Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Thanks for all the prayers gang. :emoticon 0152 heart:

Got all the shrubs trimmed. Art is my savior by bagging all the cuttings. And there were lots. His job is way harder than mine was. Before and after pics. IMG_7978.jpegIMG_7985.jpeg
You get a bonus pic of Art! :emoticon 0116 evilgrin:

Pat: Sure hope Wesley can get all your plants watered. Have him do any lifting that needs to be done do Bert doesn’t try it and then strains his BooBoo’s. Your food menu is making me drool.

Karen: I bet it will warm up at the pool faster than you think. Hey, it’s Florida. Just like Michigan weather changes hourly at times!
Wow the church ladies found new blood quick! Good for you accepting the challenge.

It’s 89F here right now. I need to get the fan we have on a stand out for the deck. It helps with circulating air under this canvas awning.

Pat: A RAT Wall is just cement footing about 6-8 inches deep to keep rats or other animals out of backyard sheds or structures. Then they pour a cement floor to make sure things stay out!

The Ding Dong Cake will get delivered tomorrow. The kids are going to a picnic at Marks brothers house today up by Michigan State Univ.
I can take my time putting it together. I cheated this morning and used a box mix for the cake part! Frosting will be home made.

Later gang. The shower is calling me! Gotta get this salty feeling off me!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I thought that I’d posted a note earlier, much earlier, but I don’t see it. Hmmm. They say the mind is the second thing to go. I don’t remember the first.
Kathie, I am so sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations your family members are going through. I also send my thoughts and prayers your way. Your yard is simply beautiful.
I hadn’t seen that “Mingo” passed away Karen. My gosh, it was pretty much the same temperature there as here. We knocked off again around 12:30 because the temperature was pushing 85F and getting humid. Now I’m wanting Chinese food.
I hope Wesley was able to get everything done that you and Bert needed. We have a friend who was a photographer for a small newspaper. Whit was hired by a couple of bands to do concert shots for them. Parm crusted chicken is sounding pretty tasty too!
I hope one of your favourite drivers won The 500 Nancy. The same for your drivers in the Coca-Cola 600.
How’s that new fridge Dave? Yes, we will be accounting for ground clearance on Linda’s rider. It sits where her old shed was and we didn’t want to excavate the stone, screenings and patio stones. We incorporated that stuff into the base. I like the idea of a poured concrete floor except it would likely run over a $1000 bucks. The floor is 1/2“ plywood topped with 1/2” particle board. Here’s today’s progress…
IMG_6541.jpeg
You all have a fantastic, safe and healthy Memorial Day holiday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Now that's one good looking she-shed. Even though it is for a mower and tools. Looking good. So the mower's wheels are able to handle that step up? Do I have that right?

We had a nice dinner out on the deck. I need to get more Propane. The meter says it's all but on empty! DUH..... ALWAYS SOMETHING~

I haven't been to the grocery store in a while and we're actually running out of staples... like BREAD. I called and they are open until 10pm tonight, so I will be making a trip over to avoid the Memorial Day last minute crowds. Need to do a Costco run, but they are closed until Tuesday.

You all have a peaceful Memorial Day tomorrow and remember just WHY IT'S A HOLIDAY. :usa1: Thankful for those who died so we could be free.
Memorial Day GIF by Storyful

Well, free for the time being anyways. Not sure what will be of us in 2024!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening.

We went to lunch and was glad there was a light we could turn at since the way we were going was blocked by an accident, which did not clear up until just before we left the restaurant.

Got home a bit after the Indy 500 had started so we watched the rest of the race. They were wrecking so much in the pits that Bruce said I thought these were professional drivers. Then towards the end was a scary accident, with one wheel coming off a car and going over the fence and fortunately landing between two stand and it hit a car. One car was overturned so it took a bit to turn the car back over and then get the driver out, which they did not do until an ambulance was there, he ended up walking out of the care center. Then such a wild finish. It was good. Don't watch Indy racing that much to have a favorite. But do like watching the 500.

Then turned to watch the Cup race and they have rain so it will run tomorrow after the Xfinity race.

The ribs came out real good. The meat is fall off the bone.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Memorial Day. A day to remember and thank those who served in protecting our freedom, but didn't live to see it with us.

