Why MSC Cruises Are So Different to Other Cruise Lines

seaserpent

Ordinary Seaman
I was this close to booking the May 7 cruise out of NY and was stopped by the terrible reviews. I think they need to get their act together otherwise the NTC crowd will chew them up and spit them out! Food and service are a tremendous part of the cruise experience. I'm going to keep a close watch on the next month or two, see what if anything has improved and if I think I want to try it, I'll do New England/Canada in September. Hoping some of our cruise addicts will go and have a great experience.:sign help:

George C

Staff Captain
While MSc sometimes has bad reviews, I doubt that those passengers were in MSc yacht club, definitely planning on booking yacht club again within next few years, love that they are sailing from New York City

Gilihard

Youth Counselor
We've sailed 3X on MSC, all in the US and enjoyed them all. Supposedly, it's quite different when sailing in Europe. It was not on MSC, but we returned from a sailing to the Brooklyn piers. MUCH easier, convenient leaving from Manhattan. Not a big fan of the Brooklyn piers.

Elizabeth

Youth Counselor
I think what makes MSC different is they are privately owned, therefore no stock holders to answer to. I will be taking my 13th MSC cruise in April. Yes most of my MSC cruises have been on the Med and some from the UK but I will be returning to my favourite MSC ship, MSC Seaside for a B2B in Feb 2025 from Miami. I have sailed all experiences with MSC. As long as I am on a MSC ship I am happy.

George C

Staff Captain
I think what makes MSC different is they are privately owned, therefore no stock holders to answer to. I will be taking my 13th MSC cruise in April. Yes most of my MSC cruises have been on the Med and some from the UK but I will be returning to my favourite MSC ship, MSC Seaside for a B2B in Feb 2025 from Miami. I have sailed all experiences with MSC. As long as I am on a MSC ship I am happy.
We liked seaside and sailing her again in yacht club in December.

Elizabeth

Youth Counselor
We liked seaside and sailing her again in yacht club in December.
I am so jealous, perhaps you will be able to post some pics, thoughts, etc of your cruise ? I have MSC Europa from Genoa in April (not YC) and very excited about it but for some reason I keep watching lots of Seaside videos, perhaps it's the thought of sunshine and heat and Caribbean blue sea next year. :cool:

George C

Staff Captain
I am so jealous, perhaps you will be able to post some pics, thoughts, etc of your cruise ? I have MSC Europa from Genoa in April (not YC) and very excited about it but for some reason I keep watching lots of Seaside videos, perhaps it's the thought of sunshine and heat and Caribbean blue sea next year. :cool:
I will try to remember to post some pictures, we do spend 90 percent of our time in yacht club, but did like the entertainment in rest of the ship.

justRoo

We are sooo excited to be travelling on the MSC World Europa soon. This will be our 6th time with MSC and we have done a different ship each time.