Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good evening!

Pat, I knew once you got free of the vest a trip to Sam's club couldn't be far behind. I hope you & Bert both got a couple ride around carts and took your time checking out all the new goodies you been missing out on!

Dave, I figured there would be more than 1 carton of lemon ice cream in your freezer. I have some silicon cup cake cups, I used them last week in my air fryer to make pineapple angel food cupcakes & they worked really good!

Kathie, nice of you to treat Art to breakfast this morning after all his hard work yesterday. I like the regular egg Mc muffins, not a fan of sausage ones.

Bill, hope the problem with the hearing aids is an easy fix.

Nancy, Happy Birthday to Bruce!

Lee, I'm with you, open ended invitations always make me nervous, if you want me to come for coffee/dinner or a glass of wine just say hey, come over today at X time for (fill in the blank).

Today was a little quieter & more relaxing day than yesterday. Did get my bedroom cleaned, changed the sheets & washed a couple loads of laundry. The HOA president came over this afternoon for me to sign off on a couple of Alteration requests that residents had submitted.
Tomorrow morning I am going over to help decorate the church for VBS which starts on Monday. I volunteered to be a "crew leader", which is basically moving kids from one station to another. They usually have about 50 kids show up so it should be interesting, I haven't done VBS in years.
Time to give Scooter the first set of her eye drops, so see you all tomorrow

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Well, he's feeling better and she has a shopping list, so......Marcia & Carl are back on the road for their almost daily shopping trips. OOPS! I mean BB & Bert.
1f60f.png

Only Florida would import their dust from Africa.

You Bunnies are sure smarter than me for knowing that soft rubbery baking pan was made out of silicone. (Kinda like "implants"?) I'd never seen a baking pan like it.

I'm like you Lee; I couldn't just go over to a friends house and get in their pool, without a specific invite for that day.

If you really loved me K2, you'd get me that second stand-up frost free freezer. Those "Egg/Sausage McMuffin things" are quite tasty once in a while. Ain't no way I'd pay 3 bucks an hour just to park a car so I could shop.

Volunteering AGAIN KC? You are always so nice and helpful. Have fun with the little whippers. If I was moving them around I'd probably have them in handcuffs. I'm with you on favoring the regular Egg McMuffin.

My plan this morning is to finish that, on your hands & knees, weeding that I started the other day when it so super hot and humid. Key word here, "Plan".

Do you Wabbits have any Powerball tickets for tonight's 615 million dollar drawing? Not too late to get one.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits! It's a nice partly cloudy 69F right now here and the weather folks keep saying it's going to start RAINING SOON!

Art just got done with his other major project of sawing out the roots of the huge Maple Tree by the street. Yesterday he got one more big surface root out of the area. He put down nice new dirt and sprinkled new grass seed all over the area. Raked it in a tad and then misted it with water and now we just wait a few weeks to see if we get GRASS to GROW in that area.

We just have to pray that today's rain is a light one and it doesn't UN-DO all of Art's hard work. I told him we should cover it with plastic if it starts to rain and he looked at me and said it's GRASS SEED NOT CEMENT! Okay!! :emoticon 0102 bigsmile: We both laughed at that one.

Karen:
Good for you doing some VBS volunteering. Gives you a nice chance to meet all the folks in the church a tad better. We have a few churches in the area that have tons of SIGNS with VBS on them. I finally figured out what it meant. Ha ha.
So, how does one put EYE DROPS in a kitties eyes without getting scratched up? Do you wrap Scooter in a towel and then do it? Hope it helps the eyes.

I need to get my act together today and figure out the few items I need to take with us for the Chicago trip. This is a FAST "In and Out" type of a trip. You can only sit around and chat with somebody for so long that doesn't have much to say to begin with. I'm going to take the clippers I use when I do cut Art's hair. I figure my brother might need a hair cut or trim. Since my sister-in-law has been in the hospital for so long and unable to visit I'm not sure if he has a regular time to get a hair cut or not. I know their former neighbor use to come by and do it at one time. Who knows. I'll find out.
It's a 5 - 6 hour car ride which include a few Rest Stops on the way. I HATE the RIDE. And since I won't be doing the driving I'll hate it even more. I'm going to take a 1/2 of a Xanax to chill me out! Ha Ha.

