Has anyone cruised with "Bill the Duck"? Looking for stories and photos.

CandorCruiser

Hi, all. I have an admittedly strange question. Has anyone been on a cruise with a guy named Art who carried around a duck puppet (which he called "Bill the Duck") as a conversation starter/ice breaker? I know he and his wife took the duck on dozens of cruises all over the world, and I am trying to track down photos.

Bill looks something like this:

597065473_Bill-Lookalike-downsized.jpg.3df6ecf442c048ecf4656267286188cf.jpg

Thanks, everyone!

Edinopks

Yes,we cruised Russia, St Petersburg to Moscow with Art and his wife in 2018. Wonderful people and a fine duck. I was so impressed I kept looking on line until I was finally able to purchase Bill’s cousin, Dickey, on line about a year ago.
Interestingly, I saw a young woman from Baltimore on Jeopardy who told a story about having to take a trip to Europe to rescue a duck puppet her dad accidentally left behind. I’m sure that was Art’s daughter. I think I have some pictures somewhere. I will look.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Only traveled with rubber ducks ...........

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Wait, I do remember a while back sitting at a bar one night, not sure if it was the same duck though...........

billbar.gif

red stripe

Staff Captain
Ah..the memories….

I remember dragging around a rubber chicken..because it was the craze on the board at the time..that chicken and his date went on a lot of Cruise @ddicts group cruises… then there was the bear….then the duck…not this duck..the other yellow one..this is duck 2.

if I ever travel with an “animal” again..it will be alive and breathing.. fur and feathered out lol

but whatever tickles your fancy