Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits. Busy on here already! Love it.

Lee: PINE KNOB is still up and running, they just keep CHANGING the NAME. I actually think it's BACK to being called PINE KNOB again. (not positive) Anyways, when there is something going on there the traffic is CRAZY in that area. You learn to stay away from I-75 in and around there!
Hope the learning lesson on washing Lu-Ann's hair and drying it works out. My money is on you doing a FANTASTIC JOB. Good luck buddy!

Karen: Thanks for the explanation of SRO. (Standing Room Only) I thought Bill was talking about another type of card game! :emoticon 0136 giggle:
Hope Jane gets a decent Medicare plan that doesn't cost too much.

Out of here for now.
And like LEE mentioned it's another COLDER MORNING around here. 41F at 8:42 a.m. BUT SUNNY and that helps. Suppose to get into the 50's later. Whooppee. :clap002:

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. It is overcast this morning with possible rain.

Have my Dexa Scan and Mamo this morning. Then this afternoon will fix scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner.

Jennifer called yesterday. She got a lease car Friday and then Saturday put close to 300 miles going to Orlando to see her cousin. She said that since going in the hospital last Tuesday Becky has not been out of the bed. She is supposed to have back surgery today where they will be putting cement in where the fractures are. And actually the Drs are glad she is now in the hospital so she is not walking around and getting in and out of a car, which could cause more problems for her back. Then later this week they want to do a surgery to stop the Estrogen production of her body as that seems like the main cause of her breast cancer. It won't cure but doing this will at least slow down movement. And they have told her that they won't give her a prognosis as to time because they don't have all the answers. I sent her a message on Facebook telling her we knew what all is happening and of course that everything goes well today and that I feel she has very good Drs.. Jennifer did say that they have not told Nick all except that Becky has a big problem with her back. Nick is 13 and very naive so they aren't real sure how he will take about the cancer and not being curable. But Becky's husband has had to go to Nick's school to explain all of Nick's tardiness so they know more than Nick.

All have a great day.

Mike Elias

Shore Excursion Manager
The temperture is slowy increasing. It is supposed to get into the 80s later this week or next week. Bring it onl :)
Karen, I guessed what SRO was but I had no idea what LCR meant, maybe something to do with playing cards but thanks for the explanation I wouldn't worry about it too much Dave, as long as we have Karen to keep up straight we will have no worries. I am still in the 20th century and don't think I will ever be able to get out of it..

Our lawn person mowed our yard this AM and did good job. As long as I don't have to do it, every body would do a good job.
Thanks for the video Lee. I had forgotten all about Johny Mathis and t hat song. It is nice that Lu-Ann can take the downs so well, wouldn't it be nice if all of us could do it.
Bill, how is t he sound on your new TV or can you tell any difference?
I listened to Frank Sinatra for a short while yesterday. I am liking him a lot more every time I listen to him.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good evening. Jennifer messaged that Becky came thru surgery good and at that time she was trying to get a nap. It is hard for Becky's husband to get Nick to school, work and get to the hospital to be with Becky so Jennifer decided to go today because of the surgery.

I got the pan in the oven to cook dinner but had to have Bruce get it out of the oven because it was heavy and hot and with not supposed to lift anything heavier than a coffee cup in the left hand even putting it in the oven is not easy. I go in just over a week to see the Dr and will set up for surgery on the right hand. That way it will be at least 5 weeks between the two. So the left hand will be in decent shape.

All have a good night.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good morning Bunnies!

Have you noticed that the Buffoon doesn't call Biden "Sleepy Joe" anymore?

A beautiful sunny day here yesterday. And like you Mike, our lawn guy showed up. As he was finishing up I happened to look out the window and he was spraying weed-killer on some weeds that were coming up between sections of the cement driveway. I've never seen him do that before.

Get that part-time job at the beauty parlor, Lee? :)

Thanks for being our translator, KC.

Don't know why K2, (Maybe the 12 year old in me.) but the name "Pine Knob" makes me grin.

Not much else to gab about. In a bit we're heading out to IHop for breakfast.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good morning.
Like most hair salons I was closed on Monday. A couple of things came up so we’ll do the hair thing today. The ladies are having a day out tomorrow so Lu-Ann would like her hair a little “fresher” if she decides to go.
I did manage to get the front grass cut before we headed off for games day.
Looks like Thursday is gazebo raisin’ day.
Sirius radio has a whole channel of Frank Sinatra and other greats of that era Mike.
We sometimes play the dice game LCR Wild on games day. “Buy in” is five bucks in quarters. Each round everyone starts with three quarters. You may run out of quarters but can come back and win the round. It’s fun and there’s not enough of a pot that anybody gets upset if they happen to lose all of their coins.
Not much else on tap for what could be a wet Tuesday.
Have a great day everybody.

