Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I learned something yesterday when I got on my stationary bike and peddled backwards. When my 30 minutes were up, I was back to the very same spot I started from. That's incredible!
1f914.png

I give KC, what does a "wind mitigation report" entail? Ain't ever heard of such a thing. Sounds like you were well pleased with your roofer.

Glad to hear that you are getting a second opinion for your eye surgery, K2. And sounds like the new lady is someone you're more comfortable with. Make sure you thank your church friend for the recommendation.

Oh the miles you put on your car, Bill. Not counting the ones on the back of a truck.

Ordering your dessert first sounds like a great plan to me, BB, Of course that would ice cream for me. As a matter of fact I have one of those Blue-Bunny mini chocolate cones every morning when I first get out of bed.

Have fun with Tiff today, Lee.

Since basketball and March Madness have begun......Here's a little nugget of basketball history, way way back when. At one time there was a jump-ball after every basket.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wednesday Hump Day GIF by Chippy the Dog
Middle of the week already! WOW. Sunny and COLD here. 21F

DAVE: You never cease to amaze me. Actually ending up right where you started even though you peddled backwards! :emoticon 0100 smile:
I'm grateful to my life-long church friend for telling me about the new eye doctor. I just hope we hit it off when I see her on Friday. Either way, I don't think I'll be going back to the 1st guy. Our church is actually full of wonderful resources. Lots of Doctors and Medical people to tap for references. :clap002:

LEE: Have fun with Tiff. How old is she now? What is she up to these days?

Karen: Amazing how much you Florida people have to go through to get a roof. I only wish that we had that many "inspections" here in Michigan. I love that the company sends you pictures of just where the plywood was placed. I think they did a good job getting those bad boards replaced for you.
You sure did a lot of work with that TRIMMING yesterday. Before you know it you'll be trimming that silly shrub again. I understand it grows like a WEED! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:
How is Amanda doing these days? And how is little Scooter doing too?

Today is MY day to meet up with a lady that is buying my huge framed picture that use to be in our dining room. Love that picture and only wish I could keep it. But it's time for it to move on to another home. Still need something on that wall.

BB: What are you up to girlfriend? How's the Herb garden these days? If I had sunshine like you do and all that humidity I'd love to have one of those stand-up gardens. Has Bert planted any Jalapeno plants this year? I always get a kick out of how many you get off of just one plant. Can't wait to be able to do some planting of veggies. If you get tired of Herbs you could plant a few Potato's in that stand-up gizmo.

Negc: Enjoy your last few weeks of sunshine and warmth. The EAST is getting HIT HARD with wind and bad weather according to the weather station. So far we missed that one.
Does your Son fly back down to help you and Rita get checked out of the rental or do you guys handle that on your own?

I'm off to warm up my coffee and then get dressed. I'd stay in my robe all day on a cold day like today, but I have way too many errands to do today.

Have a fun and safe day everyone.

GIF by IncrediMail

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Picture exchange made! Nice lady. Had her hubby with her!
One picture down and at least 8 more to go! Ha ha.
This only took 8 months to sell on Marketplace.

Off to drop off nut rolls to my brother and to my friend up 24 Mile!
AWAYS SOMETHING!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Since on Monday night I only got about 4 hours sleep I went to bed at 8 and was asleep by 8:20 and with only waking twice for a very short time I slept until 8:30 this morning.

Dave, Wind Mitigation is they check the roof to see that all of the nails are at the correct depth thru the plywood, this has to do with hurricanes as so many roofs end up being blown off during hurricanes because the nails barely are in the plywood. We have had two mitigation reports done. And now when we go in the attic we have to be very careful about not standing up fully because if we do we get a nail in the head.

I have PT this afternoon. Had to stop Bruce this morning from starting the liquid for tomorrow. We now have a glass for him to use each time and I won't be home when he does start.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Not exactly my idea of a perfect Florida day. It's raining off and on and the temp is only 55! Glad we don't have to go anywhere today.

Lee - Seems so long ago when you would take Tiff with you on a cruise. How old is she now and what does she do these days? Do you get to see her very often or will this be a special visit? Whatever it is, enjoy!

Dave - An ice cream cone to start your day! I think that would be every kids' greatest wish. It sure would beat a bowl of corn flakes any day!! Sorry that going backwards on the stationary bike didn't get you anywhere. There are some days I feel like that and I don't even have a stationary bike!! LOL

Kathie - Have fun delivering those nut rolls, but keep warm while you're at it. Good idea checking out this new doctor for your eye surgery. Sounds like you'll be much happier with her than the last guy. Good luck!

Karen - Aren't you glad that roofing job is over and done with? Keep warm up your way today. The heat is kicking in off and on here so far today and I don't expect to use the AC again until Friday when we're back in the 80s.

