Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Kathie, Happy Easter! Sorry you missed out on singing in church today, good that you will be able to get the tooth looked at tomorrow. And once again the kids came thru getting your awning up!

Dave, awesome looking cookies Kathi made, I will have to do a google search for the recipe. It's to bad one of the kiddo's decided to show her hiney yesterday but good for Kathi for not backing down on the no Pizza Hut!

Bill, that was a good idea to have the salesman print out all the details of your new phone plan, not only does it give you more time to review all the fine print, but they can't say you "misunderstood" if you have a question or problem in the future!

Lee, glad the trip across the river was an interesting & productive one, I'm sure your friends enjoyed seeing all the sights in your area.

Mike, I bet a butterfly garden would be beautiful! I try to plant flowers that draw them but I don't seem to have a lot of luck drawing them in.

Nancy, sounds like a nice cruise you've book for next year. I've done a couple Calif. coastal cruises & really enjoyed them. What all ports do you visit?

Finally made it to the pool this afternoon, pool water was still just a tad cool, but it was hot & sunny so it didn't take much to get used to it.

Busy week coming up with something going on every day, will try to at least pop in & say Hi as often as I can.

Mike Elias

Massage Therapist
Happy belated othodox Easter. it was a beautiful day here for it.
I waorre tw; letters doday and gthat is about all I got done . I'm not corretin my smisakes so you will understand whay= it takes meso long to wriete a letter/ My handwriting is even worse.
I hope it does'nt rain tomorrow. It is supposed to get near 8o and I want to sit out side.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
will try to at least pop in & say Hi
May The Fourth Be With You Do It GIF by Star Wars

Please “do” Karen. :) Yes, Bill and Nora had a great visit. They were very taken with everything the area, including Detroit, has to offer.
Nice the kids were able to help you and Art with that awning Kathie.
Agreed Bill. Mobile phone sellers and plans are like trying to speak a foreign language.
Hi Mike.
And a good night to you all.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Geesh, enough of all the flooding, tornadoes, and all the other nasty effects of climate change. All I know is that anyone with oceanfront properties, NOW would be a good time to sell them. And sell it to climate-change deniers. :)

At least Massillon is over 900 feet above sea level.

"Old Goat Yoga". That is hilarious Lee.

K2; 9 kids has been my prediction for that family for years. Ever since they went over having 4 kids. Kathi's son adored his great grandfather who had 9. I've been saying for a long time, "He's not going to quit until he gets 9 or more". Back when many people lived on farms having that many kids may have been good, but not these days when you live in suburbia and are an accountant. Glad everyone got that awning up. That's a chore I wouldn't look forward to. If anything, I would expect that watching today's news would give people high blood pressure. Oh yea....It's "Maddow Monday" at 9 PM.

Lot's of luck figuring out all the peculiarities of your new iPhone, Bill. Hell, I still don't know what some of the buttons on my Jitterbug flip-phone do.

KC; It's got to feel so nice to be able to use a pool that you don't have to clean, constantly check the chemicals, or fix if something breaks. You sure have a busy social calendar.

80 degrees would be nice Mike. Around here we'll be maybe getting to 70 today.

Lucky Jack, (the "Rat"), gets to go to the Vet to get more routine shots this morning.

A’Burg Guy

Good Monday morning.
After a busy weekend I’m a tad weary. I can only try (I know Karen. There is no try…) to imagine how tired Lu-Ann is. But after time with friends it’s a good weary.

Wouldn’t you think an accountant would know how freaking much it costs to raise, currently, 8 kids Dave?
Kathie, thank you again for “introducing” Donna and Mike to Lu-Ann and I. They are certainly both real gems. Lu-Ann has offered our services as volunteers if and as needed for Donna’s Team Fox in The D.
Hopefully you can get the tests for the hip sorted Bill.
After a couple of days in the mid 70’s we’ll be lucky to see the mid 60’s today.
That‘s about all from me for now.
Have a great day!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Kathie, Happy Easter! Sorry you missed out on singing in church today, good that you will be able to get the tooth looked at tomorrow. And once again the kids came thru getting your awning up!

Dave, awesome looking cookies Kathi made, I will have to do a google search for the recipe. It's to bad one of the kiddo's decided to show her hiney yesterday but good for Kathi for not backing down on the no Pizza Hut!

Bill, that was a good idea to have the salesman print out all the details of your new phone plan, not only does it give you more time to review all the fine print, but they can't say you "misunderstood" if you have a question or problem in the future!

Lee, glad the trip across the river was an interesting & productive one, I'm sure your friends enjoyed seeing all the sights in your area.

Mike, I bet a butterfly garden would be beautiful! I try to plant flowers that draw them but I don't seem to have a lot of luck drawing them in.

Nancy, sounds like a nice cruise you've book for next year. I've done a couple Calif. coastal cruises & really enjoyed them. What all ports do you visit?