Lee: It is a bummer that the folks with the big pool don't just CALL YOU ALL over for a nice swim. BOYB would be fine. Seems like a waste of a huge pool to just assume somebody would just pop in and jump into it.

Summer Time Swimming GIF by Matt Joyce

Nancy: Hope your aches and pains in your hands and neck are not giving you too much trouble these days.

DAVE: I just wish that I would have bought a small STAND UP SELF DEFROSTING FREEZER about 10 years ago. I think it's a little late for that type of purchase for me. Now for you, with all that ICE CREAM you buy and consume it might still work.

PAT: So how did the CAR RIDE go for you and Bert. Did you actually get to go inside? Hope so. It's been awhile since you've been anywhere. Hope Bert isn't over-doing it with the driving and carrying and lifting of grocery bags. You need to take those grandkids with you to do the lifting. Or at least pick them up when you get home and have them carry the bags into the house. After all didn't a law get passed recently about having KIDS able to work at a younger age and longer hours? :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Off to get some coffee and a Toasted Muffin. From what it looks like outside I think ART will be coming home from his bike ride EARLY today!

Lee: Hope you and Lu-Ann and AVA have a great day. I trust you'll be taking a walk at Navy Park for sure. It's not too hot or too cold this morning.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. No real plans for me today. The right hand is hurting so I put some of the gel
on and now have an Ace bandage on it, keeps me from moving the wrist down to much.

This afternoon will watch the truck race then switch to the Xfinity race.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning from rainy Kissimmee! Showers are supposed to continue until mid afternoon. This is so rare for us.

Dave - I totally cracked up with your calling us Marcia & Carl. No one could ever get to their level of shopping. So far I haven't made it into a store let. Bert gets a scooter and rides around on that. Funny story from yesterday's trip to Sam's - Of course, we needed a case of wine, but Bert can't bend or pick up anything so heavy. He had to get an empty box and put the bottles in one at a time. When got home, He brought the bottles in 2 at a time and I was able to put them back in the box. Talk about team work!! He did manage to lift a case of beer which he wasn't supposed to do either.

Karen - Good for you doing VBS. I never knew what that was, but now I do. Should be fun and something different to do. You just can't seem to be able to stay still for very long, can you?

Kathie - We can't just call the grandkids to carry in all the groceries. Often, they are not home and they really can't carry the heavy stuff. They do help often, but we don't rely on their help on a daily basis.

Lee - So how's things north of the border this morning? Did you make it to the Navy Park for your walk today?

Nancy - Enjoy your race.

M&J are supplying dinner tonight, or the meat part, at least. Jimmy was smoking a piece of port and will be bringing pulled pork for sandwiches. We just have to provide the rolls and any sides we might want. I'm thinking coleslaw and french fries.
We had stuffed salmon and fettucine alfredo for dinner last night with enough leftover for another dinner. I'm still not getting a dinner out yet, but maybe this week.

Time for a cup of coffee and to decide what we're doing this afternoon. I know I have meds ready at Publix, so there might be a bit of retail therapy included!!

Have a great day, everyone!

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
I now hear everyone loud and clear.
Good news about being able to ditch that vest, Pat.
Our HOA seems to be very low key or else all of the residents are better about observing what few rules we have here and in two years I have yet to hear of any conflicts or any problems. Instead things seem to run very smoothly. Our HOA hosts a number of events over the year like the recent cookout/lobster dinner, the Chinese food
dinner a while ago and other get-togethers as well as an annual Christmas party and the monthly fee is still lower than what we were paying at our condo.
Hot and humid again today. Thank God for the AC.
Forgot that Blacklist was on last night but I have the TV scheduled to record all episodes so I have something to look forward to watching later when regular TV is nothing but repeats.
Badly in need of a haircut so I am off to take that task off my to-do list.
Stay cool and safe.

