Welcome Back Cruise Cutie !!!!!

B

BostonsJ

I just spoke to her on the phone. She called me on the way home from the airport she was still about 2 hours from home. She has bronchitis and Mark has had a sinus infection but they had a wonderful time anyway.

She said her wi fi didn't work the second week which is why she didn't check in. It sounds like in spite of them getting sick they still got the relaxtion in that they needed!

I'm sure she will check in tonight or tomorrow morning! =homesign Cutie and Mark!

D

Donna - dsw

Re: Welcome Back Cruise Cutie !!!!!

Welcome Home! Hope you both get on the heal quick - rest up and get well. Waiting to see all your photos!

C

Corky

Oh, I hate that they got sick while in Aruba and while on vacation. Seems like too much of that going around lately. I wish them both a speedy recovery! =hug

S

ShipMaven

Welcome home, Paesana.

I'm sorry to learn that "the crud" caught up with you and Mark as well. :( Feel better quickly!

T

The Cruiser

Welcome =homesign CC and CH. Alright who the heck is passing the "crud" around =eek

W

Whimsy

Welcome home! Sorry they are ill. I hope the recover quickly.

P

popcorn

Welcome home! Sorry that the crud caught you. Hope it disapears soon.

Liz

J

JANPEP

Welcome Home!!!!!
Sorry you got the crud & brought it home with you, get better quick.
Hope you were able to get the R & R that you so deserve.

C

Cruise cutie

:wave..thanks so much for the welcome home, and Judy is right.. I am heading to the MD pronto today, as the very bad news is..

:( I got up early ( 4AM to be precise) yesterday to get finished packing and to the airport for 2 God forsaken hours international pre-flight..:grin) and Mark has decided in his lifetime not doing THAT again.. 4AM to go HOME!!!.:dizzy..return a rental, lose sleep afraid to oversleep yada ,yada, yada, ....he was grumpy.. and then he was such a doll the entire day... because ..sigh..he was THE best..I would not trade Powerball for him.

????????.anyhoo would you believe..:(:(:(.. I had a coughing jag.. and I mean a doozy.. *SIGH* and I threw out my back!!.. I mean 30 years of busting *ss as a nurse, and never hurt my back.never so much as %$#@ anything.. . last day in a heated tropical island, and still fighting bronchitis, and I of course do that..

so it's off to my former boss on the phone, and either cajole him to getting me a scrip over the phone, or drag in,and be seen..for the bronchitis, AND the ..=grrr back.. I am walking very slowly and deliberately.. and OMG talk about a new experience for me.not rushing ANYTHING!!..:(...

lemme just tell you plane seats with someone who never had had to be careful with a back "thing" was a learning curve, and of course the puddle jumper to San Juan on the way home made me climb steep steps, and no ramps.. Mark luckily knew from having a bad back for over 30 years.. so he was like a Gentle Giant hovering over me , and just worry warting me home..all I can say is I am so grateful I have always carried a mega bottle of Advil for him..it meant me slurping it down..
as a gentle wawa..this will me my "only time I really be a wawa.. Thanks for letting me..:lol...

even with a trusty heating pad on full bore....it hurts to stay in bed, it hurts to roll over, and it hurts to "be"..:grin so this Chica is going to be a turtle in my getting things methodically set..

Mark is at the office plowed under with a ton of paperwork..he surfaced to answer my call, and said BE CAREFUL!!... so I have errands, and unpacking ( very slowly).. our condo has a washer/ dryer so no dirty clothes to do thank goodness.. but I tell you kids.. at 48 I knew my "back days" were limited; I mean 30 years.. I had been on borrowed time as a nurse!!... but now "I know"....:worried.. I am off duty till 3-11PM on Tuesday.. so I'll be here on and off.

Stephen is home from college, but working at his job he got already for after graduation in May.. I have a chicken roaster to bake for supper, then make soup..make him brownies, and cookies for work lunches this week.. I also need to sit(!) for a manicure.. so it's pacing myself.. and a nap.. I can feel the Advil kicking in, but a nap may help later too..

Wendy is HOWLING her head off from being lonely, Mark begged me to do almost nothing, and I swore on my soul as a Good Italian wife/ Momma to call my PMP -old boss MD.. so that's my agenda.. later kids....=hugs Joanne..

R

reggae

Wow, sounds like you had a bad ending to your vacation. I hope your boss understands you will need additional time off work. Hope your illnesses go away soon! Those back problems are no fun, maybe the dr. can give you something for the pain too. Best wishes!

N

nieciez

OUCH Joanne...that was no way to end your vacation :( Try and rest and don't rush it.

D

Donna - dsw

Nothing like hurting your back - - you are a nurse - - -now take the advice you give others - - DON'T do anything. Take it easy and get to a MD.

Hang in there!

B

BostonsJ

Get someting for that back too there Chickie. Ice/heat ice/heat. Take it from one who has lived her lifetime with back woes! Be careful today and rest!

R

rooy

oh, dear, cutie, i'm sorry to hear about your back. i can TOTALLy relate as mine has been out for about five days. sitting hurts-standing hurts-lying down hurts- i'm with you on the "just being" hurts. i hope you have some improvement soon. my doc gave me lidoderm patches and they work pretty darn well. my stomach was so upset from all the nsaids, he went the patch route. good luck and be kind to yourself. ah, yeah, welcome home:daisy

J

JANPEP

So sorry to read about the back, nasty. Like everyone else said, don't do anything, rest & relax & go see the dr.
Hope it's better soon.

R

Rubysky

Welcome12.gif

Sorry your vacation ended the way it did.

M

maw

A very gentle hug . good to have you back but so sorry it has to be so painful. Take care and REST