Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
We got a little RAIN, thunder & lightening here around 9:25 pm. The scrolling warnings on the TV made it sound like it was going to be the END OF LIFE for all! Ha Ha. It stopped raining 10 mins ago.

Lee: I CHEATED.......yes little Ole Me did a google on BR-549. Never heard of that before I got mixed up with this group. How do you remember all this stuff about bands and music?

BR549 (originally spelled BR5-49) was an American country music band founded in 1993.

Art has a Retina doctors appt tomorrow at 8:45 am.
I will drop him off and then head over to the Township offices to pay our TAXES! Joy, Joy!
Then I need to make sure to go grocery shopping. We are totally out of bread & milk. :oops:
I was just too busy this week to do things for us! Ha Ha

Closing down for the night. You all know the drill......be safe and wear those masks.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
I was thinking it was Hee Haw, Lee. Can't say I ever heard of the band. On your deal to become a Bunny; WAIT there's more, on your $49.95 three payment deal. Order now and you receive a FREE Royal Caribbean key chain.

I think somebody would have dope-slapped the new priest if he complained about anything, K2. People who work in these Hole-in-the-wall places are usually more friendly too.

"what was in spicy mystery brew? Just curious" Here ya go BB; All my mystery-brews have some kind of meat in them. This one had tiny pieces of hot dogs. Then there is mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms, spicy refried beans, chopped broccoli, corn & creamed corn, AND OF COURSE black pepper, hot sauce, and crushed red pepper. All washed down with milk and coffee. That'll wake you up in the morning.

Did make it on the the treadmill for a bit yesterday where I finished "Casablanca" and then began "Platoon".

Today it should be a summery warm and dry day. Close to 90 degrees. One of the few left. So I may mill around smartly outside weeding.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Order now and you receive a FREE Royal Caribbean key chain.
WOW! A genuine RCCL "crappy collection" key chain! Dave, you are too generous. On one of our cruises the staff referred to all of the trinkets that way. One of the contests they actually gave the winner a pen. Second place got 2 pens. It was pretty funny.
That'll wake you up in the morning.
I reckon that would wake me up in the middle of the night too!
Have fun paying your taxes Kathie. We get to pay ours online. Or we can roll them into our mortgage. Good luck to Art as well. I prescribe a tall foo foo drink at Starbucks for your efforts.
If I start wwiting wike a wabbit will that help?
JCar, it's not nice to make fun of people with large fingers that hit or miss two or tree keys at once.
Games day today. We're playing "Corn Hole" out side if it doesn't rain. I sure do hope it's not like the scene from Deliverance!! I think I'll stay seated as much as I can. ;)
Hi to everyone and all of you have a wonderful covid free day!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone!

bob & Jcar - I detect a bit of sarcasm in your comments about us poor bunnies! Be nice or we'll poop all over the place!! LOL

Dave - I described you spicy mystery brew to Missy. She said it sounded good to her. Of course this is the same person who went on to tell me that she woke up around midnight last night with indigestion, so I'm not sure she could handle it. I bet if I searched around here enough, I could "donate" a Royal Caribbean clicky pen. I'm sure the ink would be all dried up, but it's the thought that counts, right? :emoticon 0136 giggle:

Lee - I've so wanted to have a corn hole set. Most of the ones I like are super expensive and wouldn't get enough use. I tried talking Bert into making it, but he had no interest in doing it. Might have to work on Jimmy to do it. Have fun playing today and I hope the rains hold off so you can be outside. Good idea to sit as much as possible.

Kathie - By now Art should be finished with his doctor visit. I hope he has a good result today. Nice that you're doing some running around while he's there.

Our dinner last night was so delicious. M&J did a great job making it all and then cleaning up afterwards. Not sure what's happening for dinner tonight. Might have fish tacos, or chicken fajitas or the one I am leaning toward is going to the Grille for a whole menu of typical bar type food. They are only going to do this Monday nights during football season. We couldn't care less about what teams are playing, we just want to support this, so they do continue doing it. I wish they had a few of these things on the regular menu also. Besides, we haven't been to the Grille in 2 weeks for one reason or another.