Finally made it to the pool this afternoon, pool water was still just a tad cool, but it was hot & sunny so it didn't take much to get used to it.

Busy week coming up with something going on every day, will try to at least pop in & say Hi as often as I can.

Long Beach, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlán, Cabo San Lucas. starting and ending in Long Beach.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Mental Health Relax GIF by All Better
HA HA! We always do!
Happy Monday Morning GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
Wrabbits.

Karen: Remember to allow some "KAREN TIME" in your busy schedule. I need to remember to allow some KATHIE TIME in my crazy schedule too.

Temp right now at 8:00 a.m. is 48F here in our PURE MICHIGAN area. Brrrr.
And this is why they tell you NOT to plant your delicate flowers before the end of May! DUH! It may not be freezing temps, but I bet it doesn't help the little posies any!

Bill: Art and I have iPhone 14's. I bet there are hundreds of things we will never use on that phone because we DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND THEM! We got them as a trade in for free and the contract stayed the same. The young lady that was doing the paperwork sure had a lot of things to enter into the computer before we left. Transferring info from our old cell phones to the new one took the longest.

Lee: Good for you two stepping up and doing volunteer work for Team Fox Detroit. They do a fantastic job on their events.

I need to get ready to go with Art to HIS dentist appt and hope the dentist has a few minutes to grind down that crazy crown a tad. I'm sure he will. He's a great guy that we've been going to for decades. He bought the practice from our Original dentist that I went to when I was like 8 yrs old. Yup, it goes back a long time. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

YOU all have a good day and week. I'll be trying to pop in and out just like Karen. I need to concentrate on a few things in this house this week.

FYI: Forgot to say thanks for all the Easter Blessing. :clap002:

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit

MIKE: This is what the Lavender plant looks like that we got at Costco.
Looks like Purple BEE's on top of the stems! Different. I hope it makes it through
our cold Winters.

71-xlzHAVjL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

It might be called Lavandula Stoechas!
For some reason Art didn't save the label! Ha Ha.

A’Burg Guy

A coolish walk down at The Navy Yard this morning.
Now, Bill and
Kathie, you made me look at our iPhones. We have the 14 pro model. I reckon we did that because the screen may have been a little larger. Or Bell had a deal on the pro model maybe?
So you've been seeing this dentist for 31 years since you were 8 Kathie? ;) Hope it's a good trip to him for both of you.

I'm out the door now to cut the front lawn. Again. For the third time in a week! I got the back done yesterday after our guests left. Also for the third time in a week. Not unlike myself, cutting the grass this often is getting real old real fast!
The ladies are all headed to one of the local nurseries on Thursday. I'm sure that between the 5 of them, if they all go, they'll fill the back of Doug and Brenda's big orange pickup with hanging baskets, potted posies and other things.
See you all later on.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon!

Kathie, hope the dentist is able to get the crown fixed for you. That's a really pretty lavender plant, I don't know what kind they sell around here but they've never smelt anything like lavender to me.

Lee, aye, wise words of wisdom from Master Yodi, if you've mowed 3 times in a week you are for sure getting more rain than we are here! It rumbled & teased rain last night but nothing happened.

Dave, hope Jack's visit to the vet goes well, both for him & for your wallet! Jane took Hansel to the vet last week for a nail trim, she carried him from the car to the office but when she set him down on the floor inside he was trying to make a break for the door. He hates having his nails trimmed & is a major drama King over it

Worked at the church a little bit this morning trying to thin & replant some of the Lilly's they have growing, wasn't able to get as much done as I wanted as there is basically no soil left in the flower beds. I'm guessing over the years whenever they would have new mulch they didn't rake out the old & instead just put the new on top, that combined with all the tree & bush roots has pretty much compacted the whole area. Not quite sure what we can do to fix it, but I do know it's a project for next fall, after only 30-40 mins of digging I was "done".

Working at Jane's for a bit in the morning, hauling off small branches & trimming some on the tree in back, enjoy the rest of the day all!

Mike Elias

Massage Therapist
Kc, maybe you need to run a rear end tiller, that should go thur the root if they aren't large.
I don't think our grass has grown much yet/ We are getting plenty of rain and the temps have been nice. HOw much fertilzer do you put on your lawn Lee??? I've done ours twice in a week a long time ago but 3 might be a mite much.. Our lawn man cut the grass this AM Hi back at you Lee.
Thanks for the name of th e lavender plant and picture k2.
Our temps wil be in the 70s this week Dave. I much rather have 80s but I'll take the 70s.
I would not begin to know how to use a cell phone, even if I did I woudln't be able to hear it.
I post this then realize I did not enlarge the print. Is there a way to make the print size the same all the time. (what is the word for that????)

Last edited:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Tuesday morning!

Running tired this morning without much to say. Always enjoy what ya'll have to gab about.

Got a routine 9:30 test with the vascular surgeon this morning. I'd much rather just sleep in.

