Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I don't know about you guys but I keep my Classified Documents in a bag of dog food.

Yesterday they named the people nominated for an Oscar. All I'm ever interested in is the best actor and best actress categories. Out of the 10 or so names, I could pick out only one name that I was familiar with. Heck, the actors and actresses I know the names of are pretty much all dying off.

For best movie, I think that Avatar flick will probably win. Although it's not my cup of tea.

Good for you KC finally selecting a contractor to do your roof. By the way you described him, he sounds like he knows his business and isn't there just for a fast buck.

Get back to that linen closet K2. No more fiddling with yarn. Ya got ADD little girl? You're like a dog on a walk who spots a squirrel and takes off after it. Glad that you got a chance to talk to your sister-in-law. She sure got beat up in that accident. What was she driving?

“Blind in one eye and can’t see out of the other” MY dad used to use that phrase too, Lee.

BB; On Thursday are you making Gypsy Turkey? You know the recipe.....Step 1, steal a turkey.

For breakfast, I'm having something different. A chili-dog. Beats the heck out of Shredded Wheat.

Our weather today will be a wintry mix. This morning it's snowing. By noon it will be raining. Overnight tonight it gets colder and shifts back to snow again.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Winnie The Pooh Animation GIF by Disney
It's SNOWING here in
PURE MICHIGAN! It's a heavy WET snow. Eddie(the lawn man) just came by and did the driveway and sidewalks, etc by hand. I guess he wants to keep up with it since it's going to be snowing all day and into the evening. Might even feel a tad guilty since all his customers paid him the big bucks and this is the 1st time he's had to shovel! Ha ha. The local ski slopes are going to be busy today. It's very pretty to look at the snow falling and even better that I don't have to drive to work in it! :clap002:

Dave: I'm with you on not knowing any of the "STARS-ACTORS" these days. We haven't gone into a movie theatre since Covid. I don't think we missed too much. Most movies are just to science-fiction and the shoot and kill type and don't appeal to me. And $12 each keeps me away too! Who knows it might even be more than that amount by now.
Just have a few more plastic containers to move around in the CLOSET and I'll be done today.
I had 28 wash clothes in piles if that tells you what a hoarder I am! Ha Ha. I buy new ones and just set the old ones aside instead of pitching them. Art took the EXCESS to use for cleaning the chains on his bikes in the basement. The rest of the big towels will go to the Animal shelter. I called one yesterday and they said they didn't need any right now. We have 3 shelters close by, so I'll try another after this snow goes away.

You all have a safe and fun day. I'll be back later!
Wednesday Hump Day GIF by Chippy the Dog

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning and happy hump day! Beautiful morning here with the temps going up into the 80s. Rain moves in tonight and then temps do a nosedive tomorrow into a high in the 60s.

Dave - Sorry you're getting one of those "wintery mixes". I used to hate that term because you just didn't know what the weather was going to do. I don't know anythng about a "Gypsy turkey". Ours will be a real American turkey with lots of fixins.
Nancy - Sorry that the hands continue to be a problem and that now your neck is also bothering you.
Kathie - I see you just popped in. I think we are going to need some snow pictures later today. It will help us Floridians to cool off!! LOL Glad you're getting to the end of stuff in the closet. We did that last week in the linen closet. On the top shelf of that closet we had about 15 cans from holiday cookies and candies that we've been saving all these years. We chucked about 75% of them and the remaining ones will be all we need when I bake cookies, if they make it that far.
Karen - Glad you were able to find a roofer who sounds great. Has the loan gone through yet? How soon will the roofer be able to start? I saw a recipe for pork chops in the air fryer, but I don't thin it would have worked with the chops we had. They were over an inch thick boneless chops. I made them in the oven by braising them with liquid. They came out so tender and the leftovers last night were just as good as the original meal. Today I have to make the stuffings for tomorrow's dinner.
Lee - So how was your lunch at Columbia? What did you get to eat? Just curious.
It's going to be such a nice day that I think we may go over to Sea World for a couple of hours. There's not much to see there any longer but it's a good chance to get out of the house for a change. I think tonight we might just treat ourselves to dinner at Bonefish. We haven't been there in ages, so it will be a real treat. Gotta get us some Bang Bang Shrimp!

Well that stuffings isn't going to get done all be itself, so I better get a move on to get it done before we want to go out. Have a great day, everyone, and those of you getting snow stay warm and stay inside. No broken bones from slipping allowed!!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning, nothing much at all going on here today, I've been puttering around without really accomplishing anything, just one of those days.

Pat, they told me 3-5 weeks for the closing on the loan, but I am not going to close on it even if it's ready until I know that deed issue has been taken care of. I haven't heard anymore back from the attorneys office so I will give them till next Tues & call again. If they don't have proof of it being fixed then I will call my attorney here in Ocala & see if he can light a fire under them
Enjoy your visit to Sea World if you go, haven't been there in probably 20 yrs, since the girls were little!