Once again, there's no sign of Bert yet this morning. He was just going into the bathroom as I was coming out. Knowing him, I still won't see him for another hour! He's got to go back to Wally World, as he was missing part of his order from yesterday and didn't realize it until he got home. Missy called and got told he should bring his receipt back and they will give him the missing stuff. I'm more inclined to believe that he wasn't paying attention to the bags going around that stupid carousel and just grabbed the one right in front of him. At least they are going to make good on what he forgot.

Time for a cup of coffee while I listen for the buzzer on the dryer to go off. Have a super day, gang. Don't do anything stupid and stay safe!:)

Jcar

Lecturer
WOW! A genuine RCCL "crappy collection" key chain! Dave, you are too generous. On one of our cruises the staff referred to all of the trinkets that way. One of the contests they actually gave the winner a pen. Second place got 2 pens. It was pretty funny.

I reckon that would wake me up in the middle of the night too!
Have fun paying your taxes Kathie. We get to pay ours online. Or we can roll them into our mortgage. Good luck to Art as well. I prescribe a tall foo foo drink at Starbucks for your efforts.

JCar, it's not nice to make fun of people with large fingers that hit or miss two or tree keys at once.
Games day today. We're playing "Corn Hole" out side if it doesn't rain. I sure do hope it's not like the scene from Deliverance!! I think I'll stay seated as much as I can. ;)
Hi to everyone and all of you have a wonderful covid free day!
For god sakes don’t stand up or bend over.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I went to school with a guy who’s name was Ben Dover. Really, I don’t make this stuff up.
In keeping with the theme Pat, bummer that Bert has to go back. I agree. Those carousels with all the bags can be confusing. Especially when the clerk puts 1 or 2 items in each bag! I looked at corn hole games too. Crazy prices, aren’t they?

Jcar

Lecturer
Good morning, everyone!

bob & Jcar - I detect a bit of sarcasm in your comments about us poor bunnies! Be nice or we'll poop all over the place!! LOL

Dave - I described you spicy mystery brew to Missy. She said it sounded good to her. Of course this is the same person who went on to tell me that she woke up around midnight last night with indigestion, so I'm not sure she could handle it. I bet if I searched around here enough, I could "donate" a Royal Caribbean clicky pen. I'm sure the ink would be all dried up, but it's the thought that counts, right? :emoticon 0136 giggle:

Lee - I've so wanted to have a corn hole set. Most of the ones I like are super expensive and wouldn't get enough use. I tried talking Bert into making it, but he had no interest in doing it. Might have to work on Jimmy to do it. Have fun playing today and I hope the rains hold off so you can be outside. Good idea to sit as much as possible.

Kathie - By now Art should be finished with his doctor visit. I hope he has a good result today. Nice that you're doing some running around while he's there.

Our dinner last night was so delicious. M&J did a great job making it all and then cleaning up afterwards. Not sure what's happening for dinner tonight. Might have fish tacos, or chicken fajitas or the one I am leaning toward is going to the Grille for a whole menu of typical bar type food. They are only going to do this Monday nights during football season. We couldn't care less about what teams are playing, we just want to support this, so they do continue doing it. I wish they had a few of these things on the regular menu also. Besides, we haven't been to the Grille in 2 weeks for one reason or another.

Once again, there's no sign of Bert yet this morning. He was just going into the bathroom as I was coming out. Knowing him, I still won't see him for another hour! He's got to go back to Wally World, as he was missing part of his order from yesterday and didn't realize it until he got home. Missy called and got told he should bring his receipt back and they will give him the missing stuff. I'm more inclined to believe that he wasn't paying attention to the bags going around that stupid carousel and just grabbed the one right in front of him. At least they are going to make good on what he forgot.

Time for a cup of coffee while I listen for the buzzer on the dryer to go off. Have a super day, gang. Don't do anything stupid and stay safe!:)
I can already tell, there’s nothing poor about this crowd.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Got a lot done already this morning.
Art got a shot in his eye and unfortunately nothing has changed since 7 weeks ago. I guess that's better than having it GET WORSE. Next appt is 10 weeks to see if longer times in between shots does any good. If it doesn't then they will just stop the shots. He can see good through the eye so that's not a issue. It's just that the aneurism might pop once day! That wouldn't be so good.

