What did you get for Father's Day?

C

Cricket

Well, my daughters put my hubby's picture in the newspaper and a loving statement below his pic. They proceeded last night to take that section out of the paper and just lay it on a coffee table . Hubby came in the sunroom and sat down in front of the coffee table but didn't look at the table. My daughters then started checking out the paper as if there was something they were reading. My husband then noticed them reading the paper & asked what was so interesting. As soon as he looked at the paper,he saw the picture and exclaimed why the heck was he in the news!! It was pretty neat. This past weekend hubby and I went to Alexandria and Washington, and Rich had brough his ADC map of the Washington area so he could direct me where I had to go. Well, we got lost because the map didn't coincide with the streets we were turning on and my husband got upset with the map. I asked how old the map was and he said "22 YEARS OLD"!! I was then upset with him for dealing with an ancient map! LOL When I got home, I went onto the internet and ordered a brand new ADC map for him for Father's Day!! I taped the $15 to the charge bill I got from the internet and wrote Happy's Father's Day on the bill! He LOVED it!

C

Calgon1

Didn't get much in the way of 'stuff'; but, did get two thing that meant an awful lot to me ... early morning phone calls from both DD and DS. To quote Andy Rooney ... "The most important things in life aren't 'things'"

P

packercruise

Well DW gave me a T-Shirt that says "Even though I am left handed I am always right!":cool: Also a yearly subscription for Packer Plus
DD#1 treated me to a Brewers game
DD#2 lives in LA and is sending me a check. Sounds strange but we have a college fund set up for Granddaughter and it goes into that.
DD#3 gave me a gift Card for Borders (a bookstore I do not recommend ordering online from).

G

GloBug

DD, who is just learning how to cook, worked for HOURS in the kitchen. She made delicious butternut squash risotto, and a really yummy strawberry tart. Actually, 8 tarts! She outdid herself. I was proud of her, she was exhausted.

K

korinalacount

John got 2 tiki torches he wanted at Home Depot from Jacob,50 bucks from Abe,and 30 bucks from Rachael,he is going to have his woofer fixed with the money when he gets back,thats the kind of stuff he likes,plus the trimmings for dinner and they gave him the movie The Bucket List which made me cry!

N

nieciez

[quote korinalacount]they gave him the movie The Bucket List which made me cry![/quote]

We watched that movie on Saturday night and LOVED it! Last night we watched the scifi movie "Jumper" and I was surprised that I enjoyed that one.

R

reggae

We were supposed to go out to eat but DD changed the plans.

She made dinner which was her specialty (according to her dad and brother)...Crab cakes. We also had corn on the cob, BBQ chicken and macaroni salad. She also made one of her special fancy desserts to top it off. (Some day, some guy is going to get one heck of a cook!)

DH really enjoyed his Father's Day Dinner

But I am the one that got the greatest gift....when my dear son was getting ready to leave to go back home, he hugged me real hard, and said "I love you mom, and I really appreciate everything you do".............There, now I'm crying again :cry......Darn, I miss that kid.

C

Corky

[quote reggae]But I am the one that got the greatest gift....when my dear son was getting ready to leave to go back home, he hugged me real hard, and said "I love you mom, and I really appreciate everything you do".............There, now I'm crying again :cry......Darn, I miss that kid.[/quote]

Reggae - We both sure have sweet boys and I miss mine, too. =hug

R

reggae

Corky, I feel for you, as your son is so far away. We try to be strong and let them go, be on their own, but it's not easy. Hugs to you too, friend =hug

M

mail-girl

OK so I didn't get anything either!=COOL I spent the morning with my grandson, put a new onsie on him that says "cool just like daddy" took pics went had one printed & put it in a frame for DS 1st Father's Day. Went shopping for a bird feeder stand thingy for my Dad.(there are lots of add-ons for the stand so I don't have to think too hard for future gift ideas) & then we went to a local State Park for an evening cook-out with the rest of my family. Quite a nice day!=COOL