Dave, your chili dog sounds good, just not for breakfast. Do you put cheese on it? Hopefully you & Kathi will be able to stay home for the next couple days until your weather gets better!

Kathie, good job on finally tackling that linen closet! And double points for donating the towels & sheets to the animal shelters. Our shelters & rescues here are always looking for those items.

Lee, you doing ok? Not like you to miss an early morning check in, was today your breakfast at the Polynesian Resort?

Nancy, sure hope they can figure out a solution to the pain in your hands!

Jane messaged me last night that Amanda's check up went good yesterday, the new drugs are doing their job. She did say she felt like she'd been beat up, but hopefully that will pass.
Then Jane told me this morning our other niece Ed & Lisa's daughter had to go to the ER last night because she burnt her hand pretty bad on a hot dish she had just taken out of the oven. Poor kid is trying so hard to take care of her Dad! Her birthday is Tues. so I sent her a text kidding her I was going to send her pot holders for her birthday, she Lol'd back & said she could use them.
HOA board meeting tonight, should be interesting with a new president who likes to talk, I doubt it will be a short one.
Now I think I will just go chill out for a while on the porch, later gang!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. I wish I could get a good full nights sleep for a few days.

Got a call this morning and have an appt on the 10th for my neck. So in just over a week will know more about the hands and two weeks for the neck. This morning both are bad.

We are going to Benihana's for dinner tonight to celebrate our 48th anniversary. It is hard for me to believe we have now been married this long. We have been married longer than either of our parents.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
BC083154-F739-4A5F-8549-264FDCE6C4F4.jpeg
Good afternoon folks.
Good memory Karen. Yep, French Toast with banana caramel drizzle in that little pot and pineapple macadamia pancakes. We did share them. And a press pot of Kona coffee. Because we’re in The Poly at The Magic Kingdom there are no calories.
Our party of four had gazpacho and side salad, 1/2 salad with 1/2 Cuban, meatloaf on Cuban bread and a full Cuban. Frankly the service was substandard Pat. On the way home Lu-Ann mentioned she didn’t get the diced veg and croutons on her gazpacho. I actually wrote a note to their “how did we do?” email.
Hopefully they get that property issue all sorted sooner rather than later Karen.
How can doctors be so opposite in treating a patient Nancy?
Animal shelters do appreciate all kinds of donations Kathie. They can use sheets to make ”beds” for animals. We heard from home that snow is starting to come down pretty steady and heavy.
Chilli Dogs. They’re not just for dinner anymore Dave.
Our friends had a minor disagreement with another vehicle on 192 yesterday. A young FL in a Honda tried to cut across 3 lanes from left to right to turn in to a plaza. She clipped the left front corner of Pete and Angie’s Murano. Pete had photos. The girl told the officer that they had turned into her. The officer looked at the scene, the photos and, in Pete’s words, “set her straight!” They’re a tad sore from the seatbelts but OK. I suggested they call Dan Newlin. As Kathie would say “Always something”.
Time for a beverage by the pool.
Stay safe out there everyone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
It's snowing BIG TIME as I type right now. PRETTY, but I'd rather be chatting and having a glass of WINE at Lee & Lu-Ann's or Bert & Pat's place right now. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Lee: Big bummer about your friends car. Good that the officer figured out that the young lady was at fault. Hope their not sore for too long. Time to find a nice massage place.

And I LOVE that Combo you had at the Columbia. (gazpacho and side salad, 1/2 salad with 1/2 Cuban) But NO VEGGIES or Croutons on the gazpacho is unheard of! That's what makes it so good. I guess that's why taking pictures of your food isn't all that bad of idea these days.
WOW.... that's one nice breakfast you had there. Yummy.
It is SNOWING hard right now Lee. Jump in that pool and be happy you're where you are. Big accident on I-94. Tanker ROLL-OVER and leaking. Freeway closed on both sides. The LIVE SHOT on the news showed little to NO VISABILITY in that area. They said South Detroit and lower would be getting the snow more than our area.

Nancy:
I feel bad for you not getting any sleep and then having your hands and neck hurting so much. Have you thought about Acupuncture? Why 2 different doctors if I may ask?
Now this may sound funny, but everyone on here knows how I feel about using
VICKS for everything that ails me. Try rubbing Vicks on your hands and put on some gloves or if you don't have gloves put them in plastic bags. Put some on your neck to and wrap Saran around it to hold it in. Then just go lay down and see if it helps.
Since I am the Bunny's Online Doctor I'll forgo sending you a bill this time. Call it a Courtesy session! ;) Seriously, I hope the pain does go away for you.

