Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well I got all the books that have not been read on the Fire. I also deleted enough books to lose 10 pages of books, since I had hardly ever deleted before. So tonight will be the first time using it to read before going to sleep.

I did spend some time doing other things and found a nice cruise on West Coast Mexico for next year. I sent it to Bruce and hope he agrees.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I think I'll pass on the "Father Davey", KC.

Got a laugh on the way to the grocery store yesterday morning. Passed a new billboard, paid for by some plumbing company. All it had on it was the name of the plumbing company and the phrase, "A Good Flush Beats A Full House Anytime".

Didn't buy anything not on the grocery list. But what caught my eye was the LARGE selection of different brands and flavors of mustard. As for us, all we ever buy is French's classic yellow mustard.

Once we got home Kathi went into a baking mood.

She made about ten dozen "Jello Cookies". NO, there's none of that wiggley desert inside the cookies. (I asked.)

They are basically a sugar cookie. But you mix the dough with the Jello powder to give it different tastes and colors. Then she mixes in food coloring to brighten up the colors. They look really cool, and the grandkids will like them just because of the bright colors.

Each color is a different flavor. Grape is purple, green is lime, red is strawberry, yellow is lemon, and orange is orange.

I'll bug Kathi in a bit to post a picture of them.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I love a good billboard or sign Dave. Especialy if they make you think. Or smile. Or both. Cookie pictures? Yes please.
I got both lawns cut yesterday. Good thing because we had heavy storms overnight and everything is soaked.
Today we can tidy inside for Nora and Bill’s visit.

I do hope a few more of your smiling faces drop by the hutch today!
Have a great Friday everyone.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. This morning I went to Winn Dixie for a couple of their Fri-Sun specials, one of which is Dungeness Crab legs for $13.99 a pound so I got two bags another is Flap Meat which I am going to use to make cheese steak subs on Sunday. They also had very good price for St Louis Ribs so got one and got a nice T-Bone. Then went to Publix for a few things that turned into a bunch. But at least I am set for awhile.

After getting home and having lunch I started on a Lego and am almost done with it. I will post a photo when done.

All have a great rest of the day.

Mike Elias

Junior Assistant Purser
very nice cookies Dave, I can think of a few friends to send them to also. That is a funny Bill board, hope he gets enough jobs to pay for it and keep it up. We always ask if the person doing a job for us if he wants paid in cash.
I liked your flower arrangement Nancy, how often do you water them??
It looks like you are going to have a few busy days Lee. Hope you enjoy the events and learn a few things also.
A cute one Karen, Father Davey, maybe that ii just pushing it a tiny bit.
K2, I can't remember what a Lavender plant looks like, will have to check it out. I think we used to use the eyes an old potato for the new plant. but we didn't get many potatoes t hat way.
We have a lot of roses on our plants now, t h ey are starting to look good.
Bill , it was 88 yesterday, could n ot think of a way to send some of it your way, I don't think a bottle or cardboard box would hold in the heat. It is only 74 and wet today as it will be for a week or so.

Mike Elias

Junior Assistant Purser
K2, I looked up lavender plant ane I got the hardy lavender plant. What I got blooms all summer and the butterfles love it. Is that t he same as yours?????
Just checked the forecast, will be in t he upper 70s lower 80s but wet

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
It's a weekend, Bunnies! Oh goody, stores now cluttered with the 9 to 5 workers. :)

Enjoy your friends' visit, Lee. For two days if I remember right. I'd be happy to see them arrive, but after a couple of days, I'd be just as happy to see them go home. But I'm sure you will have fun with them while they are in town.

Mike; I've found that most workers doing jobs for us would rather be paid in cash, rather than using a check or credit card.

Speaking of butterflies; Kathi is taking two of the grandkids to Lowe's today to build butterfly-houses. I guess it's something like a bird-house........but different.

It's a free workshop for the kids, but you have to sign up the kids ahead of time so they have enough kits for the little rug-rats.

OOOPS! Instead of Kathi signing them up, their Dad did it. And he didn't sign them up for the Lowe's here in Massillon, but at a Lowe's about 10 miles from here.

(Another reminder that a college degree does not necessarily make you smart. :) )

A’Burg Guy

A quick good morning as we get ready to head across the border to the pd event at The Marriott in the GM complex in Detroit. That’s the closest Detroit to us Dave. ;)
Lavender yoga is a real thing here Mike. Yoga in a field of lavender? I’d be sneezing my fool head off.
OK, everyone have a fantastic Saturday!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Just back from Publix for a couple of things. Today I am fixing Ribs in the slow cooker and needed BBQ sauce and tomorrow will be fixing cheesesteak subs and for the meat I am using I needed a marinade.

