When Is your next Princess Cruise??????..Roll Call!!

WendellMoose

April 2nd 2022 Sydney to San Francisco on Sapphire Princess — 28 days with my daughter (15) visits New Zealand, French Polynesia, and Hawaii, all with several ports. Others booked on this voyage?

Jcar

Lecturer
I just returned on the Emerald. I’m looking to go again on January 30 or early February on another Princess. Any suggestions?

Jcar

Lecturer
I can finally answer this - January 16, 2023 on the Coral. Sure wish it was the Pacific, instead
Yeah I miss the Pacific as well. I last went in November then had one cancelled in April due to the flights on the first weekend of April. I can’t find an acceptable price now on Princess but I’ve been spoiled by their Elite benefits. Oh well. Have fun!!

WendellMoose

The Sydney to San Francisco trip didn’t happen (COVID related. I doubt), but we’re off to Alaska on the Discovery Princess on 6/26. Always great to get away.

Jcar

Lecturer
The Sydney to San Francisco trip didn’t happen (COVID related. I doubt), but we’re off to Alaska on the Discovery Princess on 6/26. Always great to get away.
It certainly is nice to break away from time to time. I’ve been to Alaska many times but never via ship. My business took me out there over the years. You can’t take a bad photo in that state. It’s just so scenic.

WendellMoose

Thanks. We’re from the East Coast and though I visited Alaska as a kid via the AlCan highway in 1972, it was no cruise. My 15 yo daughter loves taking pix so she’ll be busy with that no doubt. Interested to walk into Juneau as the only US Capital inaccessible by car. Looking forward to it.

Jcar

Lecturer
I had forgotten that fact. A great reason to visit by ship! Let me know if you hear about any good pricing in the Caribbean for this fall or winter please. Like under 180 per night for balcony. Thanks

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
Yeah I miss the Pacific as well. I last went in November then had one cancelled in April due to the flights on the first weekend of April. I can’t find an acceptable price now on Princess but I’ve been spoiled by their Elite benefits. Oh well. Have fun!!
She was our favorite ship. I'm not sure what our future with Princess will be after this next cruise (which started as a cruise to Alaska in 2020). We don't like the big ships very much.

Jcar

Lecturer
Has anyone else noticed a fall off in the quality of the entertainment on Princess? I was last onboard in November and it was not up to it’s previous entertainment standards, especially in the big theaters. I had someone who traveled in May say they were not pleased then. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

bigbadwolfe911

14 Day | Voyage of the Glaciers Grand Adventure​

Ship: Royal PrincessVancouver, CanadaDeparture Date: Jul 23, 2022

15 Day | Panama Canal - Ocean to Ocean​

Ship: Emerald PrincessLos Angeles, CaliforniaDeparture Date: Dec 18, 2022

Jcar

Lecturer
None booked presently. I had a cancellation on 4-2 due to flight canceled by AA at the last minute. Couldn’t get us there in time. Still awaiting credit card insurance refund. Also Princess prices are higher than competition now but I guess they can sell them to others. I was lat out in November for two weeks.

red stripe

Staff Captain
We lucked out and booked it back before the prices started to rise. They are all trying to make back the money lost in a hurry :) just keep an eye out for last min deals. They will try to get top dollar, but as that sailing date draws near, they can be a little more flexible at times.

Jcar

Lecturer
That’s my plan. On they back to full capacity now? I had a great deal booked back in April but flight was cancelled by airline and couldn’t get us there in time

red stripe

Staff Captain
About capacity.. I will let you know in about 14 days :)
we are flying over to Southampton on the 27th and boarding the ship on the 29th. We have done 7 cruises this year, and with each one the numbers continue to climb.

Unfortunately that is not always a good thing, as they are having trouble with staffing them, so service can be off. One of the problems with staff at the first was that they had to sign up for x amount of months with the understanding that they would NOT be allowed off the ships for the whole time.
Many bulked at this. But that seems to be a thing of the past, so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.
on one cruise back in Nov last year, we pulled into St. Thomas next to one of the RCL "beasts" I think it was the Freedom of the seas. it had 400 pax on it!
All the cruise lines have been sailing at a loss. They only break even when half full, so anything below that number and they are losing money.

Jcar

Lecturer
About capacity.. I will let you know in about 14 days :)
we are flying over to Southampton on the 27th and boarding the ship on the 29th. We have done 7 cruises this year, and with each one the numbers continue to climb.

Unfortunately that is not always a good thing, as they are having trouble with staffing them, so service can be off. One of the problems with staff at the first was that they had to sign up for x amount of months with the understanding that they would NOT be allowed off the ships for the whole time.
Many bulked at this. But that seems to be a thing of the past, so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.
on one cruise back in Nov last year, we pulled into St. Thomas next to one of the RCL "beasts" I think it was the Freedom of the seas. it had 400 pax on it!
All the cruise lines have been sailing at a loss. They only break even when half full, so anything below that number and they are losing money.
When I went back in November the first leg on Caribbean Princess was a ghost town but second leg they said 50% which seemed about right. I’ve gone out of south Hampton before and that’s a good port. Let me know how it goes please and have fun.

red stripe

Staff Captain
I will do that. Southampton is a favorite port of ours. The last time that we cruised out of it, the bay was filled with sailing ships. It was amusing to cruise through them.
next time that you are there..check out The White Star Tavern.