Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good going NANCY on buying the VICKS!
You should wrap SARAN WRAP around your Ankle after you thoroughly rub it in first. It will help it to penetrate and not get all over the sheets too. Do the same for the neck. Or a hand towel with a pin to hold it around your neck. Just do it girl.

LEE: Sounds like a DANDY Lunch at the Tavern. We ate their a couple of times. It was nice to get out of the sun and into the Air Conditioning.
Enjoy your Day Trip to Mount Dora!

Just got through cleaning up after making a Cinnamon Apple cake. I split it up into 2 pans so that I can give one to Jill and family. And besides..... we just don't need a huge apple cake here. The kitchen smells so nice with that Cinnamon in the batter.

BB: How was the TURKEY DINNER?? I bet just fantastic.
We went to the NEWLY opened Meijer store that is a stones throw from our house this afternoon. NO DEALS at this place. Some prices were higher than Krogers. And no samples people around either. Bummer.

I saw a Butterball Turkey Breast, very small, for $14.99. And right next to it was a Full Size TURKEY for $15.90. Art and I both laughed and said "It wouldn't take too much to figure out which was the better deal. Even if you didn't need the entire big turkey you could give some to your neighbor! :rolleyes:

Okay, this girl is TIRED and going to go claim the couch.

GOOD JOB on squeaking in a WIN Michigan State Univ. GO GREEN!

Nite.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning.
44F! Somebody up north must have left the door open.
After a couple of days of “food misbehavin’” I’m ready for a day of fruit and salads. At least if we do a larger meal it serves as breakfast / lunch or as in yesterday’s case lunch / dinner.
You listen to our “Dr. Kathie” Nancy. I’m glad the Vicks suggestion is helping somewhat. My buddy’s Dad rubs WD-40 on his ankles and knees. Pops is 96 years young and during the season walks 9 holes at the little golf course 5 days a week. No, I’m not making that up.
My gosh Kathie, you’re always baking and sharing. A great Mom, friend and neighbour.
Not sure what today may bring after all. Lu-Ann was looking at the temperature for today and thought it may be a tad cool to wander the town. Only time will tell. I hear her stirring in the other room. I hope Ava and I didn’t wake her going out or coming back from our walk.
Have a fantastic day everyone. I’ll check back later on.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good morning, all you adorable Bunnies!

I got this interesting, decades old, poem in an E-mail from our Nephew/Contractor yesterday. It's interesting that also yesterday I watched a doctor on a news program who said that spending just 12 seconds a day telling yourself good things about yourself is good for your mental health.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZjuYK-MQD4

The Nephew says that he's listened to it 4 to 5 times. And catches something new each time.

For a change, no snow in the forecast until later tonight. Which makes it the perfect day to go grocery shopping. (The smaller store.)

"Armadillos and Bunnies" I haven't decided yet if it sounds more like a law firm or a restaurant.
1f601.png

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Lee, wish I'd known about your day trip to Mt Dora, I would have popped down & treated you & LuAnn to a coffee & pastry. It's only about 45 mins or so straight shot from my house. Super cute little town with lots of antique shops, crafts, etc. If today get's cancelled let me know & maybe we can plan to meet up another time

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Today it is on the cold side. I will be returning the heating pad I bought yesterday, it will not even partially fold and will order one from Amazon. Also going to Winn Dixie to get some steaks, since they are $5.99 pound with card,

Will be making lasagna for dinner tonight, will be good for a cold night.

K2, there is no way I can put any Saran wrap around any part of my body. Had to do that when I had my gallbladder surgery for a shower and it did not work. I won't be putting the Vicks on the neck but will the shoulder/arm and ankle.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Very chilly morning today. I do hope Lee put on his big boy pants for his morning walk with Ava.

Lee - Mount Dora is a really neat place with so many interesting shops to explore. They have an annual art festival there that draws thousands. They also have a really neat train ride you can take there. Much better to visit on a slightly warmer day though.
Speaking of visiting, when would you like to do our annual trek to True Blue Winery? We'll have to fit it in between all the doctor appointments scheduled for this month.

Dave - Have fun shopping today. Glad the snows are holding off until tonight.

Nancy - Lasagna sounds good. I think I'm going to make a pot of chicken noodle soup today. That's my perfect cold weather dinner.

Kathie - Our turkey dinner was delicious. There's only one problem - There's hardly anything left for turkey sandwiches. I told Bert that I would like to get a small Jenni-O turkey breast and bake that for sandwiches. There are still enough leftovers for another dinner which the gang might come over for tomorrow evening.

Our wonderful (?) governor is at it again. Between banning an AP Black Studies course that has people up in arms, putting in a new board of trustees at a small college down south which he considered too "woke", and causing teachers to wrap up their bookcases due to needing all classroom books to be approved by parents. He really is a complete dictator. God help us if he ever gets elected president. He'll have all of us thinking we are back in 1930s Germany!!

It looks so pretty outside, but it is still only 54. No going out for me today. That's for sure.

Keep warm everyone!