DAVE: My SIL "had" a LEXIS. It "was" a nice car.

NEGC: What are you and Rita up to these days? Reading and hopefully staying out of trouble.

Karen thanks for the update on Amanda. Good to know she's getting good results from changing the meds. This will be her life from now on. Constant monitoring. And burns from taking things out of the oven are the WORSE. OUCH. Hope it heals for her soon. She has had a tough go of it lately. Poor kid.

Out of here. Need to take a few things into the basement and add to the pile for a GARAGE SALE this late Spring/early Summer. I'm going to get Jill, Ashley, Mark and my friend Marie to come and help me with the CROWDS. HA HA.... what a dreamer I am. My motto is always.... if it doesn't SELL .... it goes to the curb! I don't want to drag anything back inside.

I just looked outside. The SNOW is REALLY coming down now.
Fight Snow GIF by Rise at Seven
China Snow GIF

EXCELLENT SNOWBALL and SNOWMAN making snow right now. WET!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
View attachment 78926
Good afternoon folks.
Good memory Karen. Yep, French Toast with banana caramel drizzle in that little pot and pineapple macadamia pancakes. We did share them. And a press pot of Kona coffee. Because we’re in The Poly at The Magic Kingdom there are no calories.
Our party of four had gazpacho and side salad, 1/2 salad with 1/2 Cuban, meatloaf on Cuban bread and a full Cuban. Frankly the service was substandard Pat. On the way home Lu-Ann mentioned she didn’t get the diced veg and croutons on her gazpacho. I actually wrote a note to their “how did we do?” email.
Hopefully they get that property issue all sorted sooner rather than later Karen.
How can doctors be so opposite in treating a patient Nancy?
Animal shelters do appreciate all kinds of donations Kathie. They can use sheets to make ”beds” for animals. We heard from home that snow is starting to come down pretty steady and heavy.
Chilli Dogs. They’re not just for dinner anymore Dave.
Our friends had a minor disagreement with another vehicle on 192 yesterday. A young FL in a Honda tried to cut across 3 lanes from left to right to turn in to a plaza. She clipped the left front corner of Pete and Angie’s Murano. Pete had photos. The girl told the officer that they had turned into her. The officer looked at the scene, the photos and, in Pete’s words, “set her straight!” They’re a tad sore from the seatbelts but OK. I suggested they call Dan Newlin. As Kathie would say “Always something”.
Time for a beverage by the pool.
Stay safe out there everyone.
Well the Dr's specialize in what they treat. Both Dr's are in the same practice so that is nice In looking them up in the practice site i found they both try non surgical first, so that is good. I just hope they have a system like my PC, anyone I see there can see exactly what anyone else has done.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
K2, Nancy: I feel bad for you not getting any sleep and then having your hands and neck hurting so much. Have you thought about Acupuncture? Why 2 different doctors if I may ask? Because they specialize, at least they are in the same practice.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Kathie, just to clarify for you, Amanda is not the one who burnt her hand, it's my other niece Cara who just lost her mom. I know how you like to switch around family members & husbands/wives.:)

Lee, that breakfast looks super yummy even for being "no calorie". Hope Columbia offers some kind of refund or comp for your less than excellent lunch yesterday.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Okay the FIRST snow storm deserves some extra pictures.
Lee….note the amount of snow on the RAILING! A good gauge of how much snow we’re getting considering no wind and it’s falling pretty straight.
Ducks are coming up from the creek for birdseed dropping from feeder!
70A864F0-FD66-4A52-A65E-962AE464D0EA.jpeg
D89CEE9A-D505-4670-982B-926D928D0EB9.jpeg64C16160-9AE8-46DF-8D90-E9B370A65556.jpeg

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
LEE: It’s going to take ALL WINTER to get that song and the thought of you walking around in “Your Red Underwear” out of my head! Thank goodness for that long scarf. :D

Karen: I REALLY DID know it was the niece that just lost her Mom that burnt her hand. My thoughts just ran together with me mentioning Amanda’s situation. :emoticon 0115 inlove: Oops!

I was sleeping earlier, but now I’m wide awake. Off to here to give this SLEEPING another try.

Eddie came to clear the snow 3 times. Last time was at 11:00 pm. He’s crazy.
The plow came through the sub too! And all the neighbors put their cars in their driveways this year! No sign needed! Ha ha
Night Sleep GIF by Lara Paulussen

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
The PERFECT song for around here, Lee. Thank you!

And thank you too, our Pure Michigan reporter, K2! Great pictures. You could say they are quite "ducky".

Happy to hear that Amanda's new drugs are working, KC.

I know what you mean BB about our reluctance to get rid of those nicely decorated cans for cookies and candy. It's the pack-rat in us.