A’Burg Guy

A bright but cool start to this Tuesday.
I fertilized once Mike. With all of the rain, mixed with sun and cool nights everyone’s grass is just growing like crazy
I hope you studied and get a good grade on your test Dave. Are you and Kathi going for breakfast after your test? Did Jack fare well at his appointment?
I think Mike hit in the trick to break up the soil in the church garden Karen. Maybe one of the other folks in the congregation has a tiller? I’m laughing at the picture of Hansel making a break for the door.
Happy Good Morning GIF

How did you, Art and your crown make out at the dentist Kathie?
Lu-Ann has a trip to the dentist this morning too.
I do believe I need coffee.
Have a great day whatever you all get in to.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. My plan for today is changing over my clothes to new hangers I got in yesterday.

K2, looked up that Lavender and found it at Home Depot. I may have to buy me one.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

Hey Kathie. Have you and Art ever been to The Fillmore Detroit? We booked tickets to see a performer there in November. We have heard that it’s a beautiful old venue with neat architecture!

A’Burg Guy

Major thunderstorm going on as we get ready to turn in for the night.
I hope everyone had a good day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Guess who can’t sleep? Ha ha..ME.
4:45 and I’m on here before Fr Dave. Go figure that out.

Now I’m going to post this to make sure Fr Dave doesn’t sneak in!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: Never been to the Filmore. I’ve heard of it. I looked itmup and theyncan hold as many as 1,850 in the place. Seems like a lot of people for a place that’s been around awhile. Not sure which event you’re going to see in November, but it’s good you got your. It said something about limited seating left. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the experience.

Lee, I started going to one Dentist when I was about 8 yrs old. Somewhere around that age. I can’t remember when he sold his practice to the current Dentist, but we just stayed with the new younger dentist and his Hygenist wife. The small bldg has about 6 different offices in it. I think they are all dentists. I’ll have to check it out next time I go.

I’ve got the TV on the Early Morning News and they’re showing huge trees that came down on houses in the same area I go to get mynhair done and the dentist. Wow…West Michigan got hit by a tornado.
Thankfully we are okay here. The creek came up into Art’s flowers and covered his really pretty border of VIOLETS! They’re usuallyndone blooming and only have the leaves left when we get the HEAVY MAY rains.

Mike:
I have to change the ”Font Size” every time I post. On my end it doesn’t seem to REMEMBER WHAT I CHOOSE! I wish it would. At least on my ipad and Laptop I don’t have to SIGN IN every time I post.
Mike, we saw our first ORIOLE’s while eating dinner on Tues. They’re right on time for showing up. Art marks down the date we see them in a Bird Book. Glad I‘m glad I put the FEEDER with Grape Jelly in the slots up last week.

Dave: Hope your test turned out okay for you. Hope they could tell you at the same visit. I hate waiting to get a answer.

Karen, take Mike’s advice and get the church to see if a member has a tiler or RENT one. That’s too hard for you to dig through massive tree roots. Art has to dig them out of our small veggie garden every year. They come back from our huge Maple tree that is right next to the garden. Hard to believe they can fill up that space so fast. He really should rent a tiler, but the space is only 10ft x 8ft.

Okay folks have a wonderful Wednesday.
Happy You Can Do It GIF by Hello All

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I try not to complain a lot. But I'm going to this morning. So skip over my post if you'd like.

I totally flunked the test at my vascular surgeon yesterday. It was just this past August that I had bypass surgery on my right leg to improve blood flow. Well....that cadaver vein that was implanted is already completely plugged up. So that 70 thousand dollar surgery was a total waste of time.

I've been religiously taking all the blood thinners and other medications to make it a success. I've got no high cholesterol, no high blood pressure and am not even close to being overweight. I eat very little red meat, and I have continued with my treadmill and stationary bike exercises. Apparently that wasn't enough.

So now, it's a wait and see.

Is it too early to start drinking? I hear it's 5 o'clock somewhere. :)

A’Burg Guy

Mornin’ friends.
I’m glad that you fared well last night Kathie. That was quite the storm didn your area and brushed us. I hope you and Art don’t find too much damage from the storm when you get out in the light. We’re going to see Mike Birbiglia in November. We saw him on Netflix and were going to see him in FL but he cancelled due to a family emergency. Lu-Ann’s trip to the dentist left us with a $1600 estimate for a crown. Canada recently announced a new dental plan for seniors though. Oh, except we make too much from our pensions to qualify.
Dave, PLEASE feel free to share your frustration with us anytime. We’re here to support each other as we always have. But don’t stop doing what you're doing. Think how much worse it could be if you hadn’t followed your meds and exercise routines. Hopefully the medical magicians can come up with a fix that doesn’t involve additional major surgery.
I see a trip to Costco and the grocery store today. As Lu-Ann’s Grampie used to say “if you didn’t have to eat you’d be rich”.
You all have the best day you can no matter what the day throws at you.