Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy Hump-Day!

SOOO nice to have a calm and thoughtful President now.

Lee, you are like the rest of us in being sick of this lock-down because of the virus. But it's all because of the dumba$$es that wouldn't follow the medical guidelines to avoid spreading the virus. Poo-pooing wearing masks and continuing to visit up close with their friends and relatives. And so the pandemic just kept spreading. The deaths would have been cut by more than half if they hadn't so STUPID. And so now all the rest of us have to pay the price.

CT exam accomplished. A fast in and out. This was the first time I'd gotten a test in a miniature tube, more like a doughnut. And it didn't bother me at all. But that long MRI tube spooks the crap out of me. I rarely feel claustrophobia but going into that long tube will set it off.

Since there is always insurance papers and approval forms to sign they had a jar of sanitized pens, and when you got done signing you dropped your pen into the used jar. Never seen that before.

Yes KC, that cruise insurance was through the cruise line.

Not just one Vet but multiple Vets that make house calls.......Never seen that around here.

Here's a question for all you tax dodgers;
1f601.png
Are we going to have to pay taxes on those Federal stimulus checks?

And why can't I find sourdough pretzel rods anywhere? Not even Amazon. All sorts of other shapes, but not rods.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! Made up for the sleep I lost getting up so early yesterday morning and it just felt so good to be nice and warm and snuggly in bed. I really didn't want to get up!

Kathie - Only side effect of the shot is that my arm is sore and reminds me about it when I move in certain ways. Bert has that too, plus last night he was very chilly and actually shivered a few times. That's a possible side effect, so he too got over it once he got into bed with his extra heavy crocheted afghan over him. I had to wake him up about a half hour ago and he was still under his blanket and afghan!
Glad you didn't get that much snow yesterday, but still be careful out there driving around.

Karen - I don't blame you for canceling that late night visit from the vet. That's ridiculous and then to want to charge you extra. That was wrong on all layers.

Lee - That BITE ME remark wasn't very nice of you and surprised me to hear it from a Canadian. I would have expected you to say BITE ME, EH? :D
We broke out the game again last night after dinner. One thing I have found out playing BOOM and that we've forgotten a heck of a lot more than we remember!! G&E actually beat us bad last night. I tried to use the excuse that we had gotten vaccinated, but they didn't buy that answer.

Dave - Good to hear that the CT scan went well. They don't bother me. Did you have it with contrast where they shoot some stuff into you that feels warm going in? I've had that kind too, as well as the regular CT scan. Interesting how they're doing the pens. Very creative of them. I always make sure I have pens with me, just in case Bert needs one too.

Tony - I hope you are all staying dry out your way. You need the rain, but does it always have to come as a deluge? It would be nice if it was spread out a bit more, right?

The question of the day around here is - What shall we do today? And the answer is - Not a d*mn thing, except to finally make the pork chops for dinner!

Time for another cup of coffee and to see what's happening in the world. Have good day everyone. Stay dry, stay warm and most of all, stay safe!:)

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning!
A great start to the day here with bright sun. Even though the temp is 24F things are still melting. I'm glad I tended to the patio yesterday so there's no slipping and sliding from the pups. It was cold by the river and we are starting to see more ice flows.
How was that trip to the dentist this morning Kathie? Our roads are all as clear as can be! Hope yours are too. Did you treat yourself to one of the foo foo drinks from Starbucks? I went in the other morning after the medical appointment and had enough stars for "free" breakfast for Lu-Ann and I.
The problem here Dave is that they started to open things up and then closed us down. And then further sort of closed us down. Like giving kids a candy bar and then taking it back just when they're starting to enjoy it. Hard to believe that last Monday marked the one year anniversary of the first case in Canada. I'm glad that your appointment went well. The examination part anyway. I hope you studied for the test so your results come back A+!
Pretty well any place here that requires the completion of forms has "sanitized" and "used" containers for pens. When I had my MRI a few weeks back I completed all of the paperwork on line at the hospital and that generated a bar code which was scanned every step of the way.
Gettysburg is always a good time Karen. Even when it's pouring rain like the day we did our battlefield walk with you. It was cancelled, as were so many things, last year and moved to September this year. Our new vet is quite good. Of course with COVID protocols in place we can't even go in with the pups for now. How was Grant's retirement dinner?
Pat, now I feel bad for the way I treated you. You're right. I should have added an "EH" to the remark. I'm sorry, eh? We hope the game is fun. Ours sat in the USPS international depot at LAX for about a week. It crossed the border to Customs in Richmond, British Columbia late last night was cleared and is on the way here. They anticipate a Monday delivery.
One thing we notice here in the Amherstburg / Windsor area is that lab results seem to get tot the doctors in a day or so. Dr. Silvaggio called Lu-Ann yesterday with the results of her imaging on Monday. All is good. WHEW!
We're having left over shrimp scampi for lunch. Dinner is a Philly cheese steak "bowl". All the fixin's without the roll. Should be interesting!
On that note I shall be off. Hi to the rest of you fine people.
If you all don't know the sanitize, mask drill by now you haven't been paying attention!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
You are too funny, Lee! But then again, I have nothing to say either, so we're even.