Talk about the compounding of bad luck for your brother and sister in law, K2. And thanks for explaining what a "rat wall" is.

BB; Keep Wesley busy while he's hot for gas money.

KC; Sounds like your new church is going to keep you busy.

Thanks for the new picture showing the current status of the shed, Lee.

People and their fireworks. All weekend long they've been shooting them off around here. During the day and after it's dark. Nuts.

A’Burg Guy

Memorial Day Thank You GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

Happy Memorial Day.
Thank You.
Have a safe day out there my friends.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. It will be a warm day here. I will make Antipasto salad for dinner tonight.

In just over an hour the Xfinity race will start. Then at 3 is the Cup race.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Seems kind of weird that we celebrate today and make it a day for BBQ and family fun time on a day meant to remember those who gave their all, so that we can celebrate the day.

Kathie - Thanks for explaining what a RAT WALL is. Around here, we just call that the FOOTING which will support the walls as they go up. I love the local differences in what we call various things. ort of like where people say SODA and other places call it POP. Then there are those who just call it COKE. LOL

Lee - Those walls are looking good. You guys do such great work together. Easy to see how much practice you've had in recent years helping each other on projects.

Dave - We are definitely keeping Wesley busy right now. In a little while he and Bert are off to Sam's to resupply some "goodies" that we need, including toilet paper. Wes leaves for Texas in less than a week for 10 days. We'll miss his help around here during that time.

Karen - Boy, your new church didn't take long to figure out that you never say no to anything. Enjoy your ice cream social later today at your clubhouse.

Nancy - Enjoy your race.

Our parmesan chicken dinner last night was delicious and into the fettuccine alfredo I put carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and baby spinach, as well as the pasta. Bert couldn't stop raving how delicious it was. Definitely a hit!!!
Making something new today on the grill - turkey burgers. Never had them before, but I will treat it like a REAL turkey sandwich and put mayo, lettuce and tomato on the bun. Also making a small pasta salad and corn on the cob. If the turkey burgers are really terrible, there's always fried chicken from Publix.

Well I hear Bert is up, so I guess it's time for a cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day, everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Just stopping by to say Hello,
PAT just posted. Will read her post and then be back.

I hope Bert uses a scooter at Sam’s it they have them there. The man just can’t sit still! Hopefully, he will buy a months supply of things since Wesley will be gone for awhile.

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
I hope you all have a really nice day. At least this group is “Thankful“ for what our War Heros did for our freedom.
Here’s a pic of the Ding Dong (semi-altered a tad) that I finished late last night. Art had a sample and approved. That’s not saying much, because the man loves anything chocolate.
A1574D2E-F8BD-437E-A558-7EF19B60B44B.jpeg
C541331D-B30A-4AED-BA84-07DF5A0B2EA9.jpeg
Oops…sorry about the large picture. By the way, the lighting in the one picture made it look like a lighter colored poured gauche crosting. It’s really darker.
Out of here to DO NOTHING! I already cleaned the toilets! Ha ha.

A’Burg Guy

Seems kind of weird that we celebrate today and make it a day for BBQ and family fun time on a day meant to remember those who gave their all, so that we can celebrate the day.
So very well said Pat.
We have a butcher in town who makes really good turkey burgers. If they are BBQ'd properly they are great! Soda and Pop go in your tummy. Coke goes up your nose. I'm here to clarify.
About that cake Kathie, ME WANT!

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day yesterday. We went to Rich and Dianne's campsite in Bourne and spent the afternoon enjoying the company that included their family, our kids and one granddaughter, and a number of long time friends. The campgrounds has a great thing going for itself - charging every visitor $16 (though you get a $4 refund when you leave.
No traffic going to or from the Cape (
except at the entrance to the bridge over the Cape Cod canal where the road goes from two lanes to one) and once over the bridge it widens back out to two lanes. While it was around 80 degrees when we left the house, it was only in the 70s on the Cape and if you weren't sitting in direct sunlight it was more than a bit chilly.
I can identify with you Pat. When we have nothing special on our calendar, it is very easy to convince ourselves to roll over in bed and catch a few more winks.
After Saturday's thrilling last second victory (literally two tenths of a second remained when Derick White pushed the ball back into the basket for the 1 point win) , the Celts have one last chance tonight to pull off a victory and advance to the NBA Finals. The game is at Boston
Garden, so we are hoping that home court advantage will apply.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well they started the Xfinity race and had problems with misting and very light rain, so they decided to halt it and get ready for the Cup race, at 3 the Cup race was able to start and they have had one small time of wet but it did not last very long. The Cup race is 3/4 done. Has been pretty good. Once it is over they will finish the Xfinity race.