Bill - Might be a good day to find another movie to go see. How are you shipping the car home? We see car carriers full of cars on the turnpike a lot this time of year. They all have cars with out of state license plates.

Our friends, the retired doctor and his wife, are coming for a visit this afternoon. We had to cancel their visit when I decided to go on my little staycation a few weeks ago. Today's a perfect day to stay inside, have a couple of glasses of wine and chat for a few hours.
Tomorrow will be my day to make corned beef and cabbage for the gang. Making it a day early because Friday evening there's live Irish music at the Grille that we always (or at least I always) enjoy going to.

Time to start getting things ready for our company. Have a fantastic day, everyone!

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Kevin offered to come down and help us but I think we can handle things by ourselves, K2.
Dave, Rita's RAV4 is new so not that a many miles on it as I have on my Prius. We left the Prius back home and one of our grandkids has had to use it occasionally when there was a problem with their car.

Rita's car will be one of those that you see on the car carriers, BB. Just waiting to find out when the driver will be picking it up. Once we have a date, we can make arrangements for or flight home.
We are going to miss the great sunsets that we see here almost every evening. They are far less frequent or spectacular back home. Don't know how the sunrises are though since we are still dead to the world when they occur and I'm not about to set the alarm to catch one
unless it is also necessary because we have an early flight to catch.
My 65th high school reunion is coming up in June and today there is some sort of Zoom meeting scheduled today at 3:00pm to outline plans for it. Hope I remember to tune in.
Not sure where we will be going for corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day since the restaurant we have gone to for the last two years was sold. Toojays may be our default place but we may check to see if the airport restaurant will be featuring corned beef and cabbage on their menu that day.
Why am I not sure that this thread will be especially peaceful and quiet if Lee is absent for a day or two? Somehow I believe the rest of us will more than take up the slack.
Brr!!! only 61 degrees here right now and light rain is forecast. Only twenty degrees warmer than back home in East Bridgewater. How will we ever survive?

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Busy Bee over here. I got my deliverers done except for one LAST ONE.
Just finished up Ashley's slacks that she wanted taken in at the waist. I wish I had those kind of concerns! Ha Ha. I even pressed them for her.
Now to get in the car and run them over to the house. I'll get to see Manny! Yippee.

First though, I will be stopping at the Funeral Home to pay my respects to the Priest that passed away on Monday. Big (long) service with lots of out of town priest coming on Saturday. The Choir will be singing. Even the Bishop is going to be here. Lord help us. It will be a extra long service. :eek:

It was nice to chat with my brother and SIL earlier. My Brother was doing a huge puzzle on the kitchen table. He said he had another one started on the table in the basement. I need to make "ME TIME" to do stuff like that. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Out of here for now. Later gang.

By the way a rather nice rewards check was in the mail from Costco! Love getting that cash back for just using a Costco Visa card.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hey there Wrabbits. Man oh man was I busy today.

And I just got done doing my first ONLINE LIVE CAM choir practice with the Windsor, Ontario choir. We will be singing together and it saves time and money to practice online. It was really cool. The director pounds out the notes and we sing to ourselves with the microphone OFF until she tells us to turn them on and sing together. MODERN TIMES. I can't believe I actually figured out how to do that. Ha Ha

Off to the COUCH for this TIRED Wrabbit.

We're suppose to get RAIN tomorrow. If it's not SNOW then it's RAIN. Enough already.

Sleep tight gang.

Lee: If you're reading along........YOU'RE MISSED. :emoticon 0100 smile:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I've nothing much to gab about this morning, so it'll be pretty much, "Ramblings of Father Dave".

I had one of those little joys of life yesterday. An Egg McMuffin. We needed to go out for little short stops yesterday at 5 places. Like dropping off shamrock cookies that Kathi made to dropping off cardboard in a recycling dumpster. The whole trip only takes about 1/2 an hour, but on our way back we decided to treat ourselves. We haven't been to a McDonalds in ages.

A beautiful cold day of nothing but sunshine, with not a cloud in the sky.

With an energetic young girl in the house, I wonder if Lee will be in traction by the time she goes home. Unlike Lee, I can't say that I ever had a visitor arrive by train.

Sounds like one of your grandkids needs a better car, Bill.

How cool, Irish music at the Grille on Friday. Are you going to get up and dance a little jig, BB?

With your on-line live singing, does that mean you'll soon have your own pod-cast soon, K2?

And finally in my random thoughts; I'm not looking forward to weekends during March Madness. Nothing on the boob-tube but wall to wall basketball.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
40F and Sunny! So far! Expecting RAIN late tonight turning into snow.

