What's cooking for dinner today?

B

BostonsJ

Do you cook according to the weather? I do and today being fall-like and a chill in the air I decided on pot roast in the slow cooker......comfort food is always good on a chilly day.....and turtle pie for dessert!

So what is cooking at your house today?

S

Suez

Great minds think alike!! I've a roast out for the crock pot as well :)
Haven't decided what we'll have with it :)

Suez

C

Cruise cutie

:wave ..It's recycled Boneless Pork Roast made into Hash...I cooked a 7 pound roast in the crock Friday.. and then we ate out last night.. so it's time to make the rest of it gone....I have to make Home-made mashed potatoes.. but NOT whipped hard..I just take my smasher, and leave some body to them,set them aside, then sautee chopped onions in butter, add my spices.. in a huge skillet, add the chunks of meat.. warm it through, and toss in the potatoes..; let that heat through for 10 minutes again.. and it's a done deal..

Mark =love home-made hash either pot roast, or pork roast. and you bet it's comfort food..

=shrug I hate waste ,and it's a good way to have it ready to go..I have 3-11's for the next 2 nights, and he throws it in the microwave, and he's set..really good home-made food to eat while I am at work.. my low carbs diet is in full force for tomorrow.. so it's dine, and dash tonight, to bowling, and home..Autumn is here for true.. :).Happy cooking gang...:daisy...Joanne

N

nieciez

I am not cooking today....DD Jacquie is having me to dinner and she is doing a 16 lb turkey and ALL the trimmings....yep, autumn is in the air!

D

duskbat

hey Suez what kinda roast meat do you use in crock pot. maybe after work i fix some bubba burgers.

J

JANPEP

No cooking here today.
My son went to the local fire dept & picked up Booya.
Great comfort food for a chilly rainy fall day.

B

bigjimswoman

Doing a roast in the oven with potatoes and carrots. Making string beans and cornbread. Grandson insists on a cake every Sunday, so I am making a strawberry and cream cheese cake. DD called and told me the grandons requested pot roast, I was like, yea right.

A

audrey

been out shopping all day with dd getting clothes for her new job that starts tomorrow so I am ordering in. New chinese place just open uo dd had it last night going to give them a try tonite.

S

Suez

Duskbat, mine was a beef chuck roast. Poured a can of beer over it to make sure it would come out tender (it did). Ended up having a sweet potato and peas to finish off the meal.

Suez

C

conniecat

Microwave chicken, noodles and dipping veggies. I don't feel like cooking even more than I usually don't (huh?)

R

r8derfan

Eggplant Parmesan. My hubby has been waiting for this dish all summer. Now that its cooled down a little, he's getting it!!