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Thanks once again for stepping in and explaining something that I posted, Karen. Both definitions were absolutely correct. The hall was filled and I 'm not sure that they would have been able to accommodate any more folks or players.
Don't notice any difference in the sound with the new TV, Mike but the picture is very clear and its size is about perfect for our living room. Next on the agenda is a
fireplace and a new refrigerator/freezer.
What is it about Monday's that so many places close - not only barber shops but around here many restaurants as well? Seems that there should be a few barbers and restaurants who could capitalize on those closings by offering their good or services on a day when they would have little or no competion.

Think it was just my natural charm that brought me that financial reward, K2. Speaking of finances, we filed our state income tax a week and a half ago and our refund was deposited in our bank account yesterday. Never knew our state government to perform so quickly and efficiently in the past.

A’Burg Guy

A couple loft things Bill...One of our local cafe / bakeries here in town, Caffeine and Co., has started to take advantage of the closed cafes in The Burg by opening on Monday. Meghan, the owner, says that it has proven to be a good business decision. That's the cafe that you passed by Kathie.
The other thing was with so little on TV, no matter what size the screen is, we started to rewatch "Monk" right from Season 1. A couple of things looked very familiar and sure enough after the pilot season 1 was filmed in and around the west end of Toronto and Etobicoke. Neat to see and recognize some of the old buildings and locations.
"Hair by Lee" may be forced into Chapter 11 after only one customer. Seems that the lead stylist kept getting water, shampoo, conditioner and more water in the client's eyes. The customer left, didn't pay the bill and of course stiffed the stylist. :D
Still raining. That beats the
snow we could see a trace of Wednesday night into Thursday morning.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Wrabbits!
Nice chatter on here today.
Loved all the posts from the Hair Stylist! I’d give the customer your Credit Card and tell her to make a HAIR WASH AND BLOW OUT Appt at her favorite salon. Or you could just offer to get in the shower with her and then there would be less chance of getting shampoo in her eyes! Ha ha.
Stay Home GIF by Orlando Korzo

OOPS….Not sure why the print went to SMALL. Tried to fix it and it wasn’t happening. Get out your Magnifying glass!

Bill: I know what you mean about places being closed on Monday’s.
After my dentist appt yesterday I wanted to go to the local YUMMY bakery in Grosse Pte and it was closed! So then I drove a mike further to the Cheesecake Shoppe and it was closed. Every food or cafe in that strip mall was closed!
closed GIF

I guess I should be happy I saved money and CALORIES! Ha ha.

We had a surprise visit our granddaughter this afternoon. She had a meeting close by and stopped by with her new Bronco vehicle! So cool.
we had a touch of drizzle here mid-morning. Now the SUN IS OUT BIG TIME as it goes down shortly! Still windy out there.

I passed a about 6 Motels way out here by us and their parking lots were FULL! I’m thinking they were folks here for the NFL DRAFT in downtown Detroit starting Thurs-Sat. They are closing main streets left and right downtown getting ready for the crowds.
If we watch any of it at all, it will be from HOME SWEET HOME!

Choir bake Sale this Sunday..( It’s Orthodox Palm Sunday and we have a annual Bake Sale every year) Remember the year I made 46 Nut Rolls! Well that’s NOT happening this year or ever again! Ha ha.
I’m making a large pan of Baclava and cutting it up in small triangles. Might make the syrup tonight and it it out of the way. It can go in the refrig.

Later gang. DETROIT TIGERS ARE IN Tampa and have a 1 run lead right now. They WON big last night!
Detroit Tigers GIF by MLB

Night all.

Last edited:

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Looks like it's barber-college for you Lee. I still haven't figured out what "fresher" hair looks like.

Glad you are pleased with your new TV, Bill. Nothing worse that finding out that your new TV has lousy, tiny sound like an old transistor radio.

K2; I enjoy watching pro football, but can't remember ever watching the NFL draft. I bet Art is looking forward to your baking for your church's bake sale. It's fun, so many of those Palindrome dates in a row.

The pooches are off to the groomers this morning. Maybe they'll come home with "fresher" looking hair. :)

A’Burg Guy

A cold north wind in our early walk made it a VERY quick one. Some may say it was quite “fresh”.
Other than that, for now at any rate…
Looney Tunes Nothing To See Here GIF

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Happy You Can Do It GIF by Hello All
Yup, it's WEDNESDAY already! These weeks just keep flying by.
Enjoy every minute of being able to be outside (well, at least here UP NORTH. You Florida folks are getting into the HOT, HOT, HOT season that is the opposite of what we go through in the WINTER with COLD, COLD, COLD) Thank goodness for POOLS and A/C down there!