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Not sure why the previous post was worth a second appearance but I guess it is what it is.
Did get to watch the latest episode of Blacklist and look forward to the final (2 hour) episode next week. It seems reasonably clear that whatever was ailing Reddington in episodes from the last year or two, may have made him decide to get his affairs in order and prepare or the end. Not sure that he won't go out in some sort of blaze of glory. Just hope that the ending is more satisfactory than the final episodes of so many other shows. I can only think of a few where the final episode was a fitting climax of a great show.
A quiet weekend for a change with nothing planned. Cribbage resumes again next week after taking a week off because of the 4th. So far it looks like we have cemented our position as the last of the four teams, but hope springs eternal so perhaps things will improve.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon, I'm whipped! We got the Parish Hall decorated for VBS in about 3 hours today & tomorrow we have to decorate the inside of the church after the last mass. Rev. Lisa took us to lunch after we finished and even paid for it, I thought that was very nice of her! It poured rain, thunder & lightning while we were in the restaraunt & the lights flickered off several times, thought for sure they were going to lose power. It's starting to rumble here again so I'm going to go pour a glass of wine & chill!

Kathie, safe travels to Chicago tomorrow, that is one heck of a long trip to do in 1 day!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
It’s rained off and on all day here today. It was a good day for The OGC’s to throw up a half dozen sheets of drywall in Lisa’s laundry room.
We had friends in Kitchener who had a pool with a “drop in anytime” policy. BUT, they had a flag in their yard. If the flag was up you were welcome to come for a swim. We still felt uncomfortable with that and always waited for a direct invite.
Hope you have a very safe drive and a nice visit with George Kathie.
Your mention of VBS reminds me of when I was but a wee lad Karen. We had a fun, as I recall, an upbeat little song we used to sing to start each day!
Thank heaven for “record all” options for programs Bill. I just don’t understand why, if a sporting event runs over, our PVR isn’t smart enough to adjust the start and end time of the program we want to record.
Yes Pat. Ava, Lu-Ann and I made it to The Navy Yard before the rains came and OGC duty called this morning. There was a Model T gathering at Fort Malden and it was neat to see them driving into town. I bet you’re thrilled to be able to get around without that vest!
Did you get that weeding done today Dave?
Are the NASCAR guys in Atlanta this weekend Nancy?
I think we’re going to play a little ping pong shortly. It’s great for Lu-Ann’s hand eye coordination. Plus, we don’t keep score. We just like to keep the ball going as long as we can. It’s more fun that way. :emoticon 0100 smile:
Have a good evening everyone. And a safe and fantastic day tomorrow.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
EXCELLENT CHATTER on here today! :clap002:

Karen:
NOT a one day trip. Thank Goodness! 2 Days for sure. Sounds like you had a nice day getting the VBS areas in order. Good for you getting lunch out of the deal.
Hope the rain and thunder go away.

Pat: Nice to know the WINE & BEER made it into the house okay. :emoticon 0140 rofl:

Our friend UP 24 Mile Rd just stopped by and dropped off HOMEMADE Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie. Art loves that combination. It looked so professional.
Watching Marie back up out of the driveway and take off was scary. She needs to adjust her seat so she can see over the steering wheel. Yikes is all I can say.

I'm out of here. We'll be leaving EARLY in the morning to go to my brother's house and he's driving. I loose control of the wheel. Hope the
anxiety pill kicks in if I need to take it. I hate not being the driver. Ha Ha.

Be good little Wrabbit and stay safe.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. The truck race ran long so we did not see qualifying for Xfinity, which along with Cup is in Atlanta this weekend.

We had a bunch of thunder and hardly any rain.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning Bunnies!

A decent chance for mostly a soggy day here. Good thing I got my weeding done yesterday.

Just when I was thinking that it's been lacking in noise from fireworks since the 4th of July, it got mighty noisy last night. They probably loaded up again with half-off sales.