Woke up yesterday to no hot water. NUTS! And try as I might I couldn't get the pilot-light to stay lit. Sooo, a call to our trusty Nephew/Contractor. And surprise, surprise to both of us, he ended up spending 1/2 the day with us.

The water heater is only about 6 years old, but he ended up replacing the thermocoupler. Still not working. Then he replaced the control unit. SUCCESS. But as he was cleaning up, he noticed that the pressure-relief-valve decided to start dripping. So he replaced that too.

How to keep busy and warm on a snowy day.
1f601.png

A’Burg Guy

Good morning!
Ava and I had a nice 6:00 am walk filled with Armadillos and Bunnies. I guess squirrels don’t come out until later.
Now Lu-Ann and I are headed out, after we finish our coffee of course, for our walk.
Then we’re off to the vet to pick up Ava’s special food. We did pack a large bag but we knew it wouldn’t be enough. By ordering it early we knew it would be in long before we needed it. It was hard to get last winter! Hopefully that will be the only trip to the vet this year!
Good you caught the water heater problem before it leaked all over the place Dave!
Our friends were doing snow last night at 10:30 at our place Kathie!
It would be a great day if everyone, your family and friends, all had good days no matter what health issues they were facing.
I’ll check back later so everyone have fantastic days and stay warm, or cool, as the case may be.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits! Wow it’s THURSDAY already!
Another day closer to Spring!

Our yard, with all those towering shrubs and spruce trees makes it look like the movie Dr Zavago! That was a fantastic movie back in the day.

Lee: Good that you’re getting those morning walks in. Keep up the good work!

You all have a good day. I have nothing more for you now.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! It's turkey Thursday here at our house. That's like taco Tuesday, but on a much bigger scale!

Lee - Nice that you were once again out so early with Ava and visiting the area wildlife. Heck, if you were over here, at that hour there would be a good chance that you would encounter some deer. We are seeing a lot of them in our community in the more wooded areas.

Kathie & Dave - Keep warm in your areas with all that snow.

Dave - Good catch getting the nephew to check your hot water heater and replace some defective parts. Glad he was available to come over right away.

Kathie - I bet your yard looks beautiful with all that new snow. Cute picture of all the ducks too. They looked very happy walking on the snow.

Karen - How's Cara's hand doing? Have you heard anything further? Glad Amanda seems to be on the right drugs now.

As I said, it's turkey day here. We'll get the bird in the oven around 2. Missy will be over shortly after that to finish fixing the veggies. I am already tasting this dinner and hope there's enough turkey left for my favorite part - turkey sandwiches!

No sitting outside today. It's about 60, but feels cooler. Tonight should get real chilly with temps up by Karen dropping into the 30s. It'll take a couple of days before the weather warms up to sitting on the lanai weather.

Time for a cup of coffee to warm the inner me. Have a great day, everyone!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
A very late good morning. We had a very nice dinner last night at Benihana's. Got there early and went to the bar, where we had the special bowl for two a Strawberry Sangria, very good, and also got veggie tempura and octopus fritters, both also very good. then it was upstairs for dinner and for a change I got the Ocean Trio, lobster tail, scallops and shrimp good but think I will stick to the Surf Side, shrimp, scallops and calamari, the other is to me not worth the extra $15. With dinner I had two of their Chocolate Martinis.

Have to go the a couple of stores in a bit, just waiting for Bruce to go to whatever job he has today.

Nice photos of the snow, just glad I don't have to deal with it. A couple of friends from high school are on a cruise to Antarctica and one has not been able to post photos while they are close to it but today she was able to post and one I had to laugh at, she is outside twirling in the snow, with long sleeve shirt and a short sleeve over it, while everyone in the background has coats, hats and gloves/mittens on. I know I will never be able to go on that cruise so am loving all the photos they are posting.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

A nice trip up to the vet in Apopka this morning. Then Lu-Ann supported the local economy with a trip to Beall’s.
Headed to Old Town Tavern in Celebration for a lunch of grouper tacos. Pretty darned fine!

I’m on a sea food diet Nancy. I “sea” food and I eat it. A friend did The Antarctic cruise and she just loved it.
I don’t know what Ava would do if she saw deer Pat! We did have a coffee on the pool deck this afternoon but I admit to being cool cold.
Dr Zhivago is still a great movie Kathie. Boy, talk about a star studded cast.
Another early day tomorrow. We’re all headed to Mount Dora for a look about. It’s supposed to be a pretty little town. I’ll think it’s really pretty if there’s a coffee shop.

Coffee Wink GIF by joeyahlbum

See you all at some point tomorrow.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Went shopping today and of course got more than I planned. tomorrow will go to Winn Dixie for steaks as they will be on sale for $5.99 pound with card.

K2, while out I bought some scented Vicks and have put it on my ankle which it is helping, my neck not so much helping and my arm/shoulder sort of helping.

All have a good night.