Welcome Everyone! Please all Check-In Here

SandyDuce

Hello everyone!! My husband and I have been cruising since 2000. We absolutely fell in love with visiting different ports of call. We are booked for an Alaskan Cruise on NCL in July. We have our fingers crossed that our trip doesn't get cancelled. This is the third time we had to reschedule due to Co-Vid restrictions. Happy to return to cruising.

Oakster

Hi, my name is Gail and I’m addicted to cruising! I have 7 booked from July 29 to February of 2024! I’ve already been in 2 this year, with 3 more coming before years end! I will confess that I can’t stop, won’t stop!

Mgram

1st Officer - Navigation
Ahoy there, everyone! I am a blast from the past, Mgram and a little late to the party, as we had family here when the email arrived. I was one of the very early members and very active until Facebook came on the scene. This was always a fun place to play and chat about cruising. I have met and cruised, stayed in touch with so many of the old crew over the years.

We have not cruised since October of 2019 and have missed the joy being on a ship, riding the waves. Right now we do not have anything booked, but hope to in the future. We are fully vaccinated and boosted, but just not quite ready to cross the gangway as yet. Though we do love hearing about friends who have enjoyed the low census on the ships with Covid regulations. We'll venture out again, hopefully soon!

Mgram

1st Officer - Navigation
I just looked at my profile. Oh, and my name is Pat, but some people still call me Mgram! It says that I joined in 2004. If I remember correctly that was when there was MAJOR loss of data in a crash of servers and John had to start things all over again. Anyway, to set the record straight, I joined in late 1999 if I remember correctly. John if you have any old date, feel free to give correct this!

mauidan

Dan here from Florida, left NY in March 2020 and am so happy I got out of NY.
Have been on 53 cruises ...still waiting for # 54 and don't know when that will be since not vaxxed here.

Hi All,

My first cruise was an overnighter to nowhere on NCL with about 20 girls from the office, thought this was the best way to see what it was all about. There was a long delay on sailing out and we couldn't figure out why. While waiting, we heard thru the grapevine that there had been a bomb threat on the ship. All but four of us decided to chuck the trip and get off the ship. So happy that we decided to stay because that was the beginning of my love for cruising.:emoticon 0152 heart: Funny how things go. The girls decided to do another overnighter the following year. I booked but canceled because my mom was sick. As it turned out, that was the worst overnighter ever. A bad storm had blown in with hurricane like winds. Surprisingly, the trip was still on. Needless to say, just about everyone spent the night barfing it up in their cabins. :( Since then I've cruised to all of the Caribbean, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Croatia and Alaska, most on Princess ships. Just love it and hope to get my sea legs ready soon.;)

red stripe

Staff Captain
OK, I am a bit late.
I started cruising with my aunt a long long long time ago. When you went onboard they issued you a set of Oars!

We gave up counting cruises a long time ago. everyone is different.. but for us, it is not about the last one.. but the next one. lol

For some time we ran the group cruises for cruise@ddicts, and had an amazing time. We met so many wonderful and interesting people.
I have missed Cruise@ddicts, and it is nice to be back.

After watching friends and family reach that dreaded stage where they were restricted in their travel.. we vowed to do as much as we can while we can. And we are still living up to that.

So far this year we have done 7 cruises, ( 2 Princess, 2 Celebrity and three HAL) and are about to embark on cruises # 8- 9 - and 10. That is about the most counting we do.. This year, not last year.

Although I do have one interesting number.. during Covid we had 24 cruises cancelled on us! we did not cancel them.. we let the cruise lines cancel. Once cruising started again we had a pot load of shipboard credit lol.

We cruise with HAL, Princess, Celebrity, Cunard. and we had got up to diamond -plus on RCL before getting burned out with them, But I am sure that we will cruise with them again. With each one of these lines we got up to the rating that counts.. FREE LAUNDRY! :emoticon 0115 inlove:

So oh yes.. we really are cruise@ddicts

annhallett

Hi Everyone, Thank you for joining and being apart of this community of Cruise Addicts. We have a long history of helping those suffering from Cruise Addiction .

Please give introduce yourself and let us know about all of suffering. I'll go first.

Hi Everyone, My name is John and I am a Cruise Addict. It all started with my first cruise in the Summer of 1989 aboard Chandris Line's MV Galileo Galilee. A lot of cruises later, here i am after all these years. My last cruise was aboard the Viking Octantis.

