What is your favorite thing to do in St. Thomas/ St. John?

T

taylormade

Help! Trying to decide which island to go to and what excursion is best.

Thanks in advance!

C

Camelia

St. John is very beautiful island (as opposed to St. Thomas). We went on our own to Trunk Bay, mainly for the famous snorkling trail, which turned out to be very disappointing: lots of people, few fish. If I could do it all over again, I would either rent a car or get a cab driver to drive me all around St. John, and let me decide where to stop to just take pictures or to swim. We saw Hawksnest Beach, and it looked even prettier than Trunk Bay and only had a handful of people.

N

nerak

Try Cinnamon Beach...close to Trunk. There is a campground there and somewhere to get food and drink. Also, no charge to use the beach like Trunk. We were there in March and it was absolutely beautiful!

M

Mr. Utley

Take a cab to Redhook, ferry to St. John, cab to the start of Cinnamon bay trail,and hike down the trail (all downhill) to Cinnamon bay. Then take another cab back to the ferry and either ferry back to Red Hook or the longer ferry ride all the way back to C.A. where you're ship docks. Ferry times and routes are available on the net. You will save money, avoid the crowds and see some incredible scenery.

R

RKO153

HI, I went to the VI a couple weeks ago but regretted I never got to visit St. John. I am a free lance writer and am preparing an article about the islands. Perhaps I can ask
you a couple things I heard about Cinnamon bay. Did you see any museums, exhibits,
archeological digs in the area at all?

I had heard there were ancient petroglphs there? If so does anybody know what
nation of indians painted them?

Anybody know of any other forums like this on the islands? This is good but I am sure
there must be some more focused discussions.