I got the taxes paid. Lee: We can pay online too, but I waited too long to do that this time. I actually like seeing the clerk STAMP my receipt PAID with that big old fashion stamper. There was a steady coming and going of OLD FARTS like myself taking in their taxes to the Clerks Window. Old habits are hard to break.

DAVE: I don't blame you for going outside and enjoying the nice temps while we have them. This might be the last week of 85-90F around here. We had rain again at midnight last night. Mother Nature was right on time for watering our grass and plants again. Bless her soul this year for being so timely.

We just got back from visiting our ACE Hardware store. Art has decided we WILL be painting the garage floor. So we bought so solution to DE-GREASE it first. He also bought some rough sandpaper to scuff up some of the existing paint areas before painting the floor. We'll have to keep the cars outside on the driveway for 7 days so the paint can cure. This makes me think this is a "KAREN" type project. LOL

Karen: What are you up to girl? Did you find another church to test out yesterday?

Pat: That dinner looked good on facebook. Nice of M&J to treat you Grandparents to a different meal like that.
I actually used the Scooter at the grocery store this morning. I swear they need to UPGRADE the batteries in those things. I thought for sure I was going to run out of juice before I got through all the isles. It wasn't busy that early in the morning, so I didn't have to worry about bumping into folks. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Do any of you know of folks that have booked a cruise for next year? DAVE.... did you and Kathi book one? Can't remember. I know you have to use up the credit sooner or later.

Okay, I'm out of here. Need to make some TEA for us to have on hand. That Y 'All Tea from down South sure is tasty. We don't add the sugar to make it Sweet Tea. It's just good plain.

Take care and get out and enjoy the nice temps while we still have them.
End Of Summer GIF by Headexplodie

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Well we just got a deluge of RAIN and THUNDER here in Macomb and across Mid-Michigan.
And the TEMPS dropped big time. 2:15 pm

Lee.......did you get any of this rain? Sure is dark outside and the rumbles continue! :rolleyes: :emoticon 0108 speechless:

Rainy Day Rain GIF by Kudamono

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon! I have no idea where the days have gone...but wherever they went, they left in a hurry!

J, as Pat said we are a friendly bunch of people who have been chatting together for decades....feel free to stick around & get to know us....

Kathie, Sorry to hear Art's eye isn't improving, but I guess you right when you say at least it isn't getting worse...glass half full!!
Let me know how the garage painting turns out...I really do want to re-paint my garage floor, but I worry about doing all that work & then it not stick properly...

Dave, watch that milling & weeding in 90 degree temps....but I know you will have a chair handy & pace yourself...did you get the new solar light installed on the fence post?

Pat, nice that the cooking crew was also the cleaning crew! Good to see you & Bert getting spoiled for a change!

Lee, have fun with game day...
And I well remember the activity leaders on Royal and them laughing about how excited the passengers would get to play crappy games & win crappy prizes...sometimes it almost turned into a brawl!
And I knew exactly what you were referring to with BR-549....Every Sat. night our TV was tuned into Buck & the gang....

No church shopping for me yesterday...It was "supposed" to be cloudy all day so I went to Jane's to mow her back yard & her front yard...well once again the weather man was wrong...bright & sunny all day!! There was a nice breeze most of the time so I did get it all done...but it kicked my booty in the process....after I finished Jane & Hansel came over & we went swimming in the clubhouse pool...then when Barb got off work she picked up Sonny's BBQ for us & met us at the pool...
Today I ended up taking Scooter to the Vet a day early...the last couple days she had been sneezing a lot...and then started coughing & sounding like she had a stuffy nose...she wouldn't take the Lysine treats I give her to help her immune system so I decided to try & get her checked out...her ears are better but still have a bit of infection so she is still on drops for another week...the vet said her lungs sounded good...no nasal discharge, but she was running a bit of a fever so they gave her an antibiotic shot and some fluid under the skin just to try & perk her up a little bit...she hasn't been sneezing or coughing since she came home, so hopefully it's helping!
Jane finally made it to Publix today & got her 1st Covid shot...I'm just hoping she doesn't have any side effects from it....
And that is about all the news from Belleview...hope you all have a fantastic day!!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good Tuesday morning!