Just getting ready to FINALLY make the pork chops and then I'm going to chill for the night. Got to sit outside for about an hour this afternoon, readying and sipping a glass of wine. Struggling to get through winter in Florida!!

Tomorrow is going to be much cooler, so I already smell chicken noodle soup somewhere on the meno.

Not expecting anything exciting to go on around here tonight, so I'm going to shut the computer down and maybe spend a wee bit of time with Bert watching Penn & Teller. That's his favorite show!

See you all tomorrow. :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi gang! LEE. Eh....thanks for the EYE TEST! I actually had to get my glasses! Ha ha. But I managed .

Dave: Glad you didn’t have issues with the TUBE for your test. I’m so lucky that those MRI type machines don’t bother me.

Grip to dentist was good. I took the freeway. No snow or ice. Just a tad bit of traffic. I left enough time so I didn’t have to rush. Even stopped for gas at the Costco on that side of town. Their GAS is always a few cents cheaper than our Costco. Today it was $1.999 a gallon. That‘S .35 cents cheaper than our local corner Krogers. Wow.

Dentist appt went well. Took all of 15 mins tops. You wait in the car after you call and tell them you’re in the parking lot. They open the door and wave you into the back entrance and take your temperature and ask you about 5 questions and spray your hands with sanitizer. Very safe.

Almost every business we go to for appointments around here and carry out restaurants have the 2 containers for CLEAN & USED PENS around here.

We don’t have in house vets. I think somebody could make fortune starting up that business. I remember when we had our Bichon and had to go into the vets office. Dogs and cats must hate the smell of the disinfectant and get all nervous. A IN HOME Vet would eliminate all that.

Out of here for now. Night ALL. 19 degrees here .....Brrrr!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
"Record year for booze.' That was one of the headlines yesterday morning on the front page of the Massillon newspaper. It kinda shows what us Ohioans are doing during the lock-down.

Yes BB I did get that contrast during the CT Scan that gives you the warm feeling. The first time I ever got it I wondered if I'd peed myself.

Like you Lee, I fully understand why Vets won't let you come in the office with your pet, but you still miss observing what your pet is going through.

K2; Sadly it took so many months and dead bodies for so many businesses and people to really focus on how to act and sanitize during a pandemic.

We are really going wild when we actually venture out into the real world this morning. Get this; 3 stops.
1f62e.png
Getting Kathi's vehicle topped off, picking up a prescription at the Vet's, and picking up the groceries.

And after we get back I'll be heading out into the back yard to pick up frozen "land mines" (It's not getting out of the 20's here today.)

Ah....Life in the fast lane.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning!!

Dave, glad to hear the CT scan went well...hoping the results come back better than expected.....you really need to learn how to pace yourself though on all these outside activities...3 stops in 1 day???

Pat, did you all get any of that rain last night? It was looking kind of stormy when I was coming in from Walmart last night & windy as all heck....about 5 the skies opened up & it rained hard for about 30 mins then slacked off...it rained pretty good off & on till around 8...we even had quite a bit of thunder & lightning to go with it...definitely the arrival of our cool front...

Lee, there are several mobil vets in our area....I've been lucky to only have had 2 in all the years we lived here...the last vet we had for over 20 yrs....loved that lady to pieces!
Keep me updated on Gig....if things settle down & the timing is right I may just try to make a trip there again....

Kathie, glad the dentist trip went well....sorry about your 19 degrees...that is just down right FRIGID!!!