No Pod-Casts for me Dave! The nice thing is that when you do these ONLINE rehearsals you have control of the SOUND BUTTON. We were told to have them on OFF unless we wanted to do a solo of certain parts. I kept mine on OFF the entire time.

Speaking of Tiff coming in on a TRAIN. Our granddaughter is going to Chicago tomorrow (Friday) on a train with some friends. Nice that she's finally getting out and about since she works from home.

Dave: WALL to WALL March Madness Basketball is better than the alternative... Wall to Wall POLITICS!
television fashion GIF by Denyse

Karen: Did you get all those shrubs trimmed? Have you heard from the one older lady that moved? Do you get a lot of people moving in and out?

Any of you Wrabbits got BIG plans for
ST Patty's Day tomorrow? Back in the day, Art and I and our neighbors would have to high tail it into a small town about 10 mins away called UTICA and go to the Shamrock Bar for Hamburgers, Onion Rings and a Green Beer. You had to go early or you'd miss out on getting inside. They also had Corned Beef and Cabbage. Those were the days! Still go there on occasion for the Burgers & Beer.
And here it is! Nothing fancy! Just a neighborhood pub!

Shamrock+Exterior.jpg

You all have a good day. I'll be BACK.

Attachments

• Shamrock Pub.jpg
    Shamrock Pub.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone, from down right chilly Kiss-my-a$$! It was 47 when I turned the computer on an hour ago. Now it's up to a whopping 58. No wonder the heat is chugging away.

We had a nice visit with our friends yesterday. I had to laugh though. Both of them and Bert all only drank coffee. Bunch of wimps! I, of course, had wine. Looking around the table, it sort of reminded me of the old Sesame Street routine where they sang about "one of these things is not like the others ..."!
After they left, Bert & I went to an HOA meeting where they announced the new resident board members who won the election. I still have trouble with a board member who doesn't even live in the community on a regular basis. Heck, they had to talk to him on the phone because he couldn't bother coming to the community for this meeting. Needless to say, we didn't vote for him.
Ended up getting some fried chicken from Publix on the way home.

In a few hours it will be time for me to start cooking the corned beef and cabbage. Can't wait for that tonight as it is one of my favorite meals. Plus I love leftover corned beef for sandwiches or hash.

Kathie - Sounds like you did a lot yesterday between all that running around and then the video choir practice. You definitely earned the right to relax by last night.
I see you just popped in. So what are your plans for St. Paddy's Day?

Dave - I agree the basketball games are going to mess up our TV viewing. It's starts tonight already. The part that hurts is that the games are on CBS and so are most of the programs that we watch. Add in the feud ABC & DISH Network are having, that only leaves NBC for us to watch and there aren't many shows we watch on there. Looks like it's going to be finding something to watch on Netflix, if we still get it, or popping in a DVD when I'm not watching HGTV or a cooking show. Bert's going to love thing NOT!!! It's going to be a long couple of weeks around here.

Time now for some coffee and to read the newspaper. I need to also see what Publix has on sale this week. I'm sure I can find something!! Have a super day, gang!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A late good morning. Bruce had his colonoscopy this morning, his time to arrive was 7:15, which we got there just before and we were on our way home by 9, so his went quicker than mine. Report from this morning was good as was mine the other day.

Yesterday when I was at PT and she did manipulation it hurt and this morning it still hurts.

Today is another cool day but tomorrow we are supposed to get up to the 80's.

Tomorrow I will be cooking corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot since I have PT at 3. Found a nice easy recipe since I have never cooked it in a crock pot before.

I decided the other day that since we can get thru this week we are going to celebrate on Sat by going to Benihana's for dinner. Have to celebrate something.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Our temps here in Pure "crazy" Michigan went from 40F to 61F at 2:45 pm. Unbelieveable.

Heat Wave GIF
Tonight RAIN and tomorrow late and into Saturday SNOW!

Go figure that out!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6keZIUJBsQ

Taking a quick second to try to catch up.
With us moving, Covid and that heart thingy it’s been 3 plus years since we saw Tiff. Quite a difference from a precocious 13 year old to a delightful 16 year old. A special occasion? Damn straight it is. Any time we can spend time together is a good time.
Coming from Toronto she is amazed at how clean and friendly Amherstburg is. We’ve shown her all the sites, both of them, in our grand tour. She seems to have enjoyed feeding the squirrels at The Navy Yard, lunch at Salty Dog, a daytime self guided walking tour capped off with hot chocolate at Caffeine and Co. This evening we’re playing table tennis.
I have a heart test tomorrow morning and then, I guess like most 16 year old girls like, we’re heading to the mall. That’s OK, ‘cause it’s supposed to rain anyway.
You all stay safe and healthy and I’ll see you in a bit.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Are you Bunnies wearing green today? Come to think of it, I don't think I have a single piece of clothing that is green.