I fixed a small antipasto salad and heated up a rib for each of us for dinner.

My right index finger has decided to start to bend, not real good but a start.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Tuesday morning, Bunnies! If you're anything like me on weeks with Monday holidays, for the rest of the week I won't be sure exactly what day it is.

Glorious weather here on Memorial Day. It is interesting that on the most solemn holiday of the year we picnic and party and have a jolly old time. I guess we have turned it from sad to a wake like they have at some funerals. A celebration to the lives of people no longer with us.

It was nice to hear from all over the neighborhood the joyful sound of children laughing and playing.

That is one yummy looking cake, K2.

Thanks for sharing with us some of your life's experiences, Lee.
" Soda and Pop go in your tummy. Coke goes up your nose."
1f61b.png

No great plans for us today, but whatever it is it'll be in summery conditions. As it should be all week long.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Tuesday GIF by Maria Johnsen
Like DAVE mentioned.......the days after a holiday just don't seem to fall into order like normal. For example: Our trash pick-up is delayed by a day. It's usually on Friday morning, but because of the holiday it will be on SAT morning instead. 85% of the folks still will put out their trash and yard waste on Friday! Ha Ha. And our neighbor across the street always puts her stuff out the DAY BEFORE so she'll still have it out on Thursday. Ha Ha

We got to take 1/2 of the cake over to the kids and got to play with Mr. Manny. He's always happy to see us and we get a lot of hugs and scratches in on him to keep him happy!
The kids bought 26 yards (rolls) of sod at a sod farm out in the country by them. Some really nice freshly cut sod that was specifically GMO modified to resist having weeds. Looked really good. They just have to keep watering it because it's been so dry and hot around here lately.

Art went biking with his group. Today one of the gals in the group is having a birthday and one of the members always brings Brownies as the Birthday Cake and they celebrate when they get back from the ride. A very thoughtful group I must say.

I hope you all enjoy being with family, friends or just with each other yesterday.

We didn't do a family BBQ. Speaking of BBQ's I REALLY NEED TO GET THE PROPANE TANK FILLED today. We squeaked by last night when I used it, but it's on the RED ZONE and I'm sure we were just lucky to get the dinner done without running out of fuel.

You all have a wonderful day. Come back and tell us about it. I'm off to the deck to watch the birds for awhile and have a PEACEFUL NICE CUP OF COFFEE!

Coffee Latte GIF by Cafe Cesura

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! I hate Monday holidays because I always think they are SUNDAY. Now I don't know what the heck day it is and the whole week will be screwed up.

Kathie - Your cake looked delicious. Nice that Art's biker buddies celebrate birthdays with brownies. Cute tradition and much easier to ride with than a birthday cake.

Nancy - Saw on the news about that tire that flew off the racing car and hit a car in the parking lot. I'm sure the woman who owned the car will have a new one in her future.

Dave - Nice that you could hear kids playing outside yesterday. It was so quiet around here yesterday that you would have thought it was an old people's home! There was on BBQ, except for Bert making the turkey burgers, and no one out on their lanai.

Lee - The turkey burgers were delicious. Only thing I would think about changing, is the type of roll we had them on. Regular Publix hamburger buns, just didn't cut it. They got too mushy, as they are so thin. I'm thinking a brioche bun would be better next time.

ad a really nice afternoon yesterday with Wesley here. He said he'd rather spend the day with us than having to listen to 3 dogs barking and his 2 younger siblings fighting with each other. Wow! That was a shocker. Oh, and of course, we had beer!!!
Got a little bit of running around to do today and then we're invited to our friend's house for a drink. he and her daughter just got back from NC. They were in the same city where J&J live!
Not sure if we're going to see M&J and company tonight. Today is the last day of school for the kids and the family tradition is that on the first and last day of the school year, you have to have pizza. Nathan wants to have it here, but I haven't heard anything about it yet. Otherwise, we'll have leftovers. One way or another, it will be an easy night.