Safe travels and hoping a good visit with your brother, K2. Don't worry about Art's driving. Kathi's driving scares the hell out of me. A last second braker.

You cracked me up BB with describing how you and Bert's teamwork got the wine in the house without breaking Bert or the wine bottles.

Bill; I think all of us lately have been counting our lucky stars for our air conditioning.

How good of your preacher lady to buy you workers lunch, KC.

Can you still sing that VBS song from your youth, Lee? I always enjoyed ping-pong, but come to think of it, you are the only person I know that still has a ping-pong table.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning everyone.
I saw that Kathie’s brother, who is driving, has a “Sit down, shut up and hang on” bumper sticker on his car. This one’s for you…
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD3F7J2PeYU

Sit back and enjoy the ride.
You know Dave, I do recall a couple of lines and the tune but not enough to string much of it together. But I think it was around 60 years ago and my brain and mind were still developing. Heck, they still are! I love the sound and rhythm a ping pong ball makes off the paddles and table.
One more thing I’ve learned from this group of friends. Where wine and beer are involved never underestimate the power of the human spirt. Isn’t that right Pat.
I will, at some point, watch my F1 British Grand Prix today Nancy.
I hear stirring in the other room. That can only mean that coffee is in my immediate future.
Hi to the rest and everyone have a great Sunday.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! It's a beautiful morning here, but that could change very quickly once the east coast/west coast sea breezes kick in. Then all bets are off as to the weather for the next couple of hours.

Kathie - Safe travels and have a wonderful visit with your brother. Hopefully, you'll get a chance to check in over the next few days.

Lee -We always loved playing ping pong. I really have no clue whatever happened to our table. Used to have a beautiful pool table also. The painter we always used up in Ocala convinced Bert to sell the pool table to him and he did it. We also had a few other "toys" from our NJ past that Bert sold - 3 pinballs games and a Seeburg jukebox, the "Happy Days" one. I'd kill for the jukebox today!
Loved your choice of music today. That's one of my favorite cruise songs!

Dave - You'd be amazed with some of the innovative ways we're had to do some things since Bert broke his hip. One of the funniest is when I have to put socks on his big feet. If anyone watched that, they would think we've lost our marbles! Good thing that he can at least put his shoes on. Then I have to tie the laces for him.

Karen - Nice that you got lunch out of the deal for helping set up the VBS. Does it start tomorrow?

Bill - We're really looking forward to the grand finale of Blacklist. I hope it's as good as the episodes have been this season.

The gang came over last night with the whole dinner - pulled pork, rolls, cole slaw, macaroni salad, etc. We provided the strawberry and blueberry shortcake. They took all the leftover home with them, as well as a container of strawberries & blueberries. That worked for us.

Today is going to be a pretty quiet day around here. Nothing much is planned, which sometimes is a good thing. I would like to get out to the lanai for a little while before the heat drives us back inside. My poor herb garden isn't doing well this year. I kept telling Bert it needs to be fertilized, but he never did it. That plus the intense heat we are having is killing most of the plants off. That makes me so mad as I love having fresh herbs to put in foods. Might get some more in the fall for our second growing season.

I hear Bert just about ready to come out of the bedroom, so I guess I should be nice and make him some breakfast for a change. Have a fantastic Sunday, no matter what you're doing.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. My right hand is hurting a lot this morning, just wrapped it in an ace bandage.

Am sure we will be going to lunch. The race is not until this evening.

All have a great day.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Add me to the fan list of Bob Marley. Thanks for the song, Lee.

The song that always reminds me most of a cruise is, "Hot, Hot, Hot". (And this summer.)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBQDu6ONXXg

I can only imagine some of the innovations you and Bert have created since he broke his hip, BB. Adjust, compensate, overcome.

Nothing much from me to gab about this morning. Just want to wish all of you Bunnies a good Monday morning.