My sister's are coming over for lunch today....Jane has been crocheting a blanket for our great niece Kiley....and finally got it finished...she wants to use my washer to wash it before shipping it off, it's a little bigger than her's....while she is here I'll get her to give my a quick hair trim...other than that...same ole same old around here...

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Very chilly (for Florida) morning around here. I've already got the ingredients on the counter to make chicken noodle soup. That should se us through a couple of cool days and keep the inner us warm.

Karen - We didn't get any of the rain. I did notice about 5 drops on the window in the family room, but that was about it. When it really rains, I can see light light reflecting off our dock. Definitely was nothing to write home about.

Dave - I think after all this pandemic craps is pretty well over and done with, AA is going to have a lot more members than they had before. Considering that it is winter and most people have to stay home, what else are you going to do? Eat or drink - those are your choices.
How brave of you to be making 3 stops in the "outside world" today. Come to think about it, we have at least that many stops to make today. Pick up a book at the library, go to BJ's and the required stop at Publix. Who knows it Bert has more places in mind.

Kathie - Glad your dentist visit was quick and went well. That's always a good thing, right? I really don't know if they are sanitizing pens anywhere, as I never go in anywhere. I know the Grille isn't, as far as I know.

Tony - You need to check in with our group and let us know all is well in your soggy area.

Lee - I can see why the Vet's office doesn't want a lot of people going in there, but I too would be upset not being able to see what the Vet is doing to my animal.

Going to get off here for now and get my soup started. I'll be back later. :) :chef:

A’Burg Guy

There ya go Kathie. Back to the size 22 font. I had tried the 18 but you found it too small. Anything for you! I’m glad you had a good trip to your appointment yesterday. Looking around here you’d hardly even know that it snowed the other day. We drove to Cottam yesterday afternoon to pick up raw honey. I’ve noticed that my allergies and Lu-Ann‘s sinuses have been a lot better since we started having local raw honey on our breakfast.
Right now it’s 23 but feels like 18. We were down at The River this morning. The sun was bright and it was even colder. The River has a ton of ice in it in. We could have stood there and just watched it flow into the lake. The power and beauty of Mom Nature.
Oh Dave you dare devil you. Three stops all in one day! We had a spell when one person could go in to the practice with the pet and sit just outside the exam room. You could still see your pet, they you and you could chat with the vet. This last round of restrictions put a temporary end to that. Don’t turn an ankle stepping on frozen “land mines”.
GiG is September 22 through 26 Karen. We’ll keep you in the loop for sure. Nice to get an in home hair trim. We can’t even have people in our home who don’t live under this roof!
I made a pot of tomato and roasted red pepper soup for our lunch today Pat. Pretty darned good after being out in the cold this morning. Not only AA but I imagine Weight Watchers and all those other type businesses will see an increased interest in membership if and when this pandemic is under control.
Two funny (odd?) news stories today...
One has to do with a young lady in the Niagara Region who has turned her hair salon into a “You Tube / pod cast channel” recording studio. Why? Because “entertainment“ production facilities are not forced to close down. You can be recorded complete with commentary while getting your hair cut and “could“ become part of a future broadcast. Really?
The other has to do with the number of morons who booked flights and accommodation to Florida to get covid shots. Because FL decided, rightly so, that residents really should get shots first they’re all trying to cancel their trips. I hope that they took the stupidity insurance when they booked their “vacation”. Nobody, especially cross border non essential people, should be travelling anywhere anyway. I know that as virus things have gotten worse in the past three plus months I would not be making the “extraction” trip to bring Ava and Latte home now. It was likely stupid enough to have done it in October!
Well, that about wraps it up from The Burg.
Gotta go put some lotion on my hands. All this washing and sanitizing has them pretty raw and rough. You should all do the same. ;)

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
TGIF!

The use of your washer for a hair trim. A pretty good deal you made there KC.

BB, your mention of soup got me thinking of some too. I'll soon be getting some broccoli/cheese soup that Kathi made out of the freezer. I like her's the best because she makes it nice and thick, with lots and lots of broccoli.

I know all too well about dried and cracked hands from all the washing and cold dry air Lee. Which hand cream do you use? The best one I've found so far is O'Keeffes Working Hands. But I'm willing to upgrade if you've found a better one.

Kathi got shot down for the second time to get a refund for the cancelled cruise yesterday. She tried through Crown & Anchor. No cash, just a cruise credit good through December 2022.