You're so right Lee, 3 years in a young kid's life makes a big difference in their appearance and maturity. In old farts like us it only means a couple more wrinkles.

We never made it to the 60's here yesterday K2, only the middle 50's. Today we'll be luck to hit 50, plus it'll be soggy. That Shamrock Bar looks so cool. But I bet no one will be dining outside today.

BB; I blame you for Lee posting that ear-worm song. Since you were a teacher, I think of you when they say that many parents and teachers are now trying to get the state to go back to teaching phonics, instead of teaching the new "modern" methods to read. It's a big deal right now in the Ohio news.

We went grocery shopping yesterday and we, (Kathi), got only one thing that wasn't on the list. An egg custard pie.

Normally when doing any shopping I just want to go, get what I came for, and get out. BUT grocery stores are like a magnet to me, with their thousands of products. I just like to spend time looking around. Yesterday I was fascinated by all the variates of canned chili. So many different brand names, with and without beans or meat. Some even had turkey in them. Mild to spicy hot. And anyone that makes white chili shows symptoms of mental disease. Although I didn't buy any, it was just fun to window shop. (Shelf shop.)

Happy Saint Patrick's Day ALL of you Bunnies!

Last edited:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
F8BE9797-3F50-4578-BFBE-FCF6745320AF.jpeg

Dave: You need to buy Hormel’s No Bean Hot or not Canned Chilly. You put it in a small sauce pot and add a jar of Old English Cheese or any good cheese and heat and blend it. Then dip corn chips in it. Yummy!

Lee: Hard to believe Tiff is “16” years old. Wow time flies by. I’m sure she is thrilled to visit with you guys.
Hope your Heart test goes well. Don’t drink any coffee until AFTER the test!

I go see the new Eye Dr at 2:50 pm today Nice and WET here this morning. Bummer!

I have nothing else for you Leprechauns right now. Be back later.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. I have canceled my PT for today. The main reason is my neck is still hurting so bad from the manipulation of Wednesday, I am having a hard time lifting my arms and the main place she was pressing feels like my head could come off. So I need another day with out. I will do as many of the exercises as I can and will be putting heat on a few times.

The temp today will be going back to the 80's, nice.

I will still cook the corned beef in the crock pot so I won't have to checking on it so much.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
CORRECTION: DAVE.... I posted: buy Hormel’s No Bean Hot or not Canned Chilly.

Should have said: Buy Hormel's NO BEAN HOT or NOT HOT CANNED Chilli. oops!
This is a really good dip. I'm sure you could make it HOTTER! Ha Ha.

Gloomy day here. I miss the sun.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
TOP OF THE MORN' TO YA!

How's everyone doing this morning? Got a slow start around here today. Just didn't want to get out of bed, but the sun was shining brightly into the bedroom. Knew it was time to get the day started.

Had our corned beef and cabbage dinner last night and I think we have enough leftovers to repeat the meal at least 3 more times, plus being able to make hash one morning for breakfast! We sort of got carried away this year!

Dave - I love a custard pie. As a kid, my favorite from the bakery was a coconut custard pie. You just don't find that here, unfortunately. Actually, you don't find any "real" bakeries like up north. Here you have the so called bakery in the supermarket or Hispanic bakeries which are actually places to buy and eat Hispanic food. There's very little baked goods.

Lee - So how long is Tiff going to be visiting? She sure has grown up fast! I do hope we will eventually see some pictures from her visit. Hint! Hint!!

Kathie - I always have some Hormel no bean chili in the closed. We use it on hot dogs with mustard and chopped raw onions. I like to melt Velvetta, Rotel, and Jimmy Dean sausage to eat with chips of Scoops. That's how I ended up in the hospital last time - too many salty Scoops!! Next time I'll know better.

Yesterday while I was making dinner, Missy came over to help. It was also a chance to finalize plans for Jimmy's surprise 50th birthday party next Saturday (the 25th). I'm the more organized detail oriented person and Missy usually just wings it. Packages have been arriving almost daily with decorations for the party and there's still more to come. And of course, where do you think the party is going to be? HERE!!!! Jimmy's sisters, brother and cousin will be here as well as his boss, G&E, and some friends from right here. There will be between 20 & 25 people. I just hope and pray it's a nice night, so they can be outside. No way can we fit that many here in the house, even with an extra table and chairs. This should get interesting!

Not much going on around here this afternoon. We've got a reservation at the Grille for 6:00 for an evening of Irish music. Should be fun as M&J as well as some of our friends will all be there.

It's supposed to get up to about 80 today, so I see lots of time out on the lanai. Think I'll make some lunch and go out there now. Behave yourselves today. No rowdy drinking allowed and you all better have your green on!! :smiley15::smiley16::smiley15: