Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Here it is folks!

Strawberry Funnel Cake Frappuccino® Blended Beverage​

Funnel cake–flavored syrup blended with coffee, milk and ice, layered with strawberry puree, whipped cream and powdered-sugar-funnel-cake pieces.

1621275358017.png

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Just like ALL of The Belles on here Kathie, I fear that beverage would be too sweet for me.
Good deal on the watch for Art. I can’t wait until this last incision in my wrist heals completely so I can wear my watch again.

How’d the removal of the stitches go Dave? Our water comes from Essex Power and Water. Don’t even ask about the “power” part…
”Pour me something tall and strong make it a hurricane before I go insane”. Yes Pat, it’s five o’clock somewhere. Housing increases around here are the same. The builders are blaming it on increased costs led by lumber. Has there ever been a time that you didn’t have leftovers to feed whoever may drop bye? I think that’s neat.
What did the good “Bunny of Belleview“ get in to today?
More stupid blood work tomorrow. Seems that heart surgery can throw a guy’s PSA numbers out of whack. Dr. Tom wants that test redone. Do labs offer frequent flyer points? ;)
Best start working on dinner.
Be good my friends.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee POSTED: “ I can’t wait until this last incision in my wrist heals completely so I can wear my watch again.”
Yikes Lee…. I hope you weren’t SLASHING YOUR WRISTS over the strict Covid restrictions! :eek:

Lee….I’m not sure of what you order at Starbucks, but if you have syrup in your coffee Lattes they have some nice SUGAR- FREE SYRUPS.

Waiting for Art to come back from the Ace Hdwe store dowin the street. He’s going to fix our backyard hose. Seems like the hand sprinkler attachment decided to break and try as he might Art couldn’t unscrew it from the hose. It was as if it was welded on. So he cut it off and now had to go get a fitting to clamp on the hose so I CAN WATER MY YARD PLANTS! We had a extra sprinkler so it’s not going to cost too much for this project.

And he’s back before I could even post this. Ha ha.

Okay, I’m going outside to supervise the hose project! :emoticon 0111 blush::emoticon 0136 giggle:

By the way I think a certain Bunny in our HUTCH is having a Birthday tomorrow….least we forget! Ha ha!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good morning you good looking Bunnies!

Yes our pleasant weather and warm temperatures continue. Up close to 80 today.

Yes BB, I'm back to wearing shorts. Started over last weekend. And thanks for explaining a bellini. But I think I'll stick with a mimosa. Happy actual birthday!

The housing market, at the moment, is great for sellers.......But where do people go when it's sold? Buy another overpriced home. No gain there.

Good call K2 on just buying Art a new watch. Sometimes on some watches getting the old watchband off and the new one on can be a real pain in the patoot. I've been wearing the exact same model Timex for probably over 30 years. But every time the watchband breaks, I just buy another exact same model of Timex. For being around for so long it must be a popular model. It's actually a runner's watch.

Lee; Oh those doctor's phone calls or Zoom meetings are so much better than having to go into the doctor's office. And at least half doctor visits don't really need us to be there. Healthy foods, hugh? I want to know about a couple of foods that you are absolutely NOT allowed to eat.

Thursday is when the 2 bedrooms get new carpet. (What may urk some of you, our whole house was built in 1951 with hardwood floors.) Of course it was also built with a pink tub and toilet. Anyway, we've started moving little things out of those rooms. The installers will move the furniture, but nothing that's on top of them. And all the drawers have to be taken out of cabinets. It's only 2 rooms, but that sure is a lot of stuff for Kathi and me to get out of there.

If we were smart we should also throw out half of the old clothes that are in those drawers. I'd bet that quite a few of them have been in those drawers, unused & un-thought of for over 15 years.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Quick good morning...it's mowing day at Jane's & then the sister's want to come swim again....but I didn't want to forget to wish

Pat, A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope your family treats you royally today, you deserve it!!

Back later....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
happy birthday let's grab a drink GIF by Absolut Vodka

Just had to get on here early and wish PAT a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy your special day girl!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave: Did you ever give any thought to just having the HARDWOOD FLOORS in the bedrooms exposed and shined up? They seem to use a lot of AREA RUGS under the bed area and leave the rest of the room 'naked'! LOL They don't put in nice hardwood floors like they use to. Our first house had hardwood floors that got covered with carpet. To tell you the truth I don't think this current house has HARDWOOD floors under this carpet?
Only bad part about HARDWOOD floors is the DUST shows up big time when the sun shines. I know that from our wood flooring in the kitchen and hallway area that goes to the garage. It can drive you nuts looking at it. LOL It's too late in life for me to change up things in the bedrooms. I like the feel of nice carpet under my feet. Hope the carpet guys do a good job for you guys on Thursday.