Another summery day here today. Tomorrow will be a wet one. It seems that there's a line around the south side of Lake Erie where you K2 and Lee have been getting rained on in recent days, and us south of it have been getting sun.

How's your hemorrhoids doing today after that corn-hole game yesterday, Lee?
1f601.png

Thought of you yesterday BB when I saw a new Cadillac commercial. The perfect replacement for when your old Caddie dies. An electric Caddie. Can you imagine how much that puppy costs?

Oh yea, Rachel Maddow; It's been reported that she's hinting that she wants into production, doing documentaries and writing books. And MAY be leaving her show next spring.

OK mister one liner, it's time for you to at least say what your first name is, Jcar.

Yes K2, Kathi and I do have a cruise booked for April. But thanks to the anti-vaxers and anti-maskers may get canceled....again. Now a question for you; On your vaccination card, how did they list the 3rd Covid shot you got? As a booster shot?

KC; The tops of those solar lights on our white fence just pop right off. And that's where the lightbulbs and batteries are located. So anytime I see one of them go out, it's fixed by the next day. I've always got a new spare light and lots of rechargeable batteries. Sorry to hear that Scooter is having her troubles. You must have the Vet on speed-dial.

It's getting closer to October, when I hope to be rid of this long hair when my ponytail is at least 10 inches long. It turns out that neither "Locks of Love" or "Wigs for Kids" charge the parents for the wigs. I chose Locks of Love to donate my ponytail to. Wigs for Kids want it to be at least 12 inches long, and I'm not waiting another 4 months for it to grow to that length.

So when Kathi ties it into a ponytail and snips it off next month and mail it to West Palm Beach I'll no longer have a need for my dog brush. (Still better than any people brush I've seen.) And I'll probably quit going in circles when I have to poop. 1631608972957.png

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Dave - Glad you're getting one more day of summery weather. It'll be getting cool soon enough, so enjoy the good warm days when you can. What were you doing up so early this morning? 4:43 when you posted, so you had to be up earlier than that. That's the middle of the night!! I too had the same thought when I saw the commercial for the electric Cadillac. If we ever get back to the Caddy dealer, I'll have to ask him. I thought I read last week that Rachel Maddow had signed a new contract and that she will stay with her present show. I guess we'll see, right?

Went to the Grille last night. We had planned to get a few appetizers and started out with homemade nachos with all the fixins. OMG! It was huge and so filling. I also ordered a flatbread pizza, but was so full after eating the nachos that we had to bring 2 pieces home with us. M&J also came down and got the nachos too plus 12 wings plus 3 sliders for each of the kids. We won't even get into the amount of beer and wine that was consumed. We didn't stay for any of the game, as neither team was a favorite of ours.

Time to get off here and see about watering some plants on the lanai. With all the heat we have been having, they start to wilt very quickly not long after they've been watered. I'll be back later. :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning GIF
WOW... it's humid and beautiful outside already. Just have to make the most of this day.

DAVE:
The Vaccination Card has a area that says: OTHER! In that area the pharmacist wrote 3rd and then the Brand of vaccination and the date. We now have 3 shots of Pfizer in our systems.
In a couple of weeks we will get the Flu Shot. Still not sure about the Shingles shot! Might hold off for that one until next year.

How nice that your hair is almost long enough to cut and donate. Such a nice thing you did. Do you still have the long beard? If you do you could fill in as a
Substitute Orthodox Priest. They for some ridiculous reason have to sport a beard. I remember when that ruling came from the Patriarch in Serbia and our priest started to let their beards grow. It was laughable.
Sure hope that by April, 2022 you and Kathi will be able to take your CRUISE. All that money just sitting in their bank making THEM interest has to be so frustrating. That was all wrong how they handled the refunds.

I sure hope that Rachel Maddow doesn't stop doing her TV show. She's so good at it and brings out all the CRAP that the politicians (either side) try to hide.