Ok, your next.
Greetings from Ann Hallett, retired to Ft Lauderdale from Cape Cod. First cruised with our high school son and daughter on the Royal Caribbean's Monarch during its inagueral year. Then we did the Majesty in its inagueral year. Again the four of us cruised to celebrate each college graduation. Husband's family flew in from CA and MA for a short Carnival cruise for his 60th. We've done several 4-5 day cruises with son and daughter and spouses and took our little grandchildren on two cruises, just the four of us. We did a 10 day Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity and a 7 night Alaskan cruise on Norwegian. Upcoming Amsterdam to London on Norwegian in Sept. My dream cruise is from Buenas Aires to Chile, but don't know if that will ever happen. My first cruise? worked as an entertainer on the SS Argentina in late 60's, 35 days from New York to Iceland, the Scandinavian countries, (St Petersburg), etc. Of course I didn't pay, I got paid, but cost about $2,500 (Imagine?) pp, and all the cruisers were in their 70's or 80's. Both our children went on Semester-at-Sea...literally a semester sailing around the world. So you can see we're cruise addicts. Happy sailing all.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Greetings Ann
"worked as an entertainer on the SS Argentina in late 60's

WOW! the stories that you could tell..:emoticon 0144 nod:

The last cruise we did before Covid reared its ugly heard was 34 nights to Antarctica. So we were all around South America.
It was an amazing cruise, and Chili and Buenas Aires are both beautiful and interesting ports of call.
Go for the gusto.. plan that dream cruise!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I believe you’ll have a tremendous time.
Well i see we made you a wine stewart ( just below your avatar) so you are off to a great start. Can we help with anything?

Jcar

Lecturer
It says bar steward so I guess that’s the same. I’d love to see some feedback on the Sky Princess as that is my next trip. Thanks for reaching out to me.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi Everyone, Thank you for joining and being apart of this community of Cruise Addicts. We have a long history of helping those suffering from Cruise Addiction .

Please give introduce yourself and let us know about all of suffering. I'll go first.

Hi Everyone, My name is John and I am a Cruise Addict. It all started with my first cruise in the Summer of 1989 aboard Chandris Line's MV Galileo Galilee. A lot of cruises later, here i am after all these years. My last cruise was aboard the Viking Octantis.

Ok, your next.
JOHN... the boards are not letting us post correctly. We have to go through by hitting "Post Reply" on a persons previous post. Then add our message and hope for the best. Notice how I had to hit "post reply" on your post to get to be able to type something.
Is there a way of fixing the boards? HELP, HELP, HELP. I don't see a help area on Cruise Addicts.
It is not showing the date of posts on the Community Boards area either. Or on any of the threads.
It shows: later_today_at_x What's that all about? This is K2-Mich from Return of the Cruising Bunny's board. Send me a reply to Detserb @ H o t m a i l . c o m Thanks.

George C

Staff Captain
JOHN... the boards are not letting us post correctly. We have to go through by hitting "Post Reply" on a persons previous post. Then add our message and hope for the best. Notice how I had to hit "post reply" on your post to get to be able to type something.
Is there a way of fixing the boards? HELP, HELP, HELP. I don't see a help area on Cruise Addicts.
It is not showing the date of posts on the Community Boards area either. Or on any of the threads.
It shows: later_today_at_x What's that all about? This is K2-Mich from Return of the Cruising Bunny's board. Send me a reply to Detserb @ H o t m a i l . c o m Thanks.
Had same problem

iluvcruzin

Staff Captain
Hello All. It's been a while. Maureen here from Cincinnati. I'm sure it's been a busy year for most doing those make-up cruises canceled. Although I can't imagine having 24 of them being cancelled like Val's.

This year it began with a Princess cruise with the cruise @ddict girlfriends back in February, Disney Wonder with the grandkids in May, I'm heading to Copenhagen to start a Artic TA next month, then Caribbean with some friends in December. I'm still working so this is enough cruise activity for me. :)

iluvcruzin

Staff Captain
Hi, Erik from Sweden here.
Back in the 80’s and 90’s I used to cruise on our ferries here in the Baltic Sea. Cruised on Voyager of the Seas in 2006 which was my first cruise on a ”true” cruise ship.
Lately I have mostly been cruising with Celebrity but this August I’m back on Voyager of the Seas and Royal Caribbean. In 2006 she was huge, now I guess she’s mid size.
Erik - when do you get off the Voyager in Copenhagen? We might cross paths. :)