Karen: Maybe you might just jump in that swimming pool after doing the lawn cutting. You have yourself a good day.

PAT: So what's on the BIRTHDAY AGENDA today? Lot's of running around and birthday eating? Hope the kids all come over or at least call in their Best Wishes. Enjoy your day.

Lee: Going to be another nice day today. I can see you going down to Navy Yard for a walk. Hope today is a fantastic day for you and Lu-Ann.

Art is almost off to go biking. I'm going to go down to the lower part of our yard where the Spruce trees are and FINISH trying my best to spray off the branches of the pollen. I did 3 trees last evening and I couldn't believe how the POLLEN just PUFFED off the branches like it was smoking. I think this might help a little with all the crap that's been on the deck and table and chairs. I sprayed that all down last night too. It's never ever been this bad in all the time we've had those trees. Call me nuts for doing this, but we're not expected to get any rain for a long time around here and I'm helping Mother Nature out. LOL

I'm on a quest to find new cushions for our deck chairs. It's like they only make BLUE & WHITE stripe ones or RED around here. Can't find any cushions like they use to sell years ago in nice colors. I have a couple of places I'd like to go to today. The other thing is that they want a FORTUNE for these cushions.

Bill/Rita: Hope you two are still "kicking" and busy getting ready to move. Check in and let us know how things are going. Rita hope you are healing and not doing too much lifting. All the best.

Later gang........time for a cup of good homemade coffee. Enjoy your day and be safe.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning and thank you for all the birthday wishes.

Lee - Loved the card. It is definitely a keeper!!

Kathie - Have fun fighting the pollen. We're lucky in that the yucky yellow pollen from the pine trees is so heavy and covers everything while it's the oak trees that cause allergies at the same time. So glad we're finished with the heavy dose of pollen for this year. In a few days you'll feel the same way, until next year!!
Smart move on buying Art a new watch instead of just a new band. I had an el cheapo watch from Wally World at one time that cost about $3. I could have gotten an "extended warranty on it for $5. and if you needed a new watch band, you had to send it back to then and the band cost $6.! That is pure madness!!!

Lee - Good luck with the blood work today. I think all surgeries throw off a lot of your numbers until your body heals itself. Good that your doctor is staying on top of things.

Dave - Our house in NJ had all those hardwood floors too, but when Gary was little, we decided to run carpet over them figuring that if he fell, it would be better to fall on carpet instead of wood. So now in this house, the first thing we did was rip out all the carpet and put in hardwood floors and tile floors in the extra bedrooms. Go figure.
Have fun getting ready for the carpet install on Thursday. I agree with you about stuff in dresser drawers that aren't used any longer. I have one dresser that I know nothing has been touched in the drawers for close to 20 years! I still have a tee shirt that Roland sent to some of us before our inaugural trip on Brilliance of the Seas! Tony would have gotten a charge out of that as he had his shirt too.

Karen - Don't work too hard with that mowing. A dip in the pool afterwards might be a good idea.

Today started off nicely. I found a bottle of my favorite perfume waiting for me on my computer. I told Bert that he needed to get me another bottle and he came through as asked. We're heading out in about an hour for lunch in Lakeland which is a little over an hour away. Time for some Cajun food! I'll skip the hurricane though and just go with a glass of wine instead, unless I decide to live on the wild side!! LOL

I doubt that we'll see any of the kids today though and they already wished me a happy birthday over the weekend when they called or were here, so after our lunch, it will be home for a normal afternoon.

Bert just go up, so I guess I should put on a pot of coffee for him. He'll be looking for a cup as soon as he hits the kitchen!!