A’Burg Guy

Good afternoon.
Missed your note Karen. Dang. We did take a run up to Mt. Dora. What a cute, pet friendly little town. We will be heading back up so we’ll give you a little lead time and meet up. That would be neat.

They have an annual art festival there that draws thousands.
Do they draw other stuff Pat or just thousands? ;) I know TB is only open certain days so toss a few dates our way and we’ll try to make that happen too! Next week for example we are “booked” Tuesday, Wed and Fri. The following week we are only pencilled in for something on Wed Feb 8. I‘d set aside just enough for a secret turkey sandwich for yourself. There’s likely still enough for the rest of the gang.
I remember that poem from high school Dave. As I recall it was very popular then. I also remember Leonard Nimoy, the original Mr. Spock of Star Trek fame, reading it. Have a fun trip to the grocery.
We've seen similar prices on turkey breast and whole turkeys to Kathie. Kinda like Publix Fried Chicken. Ask for a couple of breasts and they want about $6.00. Take the whole chicken, on sale this week, for $9.00.
Full on meat, veggie or sauce lasagne Nancy? I’ve had them all and if done right they’re all good,
It’s a tad cool here on the pool deck. Even if I am I jeans and a sweat shirt with the temperature sitting at 62F. I may finish my coffee and head in. It may feel warmer in the sun but this end of the deck is in the shade.
You all have a terrific rest of the day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning! Very chilly morning today. I do hope Lee put on his big boy pants for his morning walk with Ava.

Lee - Mount Dora is a really neat place with so many interesting shops to explore. They have an annual art festival there that draws thousands. They also have a really neat train ride you can take there. Much better to visit on a slightly warmer day though.
Speaking of visiting, when would you like to do our annual trek to True Blue Winery? We'll have to fit it in between all the doctor appointments scheduled for this month.

Dave - Have fun shopping today. Glad the snows are holding off until tonight.

Nancy - Lasagna sounds good. I think I'm going to make a pot of chicken noodle soup today. That's my perfect cold weather dinner.

Kathie - Our turkey dinner was delicious. There's only one problem - There's hardly anything left for turkey sandwiches. I told Bert that I would like to get a small Jenni-O turkey breast and bake that for sandwiches. There are still enough leftovers for another dinner which the gang might come over for tomorrow evening.

Our wonderful (?) governor is at it again. Between banning an AP Black Studies course that has people up in arms, putting in a new board of trustees at a small college down south which he considered too "woke", and causing teachers to wrap up their bookcases due to needing all classroom books to be approved by parents. He really is a complete dictator. God help us if he ever gets elected president. He'll have all of us thinking we are back in 1930s Germany!!

It looks so pretty outside, but it is still only 54. No going out for me today. That's for sure.

Keep warm everyone!
As to our governor I saw the perfect definition of him " He is a stupid ignorant power hungry nut." He may have gone to prestigious colleges but that is only book smart otherwise he is not smart at all.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon.
Missed your note Karen. Dang. We did take a run up to Mt. Dora. What a cute, pet friendly little town. We will be heading back up so we’ll give you a little lead time and meet up. That would be neat.

Do they draw other stuff Pat or just thousands? ;) I know TB is only open certain days so toss a few dates our way and we’ll try to make that happen too! Next week for example we are “booked” Tuesday, Wed and Fri. The following week we are only pencilled in for something on Wed Feb 8. I‘d set aside just enough for a secret turkey sandwich for yourself. There’s likely still enough for the rest of the gang.
I remember that poem from high school Dave. As I recall it was very popular then. I also remember Leonard Nimoy, the original Mr. Spock of Star Trek fame, reading it. Have a fun trip to the grocery.
We've seen similar prices on turkey breast and whole turkeys to Kathie. Kinda like Publix Fried Chicken. Ask for a couple of breasts and they want about $6.00. Take the whole chicken, on sale this week, for $9.00.
Full on meat, veggie or sauce lasagne Nancy? I’ve had them all and if done right they’re all good,
It’s a tad cool here on the pool deck. Even if I am I jeans and a sweat shirt with the temperature sitting at 62F. I may finish my coffee and head in. It may feel warmer in the sun but this end of the deck is in the shade.
You all have a terrific rest of the day.
My lasagna always has meat sauce, this time a combo of Italian sausage and hamburger, may throw in some mushrooms and onion too.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
We have been pretty much occupied with dealing with a problem with our primary checking account which has been compromised. Fortunately we have a second checking account with the Credit Union that we can use in its place. Not the way I've wanted to spend the last few days, even days like this when the weather hasn't been optimal. Still better than back home. So many to be notified of the new account.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well I got the steaks and a few other things, all in the freezer.

The lasagna got made and eaten, good but of course will be better tomorrow.

All have a good night.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
We‘re off to the north shore (I wish on Oahu!) of Lake Apopka. They have a nature drive that promises lots of birds and gators. And it’s free. Clearly not operated by WDW.
You all have a fantastic day because you know I’ll be back later on to make sure you did!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Morning guys. Not much to yak about this AM.

