's going to be a pizza night and they are buying! Works for me!!

That's all I have to talk about this afternoon. Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday and behaving yourselves! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wow.......almost 2:00pm already. Time fly's when you are busy paying bills!

Thanks for all your kind words and prayers. They really do mean a lot.

We ordered a CARRY OUT to the CURB from the Pancake Factory for a Saturday breakfast treat. It was nice to eat something other than my cooking for a change!

The restaurants are suppose to OPEN UP at 25% capacity on Feb 1st around Michigan. Big deal. The people will still be sitting way too close and the waitstaff will be moving any COVID DROPLETS around as they go between tables delivering food. Just not my idea of SAFE at all. I don't need to eat out that badly. We are STILL ALIVE after a year of this B.S. and I'm not giving Covid19 any chance to do me in after being careful all these months.

Just because you have the Covid19 Vaccine (both of them) doesn't mean you can't get the virus. If anything, it means if you do happen to get it that you won't be as hard on your system as if you did not get the vaccine. Still wear your MASKS, crack your windows when in the car to get ventilation, wash your hands and sanitize door knobs, table and counter tops, etc, etc. Just use common sense. DON'T FORGET YOUR STEERING WHEEL! Amazing how much dirt and germs can be on that sucker!

1611428935333.png

I totally do NOT understand how eating in one of these Igloo's is suppose to be safer than eating inside a restaurant! If it's just you and your partner....maybe. But if you go to eat with another couple unless they show that they were just tested negative that same day....who knows if they or you for that matter are okay or not! And you better hope they have the MISTY type disinfectant to spray all through these things when you leave. I can't see how a owner could make any money. And the poor waitstaff going in and outside in 20F windy weather that we are having here in our are of Michigan.......good luck with that.

YUP......you could say I'm not for any of this. The people of the USA are plain old SPOILED.
Get carry-out curb service and be on your way. Even that isn't totally fool proof if you ask me. I'll let you know how we did with our carry-out breakfast. Ha Ha. Talk about being spoiled.:rolleyes::eek:

Okay, enough bitching from me. Be back later. Time for more Drops for Artie.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Heck Kathie. I think that most people south if the border think that Canadians eat in igloos most of the time. :p Bless you and Art for being there to the best of your abilities during these unusual times to help your friends.
I would dearly love to see The Bills get to The Big Show Dave. Not easy to march in to Arrowhead Stadium and beat Mahomes and The Chiefs. I really hope that, win or lose, it’s a good game.
Funny you would mention True Blue Pat. As I type this we would normally be at or just leaving Publix on this very day a few from the house in Emerald Island. Glad you have a couple of geeks close by. I imagine that Brian can provide you with the best direction for your computer. I don’t imagine that there’s never been any better direction than what he says. Or, skip the KoolAid and go with the proven info and suggestions from Gary. ;)
I‘m not sure what gas costs in Ocala Karen but your comment about a 30 minute drive with rising gas prices made me giggle. Usually this very weekend we’d be revelling in paying less for fuel in FL than here at home where it’s running about $3.45 US for a US gallon. I‘m willing to bet that you’re one of their nicest patients and they are just glad to see you.
Our Prime Minister was the first foreign leader President Biden called. They discussed a number of things including the loophole that allowed me to fly to FL to get Ava when you can’t drive across the border. I hope the “Justin and Joe Show” is as cordial and respectful as it was when President Obama was the leader of The US.
It’s been bright and sunny here all day. Right now it’s 30F but the sun makes it feel like 34F. Ava got her first look at ice in the river this morning...no, I don’t know why the picture is sideways!
Harissa Shrimp Traybake with roasted veg for dinner tonight. Better get chopping, slicing and dicing!
Stay safe friends.
A6ACFB62-4C15-48A6-A082-5454CE75B68B.jpegu

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Kathie - Our restaurants here are at about 50% capacity. The Grille is less than that. There are so few tables that if they have a good special, you really need a reservation. Needed that last night for their almond crusted grouper dinner. Most of the available tables were taken at 6:00. After that they don't get as many people.

Lee - No more Vaccine Vacations here in Florida! In order to get the vaccine, you have to be able to prove that you are a Florida resident. Residents were getting mad that there were long lines for the vaccine and most of the cars were from out of state. They dad not have enough available for the residents, so thus the change. I heard of some people paying up to $10,000. for charter flights from other countries to come to Florida to get the vaccine and then immediately fly back home.

Here's a good one that's wrong on all levels - Teachers in NJ were scheduled to get the vaccine, which I thought was a good idea. Then they were canceled and instead they are vaccinating smokers! How wrong is that? My answer was that the teachers just have to temporarily take up smoking!!