Zip for plans today. Still staying in the 20's with a smattering of very light snow blowing in the air.

SHOULD hit the treadmill.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, fellow wabbits. Hope you've got those tails all fluffed as we're going to need some extra warmth today, no matter where you live. It's in the mid 50s here but to us Floridians, that's d*mn chilly!!

Dave - Has Kathi requested to speak to the "conflict resolutions" desk? They're probably the best ones to try to get this worked out with. Worst come to worst, at least they have extended the period of time to take that cruise. We're extended until 9/22, as long as we book something by 4/22.

Lee - Very creative of that gal to make her hair salon into a You-Tube video. Got a funny story about You-Tube videos. Our granddaughter who is 7 has discovered You-Tube videos. She watches videos to learn how to ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? put on her makeup!!! The other day when Missy was coming over with the kids, Jennifer told her mother to take her time feeding the chickens and she was still putting on her makeup and didn't want to rush it or mess it up! Too funny! Saddest part though. is that she does a better job of putting makeup on than the rest of us!!! LOL
Bert was telling me about some people chartering private jets to come to Florida to get the vaccine before they stopped it. People were spending as much as $30,000 to do this. I could think of a lot better ways to spend that much money!

Karen - Cold enough for you last night? I see where Tuesday the temp high will only be in the 50s! I want our nice warm weather back.

Only thing on tap around here today is to go to the Grille with our usual group. The original great chef is now back and his special tonight is duck. Last time I had duck was on formal night on a cruise, so I can't wait.

On that note I'm going to slip our of here for now. Time for a cup of coffee. Just don't know whether to drink it or use it to warm my hands up! Later gang. Stay safe all! :)

Bill & Rita - When will you be heading north to get your first shots? It's a pain, but something we all need to get done. Besides, it might give you a bit of a chance for a quick visit with family.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer

That's really weird! For some reason, the last part of the above post never printed and now I don't remember what I said. LOL

I think I probably told everyone to stay warm and safe!! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Gang! Lee: That would be size 15, 18, 22.
I think you were using a
15 size . I can deal with 18 size if you like that better. Just depends on what gadget I'm working on if I can see it better than a 22 size. Ha Ha. Just do whatever you feel is comfortable for you. Really! LOL

It was 14F here this morning. Figures we normally ARE NOT AROUND on this date to worry about the cold. Hey, it is what it is. Think of all the money we're saving by not doing a long Winter vacation. NOT!! I've bought a refrigerator and computer equipment that is still in the box (ha ha) and not sure what other big price items we bought. One day this PANDEMIC hopefully will be over and we can get back to leading a somewhat normal lifestyle. Whatever that is! :rolleyes:

DAVE: I love me a nice thick Broccoli soup. I must say I like to blend mine and only leave a few pieces of whole broccoli pieces in it. And it has to have SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE on top! YUM.

Tony/SAN/ whatever you answer to these days.........Is everything okay over your way? Might have to send out the National Guard to check on you.

BB: Have fun at the Grille and enjoy your DUCK. That was never a big food item for me. Just a little too dark of a meat. But I guess if it's prepared correctly it would be delicious.

Lee: Cottham.......is that the place we told you about the Thanksgiving Dinners the churches serve for the Americans? Sounds so familiar.
Does the place you get the HONEY sell POLLEN buds? I've heard that having a teaspoon of that does wonders for peoples immune system. You have to work your way up to a teaspoon though. There was a couple that had a Bee Farm and sold Bee Pollen at one of the Farmers Markets. I should have saved all his brochures. Very interesting stuff. Good for those allergies you talk about. Might want to ask the folks next time you go to buy some honey.

I saw that Bill/Rita are going to be flying back and forth to get their vaccines. I would fly back and stay at home until I got the 2nd shot and waited a few days to go back to make sure I didn't have any REACTIONS like some people have been talking about getting. It's not the end of the world to loose a few weeks of being in Florida to be cautious.

Karen: How did the afghan turn out after getting washed? How thoughtful Jane to think of washing it before mailing it to Kiley.

Our Mark went to the Big University hospital in Ann Arbor and spent 7 hours donating Plasma and White Cells for his older brother yesterday. The transfer of all that will happen in a few weeks. His brother will be going into the hospital for 3 weeks and totally isolated while his body gets bombarded with chemo to kill all his white cells. Not going to be a easy time at all. We pray he makes it through that ordeal. Then they can start the transplant of Mark's cells into his system and hope that it all works. We're all happy that Mark was a MATCH and could do this for his brother. He had to give himself shots this past week to build up his count so they could harvest enough cells. Sure hope this all works out for the best.