SO, what do you all think of the upcoming RIOT that is being planned for Washington. I saw that the FENCES were going back up. Hard to believe that we allow these Homeland Terrorist's to come back and trash our Capitol again. Glad they caught that one idiot who had knives and other destructive things in his car yesterday. I guess he wanted to make sure to make a name for himself and get a good CELL in JAIL.

PAT: Glad you had a good time at the Grille. I saw a list of activities they offer at your place and you and Bert should be signing up for some of them. Seems like they're trying to offer something for everyone.

Karen: If it's as hot and humid over our way as it is here in my backyard I can see you and your sisters going into a POOL TODAY. Oh what I would give to be able to jump in a Gulf on a floatie and just let that sunshine baste me! Maybe next year.

Summer Relaxing GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Lee: Hope you got to go over to the Navy Park and enjoy the waters view this morning. Any word on when you're scheduled to have radiation? I think that's what you said would happen first. I hope it's at a place close to home. You usually have to go everyday. Doesn't hurt, but sure does interrupt your daily schedule.

Later gang. I need to get out and about. Be Safe and remember DELTA is LURKING and after ALL OF US.

WELL look who showed up while I was posting. HI PAT! Sounds like you all had a good time at the Grille last night. And you have lunch for today to warm up! Have a good day.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning from Muggy Belleview....started out bright & sunny...now turning over cast & humid...the plan is to swim at Jane's around noon....as long as it's not thundering then it's still on...

Pat, nice you were able to get away & hang out at the Grille for a while last night...I'd heard they were planning to send out a search party for you!

Dave, glad to hear that neither LoL or Wigs for kids charges their patients for wigs...just goes to show you can't believe everything you read on the internet!
I would sure hope if next years cruise get's cancelled that Royal would do the right thing & refund your money...not holding my breath...but it WOULD be the right thing to do!!

kathie, yep...pool time at Jane's is on the schedule...it's my turn to pick up lunch so we will be having Little Cesar's $5 pizzas.

Lee, you must have either had an appointment for this morning or are still celebrating your stunning Corn Hole victory from yesterday...hope all is well in the burg!

Tomorrow I go with some of the pool group to a ceramic painting class...there is a lady who owns a villa in here, but rents it out & lives in a large house nearby who has TONS of ceramic molds & other items...she charged $5-10 per item and then supplies all the paints & teaches you how to paint the item...when it's finished she fires it & seals it and you have a lovely ceramic plaque or whatever you made...last year Tom made a beautiful nativity set...camels, wise men...the whole set up...it was amazing! I'm starting with a small garden stone that say's Garden of Weedin....I'm going to give it to Wendy for Christmas...nearly time to head over to Jane's so I'll check back with all you lovely people later...

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Nice to see you gals showed up! I think humid & muggy are definitely the best words to describe today.

Kathie - There's something for everybody to do in our community, so you get to pick and choose. We like the social side of the community, as that's why we bought here. We don't use the pool or the gym. We don't take part in zumba or the rest of the exercise classes. There are a slew of clubs that have gotten started, but none that we're interested in. Heck, Bert didn't even join the fishing club!
I forgot to mention earlier that we do have a cruise booked for the end of February to celebrate our anniversary on the ship once again.

Karen - Looks like the clouds are gathering here for a shower. I hope you're not getting the same up your way or it will ruin your pool time. Nice that you're doing that ceramics painting class. Bert's mother used to go every week when we lived in NJ. She made all kinds of stuff including 2 nativity sets! She also did a complete village for me one year with about 10 houses. I've got that packed away, as I have no place to put it here. I'll probably just give it to Melissa one of these days.

Time to think about making something for lunch. My tummy is growling at me, so I guess it's time to feed the inner me. Have a great rest of the day, everyone! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Karen: How fun to go to a Ceramic class.
I use to go to a ladies house back in the old neighborhood. It was FANTASTIC.
I made the Ceramic Christmas Tree that you would put little colored plastic into the holes and it would light up. Had it for decades and finally gave it away.

You picked a fantastic first project. Mugs are nice to make too. Have fun.

Pat: How nice to have a cruise planned. Let's hope they all can happen.