Dull grim day here with a light misty rain. Definitely not of Chamber of Commerce day here in Central Florida.

Time to fill out the forms for our shots next week before Bert drives me crazy.

A’Burg Guy

OMG Kathie, that is too funny!
For the rest of the hutch, that is the tunnel under The Detroit River between Canada and America. It’s usually quicker (less busy) to cross than The Ambassador Bridge.
I think that it’s a good move by FL and any other state to take care of residents vaccines first Pat. I did see that one of the European cruise lines is requiring proof of both doses of the vaccination are required before pax can board.
Be good folks.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning Bunnies. At 9 this morning I will, as always, record "CBS News Sunday Morning" with Jane Pauley. It's a calm look at the news with also human interest stories. But, I always wait till the next Saturday night to watch it. "Why in the Hell would you do that Dave?"

Well for starters I'm a news-hound. So I'm up to date on the current news cycle. So I sit on the show for a week to see if any of the stories from last week are still relevant. Usually only to a degree. But still interesting to see what the focus was on just a week ago. Goofy, I know.

It's so nice to see you guys remain focused on proper safety measures to keep you and others from getting the virus. Even through all this Covid fatigue. This pandemic isn't over till it's over.

With these new more dangerous strains of the virus the doctors say it's a good idea to wear more than 1 mask at a time if it's made out of only 1 layer of cloth. I've got 2 K-N 95 masks and 2 N-95 masks. And those are the most protective. Even my back-up masks are 3 ply. (3 layers of cloth.) Please do me a favor and check your masks to make sure they have at least 2 layers.

As a matter of fact, there were a few people at the inauguration wearing 2. And the first time the spokes-lady at the white house came out I noticed that she was wearing 2 masks.

I have no doubt that Justin and Joe will get along well, Lee. They are both good people and don't want to be the king of the world.

BB; I'd make a big bet that Brian gets his news from Facebook or Fox or both. In my never to be humble opinion, stick with ABC, NBC, or CBS if you want a true researched news story.

Cool "Bernie" picture in the tunnel, K2.

My goal this morning is to talk myself into getting on the treadmill. Even Kathi got on it for 15 minutes yesterday. I wonder if she'll be as gung-ho today.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, gang! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Big difference from that crappy day we had yesterday. I'll take one like this any day!

K2 - Cute picture of Bernie in the tunnel. That man sure gets around these days, doesn't he? Did you hear about the Bernie sweatshirt showing his mittens that sold out within minutes at about $46. a pop? All money collected will go to Meals On Wheels, or some such charity. Good for Bernie!!!
Gary has always been a Bernie fan and got in many a heated discussion about him over the past 2 election cycles. Now I think their (Gary & Wesley's) new favorite is Andrew Yang. Time will tell and it may be a long 4 years.

Dave - I like the way you watch that news show a week later. It sure is a different approach. I too have seen people wearing 2 masks. Due to having vaccinated 1,000,000 people over 65 here in Florida, our numbers have dropped slightly. Hopefully, they will drop even further as more people get their second shot.

Speaking of Gary, he hooked up the new router and network card and all seems to be working the way it is supposed to. They had a bit of trouble getting my laptop running with the new stuff, but Gary finally made it work. I told him that if it wasn't working right, I was going to call him in the middle of the night to complain about his poor customer service department!! I did send him a message this morning that all was running right and to thank him for hooking it all up.
While Gary & Bert were working on the computer connection, Elaine & I broke out Boom Again! It's amazing how much more you have forgotten than you remember. Finally the guys joined us. Gary got right into it, but Bert just say there and left it to me to win the game. One thing was driving me nuts - Elaine's youngest son who is 12. We'd ask a question and he'd immediately give an answer, usually wrong, and then go into a speech as to why he gave that answer. It was so annoying and I had to tell him more than once to be quiet. Hard to think of an answer with a kid going on and on. I really pity his teachers, if he does this in school. He thinks he's an adult and butts into any and all conversations! Hopefully, next time he'll get involved with one of his electronics and leave us alone.
All in all the game really is fun, and of course, I won!!:dance:
G&E also provided pizzas for dinner, strawberries for dessert and a bottle of wine from France that Elaine bought in Paris before she met Gary and had been saving to share with someone who would appreciate it - ME!! I didn't want to tell her that I didn't particularly care for it, but I'd rather have other wine. Glad that's the only one she had!

Not much going on around here today. Biggest decision to be made is what we are going to have for dinner tonight. Might opt for another trip to the Grille!!