Have a wonderful day, gang. Stay safe no matter what you are up to today! :)

A’Burg Guy

I’m not sure of what you order at Starbucks
Coffee, tea, sandwiches, protein boxes and snacky dessert things. The foo foo drinks are way too sweet and expensive for this guy! While most of Ontario is ready to slit their wrists mine is from where they harvested one of the radial arteries for the bypasses. Kathie, anything that may be in higher demand like outdoor furniture cushions is pricey.
Well Momma Bunny, here’s to you and your birthday as you start another trip around the sun. May you have many, many more! Go ahead. Go wild and get that hurricane! Ya, I hooked up Karen with Donny so I called in a favour from Mr. Bolton to serenade you on your day.
Purging those drawers would sure make it easier on you and Kathi to move things. As long as you do that before you move them Dave. Put on your sunglasses my friend. My Lilly White legs are in shorts for the first time in 2021 for all the world to see and admire. :oops: There are lots of foods to “avoid” but so far I haven’t been told absolutely NO…
Lu-Ann was going to give the little battery powered lawn mower a go today Karen. Doggone thing is so light even I can’t believe it! I suggested she wait until tomorrow morning when it will be cooler. I hope you take it easy at Jane’s AND get a little pool time.
We had the pups down to The Navy Yard this morning. The parks staff are working so hard to get plants and flowers in the gardens. Then we and the pups headed to the lab for the vampires to drain a couple of vials of blood. Over to Starbucks for a coffee, Walmart for a pee (Starbucks washrooms are closed) and back home.
So, again, I wish Pat all the best on her birthday and I wish a wonderful day for all of you!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Back to moving small items, lamps, and drawers out of the 2 bedrooms.

Boy oh boy I'm seeing a lot of stuff that should be pitched. And this "little" job is taking way longer than I thought it would.

Remember "Betting Against The Master"? I'd print out the points spreads every week, which teams you chose for the week, and how much everyone bet. Then after the weekend games were over print out who won and who lost and where everyone was at for the season, so far.

Well yesterday I came across a big ole pile of printed papers. Heck it was all those printed sheets I'd made over the years back to the beginning of the 2015 NFL season. I gave a quick glance through them Eddie sure was the big gambler and PQ had the most loyalty for the 49ers. At least once a year Eddie and I would go at each other with a $50 bet. Heck, we even had a $50 bet on 2 Presidential elections.

It was fun coming across those papers, but they are no longer taking up drawer space.

Hope you got that pool time in yesterday, KC. What's the water temperature now?

I never give a thought to pulling out the carpet and shining up the hardwood floors, K2. My parents also had hardwood floors, but over time they had every room carpeted. One bad color choice they made for the living room, dining room and den was white carpet. My Dad must have really enjoyed shampooing carpet. As a kid I still remember how cold those hardwood floors were on my feet.

I've got to know if you went wild yesterday and got a couple of Hurricanes, BB.

Yup Lee, I definitely need sunglasses when near your super white legs.

Guess it's time I throw some groceries down my neck and get back to moving stuff. Wonder what surprising discovery I'll make today.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning friends.
I put my water pill back up to a full pill yesterday. In spite of increased exercise my right foot was puffy and I was up a pound. Needless to say last night was not a restful one. All in good time…
Master, I’m willing to wager an M&M or two that you spent a while reminiscing over the papers you found. That’s neat. I think we’ve all learned that how ever long you think a task will take, well, add about 50% more time.
Phone call with Dr Tom my urologist this afternoon.
It should be a stunning day here. I’ll pop back later to check on all of you.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, fellow hutch mates! Another beautiful day coming at us here in the Sunshine State.

Dave - I hate to disappoint you, but there were no hurricanes consumed yesterday by me. I stuck to wine and that was a good thing.
I love to suddenly discover something from years ago that brings back so many good fun memories. Glad yours was Betting with the Master!

Lee - Good idea upping the water pill, but why do they always decide to work at night? Have a good call with Dr. Tom this afternoon. I hope he only gives you good news.

Just like M&J cleaned out all the leftovers on Sunday, G&E came over with the boys last night and finished up almost all the cheese, sausage and crackers we had in the house. Poor Bert, he had to refill the charcuterie board twice. I had done the initial one. He also spent too much time refilling the tray of crackers. As fast as he brought something out the the lanai, they devoured it!!! Plus G&E brought a special bottle of wine over for us to share, so there were many wine glasses to clean.
Tonight G&E are taking us to Tarantino's for dinner. Adults only tonight! I did send home tonight's dinner for the boys to make at home - Totino's pizza rolls. The boys love them, so that worked when I gave them a bag of them.

Only other order of business is to stay home today and wait for UPS to deliver wine. I just hope it arrives before we're supposed to go out. These are new wines we've never had before, but it was a good price for 15 bottles, so we decided to give them a try. It's a mixture of both red and white wines, so we shall see.