Last night I watched those videos of the Memphis cops beating up that young man leading up to his death 3 days later. To be honest, I had a difficult time seeing what exactly was going on. A bit confusing because of the jiggling cameras.

All I know is that those cops acted like a bunch of thugs.

This morning a granddaughter will be coming over to finish her "diamond painting" that she started last Saturday.

Ya'll have a good day.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. It will be a bit warmer today but at least so far no wind, so that is good.

Not sure what today will bring.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Still a bit chilly outside, but it should warm up a bit this afternoon.

Dave - I too watched that video. Did you see the one that was captured on a camera looking down on what was happening? That one was much easier to see the horrible things going on. There was absolutely no reason for those cops to act the way that they did. I feel so badly for the young man's family having to see what these guys did to their son.

Bill - Sorry about your problems with your checking account. How did someone manage to compromise it? Glad you had another account you are able to use. I don't en y you having to notify everyone about the change in accounts.

Lee - Let us know how your drive to Apopka was. We've never been there.
We're tied up the 1st, 2nd, and 8th. Pick a date for our trip to TBW.

Nancy - Our grandson is off to Daytona this weekend for the Rolex 24 race. He'll be spending every weekend there through the Daytona 500. He's a big racing fan, as you can tell.

Not much going on around here today, as usual. Once again, it's a relaxing day that I might manage to make it out to the lanai for a little while,

Behave yourselves today, fellow bunnies!

A’Burg Guy

And the version of “Desiderata“ by National Lampoon that I most remember.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUwuzZISgwc

I’ll check our calendar and social director and get back to you Pat. Some year I’m gonna make it to Daytona for the 24 or 500. It was a neat drive through the park not too crowded. We saw a few ‘gators but it was pretty cool for them to be out sunning.
Granny Kathi sure has a vast skill set when it comes to things to do with the grand kids Dave. That is neat.
So sad to think that those former cops thought it was OK to treat anyone that way. Convict them and throw them in general population. It only seems fair.
I see that I4 was closed in Orlando for a shooting. As someone said, “Welcome to The Gunshine State”. The Governor must be so proud. Knowing him, he likely is.
I think we’ll wander over to Margaritaville‘s Sunset Walk for, well, a walk. And to see what’s new.
Be safe everyone!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Afternoon Wrabbits! 29F semi-sunny. Not bad if you're INSIDE!
Our neighbor is coming home from Florida later today. I got up and made him a nice batch of Blueberry Scones and took them over to the house. ( I left them in the garage on the table he has in there. I didn't want the Kitties to try and get into the goodies. :emoticon 0100 smile:
He'll have something to munch on when he gets in. He's just one GREAT NEIGHBOR and it's easy to do things for him. Art went over every day and fed the cats and cleaned their
litter boxes.

NEGC: How did you find out that your checking account was compromised? Did they get any of your money? Every time I hear something like this I change my password. Don't know if it helps, but I try not to make it easy on the CROOKS.

Lee: I liked the video. I especially liked the background music. Thanks for posting.
Nice to see you and Lu-Ann are busy supporting the local Floridians with your travels here and there. They love you for it. Sure hope the temps get up into the 85's soon and stay there so you can get into the pool. Safe travels.

Nancy: Sounds like your dinner was a big success. I like everything you put in your sauce.

I had to use the VICKS treatment on my neck last night. I had a KINK in it for 2 days and finally just gave in and rubbed in a fair amount of VICKS and took a Tylenol and so far so good. It was just a silly annoying kink! :emoticon 0101 sadsmile:
Big final PLAY OFF GAMES on Sunday to find out which teams will be in the SUPER BOWL! Not much else going on in the world of sports these days. Thank goodness for some decent College Basketball.

Dave: Good for Kathi doing projects with the young lady. Is this a granddaughter for the family of 7?

Karen.........sure hope you and the Proctors can meet up before they head home this year. Make sure to take pictures if you do.

Later gang. I have a book Jill passed on to me to dig into. I hope I like it because it has a follow up book when I'm done. Hope my eyes let me read it. I really need to make time to get the new reading glasses and driving glasses updated now that I have a prescription. Sometimes I forget to take time for "ME"! Ha Ha. :emoticon 0140 rofl:

Later gang.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Well I have sat with the heating pad on either my neck or shoulder most of the day, both are hurting so much. And the fingers on the right hand will hardly bend at all. So glad I have the appt for the hands on the 2nd.

Since the hands are so bad I fixed hotdogs for dinner.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning Bunnies!

Fantastic version of "Desiderata", Lee! Your "Deteriorata" was a lot more humorous than the one I received and posted on the Bunny Board. A reminder to always not take yourself too seriously. With all your scoping things out in Florida, I wouldn't be surprised if you put more miles on your new Subaru than you did on your way down there.

Granddaughter finally finished up her "Diamond Painting" yesterday. (Granddaughter from the family of just 2 well mannered and behaved kids.)

How nice of you K2 to leave those blueberry scones for your returning neighbor. So is your new book any good?

Ideas, but no plans for today.

The NFL teams I rooting for today are the Chiefs and the 49ers.