Time to get ready to go out. Have a great day, everyone!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. Had PT this morning and for the first time worked with the one guy.

Dinner tonight will be cheese steak subs, have enough leftover for dinner tonight. Did have to get Provolone for them.

Well the races did not finish until 11 last night. Like both of the drivers that won.

Pat the only thing I have heard about the lady whose car was hit was that the track took her to the start/finish line for photos and then took her home. I sure hope the track buys her a new car. The tires and wheels are not supposed to come off the cars since there is a tether attached but obviously it broke.

All have a great day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, sounds like everyone had a pretty nice Memorial day weekend! I kept thinking all day yesterday was Sunday too, especially since both sister's ended up coming over for the pool.
Pat, I will have to give those turkey burgers a try, I'm always looking for something quick & easy to toss on the grill.
Dave, so many people miss the true meaning of Memorial day, it's just a long weekend & the start of summer for them.

Kathie, that is a yummy looking cake, is it the marshmallow filling inside too? Nice of Art's bike buddies to celebrate each other's birthdays.
Bill, nice that you didn't have a lot of traffic to deal with on your visit to the Cape, but holy cow, a $16 pp entry fee to the campground? That's wild, I could see if you were spending the night, but just to visit for the day?
Nancy, wow, sure glad no one was hurt when that tire flew off.
Lee, you are the king of one liner's for sure!
Went to Jane's this morning & got her front yard mowed & also changed out the lock on her sliding glass door for her.

Nice turn out for the ice cream social, not a huge crowd but people were coming & going for about 2 hours. Ice cream was from Sam's club in a big plastic tub & it was really good. They usually buy the cheap no name stuff & it's not that great. Lot's of cookies & cupcakes to go with the ice cream too!

Miss Linda just called me & she has a couple more people who would like me to do some weeding work for. One is for a 95 yr old lady who lives in here & the other is for the lady who normally does the weeding for the 95 yr old, but she is going to be out of town for a few weeks so she asked Linda if I could just weed eat around her house a couple times. She doesn't live in here but just down the road a little way. She has someone who mows for her, but he doesn't weed eat or trim. I told her I'd be glad to help them out, she's so funny though, she is determined that I get paid for helping them. I told her it doesn't bother me either way, it's nice if I do, but I'm happy to help out someone who can't.

Other than that not a whole lot going on around here, my brother sent me a picture this morning he's finally bought a new car. They had the wheelchair van before for Lisa & he was able to sell it back to the dealer for a decent price. He bought a 2012 Lexus, with 46,000 miles on it. He's the 2nd owner & they had all the required maintenance done at the dealership so he has records of everything that's been done. I'm hoping that now we can talk him into coming up for a visit for a week or 2. He really needs to get away for a while & just relax!
Enjoy your TUESDAY all!

A’Burg Guy

Howdy Doo Bunnies.
I love turning the magic light box on and seeing lots of chat.
Today, I don’t have much.
We got the sides, back and roof on Linda’s shed this morning. Then it just got too danged warm. The plan for tomorrow morning is for a couple of the team to do the front wall and doors and the other two can start the shingles.
Gonna put my feet up and enjoy a nice glass of red wine now.
Be good everyone.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Wednesday morning, Bunnies! (Write that down for reference later.)

I liked your video of that coffee getting all fancied up, K2. Those people working at coffee shops make it look so easy. I'm just happy when I pour a cup I don't spill any of it. Got that propane tank filled yet?

Glad your turkey burgers came out good, BB. I would have expected them to be dry. I tried turkey bacon once. Never again.

"Landscaping By KC." That's got a nice ring to it, and also a good sign for your vehicle. Yes, cheap ice cream is usually lousy.

Time for a new picture of that shed, Lee. Please take your smart phone to the job site today.

It's been toasty around here too. Enough so that the air conditioner has kicked on a few times.