I decided I wanted a rotating cover for the Fire so this morning ordered one and a different stylus.

A friend said the weekend is a good time to convince Bruce to take the Mexican cruise next year I hope I can convince him today. I have found a perfect one. I may just go ahead and book it.

All have a great day.

Mike Elias

Junior Assistant Purser
Lee, the picture of lavender that I pulled up was a w hole ffield of them. I think that would make anyone sneeze. they are beautiful wiith that many of them coveing the entire field.
Some times going to college Dave teache you how smaart your not.
I think I would like to plant a butterfly garden. I had the plant for t he monarch butterflies but it died out.
Our Granddaugher, her husband and our two Greatgrandaughters are coming here today. They live north of Cleveland so we don't see t hem much. About a year ago the oldest great granddaughter grabbed my little finger and wouldn't let go/ She would help push my walker for me.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Wrabbits!
Doing a quick check in. Been busy with dental stuff. ;) Got a crown and it needs some adjusting. My TMJ is acting up and I'm missing Easter services and singing. Can't take a chance and SING for over 1.5 hours and I'd never just go and sit without singing.

Mike: I'll have to check the name on the lavender plant. Hope Art saved it! How fun having GREAT-GRANDAUGHTERS come in for a visit. Enjoy.

Lee: You're gone by now, but hope the Border crossing goes smoothly and all the Grand Prix construction doesn't cause you too much of a headache getting to the PD event. At least it's real close to the border exit. Hope that Donna is there and you get to say hello. Enjoy your company too.

Dave/Kathi: Those Cookies look fantastic. I'll have to get the recipe and try making a batch. They would have looked GREAT on the Bake Sale Table!
Those Butterfly exhibits are so much fun. Amazing how many different types of Butterflies there are. We usually only get Monarchs around here .

Karen: Sounds like "Bobby" is so far doing a good job for your sister. Hope he keeps up the good work habits. Not easy turning your life around for the better these days. Wish him all the best.
So have you gotten close to putting your feet in the POOL? Get that floaty out girl.

Negc: It was nice to see the picture of the flowering tree you posted on FB. It was also nice to see the neighborhood you live in now. Makes it easier to relate when you talk about the snow and grass getting cut, etc, etc. Looks great by the way.

Okay, I'm way overdue for a rest. My TMJ is telling me it's time to knock off this computer stuff.
If you don't hear from me I'm just pacing myself until Monday when I go to see the dentist. Art has an appt and I'm just going to show up and hope the dentist can GRIND down the HIGH spot on this new crown.
This is ONE BIG reason I hate having any dental work done other than cleanings. ALWAYS SOMETHING!!
Happy Good Morning GIF

Happy Easter for Tomorrow! Ha Ha. Orthodox Easter that is.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy Orthodox Easter Bunnies!

Happy to see you popping back on here, K2. I was beginning to worry about you. I feel so sorry to hear that you're having dental pain. A toothache is the WORST. I'm surprised that Art hasn't talked you into an implant. Unlike a filling or crown, it's pretty much a "get it and forget it".

Hope you had a grand day yesterday, Mike, with your granddaughter, and 2 great granddaughters. Such an adorable story about the one great granddaughter who grabbed your little finger to help you along in your walker. The thought of a butterfly garden just makes me smile.

Hope it was a smooth trip across the border for you Lee. Never heard of "Lavender Yoga". Doing it with goats YES, amongst lavender NO.

Nothing on our agenda today. Yesterday's trip to Lowe's with 2 grandkids to make butterfly houses didn't go well. I could tell that by the look on Kathi's face the second she walked in the door. The little girl decided that it would be fun to pick at and annoy her brother from the moment she got in Kathi's car. And kept it up all the way to Lowe's, and while at Lowe's. She even slapped Kathi's cell phone out of her hand causing it to crash on the floor. (Luckily the phone didn't get broken.)

The plan was to build the butterfly houses then go to Pizza Hut. But the little girl would not quit acting up even when warned that if she didn't there would be no Pizza Hut. Sooo, no Pizza Hut.

Kathi was totally surprised by this misbehavior since she had taken these two kids to build things twice before, and they were both well behaved.

Yes, they are from the family of 8 kids.

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
A good day at the conference yesterday. Talking with one of the organizers they said they had 1000+ registrations but expected a little over 800 people to attend. As Mike (Donna’s husband Kathie) said, people forget and life gets in the way. It was, from parking to leaving an incredibly well organized and informative event.
Crossing through the tunnel was smooth in both directions Kathie. Even with preparations for the Detroit Grand Prix starting on the heels of tearing down things from last weekend’s NFL draft. Yes, Donna was there and she and Lu-Ann had a good visit. Donna was one of the panel members for the last session. We hope that dental issue doesn’t give you too much trouble!
There is nothing like a butterfly garden Mike. They add so much to a yard. I’m sure that, like Amherstburg, you are on or close to the migratory path for some butterflies. You painted a beautiful picture of you great granddaughter walking with you. Thank you for that.

