What's your Favorite Carnival Ship?

L

LoriTom

The Pride. We liked it so much we went on it for the Eastern Caribbean and just recently to the Mexican Riviera. We like the wood decor, rather than the Vegas-type decor on other ships. Now we can't wait until it comes to Baltimore so that we can cruise on her again.

J

jhahn

Mine was the Paradise, when it was non-smoking! It was SOOOOOOO nice to be on a cruise without smokers. It is a shame that they ended the policy. I will still cruise (#10 coming up) and have enjoyed eight different Carnival ships.

U

UKCATS

We have been on Sensation 3 times, going on 4 in February, and even though she is one of the older ships, she has been refurbished 3 times and it is a wonderful ship. A few of the on board staff even know us by name. Very friendly staff, and Atlantis Beach is the best. It may be a small ship, and a short cruise, but we have wonderful memories from all 3 times on this ship.

M

mickeyboy7

My vote is for the LEGEND...an almost identical twin to the very fine MIRACLE but with a classier decor. I love the Miracle and will be sailing on her again next June out of NYC but the Legend beats her by a neon bulb.:)P)

P

popsec

For the ship itself and layout my vote is for the Legend. For the crew my vote would be for the Fascination.

G

Giles612

Hmm... this is a tough one.... Off the cuff I would say the Glory but for some reason the one I seem to have the fondest memories of is the Inspiration, I think it was the new water slide. :)

K

Kruzr41

All the ships that do a 7 day or longer itinerary are fine with me. If the Holiday or Fantasy class ships did a 7 day or longer cruise, they would be equal favorites.

Dan

F

flbratt

I haven't been on Carnival in awhile but, I would have to say the Miracle hands down for me so far. I do want to go on other Carnival ships but the Miracle was so much fun. Oh and it's freezing on that ship...bring a sweater.

R

RhinoMan

Danger!!!!! Go Royal Caribbean while you can. I've been on on 2 Carnival Cruises and the last one just ended this past Monday and I will never cruise with them again. Bad food, bad entertainment, horrible ship layout, even after my first Carnival cruise I talked myself into believing they could do better but they can't. Also don't let updated ships with carnival confuse you cause they update almost nothing if you want updated go with the newer ships from RCCL or NCL. Google search Carnival vs RCCL or NCL and you'll see everyone agrees!!!!!

B

Bajav

My favorite to this point has been Carnival Valor. However, I'm thinking that the new Carnival Dream will be my new favorite ship.

Cruizer

Staff Captain
my favorite carnival ship is the carnival magic

You must have really had to hunt for this one, considering the last post before yours was four and one half years ago.

MisterD21

If you take me serious, it's your problem
Danger!!!!! Go Royal Caribbean while you can. I've been on on 2 Carnival Cruises and the last one just ended this past Monday and I will never cruise with them again. Bad food, bad entertainment, horrible ship layout, even after my first Carnival cruise I talked myself into believing they could do better but they can't. Also don't let updated ships with carnival confuse you cause they update almost nothing if you want updated go with the newer ships from RCCL or NCL. Google search Carnival vs RCCL or NCL and you'll see everyone agrees!!!!!
rhino, while i am sorry you had a negative experience with carnival, there are many others who DO like carnival for the very reasons you do not. to make such a statement is simply your personal experience and opinion. As for your comment about doing a google search, i did one... and you know i found as many reports of people that like carnival over RCCL, or NCL... i've said it before, i'll say it again. each cruiseline offers something different for different people. it does not imply that one is either better or worse than their counterparts. It simply means that some people prefer one line over another for their own personal reasons. Me personally cruise on different lines mostly for itineraries, or savings. I also book cruises on different lines because i want to have different experiences. I will most likely be sailing on HAL next as they currently offer a 10 day panama cruise out of FT Lauderdale. I chose carnival this time because i am sailing with family members who have not cruised before and i didn't like any of RCCL's itineraries, and cost was an issue(RCCL seems to think their product is worth a 20% premium for the same itinerary offered by CCL. I personally don't think RCCL is worth the 20% premium in fare). I have yet to sail X, NCL, Princess, or the many other lines offered.

Mbandy

Staff Captain
You must have really had to hunt for this one, considering the last post before yours was four and one half years ago.

Yup, a golden oldie. Fun to look through and see some of the old names we don't see any more and the ones who are still around. I think I was post #6 and I still say Carnival Miricle.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member

Goguinness

Ordinary Seaman
Last edited:
I've been on numerous ones and can't say anything bad about most of them.

Two standouts to mention: Carnival Glory...exceptional customer service, accommodations, size and food.

Carnival Miracle...again... exceptional customer service, food, atmosphere...I could go on and on.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Carnival. Best value on the floating seas!