Welcome to the MSC forum

Wijames

We love MSC. We have done 11 cruises with them and have two more booked. All of our cruises with them are Caribbean but that is fine with us. Last cruise with MSC Jan/Feb 2020 I found that I am now Diamond but hubby is not, found that is due to me being the one paying for everything, guess we need to put his card on the next cruise.
My wife and I are going on our first MSC cruise on April 19th and would appreciate your opinion of their island. not finding much info about it.

sptrout

Shore Excursion Manager
MSC does not have any formal nights at least for US cruises, do on occasion have special dress nights (white for example, and another that I cannot remember, but not formal). These types of dress nights were not known to us before cruise dates, but it would not had made any difference; we would have prepared the same for all evenings; dressy casual as did nearly everyone else.

sptrout

Shore Excursion Manager
"My wife and I are going on our first MSC cruise on April 19th and would appreciate your opinion of their island. not finding much info about it."

The MSC Private Island is very nice for adults and kids that are into swimming or just beach resting. The island is not as built-up as the private islands are for other major cruise lines. There are a few stores that sell both MSC stuff and local products. Nice stores, no hard sell at all. Many beaches that are separate, and large, so no crowd problems. The best event is the "Lighthouse Show" that is at night. I know that more recent cruises than our two MSC cruises leave the island before dark so that show would not be shown.

Buffet lunch is served for non-YC passengers. YC passengers have their own private beach and restaurant which is good with great views of the ocean. If in the YC, recommend that you arrive early to get good seating in the restaurant. A YC ID is needed to enter the area.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
My wife and I are going on our first MSC cruise on April 19th and would appreciate your opinion of their island. not finding much info about it.
The island is very nice and actually pretty large. Our only complaint about it is there is not much shade. If you want to sit on one of the beaches you have to pay for an umbrella. And almost all the trees are palm trees so not much shade there. The food is pretty much like that on other private islands. One thing that is nice is they have a shuttle that will take you from the ship to some of the beaches and back.