Have a wonderful day, everyone. I hope more people drop by to share what's happening in their world. Be good and stay safe!:)

verosnowbird

Quartermaster (Helmsman) - QM
Hi from Hutchinson Island. Sorry to be MIA for the past couple of weeks. It's been crazy since Jan 6, and we were glued tome TV since that day ad were so relieved that the Inauguration went off smoothly. I slept much better Wednesday night knowing the orange buffoon didn't have the nuclear codes anymore. Still can't believe how petty that man is.

Another reason for us MIA is we got word that Taylor had COVID. Poor kid just to over having her tonsils out, having mono, and then gets whacked with COVID. Fortunately she had a mild case but Kevin, Jamie and Brandon had to quarantine with her. Thank God Kevin tested negative last weekend . I was very worried about him because he has diabetes, so a lot of time was spent praying that they would all be fine. Brandon and Jamie tested negative on Monday so they went back to work and school this week. Taylor moves into school on Thursday for her last semester. Hard to believe she is almost finished.

I didn't go back too far, but Kathi I would all my credit card company and dispute the charge You will probably have to file it in writing utthey will tell you if it is even a possibility. After all you paid for a service that they did not provide, so I think you should be entitled to cash back.
Cruise lines are making you fight for it, so don't give up. Worse come to worse, check your local newspaper for an ombudsman who handles consumer complaints, you may even find one on a local TV station that can publicize your issue. Cruise lines hate ba publicity, so you might get lucky. I had a clients who was booked on Crystal, cruise fare over $38,000, and Crystal kept her money and kept giving me excuses, it would e out next month, next month, maybe tomorrow, etc. I had her contact AMEX and she got her refund that day. I hope you have the same success.

Pat let me know when you can visit. Can't wait to see you.

For everyone else, hello, stay well and safe.

Rita

A’Burg Guy

Good afternoon everyone.
Hi Rita! Poor Taylor just never seems to able to catch a break. Good to know that Covid didn't hit her or the rest fo the family too hard! Holy Cow, that's one whack of cash that Crystal was holding and getting interest on. Good advice to go to AmEx for help. They, AmEx, certainly seem to be eager to help their card holders.
We're still waiting for our game Pat. As a matter of fact we haven't seen any tracking updates since the 19th when UPS tendered the package to, gulp, USPS!
Pretty funny that the 12 year old thought he knew all the answers to a game geared towards people, um, well, older than 12. We enjoyed our time in Paris but had a hard time finding a bottle of wine with a taste or price that WE liked. Bernie was just on CNN and he was asked about his meme. He absolutely burst out laughing saying he was getting quite a kick out of being everywhere!
We noticed that some of the the folks at President Biden's inauguration were double masked too Dave. Our masks are pretty well all two layers. A bunch have the capability to hold another layer or filter. My really good F1 team mask has four layers plus the cover. The layers are good for about 200 hours before they need to be replaced. I do track my use of it. I hope that tomorrow I will be smiling because The Bills were victorious. Now, living this close to Detroit, do I have to switch my allegiance to Kathie's Lions?

1611513442766.png
Well Kathie, how did you do with your take away breakfast. One of the restaurants here was serving Sunday breakfast but it proved so popular that they tried Saturday and Sunday this week. A constant stream of folks in and out with their breakfast to go!
We had the pups down to the river front this morning. It started to snow a tad so we cut the walk a bit short.
Ava wasn't happy about going back to the van but Katie was glad to get out of the snow.
As always I hope that the rest of you are doing absolutely fantastic!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Look who I found roaming around in the SNOW! Pedro or is this Penelope? Anyways this one is WAY OUT OF IT'S COMFORT LEVEL here in Pure Michigan! I'm sending it off to Tony! Ha ha.
It's Snowing here right now and 31-32F degrees depending on which thermometer you look at in this house! The weather guy was SPOT ON with this prediction. Hate when that happens.
1611516583040.png

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave: I really don't get that DELAY ( a whole week) in reviewing your taped news, but whatever FLOATS YOUR BOAT go for it!
Lots of good tips for Kathi to look into for getting back your money. I would look into the local News stations and see if they want a good story on how the public is getting RIPPED OFF by the Cruise companies. We have a HOTLINE type number that you can call and they look into helping folks for all kinds of things. Check into that with your local news stations. Doesn't hurt to call or do a online check of their websites. I know if you look on our Channel 7's website it boggles your mind all the stuff they pack on there. You could spend a day looking at news on it. Good luck.