I’m sorry that the bird house build didn’t go as planned Dave. But, you know, cudos to Kathi for following through with no Pizza Hut if you don’t behave. No hollow threat there! If I were ever to try goat yoga they’d have to rename it old goat yoga. :D
We’re heading out to one of the wineries for breakfast. It’s a nice drive and gives us a chance to show Nora and Bill a little more of the area before they head home. Then, as Dave eluded to yesterday, as nice as it has been to have guests it will be nice to get our home and routine back.
Whatever you all get into today, I hope the world smiles on you.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. They say we may get some rain and we need it.

I went ahead and booked the cruise for next year. It is on Carnival for 8 nights from Long Beach down the coast. I had looked at a few booking sites and then actually booked with Carnival direct as I could actually choose my cabin and on the sites they only had a few that were not in an area I like. And I will say I do like how Carnival shows the total cost which includes port charges and taxes, so you know your total right away, before getting most of the way in booking. And I took advantage of the small deposit and monthly payments. I booked us for the week of my birthday Oct 11 to Oct 19. I think I will book a hotel real close to the port and we will fly in the day before or maybe two days before, just have to decide but I do have some time as I am pretty sure I can't book flights yet.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy Sunday Summer GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios
Easter Eggs Pastel GIF by Kloeckner Metals

Didn't make it to church to sing my favorite Easter songs, but we sing some of them for weeks after Easter.

Dave:
No pain on the tooth. Just Vertigo (light headed) from the crown needing to get ground down. I had a Root Canal done a few weeks ago, so no pain anymore. Much easy than an implant! :emoticon 0104 surprised:

Jill & Mark are coming over after church services to help put up the Deck Awning! BLESS THEM FOR HELPING ART and I with that task. Art's shoulder will more than appreciate the help. As it is Art washed down all the metal pipes that extend out that hold the canvas over them. It will be nice to be able to sit outside when the temps allow.

TODAY IT'S 70F and overcast and just perfect in my book! :clap002:

Lee:
So glad Lu-Ann and Donna got to have a nice chat. She's a real GEM of a person. Nothing phony about either her or Mike. Just good people that GIVE SO MUCH to the cause.

I'm out of here to go sit down before the kids come over.

Enjoy the day folks.

billg3540

Security Guard
Good luck at the dentist tomorrow, K2. Glad you liked the pictures. This morning the flowering crabs looked even more magnificent even though the weather was gray and chilly.
Bruins came through in the clutch last night in game 7 against Toronto, so both the Bruins and the Celtics are moving on to the second round of the playoffs.
Spent a while with Rita, Lisa and Jason at the local Verizon store and came home with a
new iPhone 14 to replace the older model that I have had for a while and which has been acting up all too frequently recently. I must say that dealing with the sales folks at the Verizon store are about as bad as trying to deal with automobile sales people, but it does seem as though I will now have a new phone and will be paying less for the service on our phones and tablets than I am currently paying. Had them print out all the details because listening to their pitch seems designed to confuse almost anyone.
Only medical appointment this next week is on Tuesday with the dermatologist but I do need to talk to someone in my cardiologist's office to find out when they can schedule the stress test that I will need to have before my hip surgery in July.
From temperatures in the 50s this weekend, we are supposed to enjoy temperatures in the 70s this week. Keeping our fingers crossed that the warmer weather doesn't come with a bunch of rain.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave: Forgot to comment on Kathi’s DISASTER of a day at Lowe’s. Next time she’ll know to just turn around and DROP OFF the trouble maker and continue on with the youngster that was behaving. Oh, and make sure the Son books the right location. They have 8 kids…..do we HEAR 9 yet?? Ha ha.

After the kids got to house from Easter church services and had lunch they got busy putting up the awning and it STARTED to sprinkle rain very lightly. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme: They were able to finish securing everything and stayed DRY WHILE UNDER THE AWNING!
Of course it stopped sprinkling just as they finish. Ha ha. We couldn’t be more thankful. The awning company wants a small fortune to put up a awning made by their company.
The Sun is out and things look nice outside. A tad chilly wven with the sun shining.

I’m thinking some of my VERTIGO IS FROM MY “
BLOOD PRESSURE BEING TOO LOW”. I’m drinking more water to stay hydrated and eating Bananas too for potassium.
I’ll keep a close eye on this. Need to slow it down a tad and stop watching MSNBC! Ha ha.

Out of here for now.