Have a super day, all you wonderful people. I'll be back later to check up on you all! :)

A’Burg Guy

Back from The Navy Yard. It was just gorgeous down there this morning. I suspect the Azaleas or Rhododendrons in the park will burst today or tomorrow. I'll try to get photos!
Pat, with all of the porch pirates around I'd be holding fast until those 15 bottles arrived! I have a question...If G&E are taking you and Bert to dinner who gets to take the leftovers home? :D Ya, hopefully Dr Tom will be glad the PSA numbers have dropped about 5 points and we'll just continue to monitor and check again in a couple of weeks. I should have a spigot installed in my arm to make blood collection easier until this whole thing is behind me.
Hey Kathie. Did you see the Canada / US border is now closed through June 21, 2021? Another month that I'll only be able to dream about sailing all of your yummy baked goods!
Off to check the laundry. Yep, a few new tasks each day to try to return to my new normal.
Be good my friends.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Don't have to wait for UPS after all today. I just checked the order status and it was marked "return to sender". I called the shipper to find out what the deal was and the man told me that apparently UPS damaged the order. I bet they broke a bottle! Man I spoke with immediately canceled that order and started a whole new order that will ship asap. Now that's what I call great customer service!!

Lee - When it comes to leftovers from a restaurant, with this gang the deal is you get to keep the leftovers for whatever you just ate. Speaking of which, I just ate my leftovers from yesterday and that might have been a big mistake. I feel so stuffed right now that I can't imagine another big dinner tonight, but I will give it my best shot!!

A’Burg Guy

I bet they broke a bottle!
A public flogging is in order! Great customer service from the shipper though!
73F here feeling like 79F! Waiting for the doc to call...it's not like there's anywhere we could go anyway. Really feeling caged in today. I best just pull up my "big boy panties" and enjoy the day!
Yes Dave, because I know you would ask, I also have "little boy panties". :oops:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Quick check in...hopefully I can get this finished before 1 of 2 things happens...the internet kicks me off...or someone calls me!!

Pat, sounds like the Birthday week is still going strong...good for you! Who did you order your wine from?

lee, hoping your Dr. conference goes well...sorry that you are having such an up & down time with the blood work!

Kathie, you are officially the only person I've ever known that sprayed the pollen off the trees!! Did it help any? Or did it just come back even more?

Dave, awww the memories we sometimes find tucked away in a closet or a drawer....our first house in Ohio also had the hardwood floors....which soon after we got married I talked Larry into covering with carpet...he would only agree to carpet in the living room...now I love having hard surface floors to take care of!

It's been a crazy busy last couple days...mowed Jane's back yard yesterday...then met Barb at a local pool place because Jane wanted to see about buying an above ground pool...they had some she was interested in...but not in stock...and the lady told her they had been trying since Oct. to get them in... after we left there we hit the pool for about an hour...the sun was hot...but the pool temp was back to 82 and with the wind it just wasn't comfortable. Later that afternoon Barb went online & found Jane an above ground pool 18 ft round by 52" deep for under $2,000...so Jane bought it...it will take 7-10 days to get here....we have a guy coming tomorrow to give her a price on the install...his "estimate" sight unseen is $1,100...hopefully it doesn't go up after he checks out the area...if he doesn't she will be all in at around $3,000....and the pool she had looked at in town was $3,500 PLUS installation...plus 7% tax she didn't have to pay...I hope it all works out for her, she wanted an inground...but it would have cost more than she paid for the house, so that just wasn't happening...
This morning Jane & I went out to visit Wendy for a little bit...she is leaving next Thurs to go to Ohio, with stops on the way in Ky. to decorate family graves... I will be taking care of Sparkplug while she is gone ...I just have to go out every other day & check on him & give him a can of food...he has a big bucket of dry food he eats most of the time.
And then this afternoon at 4 we are having a board meeting for the HOA....always something...now if the internet is kind this will post..if not...I've hit copy & will try again later...

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
News ALERT: Our Kroger grocery store has just posted they are NOT going to require MASKS for anybody, even employees, as of Thursday morning. I guess they had to do this, because Meijer stores went MASKLESS and they were afraid of customers shopping over there and getting use to it. It's ALL about MONEY.......not sure they give a hoot about over 600,000 people that died from this Epidemic. Oh well, the good thing is I don't really give a HOOT...I'll still wear my mask even though it might send the wrong message that I'm NOT vaccinated. I really need a mask that says ....I had my 2 Vaccinations don't mess with me! Ha ha.

Hi GANG! Wow lots of EXCELLENT chatter on here today.

Went with Art to his Urology Dr for a review of his colonoscopy and to tell her that his stomach issues that started all these visits are 95% gone. This Doctor should get the award for being KIND, KNOWLEGABLE, CONSIDERATE, PATIENT and a all in all fantastic person. NO RUSHING you through like most doctors. I told her she would be doing my 10 yr colonoscopy next year for sure.