Regarding MASKS: I have been wearing my scarf over my N95 Mask lately. I was picking up meat at the butcher shop and I pulled up my HOOD on my coat, had my sunglasses on and scarf up over my thick Mask. I must have looked like a BANK ROBBER for sure. They didn't have the drive-thru the back of the parking lot PICK-UP running on Saturday and I had to go inside to pay for my order. Only 7 people allowed in the shoppe and they have it marked off very nicely. Can't cut through the 2 isles they have in the place either. I still wanted to just run out of the place. Can't beat a local German Butcher Shop for fresh cut meats and
lunch-meats and prepared salads. Been going to them for over 30 years. Went to the original shop in our old neighborhood and then they moved to 24 Mile & VanDyke and it's a straight drive from our house.

RITA/BILL: Good to hear from you guys. So sorry about Taylor getting the Virus. Hopefully, she is now done with any type of GERM that can attach itself to her! All the best for her in school. They closed down our 2 universities because of the NEW STRAIN of virus that was found at Univ of Michigan. A Meijer and a Shopping Mall in the U of M area reported a outbreak on Friday and anybody that was in those bldgs is suppose to get tested today at a drive thru type area. Not sure this Pandemic is ever going to go away with all the mutations going on. It would be so nice if the entire USA could just be QUARANTINED TOTALLY for 1 month. National Guard in the streets and you get thrown into jail unless you work in a hospital or drive a ambulance. Ha Ha.......that will never happen. People are just too set in their ways and SPOILED.

Good that Kevin, Jamie & Brandon tested negative. BE SAFE down in Florida. Don't let your guard down.

Lee: Good for you guys still getting out to the waters edge. You must have some really EXTRA GOOD WINTER COATS. I feel cold just reading that post of yours! Ha Ha
Love the looks of that 5 layer mask. Need to look up where to get one of those. It looks washable!

Tony: What are you up to buddy. Do you and Nancy get out and drive around? Are your restaurants open in your area? Do you guys do CARRY OUT or is it just too far to drive for something like that. I have no idea how far it is from your house/neighborhood to stores or the town of Gilroy. Fill us in!

Karen: So did you venture out to church this morning? I went to Virtual and said a nice PRAYER for all of us and and lots of others too. The sound system was much better this week. The fact that our church is BIG inside the sound echos and bounces off those marble walls and pillars. Hope all is good with you and your sisters. Hope your Uncle has settled in and staying safe. How old is he and his wife? Nice they still get away for the Winter.

BB: Nice that you guys got to play the BOOM GAME. I'm not good at those type of games at all. I have trouble remembering my neighbors kids names yet alone TRIVIA for decades ago! :emoticon 0140 rofl: :dizzy:
I decided to get the GEEK SQUAD to come out to hook up the computer, router, monitor and transfer files from one computer to another. I just don't have the patience to read and follow instructions these days. I'm in line for 4 weeks from now. Can you even believe that. I can always cancel if I find out Mark & Eric can come over and work on it. That's just not going to happen for a couple of weeks either with Mark giving white cells to his brother. They are basically in SELF-QUARANTINE until he gets done with that. Gotta play it safe.
Wish Gary lived closer I'd pay him to come over to hook up my system.
I was on the phone with Best Buy yesterday and it's amazing how little you get when you pay TWICE as MUCH these days for a new computer system. Everything is EXTRA. Computers use to come PACKED with programs and extras....now you're lucky to get it in a BOX! DUH!!

Okay, I got through paying a stack of bills while I've been in this computer area. Now to list them in the checkbook. Glad that's over until the next pile of bills comes in.

Did I tell you guys that the little photo desk calendars FINALLY SHOWED UP. Not a thing wrong with the package. I would have thought it would be crushed, but still in perfect shape. It only took 5 WEEKS to get from downtown DETROIT to our house which is 35 mins away! Crazy!! I have one of these calendars on the kitchen counter by the 10" TV. I mark off the days with a Sharpie everyday and it keeps me in tune with the outside world! Ha Ha

Off to make a Apple Coffee Cake I saw on YouTube. Art's jeans are falling off his HIP-LESS body and I need to fatten him up! I wish I had that problem. NO COMMENTS from the PEANUT Gallery please!

Later.............

A’Burg Guy

Not the outcome we hoped for in the first game Dave. I really hate hearing “Brady to Gronkowski”.
I hope you remember to let The Geek Squad guy out of the computer cupboard when he’s done Kathie. ;) Did your calendar come in a box or was it extra too? I’ll be around at some point tomorrow. We have an early morning medical appointment at the imaging place.
G’nite everyone.

A’Burg Guy

Ooops. Kathie, I forgot to say that the cover of the mask is washable. The other layers are actually “fused” together as one and are not washable.