Okay, I'm out of here for now. Time for Art's EYE DROPS and a fresh cup of coffee for me.

ENJOY YOUR DAY and please stay SAFE and diligent when it comes to being out and about.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon...it's downright brisk here in beautiful Belleview....

Pat, it was very much on the cold side here last night...I did not realize it was going to be so cold...but luckily I had the news on & caught the freeze alert for Marion county...all my plants got tucked back into their nice little igloo & survived another frost...

Dave, I forgot to mention Jane also brought me a homemade stuffed chicken breast...ham, cheese & I forget what all else she had in it...but it sounded good...planning on having that with some oven roasted veggies for my Sunday dinner....

Kathie, will keep Mark & his brother in my prayers that the procedure goes well & is successful!!
It's funny....I like broccoli....I love cheese...but I'm not a huge fan of broccoli cheese soup....I'll eat it...but I won't go out of my way to order it...

Lee, thanks for the Gig info....hoping it doesn't get cancelled again this year...

The afghan turned out very nice after we washed it...I dried it on gentle & it came out so nice & soft...I will post a picture of it later...
Nothing much going on here...had to drop a package off at the post office for Barb & then came home & took my walk...it was chilly to start...but once I got moving I had to take my jacket off...I've been trying to walk a mile a day...but some days it just doesn't happen...
Hoping the weather warms up next week...I've been trying to get to Barb's to paint her awnings & every time the weather is nice enough I have to many things going on...when I have time...it's to cold...it sure seems like this has been one of our colder winters in a long time...think a nice cup of hot tea is just what I need to warm up about now....enjoy the rest of your day!!

A’Burg Guy

Running a little behind in stopping by today. Nope, I don’t know why. The ice flows in The River were amazing again today. The sound as the crashed into each other and piled up along the shore line was amazing. I should have taken a video so you could see and hear the sounds.
F7EA5C57-F510-455F-9F7D-7AE7A902C3C7.jpeg
Yes Kathie, Cottam is the town that serves US Thanksgiving dinner. They have all types of honey and honey products including jars of bee pollen and comb honey. It will be up interesting to see how much more or less we spend staying home. Aside from the property rental of course. We’ll most certainly keep Mark and his brother in our thoughts and prayers.
Well Dave, I hate any moisturizer on my hands. So, that said I put on whatever stuff is around. Is December 2022 a longer end date for the cruise credit than originally offered? And if they are thinking that when do they anticipate things getting back to the new normal?
That is a fine looking afghan Karen. And some pretty fine sounding meals! There’s so many things still that could impact cross border travel to Gettysburg. Will the border be open? Will we have our shots?? Only time will tell. That’s me sneaking in another Jimmy Buffett tune. I’ve never been a cheese n‘ broccoli soup guy but I’m always willing to sample a different recipe. Once the border opens...
Did the duck live up to your expectations Pat? I can’t believe the extremes people will go to for the covid vaccine. I have a good idea. Stay the he77 home! That’s pretty funny about Jennifer using YouTube for makeup tutorials. When I was a kid the girls tried out makeup on each other! And that was only when they turned 20 something. :eek:
Hoping everyone is staying safe and sound.
See you tomorrow.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
First up; Kathi wants to know if any of you have air fryers. And if you do, what's your never to be humble opinion of the gadget.

One of her sons mentioned that he had one and loved it, but it broke. He says that you can't tell the difference between it and deep frying stuff in oil. Just yesterday Amazon delivered a new microwave to him that included an air fryer in it.

So what do you think....worth buying an air fryer or just keep on deep frying stuff in oil?

BB; I mentioned to Kathi that "conflict desk" idea of yours.

Should we now consider that BB now has all her ducks in a row, K2?

Please KC, tell me that the afghan didn't shrink up on you.

Neat picture Lee. I too don't like the feel of moisturizer on my hands, but when I get painful, bleeding cracks I'm motivated. And since you only use a small amount of "Working Hands" it's only a short amount of time till they feel dry but still leave a coating on your hands.

Anybody else have a recommendation for a hand moisturizer?

Geesh, all of 9 degrees this morning.