Who is your favorite cruise director?

Sal Magro

Investigative Reporter
Mine is a toss up. Richard Spacey - Celebrity and "Cookie" - Carnival. Every
cruise director we ever had (50) were great. Well maybe except for one.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Its odd how time changes things. A good CD used to mean a lot to us but not hardly at all now. Ships too big and activities staff to big to actually get to know them. The CD duties spread too thin and not usually in the direction of things that we do now days. It's been a long time since I interacted with a CD other than to say Hi when I actually recognized one.

PEB

Staff Captain
I have seen a lot of cruise directors but none of them have really impressed me enough to remember their names. It is not that they were bad I just rarely pay any attention to them. I only see them if I go to a show in the theater and I really don't do that very often.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
I could copy PEB's post word for word and be right on the money. But have to admit one does stick out in my mind but couldn't say what cruise line or his name to save me. Reason he sticks out is that he looked like Pee Wee Herman and could imitate him to a T

Don't go to the raindeer games and besides most of those like bingo and show and tell are run by the staff anyway, and rarely go to showroom, would rather take in a good lounge show.

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Its odd how time changes things. A good CD used to mean a lot to us but not hardly at all now. Ships too big and activities staff to big to actually get to know them. The CD duties spread too thin and not usually in the direction of things that we do now days. It's been a long time since I interacted with a CD other than to say Hi when I actually recognized one.

It would probably be easier if the question was for favorite bartender... :emoticon 0102 bigsmile:

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Thanks Erik, just gave me the idea for the next question....

Sal Magro

Investigative Reporter
Our first cruise director, Greg, on the Grandeur of the Seas was really great. Anytime the passengers boarded
tenders he was right there making sure everything went well. That was in 2000.

Chelsea922

My favorite is Matt O on Princess. He's amazing. All energy and loving fun. We had him for 49 days around South America and I would go watch the line dancing classes just to listen to his banter. Very Very funny. And at any party, he had all the moves on the dance floor.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Don't have a favorite. Only one we really did not like and the rest eh. Not one has ever made a cruise better. It is up to us to make a cruise good or bad and even on the one cruise that was not great we did all we could to make it good.