NEGC: You might ask one of your kids about getting a SOUND BAR to make the SOUND on your new TV project out into the room more. Most of the sound/volume in TV's is either coming straight down onto the TV Stand or out the sides or back. I know that my Grandson said he would hook up the jacks to our TV if we just go and buy a Sound Bar. I'm about ready to look into that. Some of those movies we watch on PBS with the British accents etc, just don't come across LOUD enough even when you jack up the sound/Volume button. But there's NO ISSUE when the ADVERTISMENTS come on! :emoticon 0136 giggle:

Dave: Nothing better than having nice smelling and groomed pups in the house!
Do they get extra treats when they come back home??
Yes Please Want GIF by Pup-Peroni®

Earlier I went out in the yard to save my next door neighbors plastic bin from blowing away and LOW and BEHOLD another BIG BRANCH came down from the other next door neighbors WILLOW TREE! Must have happened overnight with that WIND.
I picked up and threw quite a few large DEAD and DRY branches onto the rest of the limbs that had broken under that huge tree.
Art was down IN THAT AREA yesterday showing the neighbor that helped him cut down the Apple trees his flower garden along the creek. Good thing that branch waited until last night to break away. :eek: The WIND must have been doing a good job last night. It's still windy out there. I could hear the SQUEEK up in that Willow while I was picking and tossing those bigger branches back into their yard. Need to where a hard hat in that area. o_O

Okay folks.......PT this morning and then I need to get busy on the Baklava for the choir bake sale. Made the syrup yesterday.

HAVE A GOOD DAY! AND BE SAFE.

billg3540

Bosun (Boatswain)
Thanks for the soundbar suggestion, K2. There was an advertisement for one in the packaging that came with the new TV so I will take another look at it and ask Kevin also.
Heard from the orthopedic surgeon's assistant this morning and I have a surgery appointment for July 17th. Before that I have to make appointments for a stress test and for my cardiologist and my primary care doctor to get their clearances for the surgery. That should be interesting since most of them are scheduling much further out than July.
Got my long-needed haircut yesterday so I feel somewhat more presentable at the moment.
We are in for several cool and rainy days according to the TV weather
people and perhaps even a few frosty mornings.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. Ha my Dermatology appt this afternoon. He took one biopsy and froze a few spots. One he is not sure if the freeing will do.

Jennifer sent a message last night that Becky had gone home. That is god not only for and her husband but especially or their son.

I agree Lu-Ann just needs to go to a salon and get her hair washed and dried.

All have a good day.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Checking in this morning from frozen Ohio. A good freeze overnight. Hope all the people remembered where they put their ice scrapers. I never actually take mine out of the car, even during summer. Probably found under the driver's seat.

Not much has been going on in this neck of the woods.

The pooches came back from the groomers looking marvelous. Fuzzbutt, an American Eskimo, may get trimmed down all over but they never trim down her big white tail. Gorgeous, and the first thing I look at. Plus she's one of those breeds that look like they are always smiling.

Good thing she's cute, because she ain't all that bright. :) Yea, yea, she takes after me.

Only thing on my gotta-do schedule for today is a doctor's visit this morning.

I'm lucky. I remembered yesterday that all my doctors are within a half hour of where we live.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
any now Dave is on his way to his Dr’s appt. He gets those really EARLY ONES and gets it out of the way. Hope it all went well for you Fr Dave!
Nothing better than 2 cute Pups just back from the groomer! You need to get Kathi to post a picture of them all fluffed up! :clap002:

There is FROST ON THE ROOFTOPS and GRASS here in our neck of the world this morning! 27F now. Sun is coming up and should help get temp to move up a little! Ha ha Freezing temps will go away soon, and on SUNDAY it may get to 80! Crazy weather for sure.

Lee: I hope Ava isn’t too confused with these cold mornings. Hugs to her from me. Hugs to Lu-Ann too. Hope her hair looks FANTASTIC! Had she let you use the curling iron on her hair yet?? :eek:

Catch up with you Wrabbits later. Enjoy your day!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good morning, checking in from Belleview. Cool here again this morning, but no frost on the roof. Glad it's cooler as I'm heading to Jane's to mow the front yard this morning. Enjoy the day all!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Have an appt with the Podiatrist today.

I think I will will be calling about maybe changing our cabin for Oct, I did not check and found I don't like what is above us.

Jennifer called yesterday and Becky had good news from the Oncologist. The breast cancer is Hormone + which means they can work on stopping the Estrogen so that will help at least slow down any more tumors. They will do that and give her drugs to fight the current tumors and drugs to help improve the bones. Nothing will completely get rid of the cancer, but hopefully these things will work to expand her life to a few years. Since her surgery Monday her back is feeling better not completely well but better.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

Where did yesterday and this morning go?
Yesterday I got the back grass cut and some weeding done. Lu-Ann had a rough Tuesday night so she skipped yesterday's outing with the rest of the ladies.
Right now I’m waiting at the docs office for my sweetie. Then over to help the “Muppets” put up Lisa’s gazebo. Because of the COLD 28F start to the day we moved to a noon start.
Yep, I’d like to see a pooch picture too Dave.
Lu-Ann was able to wield her Dyson hair thingy and did a pretty fine job Kathie. Hugs distributed as requested.
A cooler morning in Belleview isn’t a bad thing when there’s outdoor work to be done Karen!
OK, everybody be good today.