What are you reading?

Jcar

Lecturer
responding to the "good morning" thread, gave me the idea for this subject.

What are you reading?

what type of books do you like" what books do you recommend?

I just finished reading my way through John Sanford "Prey" series. It was 32 books, and I enjoyed the character Lucas Davenport.

Then I moved on to his "Virgil Flowers" series.. 12 or 13 books. I was not too sure about the Virgil Flowers character when I started the first book, but got to really enjoy the character as I continued to read.

Today I am reading books by C.J. Box . The first one is called "Open Season", and has only 316 pages, so easy to get through.

I also love reading history, Nature, OK.. darn near everything..:read:
Biloxi Boys. Simple but entertaining. I’m soon starting The Cabinet Of Dr Leng

red stripe

Staff Captain
Christoffer, I will have to look that one up.:thumb:

These days I get most of my books on my tablet, they come from the library. We are very lucky here to have a really good one, so lots to read.

Jcar

Lecturer
Christoffer, I will have to look that one up.:thumb:

These days I get most of my books on my tablet, they come from the library. We are very lucky here to have a really good one, so lots to read.
I do the same with tablet. If you read Dr Leng I would first start at book one in this series. Enjoy!

red stripe

Staff Captain
Thanks for all the suggestions for books. Right before we head off for a cruise,…I download as many new reads as I can.

I have about 800 books bought and on the tablet, I remember many times being on a ship with Maw, and Einstein would hook us up and download books onto her tablet from mine.

by the way,
here is a good site to sign up to. They send out a list of books that you can download from their site for a few bucks.

bookbub.com

BSea, I am still 7 weeks waitlisted for the murder club books, I do have the bullet that missed…..the missed bullet??? so gave up waiting for them to be in order, and started it last night.

CaptainBollo

Photograher
Hello Red Stripe! I have to say that we are greatly enjoying the Lonely Planet series on Cruise Ports currently. We have bought all five of them and I am currently trawling through the Caribbean edition at present! If anyone is interested they can be found on Amazon here > Lonely Plant Port Guides > although I hope all good bookshops will soon stock them. We always try to buy from Waterstones and WMSmiths in the UK to help keep our local highstreet alive!

red stripe

Staff Captain
Hello Captain. I will look into them when we get off this ship.. internet is slow right now.

Canarsie.. I like him too.

George. The Jack Reacher character is great!

seaserpent

Ordinary Seaman
Just finished two good books. Madam about a madam who was polly adler and in the 20's through the 50's she was a woman who made her way in the world. Knew all the pols, cops and screen stars.
Also,the anomaly - the writer is French and that book scared the dickens out of me. What a great read. Tremendous writing.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Biloxi Boys. Simple but entertaining. I’m soon starting The Cabinet Of Dr Leng
The Biloxi Boys .....indeed keeps you entertained. Bit of a change from his previous reads.