Has anyone cruised with "Bill the Duck"? Looking for stories and photos.

CandorCruiser

Hi, all. I have an admittedly strange question. Has anyone been on a cruise with a guy named Art who carried around a duck puppet (which he called "Bill the Duck") as a conversation starter/ice breaker? I know he and his wife took the duck on dozens of cruises all over the world, and I am trying to track down photos.

Bill looks something like this:

597065473_Bill-Lookalike-downsized.jpg.3df6ecf442c048ecf4656267286188cf.jpg

Thanks, everyone!

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Only traveled with rubber ducks ...........

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Wait, I do remember a while back sitting at a bar one night, not sure if it was the same duck though...........

billbar.gif

Edinopks

Yes,we cruised Russia, St Petersburg to Moscow with Art and his wife in 2018. Wonderful people and a fine duck. I was so impressed I kept looking on line until I was finally able to purchase Bill’s cousin, Dickey, on line about a year ago.
Interestingly, I saw a young woman from Baltimore on Jeopardy who told a story about having to take a trip to Europe to rescue a duck puppet her dad accidentally left behind. I’m sure that was Art’s daughter. I think I have some pictures somewhere. I will look.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Ah..the memories….

I remember dragging around a rubber chicken..because it was the craze on the board at the time..that chicken and his date went on a lot of Cruise @ddicts group cruises… then there was the bear….then the duck…not this duck..the other yellow one..this is duck 2.

if I ever travel with an “animal” again..it will be alive and breathing.. fur and feathered out lol

but whatever tickles your fancy