Lee: When I went to the Cardiologists LAST Month she took me OFF the water pill because I was dehydrated. Right now as I'm typing my left leg ANKLE is SWOLLEN and the right one that usually never swells up has a slight puff to it. My ankles DO NOT LIKE HUMITITY and HEAT. Been that way forever. The doc told me the reason she had me on a water pill was to make it easier on my heart since I have poor circulation. I didn't understand it then and I still don't understand it now. She said I could cut the tiny, tiny pill in half if need be.
Told me to drink LOTS of WATER. And she added that people think if you drink LOTS of WATER it will swell up your ankles. WRONG. Your body knows when you don't drink enough water on a REGULAR basis and then it starts to store it. If you drink LOTS of water it gets use to it and then just dumps the excess out. I have found this to be true. Also, told me to never ADD SALT to meals and when cooking to cut back on the salt I use in the recipe. All makes good
sense. Told me to stay away from CHEESE which has lots of salt in it and restaurant and canned SOUPS which are full of sodium.
I have been looking at labels lately for how much sodium is in what I'm buying. Even in BREAD. You'd be amazed at the different levels of sodium in WHOLE WHEAT bread and 12-Grain bread. I always thought those would be better, but after checking and comparing some are loaded with sodium.

Okay, the SWOLLEN ANKLE
tutorial is now over for today. I'm going to give all of you a break and NOT SCHEDULE A TEST! Ha Ha.

Karen: I have mixed feeling on Jane getting a above ground pool! Lots of expenses and I FEAR YOU will be the one having to clean it!! Good Lord I hope not.

One good thing is that at least in Florida you get more use out of a pool than here UP NORTH! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: I just wouldn't want the high electric bill for having a filter running and installing separate electrical service for safety purposed and yikes.......heck....you know what it all entails. You had a in-ground pool for decades. A big expense.
Now about spraying down those huge Blue Spruce Pine trees. It did help. Not HALF as much pollen on the deck or table this morning. But I can bet if I went down and sprayed them again I'd still get those huge PUFFS of POLLEN DUST coming off them. We need a nice HARD rain and WIND to get rid of it all.

BB: Nice that the wine shop took charge and got you a replacement order out ASAP. After all a girl can't live without her wine.
wine pouring GIF

Lee: The extended BORDER closing is sad. Not for me as much as for people who own Summer home property and can't get to it and people like our choir director that has a 93 yr Father that lives in Hamilton, Ontario and hasn't hugged him in 2 yrs. Good thing he has a lot of church people in Hamilton that check on him. He still lives at home alone. They do a lot of FACETIME.
I'd love to be able to come and visit you guys and go to Goderich etc, etc.....but it will just have to wait. I can't imagine the long lines at the border once it opens. Talk about a Cluster-F. Ha Ha

Hope your test scores come back low and the phone visit is a good one. Nice to hear that you're able to help with the laundry again. Ha Ha. I bet you could use the SWIFTER on those hardwood floors right about now. It's just a matter of pushing dust around the floors. Ha Ha

DAVE: Nice going down Memory Lane about the Football betting Pool. I didn't bet that often, but I enjoyed your posts with the results each time you posted. It was fun while it lasted.
Good luck with the carpet guys tomorrow and both of you PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO PULL A MUSCLE while moving things.

Later.........

LEE: I forgot to tell you that if you put a PILLOW that is folded over under the foot of your mattress the ELEVATION helps while you're sleeping to drain some of the fluid from your ankles. Not sure what you would do if you don't have a box spring and mattress to tuck that pillow under.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Had a fantastic day.
Both Art and I were sitting out on the deck and saw a Male & Female Oriole stop by the feeder and then the Male flew over to the hummingbird feeder and took a drink.
DAVEI hope you get to seemone or two at your feeder. You just have to able to sit outside and WAIT FOR THEM!

I’ll leave tonight with with cute posting I found on Facebook. Too funny.
Nite all. The birds are singing outside and the sun is just going down and LIFE IS GOOD….tonight! :lol04:

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Saying good night from Belleview...I got the first patch done on the driveway the other day....tomorrow I am going to do the topcoat which I hope will conceal the cracks & patches so it looks like all fresh concrete....finger's crossed it works...

Kathie, I don't think Jane getting a pool was the greatest idea either...but it's her money...but Nope....I will not be cleaning her pool for her...she wanted it...she can keep it up....