A’Burg Guy

Good morning.
This may be the last sunny day of the week here in The Burg. I guess that means getting the grass cut today.
Great song choice Dave! Jimmy Buffett used to use the Buster Poindexter version of “Hot, Hot, Hot“ to rev up the crowd before he came on stage.
speaking of “revs” how was your race Nancy?
That was some collection of fun toys you and Bert had Pat. Cool. Your description of getting Bert’s socks on made me think back to my heart thing. So simple but so frustrating that I needed help.
I sure hope that Kathie made it safe and sound to Chicago.
Does VBS START THIS WEEK Karen? Have fun!
We started to watch The Lincoln Lawyer series on Netflix Bill. I think that may be one you’d enjoy. Once everything goes in to reruns.
Have a great Monday everyone.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning!
Yes, VBS starts today, we spent yesterday afternoon finishing up the decorations & it looks pretty cool. Then there was a "crew leader" meeting where Rev. Lisa handed out our crew roster & schedule. Should be an interesting week!

Pat, they say necessity is the Mother of invention and we know wine is pretty necessary so I'd say you & Bert did a great job of getting in safely from the store shelf into the house.

Dave, good going getting the hands & knees weeding done last week, but don't be to surprised when you go outside & see they are baaaaaccck! I need to spray the weeds on the patio soon, but with all the rain we've been getting that hasn't happened

Kathie, hope you arrived safely & are having a great visit with your brother. I know he will be so happy to have some new visitors for a change, especially ones who bring cookies! I thought of you Sat. I picked up some cranberry walnut biscotti at Publix, it was delish & I may look for a recipe to try and make some next time

Lee, sounds like a fun way to play ping pong by not keeping score.
Keep your fingers crossed I survive this week, probably should NOT have jumped into VBS this year, but oh well, it's only 5 nights

Wednesday is Jane's birthday so we are having lunch at the pool & hopefully going swimming. I talked to Wendy last night & she is going to join us.
Friday night I pulled such a bone head move, while taking my shower I didn't have the shower curtain all the way inside the shower, didn't realize it until I went to step out & the bathroom floor was flooded! What a mess & trying to slip slide on wet tile to clean it up was not fun! It even ran under the laminate flooring in the bedroom and now that's buckled a little bit on the edges. I'm hoping in time it will flatten back down a little. I eventually want to replace the tile & laminate with waterproof LVP, luxury vinyl plank. I like the look of laminate or hardwood, but with tile in the rest of the house it's a pain having to use a separate cleaning method when I'm cleaning house. With the Lvp I can just use my spin mop thru the whole house, for now though I need to get my roof paid off before I think about any more remodeling projects
other than that not much going on, trying to get laundry caught up & things done so I can mostly relax & chill during the day this week

Last edited:

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Not a lot of time to chat this morning. I have an appointment with my cardiologist. Plus Bert is supposed to get PT today, if the guy ever calls.

It's going to be another wickedly hot day here with a chance of t-storms later this afternoon. What else is new?

Dave - Liked your choice of songs for this morning. First time I ever heard Hot Hot Hot was on our first cruise in 1991. Since then it to is one of my favorite cruise songs.

Lee - You expecting rain all week? That would really stink. Summer is just to short to waste days on rain. Now go get that grass cut.

Karen - When is VBS , morning, afternoon or evening? I'm just not very knowledgeable about it. Nice that you'll be able to get together for Jane's birthday. Sorry about your flood. I think everyone has done that one time or another, if you use a shower curtain. I'm glad we have glass doors on all the tubs and showers.

Kathie - If you get to check in with us, let us know how your trip is going. I bet your brother will be thrilled with the company and the cookies.

Time now to run. Have a great Monday, everyone!

A’Burg Guy

Holy Cow! Did everyone go to Chicago with Kathie?
Keep your fingers crossed I survive this week
Perhaps being VBS a prayer may be more in order? ;)
I did get the grass cut Pat. Well, the back yard. That’s about as long as my batteries last. I mean the lawn mower. Mine last a tad longer. Two thumbs up from the cardiologist I hope.
Time to consider dinner.
Be good gang.